March 28, 2024, 07:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 712908 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1200 on: November 21, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

Maybe "Great Aunt Caroline Davis" is really Aunt Carey Lockhart-Davis?  Anyone that can check that out for us.  I don't think she would be a great aunt either would she?  I can't fathom their leaving her off the obit. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1201 on: November 21, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »

I am a little troubled by the families posting of  their own personal pictures on her Legacy website with the funeral notice.  The pictures should just be of Shaniya, and they have posted all the relatives pictures.  I have never seen that done.  Very few pictures of Shaniya, and they must have more than that of her.

I agree. It should be about this beautiful child who was murdered, not her family. I'm as disgusted by the family of Shaniya, as I was by the behavior of Caylee's family.

I'm also troubled by this.....

Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304.

Why is there a trust fund? No money is needed to fund a search, and the perps are in jail. The father is not destitute. He is well able to pay for a funeral, if that's the intent, and Shaniya has other family who maybe could contribute something. Why are they collecting money?
I hope someone outside the family is responsible for the accounting and distribution of funds. I just don't get the need for a trust fund in this case. It's too late to help Shaniya now.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1202 on: November 21, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »

I am a little troubled by the families posting of  their own personal pictures on her Legacy website with the funeral notice.  The pictures should just be of Shaniya, and they have posted all the relatives pictures.  I have never seen that done.  Very few pictures of Shaniya, and they must have more than that of her.

AZ,

Who on the earth would post smiley photos of theirselves at a time like this?  The Angel photo's are just lovely.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1203 on: November 21, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »

I agree. It should be about this beautiful child who was murdered, not her family. I'm as disgusted by the family of Shaniya, as I was by the behavior of Caylee's family.

Memorial donations may be made to The Shaniya Davis Trust Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, 4200 Morganton Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304.

Why is there a trust fund? No money is needed to fund a search, and the perps are in jail. The father is not destitute. He is well able to pay for a funeral, if that's the intent, and Shaniya has other family who maybe could contribute something. Why are they collecting money?
I hope someone outside the family is responsible for the accounting and distribution of funds. I just don't get the need for a trust fund in this case. It's too late to help Shaniya now.

I questioned the memorial donations yesterday, people are too timid to ask, not us.  If the money is going to help prevent child
trafficing that would be a blessing.  I guess they didn't have any insurance on Shaniya? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1204 on: November 21, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

Maybe "Great Aunt Caroline Davis" is really Aunt Carey Lockhart-Davis?  Anyone that can check that out for us.  I don't think she would be a great aunt either would she?  I can't fathom their leaving her off the obit. 

Melisb,

Could it be that Carey requested not to be in the Obit?  Privacy? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1205 on: November 21, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »

not sure if this is the case but a lot of times when regular people die the family takes donations instead of flowers then gives the money to a charity or sets up a scholarship. my family did this when my grandfather died and we were not trying to collect money. we and especially him would have hated to see all the money spent on people sending flowers that would die also... it is just a waste... think about it all those endless stuffed animals at the caylee memorials... cute but they usually just get thrown out or donated so whats the point get the money and do something useful.... we spent the money on a plaque with his name at the church he went to... it makes sense i don't think the dad is after money he seems to have enough
seeing as how shaniya has touche dso many hearts people will want to send gifts... gifts are a waste send the money instead and hope he does something good with it in shaniya's name
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1206 on: November 21, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to
the family as soon as you hear of the death.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1207 on: November 21, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »

Banana pudding and Fried Chicken what a beautiful gift.  The griefing could eat the pudding for breakfast or dessert.
People around here send Bagel platters with cream cheese, I'm sure it depends on the person who brings sends what.
A neighbor once sent a Tuna Casserole and I thought that was great.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: November 21, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

I can appreciate that Carey Lockhart-Davis had only so much control in regards to the informal custody arrangement between Shaniya's father and mother but ... considering her genuine apprehension regarding AD's history ...love for her niece should have dictated periodic check-up visits regarding Shaniya's well being in that almost five week separation.  While her brother was out-of-town ... as an advocate for her niece ... maybe Carey would have learned that Shaniya was not enrolled in kindergarten.  As an advocate for her niece ... maybe Carey would have observed the squalored conditions that her niece was living in.  As an advocate for Shaniya ... maybe this aunt could have contacted CPS.

Then there is Brad Lockhart.  He also failed his daughter miserably.  If Carey had apprehension in regards to placing Shaniya in her mother's care ... there is no way that her brother was not aware of these concerns.   However ... this father felt that the mother of his precious child should be given a chance to prove herself worthy.  Brad gambled ... took a chance ... with his little girl at stake and ... lost big time.

What was Shaniya Davis subjected to in that almost five week period?

It should not have happened.  It could have been prevented.  The red flags were there.  I am so angry!!

Janet

++++++

Slain N.C. girl’s aunt says mom was neglectful 
Vigils held after body of missing 5-year-old is found, mother charged

updated 6:37 p.m. PT, Tues., Nov . 17, 2009
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - The aunt of a 5-year-old girl whose body was found off a rural North Carolina road said Tuesday that she had a hard time letting the girl live temporarily at her mother's house because she believed the woman neglected her children.

Shaniya Davis had gone last month to stay for a while with her mother, 25-year-old Antoinette Davis, as part of an informal agreement with the father, Bradley Lockhart. Lockhart's sister said she helped raise the girl and was concerned about her moving in with her mother.

"Antoinette and I never really got along because of the way that she neglected her children," Carey Lockhart-Davis said. "I feel robbed. I feel that Shaniya was robbed."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33989586/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1209 on: November 21, 2009, 07:26:20 PM »

Banana pudding and Fried Chicken what a beautiful gift.  The griefing could eat the pudding for breakfast or dessert.
People around here send Bagel platters with cream cheese, I'm sure it depends on the person who brings sends what.

We don't much know from Bagels in the South. We do biscuits.  But the church ladies all get together and prepare the
food for the family gathering after the funeral.  I love tuna casserole.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1210 on: November 21, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to

Would that be a banana pudding made with vanilla wafers?  My Dad made that every time we visited. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1211 on: November 21, 2009, 07:46:21 PM »

When my husband died, one of my neighbors brought over a beautiful brown sugar crusted to ham that was pre sliced.  Perfect for 6 kids and their familys to nibble on when they were hungry.  It saved a lot of cooking. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1212 on: November 21, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

Funeral Etiquette

Would that be a banana pudding made with vanilla wafers?  My Dad made that every time we visited. 

Yes, it would, and with meringue on the top.  If the family is Episcopalian, we can take a bottle of wine.
But never take wine to the Baptist or the Methodist.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: November 21, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

I am not trying to be disrespectful to Shaniya.

I am so sad about this child's death and I feel that so many let her down.
I think maybe this is the saddest of all the missing child stories that I have heard.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1214 on: November 21, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »

Boy.. Does this picture look like there is alot of tension...JMO

Thank You Carey- Davis Lockhart for taking the time, care, and the love you gave Shanyia..

Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1215 on: November 21, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

In the article in the paper it said that Brad Lockhart was the brother of Carey Lockhart-
Davis. Also Brad was not registered as Shaniya's father, he said thats why he couldn't
take her legally. If any money is sent in, won't that go to the mother, or the grandmother of Shaniya? I have never before in my life seen an article on how to
behave at a funeral. There are a lot of mad people down there, I would guess there will
be a police presence there.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1216 on: November 21, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »

They have gone Facebook, Myspace crazy. No respect what so ever. They don't even know the meaning of the word respect.

Heart
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1217 on: November 21, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »

Funeral Etiquette

Yes, it would, and with meringue on the top.  If the family is Episcopalian, we can take a bottle of wine.
But never take wine to the Baptist or the Methodist.

Magnolia,

I love wine, excellent idea, everyone needs a little pick me up.
I love Tuna Casserole too, it is underated with a nice bread crumbs on top is excellent.

AZ...The baked Ham what a nice gesture, you must have been an excellent neighbor and had such a wonderful husband to have
a neighbor to bake a ham for you and your family.  I gave a (cheesy) Cranberry Bunt cake,once, made with whole cranberry sauce, delicious.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1218 on: November 21, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »

Boy.. Does this picture look like there is alot of tension...JMO

Thank You Carey- Davis Lockhart for taking the time, care, and the love you gave Shanyia..

JG, I have thought the same thing since I first saw the two together on an interview.

Heart
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1219 on: November 21, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »

They have gone Facebook, Myspace crazy. No respect what so ever. They don't even know the meaning of the word respect.

Heart,

It is just as well that Shaniya's photos are not on the sites, the web-sites would may eventually sell the photos, we give up all rights when we posts photo's, it is a business, my opinion. I love the angels on Legacy, soothing.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.