March 28, 2024, 04:51:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 712874 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:42 PM »

So this is why McNeil admitted to kidnapping Shaniya. He admits guilt to the lesser crime and then only serves part of the sentence that he actually should be serving, just like he is used to doing. If they can't prove that he actually killed the girl, then they will just convict him on kidnapping.
Hi Rach, I have said several times that I don't think there was a hand off, the one in jail is the one. He admitted to the kidnapping to try to dodge the rape murder of a child. The latter charge results in certain death, by the state or fellow inmates, one way or another, he will die for it, the kidnapping is a lesser charge and I think he was going to blame the mother fully.. a "no, she gave me the kid to take to so and so, said they was gonna watch her" something like that. that explains the smirk on his nasty face. it was his thoughts of  "I am smarter then you, you can't prove anything more then I carried her in and out of there, but I know what I did" . He only admitted to that to get the results I have been seeing, "he wouldn't have admitted to kidnapping if he killed her". Yes he would, it is a lesser charge and one that any good defense attorney could get him out of.

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2009, 12:22:59 PM »

No matter if the father was around, by all appearances, Shaniya was happy and well taken care of by her Aunt.  Why on earth did they allowed her to live with her mother even for a short time is beyond my comprehension. 

From all appearances in the lovely photos which we have seen of Shaniya, apparently taken when she was in her father's custody, she was well taken care of, happy and seemed well-adjusted.  I saw no evidence of cigarette burns even though I have magnified the photos.  If this were truly the case, I think it would be the responsibility of whoever saw these burns to call police or at the least report it to the aunt or father.  I take everything these people say with a grain of salt.  If Cheyenne thought AD was so bad, why would she describe her as so sweet and so sweet-talking?  It goes without saying as one of them did that it would not have happened had Shaniya not been with her mother.  Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
No, if I have to choose, which I don't of course, not being personally involved in this, I would take the side of the father and aunt who obviously took great care of Shaniya.  As to other children of whom they claim he doesn't take care, they appear to me to be adults who should be taking care of themselves.

As far as is known, the father often was taken out of town by his work and after all it does take money to live, the aunt had primary care of Shaniya most of the time.  It appears she did a very good job.

Not knowing all of the details, I condemn only MM and AD until therre is information to the contrary from sources I consider reliable.  I do not just automatically take the word of anyone in such a situation, particularly from those who may have motives other than seeking the truth.

I condemn MM and AD too, but they are all guilty of failing her in my opinion..

did you watch the video that Klaas provided with these others speaking? you might change your mind..why would they lie, especially when they are helping to raise his other children? jmo....

I can't answer to that.  People have different reasons for lying.  why would they all gang up on the father and aunt?  IMO there is much more than appears on the surface.  Probably old resentments.  Maybe they were mad because they wanted to raise Shaniya. Maybe they resent something about the first wife's death.  Most of the time, things are not what they appear to be at first glance.  Sometimes they are. 

BabyBear, I think new resentments.... They are angry at what has happened and have to blame someone, why not start with the one who sent her there.

allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/18/crimesider/entry5696345.shtml
November 18, 2009 11:35 AM
Shaniya Davis' Little Body Found Near Deer Carcasses in Trash
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) The story of Shaniya Davis gets more gruesome as it unravels
A dog trainer who helped look for the missing North Carolina 5-year-old says searchers overlooked her body at first because all they saw were deer carcasses in trash bags.

But Jeff Riccio of Tarheel Cainine Training Inc. said his team returned after getting information that the body of Shaniya Davis might be near the carcasses. The searchers found the body Monday afternoon underneath kudzu plants along a rural highway southeast of Sanford, N.C., about 40 miles south west of Raleigh.

Riccio says it was terrible seeing Shaniya's body, but he's glad her ordeal is over. A massive search for Shaniya began Tuesday Nov. 3 when her mother, Antoinette Davis, reported her missing from their Fayetteville, N.C., home.

Antoinette Davis has been charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse, accused of selling her daughter into sexual slavery. Police also charged Mario McNeill with kidnapping after he was captured on a hotel's surveillance video with Shaniya.

So far, no one has been charged with the girl's murder.

Wonder if placing her near the rotting deer was coincidence or if MM was told that were some there?
What's the hold up on charging somebody with the homicide?

Jurisdiction. They are trying to figure out which county Shaniya was murdered in. Sad

For goodness sakes. Slap them with State charges and they won't have to worry about jurisdiction. Actually, I think human trafficking should be a Federal charge. JMO

You are right.....Human trafficking is a federal charge! that's why I can't understand why the heck the FBI haven't been brought in yet!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »

It's my understanding the FBI was brought in early on.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »

Published: 06:38 AM, Wed Nov 18, 2009
Slain child's dad says he blames himselfBy Gregory Phillips
Staff writer

The father of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis said Tuesday he partly blames himself for his daughter's death.

"I believe every parent would blame themselves," Bradley Lockhart said, his lower lip trembling. "We all look within ourselves to see what we could have done different."

Lockhart said he didn't know what he could have done differently, but he wishes he had known the extent of a reported Department of Social Services investigation into the home life of Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis.

"I feel if they would have known, they should have contacted me," he said.

Shaniya was staying with her mother when she was reported missing from the Davis home in the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road on Nov. 10. Her body was found a week later in woods off a rural road south of Sanford.

Antoinette Davis and a Fayetteville man are charged in her disappearance.

Antoinette Davis faces charges that include child abuse involving prostitution. Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police say he was seen carrying Shaniya in a Sanford hotel after she went missing.

Lockhart said Tuesday he was "appalled and disgusted" at the nature of the charges. But he dismissed reports he allowed Shaniya to stay with her mother while knowing it was an unsafe environment.

"I choose not to talk about that," he said. "Most of it's speculation, though."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »

IMO dad and aunt failed Shaniya by not checking on her. If the burns were really there I think it's criminal for them to agree to let her go there at all, but we don't know that for sure. All of them share in the guilt but I don't believe that he would knowingly send her there if he thought she would be in danger. It sounded like Shaniya did visit the mom on a semi regular basis. It wasn't until she had her own place (not really exactly as it turns out) and had held a job which would on the outside indicate she was straight from drugs, that he allowed her to stay longer. I hate what happened to her and I'm fairly certain that he will feel more remorse for the rest of his life for his lack of involvement and responsibility than any one of the rest of them. Again JMO. Each of them share to some degree in the tragedy.

mizjay ... I don't get it.

When my youngest son was five years old ... hubby and I left him with paternal grandparents for five days while we attended a funeral back east.  NOTHING could keep me from calling him each day.  I had no concern regarding his well being.  I knew that he was in good hands and was in his glory being spoiled rotten by his loving Grandma and Grandpa.  After excitedly sharing his day's activities ... it was him who would bring the contact to an end with "Moooom ... I gotta go".  I did not mind.  I was assured that all was right with his world.

Something encompassing the family dynamic in the Shanyia case gives me a hinky feeling.

Janet

Janet ~   I don't get it either, in the sense of why wasn't there more vigilence, more calls etc.  No disagreement there. I do think that this family's lifestyle was slightly different from the "norm".  The way you or I might maintain everyday contact with our kids when we are apart probably would be very different from his. Sounds like thru years of extended absences due to work, he became comfortable with relinquishing parental control. He felt ok with leaving them, right or wrong, I don't know. I couldn't have done it but I know a lot of fathers that are apart from their kids who rarely check in unless it's to pick them up for a weekend visit.
I hope there's nothing awful going to come out about his side of the family, it's horrendous enough as it is.   
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »

The point is, who in the world leaves the child they've been raising, supporting and loving for the last five years with a person they don't even freaking know?!?  No one.  No one who loves their child would drop that child off at a person's house (even if it is the egg donor) they don't even know!  And certainly no one who loves his child would drop said child off and walk away and never call, never drop in, never make sure she was going to school, etc.

If a mother had done this, folks would be crucifying her.  This person doesn't get a pass because he's a man.  My husband would NEVER do such a thing with our daughter.  Never.

And the family/friends coming out talking now are angry!  As they should be!  Isn't anger an appropriate response to what has happened to this child?  Especially anger from people who TRULY loved and cared for her?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2009, 12:42:31 PM »

The BOLO stated that LE was looking for a man "about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota". 

Of the three McNeill men that have recently been arrested on various charges, one owns a blue Toyota. 

Although I don't think the McNeill who owns the blue Toyota is near that age, the one who *could have been* driving it is. 

IMO, the man is in custody, and that *could be* why there has been no further mention from LE of the BOLO, the man, or the Toyota.   

Just my opinion tho.  Guess we'll see soon enough. 

Date Arrested             Name

November 17, 2009    Mcneill, Samuel
November 13, 2009    Mcneill, Dustrus Willis
November 13, 2009    Mcneill, Mario Andrette

Just go to this link and type in the last name McNeill :

http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

Hi Wykes..

I found a Willis McNeill who owns a 2006 toyota...

http://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/tax_payments/LR_Vehicle_Bill.aspx
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »

So this is why McNeil admitted to kidnapping Shaniya. He admits guilt to the lesser crime and then only serves part of the sentence that he actually should be serving, just like he is used to doing. If they can't prove that he actually killed the girl, then they will just convict him on kidnapping.
Hi Rach, I have said several times that I don't think there was a hand off, the one in jail is the one. He admitted to the kidnapping to try to dodge the rape murder of a child. The latter charge results in certain death, by the state or fellow inmates, one way or another, he will die for it, the kidnapping is a lesser charge and I think he was going to blame the mother fully.. a "no, she gave me the kid to take to so and so, said they was gonna watch her" something like that. that explains the smirk on his nasty face. it was his thoughts of  "I am smarter then you, you can't prove anything more then I carried her in and out of there, but I know what I did" . He only admitted to that to get the results I have been seeing, "he wouldn't have admitted to kidnapping if he killed her". Yes he would, it is a lesser charge and one that any good defense attorney could get him out of.

Hi sis! Maybe his DNA on the wrong place on her body might take the smirk right off his face.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »

Janet - You're welcome! 

It *could be* that MMs family is involved, LE hasn't said.  And the other two McNeill's that have recently been arrested, I don't know yet if they are related to MM or not. 

I find it interesting tho that one McNeill (age 56) was arrested the same day as MM (on the 13th), with no mention about him in this case.  (petty violation charges, no bond). 

Then MM, altho being "extremely uncooperative" with LE, admitted to the kidnapping and "gave some info" to LE. 

Three days later after MMs arrest, (on the 16th), the BOLO was put out to the public, with barely enough info for the public to know what they were looking for.  ("a man about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota".)

Then the next day (on the 17th) the other McNeill was arrested, (age 51), with no mention about him in this case.  (petty violation charges, no bond). 

After that, not another word mentioned by LE or media about the BOLO, the man or the car. 

And then Shaniya's body was found. 

All interesting timing re the three McNeill's.  Are they all involved with this case?  Dunno yet.  Wouldn't be at all surprised tho.

IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »

The BOLO stated that LE was looking for a man "about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota". 

Of the three McNeill men that have recently been arrested on various charges, one owns a blue Toyota. 

Although I don't think the McNeill who owns the blue Toyota is near that age, the one who *could have been* driving it is. 

IMO, the man is in custody, and that *could be* why there has been no further mention from LE of the BOLO, the man, or the Toyota.   

Just my opinion tho.  Guess we'll see soon enough. 

Date Arrested             Name

November 17, 2009    Mcneill, Samuel
November 13, 2009    Mcneill, Dustrus Willis
November 13, 2009    Mcneill, Mario Andrette

Just go to this link and type in the last name McNeill :

http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

Hi Wykes..

I found a Willis McNeill who owns a 2006 toyota...

http://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/tax_payments/LR_Vehicle_Bill.aspx

Yep, that's the one.  Willis is the middle name of Dustrus, the one who was arrested on the 13th, same as MM. 

I think Samuel was driving it before he was arrested.  JMO. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »

Janet - You're welcome! 

It *could be* that MMs family is involved, LE hasn't said.  And the other two McNeill's that have recently been arrested, I don't know yet if they are related to MM or not. 

I find it interesting tho that one McNeill (age 56) was arrested the same day as MM (on the 13th), with no mention about him in this case.  (petty violation charges, no bond). 

Then MM, altho being "extremely uncooperative" with LE, admitted to the kidnapping and "gave some info" to LE. 

Three days later after MMs arrest, (on the 16th), the BOLO was put out to the public, with barely enough info for the public to know what they were looking for.  ("a man about 60 years old and driving a blue Toyota".)

Then the next day (on the 17th) the other McNeill was arrested, (age 51), with no mention about him in this case.  (petty violation charges, no bond). 

After that, not another word mentioned by LE or media about the BOLO, the man or the car. 

And then Shaniya's body was found. 

All interesting timing re the three McNeill's.  Are they all involved with this case?  Dunno yet.  Wouldn't be at all surprised tho.

IMO. 

Just a guess, but Mario may have had help disposing of the body. Like, maybe where a good place might be. He doesn't exactly look like a deer hunter to me, so maybe he didn't know about the place she was left. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

The point is, who in the world leaves the child they've been raising, supporting and loving for the last five years with a person they don't even freaking know?!?  No one.  No one who loves their child would drop that child off at a person's house (even if it is the egg donor) they don't even know!  And certainly no one who loves his child would drop said child off and walk away and never call, never drop in, never make sure she was going to school, etc.

If a mother had done this, folks would be crucifying her.  This person doesn't get a pass because he's a man.  My husband would NEVER do such a thing with our daughter.  Never.

And the family/friends coming out talking now are angry!  As they should be!  Isn't anger an appropriate response to what has happened to this child?  Especially anger from people who TRULY loved and cared for her?

agreed.. on all that you just said.......that has been my point on all of this...WHY????
and you are right, if we were talking about a mother doing this, the view would be totally different towards her jmo....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »

MM sure did have a smirk on his face when he was brought before the judge..I wanted to smack him right in the chops...grrrrrr

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

I agree 100% with your post.  Shaniya is the focus.

Adults were entrusted with the care and protection of this precious child and ... choices made by those adults on her behalf failed her.  If ANY of these adults are given a pass and ... not held personally responsible for his/her part in the tragic outcome .. lessons are not learned ... the cycle is deemed to be repeated ... placing another child at risk.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

I totally agree.....

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »

In the interview with his son, the dad mentions Shaniya running into his BMW with her bike. 

Pic below is of interview in front of the dad's home. 

Nice home, nice car. 

Memorial fund for Shaniya set up.  Has it been mentioned by any of them yet to what charity (if any) those funds will be going? 

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

MM sure did have a smirk on his face when he was brought before the judge..I wanted to smack him right in the chops...grrrrrr

Well he never had to serve a full sentence for any of the crimes he committed so far, I'm sure he feels he is gonna get a free pass on this too. Maybe he wanted his 15 minutes of shame too, who knows, I know he will have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life though..in prison he has a price on his head thats for sure. They will slap that silly grin right off his face really fast.

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2009, 01:32:05 PM »

In the interview with his son, the dad mentions Shaniya running into his BMW with her bike. 

Pic below is of interview in front of the dad's home. 

Nice home, nice car. 

Memorial fund for Shaniya set up.  Has it been mentioned by any of them yet to what charity (if any) those funds will be going? 

Um....why has a memorial fund been set up for Shaniya? Daddy is not poor, or is the fund to help others.? I too would like to know where the funds are going. Maybe it's set up to help Texas Equisearch or something good like that.?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »

Has there been any word on cause of death? I'm bracing for that and the autopsy report.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.