April 16, 2024, 05:34:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 714753 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1280 on: November 22, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

JG - thank you SO much for reposting those reports, that's part of what I was looking for in my notes! 

The other part am looking for is where the E-machine was taken from their house.  Not on the report, or am I blind as well as tired?  lol 

Am looking in notes also to see where that was discussed.  Thought in here, but if not, then over at WS.  An interesting discussion.  Yet now, if a rumor not fact. 

Somebody take my keyboard, am typing with my eyes closed cuz I'm so tired.  Good thing I can type even in the dark.  But am not so sure am making any sense. 

See ya's all laterzzzz.. Nite!

This may sound dumb but what is an e-machine?

I don't have a clue, and I have never heard that term before.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1281 on: November 22, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »

JG - thank you SO much for reposting those reports, that's part of what I was looking for in my notes! 

The other part am looking for is where the E-machine was taken from their house.  Not on the report, or am I blind as well as tired?  lol 

Am looking in notes also to see where that was discussed.  Thought in here, but if not, then over at WS.  An interesting discussion.  Yet now, if a rumor not fact. 

Somebody take my keyboard, am typing with my eyes closed cuz I'm so tired.  Good thing I can type even in the dark.  But am not so sure am making any sense. 

OK,  they are a brand of low cost PC's (thank you google)

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1282 on: November 22, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »

OK,  they are a brand of low cost PC's (thank you google)

Oh Thank You AZSunny.. I was baffled..
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »

My DIL asked me a question tonight and I didn't know the answer....so HELP

AD was charge with selling Shaniya for sex...trafficking even before Shaniya was found.....how did the LE know what had happened?  I missed a lot of the earlier posts so.... What in the heck am I missing?

At the time Antoinette was arrested, McNeil was already in jail.  The police were questioning
Antionette off and on...as they put it, she was in and out of police headquarters.
I have wondered if McNeil talked or if Antoinette confessed to selling Shaniya.
I don't think we know yet.

thanks Magnolia...I thought it was Coe that was in jail....and McNeil turned himself in...oh well...see I told you I was confused!!  Thanks!!

I think...but I dont want to spead no myths...that Coe has been released by the time Antoinette was
arrested.  If I remember, it was Saturday night that they arrested Antoinette.

They were also questioning Brenda Davis during that time, so Breand may have told all.  IDK

Good Morning Monks....Magnolia thanks....I sure would love to know who told what!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: November 22, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

Trust fund at bank
A memorial trust fund has been set up at Wachovia bank in memory of Shaniya. It was done by family friend Vaughn Eason.

Eason said the family of Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, had no insurance for the girl and any money raised would help cover the cost of her funeral and burial services.

"Any money left over after that will go to local and national charities for neglected children," Eason said.

Magnolia, thanks. I was wonder what the monies were to be used for. I think I am getting a jaded view of memorial funds after seeing the Anthony's and their greed.!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1285 on: November 22, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »

Shaniya should have a small and beautiful funeral not this public show.

I agree with you.  This will be a spectacle I am afraid.

Here is a sad comparision from Shaniya's first day of school to the day in the hotel.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/?action=view&current=SHANIYAsent.jpg

Mercy....that smacks you right in the face....she should never have been in that place....

Rest in Peace Caylee

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1286 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »

Here is a sad comparision from Shaniya's first day of school to the day in the hotel.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/?action=view&current=SHANIYAsent.jpg

The comparison is absolutely heartbreaking
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1287 on: November 22, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »

'Morning, Monkeys.  I wonder if George and Cindy Anthony will make their way up to the funeral today.  After all, they have a lot in common with the Davises.  Shaniya's mother was instrumental in Shaniya's death.  Caylee's mother killed her. They should feel right at home with them.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1288 on: November 22, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »

Hello Monkeys and Guests,

I wasn't aware of Funeral Etiquette:(

Shaniya Davis' funeral scheduled for Sunday

http://www.examiner.com/x-29636-Surry-County-CPS-Examiner~y2009m11d21-Shaniya-Davis-funeral-scheduled-for-Sunday

Funeral Etiquette

http://www.mountcastle.net/funeral.htm

In the South, the etiquette is to take fried chicken and potato salad and a banana pudding to
the family as soon as you hear of the death.

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I have never taken those food items anywhere. Please don't generalize, or spread myths. Southerners take all kinds of food  on all kinds of occasions. I have been to funerals where the deceased person's family had a caterer take care of the food.

I apologize PDH3.  I did not mean to spread myths. 

This is OT  but...PDH3...not sure what pushed your button, but no one was intentionally trying to do that.    I am also remembering my daughter about 10 years ago having moved from very urban Seattle, where spa cusine and upscale dining was the norm for everything, to marrying and moving to Indiana.  She said Mom, if I go to one more wedding where they serve chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for a wedding dinner, I am moving back to the normal world. She didn't move back, and seems to have adjusted very well.

I grew up in Birmingham and I have eaten at Brody's in Mountain Brook many times.  I have also eaten
lasagna and salad.   I live in the country now and the food I mentioned is the norm around here.  The
people are loving and caring and want to help in any way they can when there is a tragedy.  It is just
a matter of doing whatever you can to comfort a grieving family.  I meant no harm.

OT again but AZ you are not spreading 'myths'.  It is an unwritten tradition for us southerners to take any kind of food to the home a greiving family.  I do it anytime someone passes.  I usually prepare a whole meal so at least one night is taken care of and they don't have to cook.  Don't shoot me Mods but gals I have a banana pudding square recipe (has cream cheese in it) that I will post in that section tomorrow.  I gotta run before the Mods come after me.  Just had to speak up for a lovely gesture that all families appreciate at that time.  I too wanna know what the bank fund will go to.  Is there someone appointed to over see that kind of thing or is it just to help the family?  If it was going to AD's family I am sure the bank wouldn't have considered it.  That would be a little bad advert for them I would think.  But I could see a greedy member of AD's fam trying it!

I am a drooling monkey....who has the recipe for banana pudding with Meringe? OK...cream cheese to good. TIA.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1289 on: November 22, 2009, 02:31:06 PM »

N2,

Why didn't he put his name on the birth certificate?  The child was in Limbo, she had two parents and a zillion relatives
and no one knew she was in living in a mess?

Carey didn't have any legal guardianship to remove the child from the circumstances, they didn't have any authority
 because the courts didn't know he was the father?  I still say someone could have been sent over to that Trailer,
to have checked it out, dress someone up like the Cable guy, have him knock, peek around and say sorry wrong address.

I can not believe they stuck her there and did nothin'. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: November 22, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »

This is a link to southern livings banana pudding.  Almost the same as mine, but I make a different vanilla pudding.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=401168

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1291 on: November 22, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6474571/

Watch Shaniya's funeral on WRAL.com LIVE at 3 p.m.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »

N2,

Why didn't he put his name on the birth certificate?  The child was in Limbo, she had two parents and a zillion relatives
and no one knew she was in living in a mess?

Carey didn't have any legal guardianship to remove the child from the circumstances, they didn't have any authority
 because the courts didn't know he was the father?  I still say someone could have been sent over to that Trailer,
to have checked it out, dress someone up like the Cable guy, have him knock, peek around and say sorry wrong address.

I can not believe they stuck her there and did nothin'. 

I can't get over the fact that there was really no one around to protect this baby.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1293 on: November 22, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

Thanks Searching!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1294 on: November 22, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »

God Bless You Shaniya..

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1295 on: November 22, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »

Thanks Searching!   

you are welcome. 

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1296 on: November 22, 2009, 04:24:09 PM »

Two things I want to bring up.  Just because Brad had a nicer home doesn't mean anything.  Of course it was more comfortable and better but that doesn't make a home.  I am a CNA working for home health and I go from home to home and I promise you I have met some of the most down to earth poor people living in worse than that little trailer you see AD living in.  What makes a home is the love and care you give someone.  I still love to go see some of my little old people I've met over the years.  The second thing is about the birth cert..  The lady came around unexpectedly to fill out info for the birth cert. and my husband was at work.  I named him but because he wasn't able to sign for it they couldn't add him so we did all that about 1 yr later when things were a bit better.  My son was so sick to begin with.  But Dad did make it later to the vital stat office to fix.  Brad probably just didn't make it to fill it out and we don't really know when he found out he was a Daddy do we.  He may not have worried about it cause he had her 90% of the time and didn't think it would be an issue.  To some that paper doesn't matter.  To us it did.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1297 on: November 22, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »

God Bless You Shaniya..

Tears rolling...this is so beautiful and so appropriate.  Thank you JG.  This hit home with me!  I don't know these children we keep losing but I feel so much for them.  Thank God they are in Heaven where there is no pain and sorrow.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1298 on: November 22, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »

Thanks Searching.  I watched the whole thing.
I felt sad for Carey.  From what I gathered Carey has three boys and was happy to have a
little girl in her life.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1299 on: November 22, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »

IMO this case is about ethics and values, the trailer didn't matter but the living conditions within the trailer did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.