April 19, 2024, 04:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 715613 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »

Heart and Northern Rose - thanks for posting the pics!  Helps to see the side by sides of them.  I think their nose looks very similiar, yet am not so good with that stuff. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

ok, let's all take just one small minute to think about this.

Let's put ourselves in the aunt's place.

She hands the child over to a bio m om that she does not like.

On Oct. 9th, not the 31st as has been stated previous to about 5 hours ago, right?

The mother subsequently tells this aunt that she will never see the child again.  No warning sings there?

And the aunt does nothing?  Doesn't dig around, trying to find something that she can use to get the child back?  Doesn't even call the police?

So now the dad is asking Americans to please report any suspicions regarding child abuse?
Did the aunt call the dad in Oregon?
I had read that the Aunt was mad because Shaniya had been punished for doing something to her cousin..like hitting them or something and the Aunt and the Mother got in a augument about it, so yes the Aunt had most likely been calling to check on Shaniya......and the Mother got mad and told her she would never see Shaniya again.......she must have called the father and said something because she said that she knew when he got back to town that they were gonna have to do something and file some papers to ensure they had a say in where shaniya went after this......I think Shaniya had visited the Mother before and prolly came back ok...by listeneing to shaniyas sister and brother thats the way I understand it....she had visited the mother before, so maybe the aunt figured she would be fine until the father got home and sought legal advice...IMO

thanks, HH.

I knew the part about Antoinette being mad that Shaniya had been disciplined - but didn't know that she had visited there before.

That actually brings up more questions...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »

I found this On Samual McNeill.. Also check his vehicle out.. but not 100% sure if this is the same McNeill..

MCNEILL , SAMUEL LYNN
826 EGYPT RD
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28314   

VEHICLE INFORMATION: 
TAX YEAR TAX BILL NUMBER TAX DISTRICT AMOUNT PAID
2009 5076388 06  1000  $100.00

EXPIRATION DATE YEAR / MAKE / MODEL TAXABLE VALUE EXEMPTION
6/30/2010 2006 CHEVY IMLT  $11,320.00 $0.00

Interesting!  Thanks JG! 

I dunno if that's the same one or not, but could be.  There also is a Samuel E McNeill (52) in Sanford. 

On the BOLO, they were looking for a man in his 60s or so, in the Sanford area, with a blue toyota.  And then they hushed up about that. 

I did a search today on S/O in the Sanford are in Lee County.. The police stated Mcneill has been known to visit the Sanford area.. To me that means he knows people in the area..The following caught my interest:

1. Larry Cox.. age 60.I seen this man name before I dont know if it was on one of the FB
2. Lacy Mcgee-age 61
3. Tommy Lee Neal-age-62
4. John Blue-age 51
5. Rex Knight-age 46
6. Kendrick bynum-47
7. Thomas Edward-age 56

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »

I had read that the Aunt was mad because Shaniya had been punished for doing something to her cousin..like hitting them or something and the Aunt and the Mother got in a augument about it, so yes the Aunt had most likely been calling to check on Shaniya......and the Mother got mad and told her she would never see Shaniya again.......she must have called the father and said something because she said that she knew when he got back to town that they were gonna have to do something and file some papers to ensure they had a say in where shaniya went after this......I think Shaniya had visited the Mother before and prolly came back ok...by listeneing to shaniyas sister and brother thats the way I understand it....she had visited the mother before, so maybe the aunt figured she would be fine until the father got home and sought legal advice...IMO

Am thinking it's the other way around..  IIRC, (and I could have it wrong), am thinking I heard the paternal aunt reporting this in an interview somewhere, that Antoinette was angry with her because she (the aunt) had "disciplined" Shaniya over some kind of run-in with her cousins.  Antoinette was supposedly angry about that, had called her on Sunday morning and said that she would never see Shaniya again. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

Not entirely correct. Whether the dad had a legal right to shaniya is not determined exclusively by the birth certificate. He was legally presumed to be the father based on his relationship with her and the fact that he'd raised her, supported her, educated her, and so forth.

Jess - I am not sure how it works there, but here in Michigan the affidavit of parentage that the guy must sign if he wants his name on the birth certificate (and is presented to him at the hospital at the time of the birth) states that "The mother has initial custody of the child, without prejudice to the determination of either parent’s custodial rights, until otherwise determined by the
court or agreed upon by the parties in writing and acknowledged by the court."  So I am pretty sure that in this case, the police would be powerless to order the mom to give the child back to the dad unless there was a court ordered custody agreement. I know that when my ex called the cops to get his kid back after mom's visitation ended he was told it was a civil matter and he would have to go to court to enforce and/or punish her for not following the rules.

That document is intended to acknowledge parentage and establish paternity.  Paternity was not an issue for Shaniya.  I don't doubt for one second that the cops took the position that the visitation issue is a civil matter--it absolutely is.  Police are powerless to order any parent to turn over his/her child to another parent, even if the parents are happily married.  But if the father showed up and took Shaniya, there's nothing "mom" could have done about it either.

Nope - in Michigan, the affidavit of parentage must be used if an unmarried couple wants to have the father's name on the birth certificate. Even if the parents agree that dad is dad they still have to have the affidavit of parentage done if dad want to be on the birth cert. Even if later mom goes in to get child support, the dad is not on the birth certificate unless he specifically request the court to enter an order to do it.

If you do not have an affidavit of parentage, then when you go into court, you must have a DNA test to prove that you are dad - then you get an judgment of filliation. Then the court may or may not order visitation based on the best interest factors. But they will order child support.

Like I said, Michigan is my only point of reference.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2009, 09:31:12 PM »

Perhaps it is been discussed already but my thoughts:

About Bradley Lockhart (Dad) saying he wanted to give AD "a chance to be a mother" does not make sense to me. She already had a child (7 yrs old by another baby daddy), and was supposed to be a "mother" to that one. It wasn't like she didnt have kid/s already. I guess he probably meant so "Shania" could have a mother in her life. But then the Aunt looks like she was that mother figure and by all accounts doing a good darn job.

I also was thinking maybe if Mario was the pimp and AD the prostitute that when he found out AD was pregnant she was no more use to him, so he threatens AD and she came up with this scheme to hand over Shaniya. Just some thoughts, not fact. But I would bet her welfare check she is a crack addict with a debt to some druggie (Mario) and has abused the other child of hers in ways I dont even want to think about.

I hope AD is HIV positive but the baby is born healthy and given to a family that will love and care for him/her. The reason I hope AD has aids is because I want her to suffer a slow agonizing death while waiting on death row. Sorry, I know it sounds harsh but she deserves it and so much more.

Ok, coming down off my soap box. 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »

trying to catch up.... I have to say, not taking sides and yes, hind sight is 20 /20 and unless you have been exposed to any type of "custody" or lack there of ... it is not as easy as it seems.  The Aunt, mad as hell or not, truly had NO legal recourse to get that baby back short of staging some kind of coo, plus you have dad out of town.  (Just throwing this out there...) No, it wasnt the ideal circumstances and probably most of us would have put up a big hell no she isnt staying there... the aunt is a single mom with 3 children herself and probably dealing with alot of this herself.  I mean who in their wildest of dreams would have thought her own (uterus, cause that is all she was) would pimp her out?  Your average person living day to day just doesnt really think that is something that could happen.  The Aunt was probably thinking about how to plan the next plan of not having to deal with AD EVER again. 

Not defending anyone... just saying from the stand point of a person in those shoes, and LE that DO NOT, WILL NOT, UNLESS NO OTHER RECOURSE WILL GET INVOLVED IN DOMESTIC ISSUES.  Only speaking from personal experience.   

Believe me, I have been on BOTH sides of the fence on this one and still am.  I only hope this does make more awareness to people and you know, even if you just suspect things arent right...make the call. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »

Am thinking it's the other way around..  IIRC, (and I could have it wrong), am thinking I heard the paternal aunt reporting this in an interview somewhere, that Antoinette was angry with her because she (the aunt) had "disciplined" Shaniya over some kind of run-in with her cousins.  Antoinette was supposedly angry about that, had called her on Sunday morning and said that she would never see Shaniya again. 

I thought that AD told the aunt that SHE had disciplined Shaniya for fighting with her cousins and she was really mad and then she told the aunt that she would never see her again...I took that as more punishment for Shaniya to hear that she would never see her aunt again...she must have really loved torturing this child with her words and her actions jmo....

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »

Now I have a good question (IMO) Why is it that parents are just allowed to withdraw their kids from school without proving a child will be being homeschooled (with a curriculum plan as proof) or without the school that the child is being transferred to faxing for the request for information?  There have been far too many abuse cases out there where parents withdraw their kids, say they are moving, sometimes they do sometimes they don't, and the kid is beaten to death or starved to death or locked up for years, etc.  I mean I have heard so many cases of it I just have issues that there isn't some kind of law to protect the kids who have actually been enrolled from being in this type of situation again.  A lady I know,who has had so many CPS cases open, has had her kids removed twice, decided she was going to move and didn't want anyone to know where she was going so she withdrew her kids and didn't leave any type of forwarding to anybody, she didn't even tell her landlord she was moving, just up and did it.  I asked the school why they let her do that and they said that they couldn't stop her.  I was thinking that there should be something in place to help LE and CPS monitor these at risk kids and help protect those who haven't been discovered to be at risk yet but are at risk without us knowing.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »

well papers or no papers ......custody or no custody...if I thought for one second that my child was in danger at the hands of this woman.....trust me....I would have gone there and gotten my child back,,,,,one way or the other.....it might have not been legal...but I would have her.......promise you that,.......been there...done that.......

A-fricken-men HH.  You and me alike.

I hate to say this, but it wasn't the aunt's child..had she done that she would have been arrested and the child placed with the mother until a court hearing..months away.

Does no one understand that custody rights in this country are bizarre at best.  Especially for father's who are not assigned custody..as in this case..the law would say you have no rights until you go to court ...LE would not and could not do anything.

The father and the aunt were not in a position to steal her..that is how the court would have seen this.  And if they would have had legal joint custody..nothing again..she was with her bio Mom.  LE nor her Dad nor Aunt could have stopped this.

The only person who could have stopped this is her Mom.  It is her Mom that sold this child...no one else.

I am becoming engrossed in this placing balme.  I will say that to me only the bio Mom and her cohorts are to blame.  I will step away now because I know that view is not popular.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »

do we know for sure if the bio mom is the one who terminated the enrollment at Shaniya's school? she doesn't strike me as the type to even bother doing that as well as even knowing where she went to school at...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »

I did a search today on S/O in the Sanford are in Lee County.. The police stated Mcneill has been known to visit the Sanford area.. To me that means he knows people in the area..The following caught my interest:

1. Larry Cox.. age 60.I seen this man name before I dont know if it was on one of the FB
2. Lacy Mcgee-age 61
3. Tommy Lee Neal-age-62
4. John Blue-age 51
5. Rex Knight-age 46
6. Kendrick bynum-47
7. Thomas Edward-age 56

Betcha these guys and Christopher McNeill in Sanford, and maybe the McNeill that was just arrested, esp if he's the one living in Sanford, have been questioned and questioned by LE.  Cuz as you've said, it was reported that MM knew someone living there. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »

Now I have a good question (IMO) Why is it that parents are just allowed to withdraw their kids from school without proving a child will be being homeschooled (with a curriculum plan as proof) or without the school that the child is being transferred to faxing for the request for information?  There have been far too many abuse cases out there where parents withdraw their kids, say they are moving, sometimes they do sometimes they don't, and the kid is beaten to death or starved to death or locked up for years, etc.  I mean I have heard so many cases of it I just have issues that there isn't some kind of law to protect the kids who have actually been enrolled from being in this type of situation again.  A lady I know,who has had so many CPS cases open, has had her kids removed twice, decided she was going to move and didn't want anyone to know where she was going so she withdrew her kids and didn't leave any type of forwarding to anybody, she didn't even tell her landlord she was moving, just up and did it.  I asked the school why they let her do that and they said that they couldn't stop her.  I was thinking that there should be something in place to help LE and CPS monitor these at risk kids and help protect those who haven't been discovered to be at risk yet but are at risk without us knowing.

Kindergarten is not required in many jurisdictions so you may withdraw your child anytime - or just choose not to enroll them.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

2. Lacy Mcgee-age 61
3. Tommy Lee Neal-age-62
4. John Blue-age 51
5. Rex Knight-age 46
6. Kendrick bynum-47
7. Thomas Edward-age 56

Betcha these guys and Christopher McNeill in Sanford, and maybe the McNeill that was just arrested, esp if he's the one living in Sanford, have been questioned and questioned by LE.  Cuz as you've said, it was reported that MM knew someone living there. 

Yep...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »

NC prime destination for human trafficking?

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The case of Shaniya Davis is shedding light on the problem of human trafficking in North Carolina.

There are several factors making North Carolina a prime destination for traffickers.

Outrage, shock, and anger are a few of the ways many describe the death of 5-year-old Davis, while her mother faces serious charges. But, perhaps even more shocking is the number of children in the country it happens to every year.

There's an estimate that says 200,000 American children are at risk for being trafficked into the sex industry every single year.

Rachel Braver works with the statewide task force called RIPPLE, which addresses human trafficking.

"It's estimated that 600,000 people to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year," Braver said. "North Carolina has several factors that might make it a prime destination for traffickers to prey on victims."

Legal experts say one of the reasons North Carolina is a prime location for human trafficking is because of all the major highways that crisscross the state and the big role agriculture plays in the state.

The agriculture history in North Carolina would be a place for labor exploitation also the tourism industry on the coast; they might see some labor trafficking in the hotels or restaurants there.

Braver says there's also a high number of cases of trafficking among immigrants working against their will and the high military presence in the state also plays a role.

"That's not to say that the military causes trafficking, but often around military bases there is an increase for commercial sexual activity," Braver said. "So where there is the demand for that the traffickers will provide the supply."

But through tougher legislation, marches, and training of local officials, there is hope that supply of human traffic can be cut down so lives can be saved.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7124225
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »

do we know for sure if the bio mom is the one who terminated the enrollment at Shaniya's school? she doesn't strike me as the type to even bother doing that as well as even knowing where she went to school at...

cookie I don't recall reading who it was that terminated the enrollment at Shaynia's school but it would appear that it would have been her father or someone on his side of the family since Shaynia had been living with him.

Heart
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »

New Details Revealed in Murder of Missing North Carolina Girl

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Late Tuesday, authorities confirmed a body found in the woods in rural North Carolina is Shaniya Davis. The 5-year-old had been missing for nearly a week.

Investigators have already charged her mother with selling the little girl for sex as part of a prostitution ring. Another man has been charged with kidnapping.

For several days, hundreds of volunteers joined police, searching rural areas for the little girl.

Investigators continue to focus on Shaniya's mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis, who has been charged with selling her little girl as a sex slave.

Initially, Davis told police she woke-up and discovered Shaniya was missing from their mobile home in Fayetteville.

A turn in the case came when security video, a few days later, showed a man carrying Shaniya at a nearby hotel.

The man on that tape, 29-year-old Mario McNeil, turned himself in and has been charged with first-degree kidnapping.

The chief medical examiner in North Carolina is expected to complete an autopsy, looking for an official cause of death, later in the week.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=148295&catid=6
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »

Gypsy DD.... that is basically what I was trying to say. 

I think everyone is just angry about this whole situation. 

It is a HUGE cry to have custody type issues and other protective measures in place to protect the ones that can not protect themselves.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »

cookie I don't recall reading who it was that terminated the enrollment at Shaynia's school but it would appear that it would have been her father or someone on his side of the family since Shaynia had been living with him.

I don't recall it being stated.  I just think the principal said that she was withdrawn.
Probably when she missed the second day, the school called the aunt to check on her.
Maybe the aunt told them that she had gone to live with her mother.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

HIGHT: An awful tragedy
 What a tragedy!

It’s likely that most people reading this column did not know 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. Yet, many of us feel a sense of loss.

This young girl had such an angelic face. It’s a face that remains emblazoned on our minds as our hearts ache over what appears to be the tragic end of her life.

It is believed that it was her body that was found in southern Lee County about 100 feet from Walker Road off N.C. 87.

It’s a case that has family and friends shaking their heads in disbelief, not to mention people around the world who have trouble understanding how such a tragedy could occur.

Moreso, I’m thinking of a precious 5-year-old girl whose life has come to a premature and unnecessary end.

A young girl who will miss future holidays ... and school dances ... and fun times.

A young girl who will miss the chance to grow into womanhood ... the chance to live a full life ... the chance to fulfill her hopes and dreams.

I think of the family and friends that she leaves behind, those of whom showered her with love ... and those of whom she loved in return.

Life is not supposed to end this way, especially for a young child.

It’s difficult to understand why some things occur. Especially tragedies. Especially involving a young child.

We can be thankful for Shaniya’s life and for the love she brought to this world.

Shaniya — the angel with the angelic face. And, now, she is among the angels in heaven.

http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-HIGHT-+An+awful+tragedy%20&id=4515935&instance=latest_articles
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.