March 29, 2024, 06:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 713095 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1480 on: November 24, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »

Other than the first year ... why would Brad be paying AD child support.  The way things work today ... the non-custodial parent pays the child support.  Somehow ... I do not think that there was any financial support coming Brad's way from AD.

Janet

+++++

The Oprah Winfrey Show
The Shaniya Davis Tragedy

Bradley says Shaniya was born from a brief relationship with Davis. "Antoinette did care for Shaniya her first year when she was first born. After that, she felt that it was best that Shaniya stayed with me as I was able to provide and give her a better environment," he says. "Any time Antoinette asked to see her, I made arrangements that she was able to spend time with her daughter."

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20091120-tows-shaniya-davis/3

Police: McNeill raped, strangled Shaniya Davis
Saturday, November 21, 2009

Brad Lockhart says he never looked at Antoinette Davis as a bad parent.

"Antoinette never lived in the best neighborhoods and of course there was always that concern," he said. "But I never was concerned about her caring for her as a mother for the weekends she would keep her."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7129274

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1481 on: November 24, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »

I think we have all heard Brad say with his own lips that he wanted to give Antioinette a chance.
"wanted to" being the operative words.

I agree. I also agree we don't know enough about the details to make assumptions either way about certain things.

Do we know he is not on the birth cert forsure?

No, I don't think we do know that.   But, I would bet that if at any time during the last five years,
Brad had offered Antoinette $1,000, she would have signed over full custody to him, without thinking twice about it.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1482 on: November 24, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »

I think we have all heard Brad say with his own lips that he wanted to give Antioinette a chance.
"wanted to" being the operative words.

I agree. I also agree we don't know enough about the details to make assumptions either way about certain things.

Do we know he is not on the birth cert forsure?

No, I don't think we do know that.   But, I would bet that if at any time during the last five years,
Brad had offered Antoinette $1,000, she would have signed over full custody to him, without thinking twice about it.

I agree with that Mags!! she would have taken the money and run! jmo

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1483 on: November 24, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »

AZSunny ... I think that conversation took place when his sister contacted him after AD refused to send Shaniya home after a two day visit  Considering Brad was out of town and determined he could not do much about the situation ... could it be that he thought it best to just let it be until he got home.  In other words ... give AD a chance.  Considering Shaniya was not her child, Carey probably felt she had no choice but to comply.

I would not be so hard on Brad and Carey IF there had been constant contact with Shaniya in that five week period.  If just once Carey had visited her niece ... brought her clothes, possessions and hugs and ... observed for herself the lifestyle and the living conditions.  Carey would have learned that her niece was not in school.  She could have then contacted Brad.  Maybe ... for the sake of Shaniya ... she could have then contacted CPS.

Although I do not believe for a minute that Brad and Carey considered Shaniya would be at risk as far as physical or sexual abused was concerned ... a five week abandonment  ... under ANY circumstances ... is inexcusable.

Janet

+++++++

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Bradley, a contractor, says he last saw Shaniya on October 2, 2009, just before he had to leave for an out-of-town job. "When he's gone, Shaniya's with me. And on October 9, Antoinette had called me and asked me if she could visit with Shaniya," Carey says. "Shaniya loved her mother very much, and she did want to be with her."

As she had many times before, Carey says she dropped Shaniya off at her mother's house. "I gave her a kiss goodbye and I told her to be a good girl for Aunt Carey," she says. "As she ran off to her mom, she turned back and looked at me and said, 'I love you, Aunt Carey, and I'll see you later.' And that was the last time I've seen Shaniya."

what could he have done whether out of state or not... he could have called cops (who don't like to get involved with custody issues even when they are a legit matter they usually defer you to family court) and at best they would have said okay she won't give you back the kid so meet us there with your court doc proving you have custody and we will get her ... brad didn't have that again there was nothing he could have done even if at that point they decided to go for legal custody it would have taken months if not years depending on how much of a fight bio mom put up

Considering Shaniya's living arrangements for the past four years with the mother's consent ... consider the lifestyle of AD and deplorable conditions at her home ... I do not think that Brad ... as the father ... would have had any problems getting legal custody of Shaniya.

Could somebody please bump those images of the inside of the mother's trailer home?

Thank you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1484 on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:55 PM »

snipped from Penny..

Brad could of tried to get in touch with his daughter and if he couldn't he could of called the police for well check... He could of call someone to go physically and check on Shaniya..Then he could of called DSS.. He could of called the school to see if she was attending. IMO there was alot Brad could of done to make sure Shaniya was ok and safe.. Brad knew about the enviroment and was not such a good area.. I know if that was my daughter who I love so much I would of made sure she was safe but then again I would of never gave the POS monster a second chance....
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1485 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »

snipped from Penny..

Brad could of tried to get in touch with his daughter and if he couldn't he could of called the police for well check... He could of call someone to go physically and check on Shaniya..Then he could of called DSS.. He could of called the school to see if she was attending. IMO there was alot Brad could of done to make sure Shaniya was ok and safe.. Brad knew about the enviroment and was not such a good area.. I know if that was my daughter who I love so much I would of made sure she was safe but then again I would of never gave the POS monster a second chance....

OPPPPS sorry Penny forgot your post..

snipped from penny..

what could he have done whether out of state or not... he could have called cops (who don't like to get involved with custody issues even when they are a legit matter they usually defer you to family court) and at best they would have said okay she won't give you back the kid so meet us there with your court doc proving you have custody and we will get her ... brad didn't have that again there was nothing he could have done even if at that point they decided to go for legal custody it would have taken months if not years depending on how much of a fight bio mom put up
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1486 on: November 24, 2009, 07:50:19 PM »

Penny you are making a lot of assumptions, not to be disrespectful to you or anything but you are writing an entire story based on what little we know.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1487 on: November 24, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »

snip from Razzy's post above to avoid stacking posts:

Good Morning! Brad didn't have day to day responsibilities for Shaniya.  I do believe he did want her to have a relationship with her mother, but I don't believe he was sending her there for good or he would have sent her with more of her clothes, and her favorate personal belongings. Since the devileggdonor seems to be a liar, perhaps she told Brad she didn't have a cell phone and used other peoples cell(even I don't have one) to contact him. Aunt Carey may have left messages with devilmoms family members for Shaniya to call ( just speculation ) I believe if Aunt Carey was really concerned something was wrong(not knowing about school, or hearing from Shaniya) she definitley would have called the police in a NY moment.

Jazzy...Brad has said himself that he was letting Shaniya go live with the bio so that she could have a chance to be a mother..and just to add, he had not spoken to Shaniya since he dropped her off at aunt Carries house on October 2nd...7-8 days later, she was sent over to bio's house while Brad was still out of town...Carrie took her...what happened in those 7-8 days for Brad to decide to send her over to bio's mom when she was perfectly fine with Carrie? ...couldn't it have waited till he got back into town? what was the big hurry to get her over to the bio's house?

Carey said he thought it was just for the weekend.  She packed two days worth of clothes for her.  When did the  'having a chance to be a mother" conversation take place?

AZSunny ... I think that conversation took place when his sister contacted him after AD refused to send Shaniya home after a two day visit  Considering Brad was out of town and determined he could not do much about the situation ... could it be that he thought it best to just let it be until he got home.  In other words ... give AD a chance.  Considering Shaniya was not her child, Carey probably felt she had no choice but to comply.

I would not be so hard on Brad and Carey IF there had been constant contact with Shaniya in that five week period.  If just once Carey had visited her niece ... brought her clothes, possessions and hugs and ... observed for herself the lifestyle and the living conditions.  Carey would have learned that her niece was not in school.  She could have then contacted Brad.  Maybe ... for the sake of Shaniya ... she could have then contacted CPS.

Although I do not believe for a minute that Brad and Carey considered Shaniya would be at risk as far as physical or sexual abused was concerned ... a five week abandonment  ... under ANY circumstances ... is inexcusable.

Janet

+++++++

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Bradley, a contractor, says he last saw Shaniya on October 2, 2009, just before he had to leave for an out-of-town job. "When he's gone, Shaniya's with me. And on October 9, Antoinette had called me and asked me if she could visit with Shaniya," Carey says. "Shaniya loved her mother very much, and she did want to be with her."

As she had many times before, Carey says she dropped Shaniya off at her mother's house. "I gave her a kiss goodbye and I told her to be a good girl for Aunt Carey," she says. "As she ran off to her mom, she turned back and looked at me and said, 'I love you, Aunt Carey, and I'll see you later.' And that was the last time I've seen Shaniya."

Well considering the outcome of his doing nothing, the alternative may have turned out diffently. I know for me, I would rather learn that he fought tooth and nail to get his daughter back, he jumped on a plane and flew home at the threat of her not coming back. I would love to learn that he sent the cops over to the house to do a well child check to only run into the brick wall so many of us have. I would love to learn something other then what it appears to be, he handed over this child with no transition plan or any type of due diligence on his part.

So I am sorry if I am not holding him up in high praise simply because he utters the name of God and talks about Gods plan blah, blah, blah because when he took Shaniyal into his home to raise and keep, he became a guardian to her. 
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1488 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

snipped from Penny..

guys i hate that this girl went from riches to raggs so to speak and what the outcome was but
i doubt ad would have let anyone in to check on shaniya she was already at battle with aunt carey so why would she let anyone in to see shaniya... the cops would not have done anything unless they have suspected proof of a crime taking place
dss would have fielded a complaint and investigated (not immediately) but since they cleared her once with the son tey probably would have cleared her again...
and the school would not have released attendance info to anyone other then the bio mom if that was who enrolled her in the new school...
i stick to my guns on this one there was nothing he could have done in regards to getting her out of there
this is a case where you have to read between the lines and when we heard about cig burns what that said is no signs of sex abuse noticed by dad or aunt prior... why would he have assumed sex crimes... no one wants to assume that... and there was no reason to up until now
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1489 on: November 24, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »

snipped from Penny..

guys i hate that this girl went from riches to raggs so to speak and what the outcome was but
i doubt ad would have let anyone in to check on shaniya she was already at battle with aunt carey so why would she let anyone in to see shaniya... the cops would not have done anything unless they have suspected proof of a crime taking place
dss would have fielded a complaint and investigated (not immediately) but since they cleared her once with the son tey probably would have cleared her again...
and the school would not have released attendance info to anyone other then the bio mom if that was who enrolled her in the new school...
i stick to my guns on this one there was nothing he could have done in regards to getting her out of there
this is a case where you have to read between the lines and when we heard about cig burns what that said is no signs of sex abuse noticed by dad or aunt prior... why would he have assumed sex crimes... no one wants to assume that... and there was no reason to up until now

Penny.. I have to disagree.. The Father In law stated if you wanted sex that was the place to go to... DSS was there. Now LE want the records.. Tim Allen was Brad's friend didnt want Shaniya to go there.. Why did everyone know there was an issue but Brad...
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1490 on: November 24, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »

snipped from Penny..

See this is the thing I am trying to say..He didn't do anything. I sure wish Jess would chime in regarding the legal issues of custody in this case because I would like to know if there is an assumed guardianship because Shaniya lived with her father full time. There has to be some kind of protection for the child.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1491 on: November 24, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »

snipped from Penny..

See this is the thing I am trying to say..He didn't do anything. I sure wish Jess would chime in regarding the legal issues of custody in this case because I would like to know if there is an assumed guardianship because Shaniya lived with her father full time. There has to be some kind of protection for the child.

ITA....
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1492 on: November 24, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

snip from Razzy's post above to avoid stacking posts:

Good Morning! Brad didn't have day to day responsibilities for Shaniya.  I do believe he did want her to have a relationship with her mother, but I don't believe he was sending her there for good or he would have sent her with more of her clothes, and her favorate personal belongings. Since the devileggdonor seems to be a liar, perhaps she told Brad she didn't have a cell phone and used other peoples cell(even I don't have one) to contact him. Aunt Carey may have left messages with devilmoms family members for Shaniya to call ( just speculation ) I believe if Aunt Carey was really concerned something was wrong(not knowing about school, or hearing from Shaniya) she definitley would have called the police in a NY moment.

Jazzy...Brad has said himself that he was letting Shaniya go live with the bio so that she could have a chance to be a mother..and just to add, he had not spoken to Shaniya since he dropped her off at aunt Carries house on October 2nd...7-8 days later, she was sent over to bio's house while Brad was still out of town...Carrie took her...what happened in those 7-8 days for Brad to decide to send her over to bio's mom when she was perfectly fine with Carrie? ...couldn't it have waited till he got back into town? what was the big hurry to get her over to the bio's house?

Carey said he thought it was just for the weekend.  She packed two days worth of clothes for her.  When did the  'having a chance to be a mother" conversation take place?

Janet

+++++++

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Well considering the outcome of his doing nothing, the alternative may have turned out diffently. I know for me, I would rather learn that he fought tooth and nail to get his daughter back, he jumped on a plane and flew home at the threat of her not coming back. I would love to learn that he sent the cops over to the house to do a well child check to only run into the brick wall so many of us have. I would love to learn something other then what it appears to be, he handed over this child with no transition plan or any type of due diligence on his part.

So I am sorry if I am not holding him up in high praise simply because he utters the name of God and talks about Gods plan blah, blah, blah because when he took Shaniyal into his home to raise and keep, he became a guardian to her. 
like you said tried things that many of you have and hit a brick wall... maybe this was a case of needing to stay friendly with the bio mom until his ducks were in a row legally maybe she would have gotten sick of shaniya maybe he could have gained legal custody later on maybe he knew that any of the things that you all tried would have been just that a brick wall...
if she was denied to the mother kidnapping charges could have been brought and no one that i know of gets custody of a kid they previously jidnapped
if he had called the police for a well check best scenario a cop that cared would have deemed the house unliveable and she would have been placed with davis' family and davis would still have her...
the school would not have released info to him if it was ad that enrolled her
i feel you guys and like i said we all like to say there was something that could have been done and we would have never handed her over... unfortunately brad really didn't have a choice
and any lawyer would have told him the same...
the only thing that could have been done is an ex parte (emergency) hearing but you would  have to prove serious just cause as to why shaniya should have been immediately removed and prove with dna that he was bio dad even if he was on birth cert the mother could have said well i lied on birth cert and he is not bio that is why any lawyer would not have even done an ex parte unless they had dna proof
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1493 on: November 24, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

snipped from Penny..

Penny.. I have to disagree.. The Father In law stated if you wanted sex that was the place to go to... DSS was there. Now LE want the records.. Tim Allen was Brad's friend didnt want Shaniya to go there.. Why did everyone know there was an issue but Brad...
i am not saying that brad thought everything was fine there i am saying that unless he was on birth cert with valid court docs saying he was legally the dad then there was nothing he could do and my take on the fil statement was hey you knew she was a slut well not all sluts are bad moms and sell their children.. i'm sure that ex fil was not happy with brad in general for other reasons as well... he had custody of his other kids not him and i'm sure there was some sort of pre existing animosity
even te posters here that have had their own problems with ex's whether abuse or actual molestation that in hind sight you may have said it doesn't surprise me tat he molested my kid... would any of you ave assumed tat your kid was being sold by your ex into prostitution?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1494 on: November 24, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »

1. As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

2. Every police call has to be answer..

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1495 on: November 24, 2009, 08:31:29 PM »

snipped from Penny..

i am not jess or a lawyer but i am familiar with how dss and welfare and custody works... it would have definitely helped alot in the custody case if there was one but just because you have had a kid in your posession for x ammount of time does not automatically make you the guardian
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1496 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »

snipped from Penny..

i am not jess or a lawyer but i am familiar with how dss and welfare and custody works... it would have definitely helped alot in the custody case if there was one but just because you have had a kid in your posession for x ammount of time does not automatically make you the guardian
1. As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1497 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:50 PM »

snipped from Penny..

[/color]

nor does being the bio parent automatically make you the one that will get the child if police were called, as you have stated that the bio mom would have gotten custody over the father who had been her guardian for most of her life...jmo...at the very least a welfare check could have been done and if nothing else Shaniya would have possibly ended up in foster care till the mess was straightened out but at least she would be safe now and not in a grave...jmo....

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1498 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:50 PM »

The day Brad agreed to raise this child was the day he took responsibily for her well being and safety. If what you say is true, he thought well if I say something or rock the boat too much AD will keep her forever and that is a bad thing, then why on earth would he roll over so easily when she refused to give her back? Dont' ya think if he was acting nice to keep her he would have then fought to get her back? That is where in my opinion your argument falls apart.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1499 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »

Good Evening Everyone!!
I live in North Carolina and I know a little about how they do things in my county and some surrounding counties.  Social services expects children in a home to each have their own bed for one thing.  A couch doesn't qualify as a bed.  You also cannot put two siblings in the same room together if they are the same sex.  Children are not allowed to sleep in the same bed with a parent.  I think social services could have really thrown the book at AD if they had wanted too.  Also there must be food in the house.  I don't know the size of the mobile home but given what we know of all that were staying there they could not have met those requirements IMO.  I also wonder about AD "allowing" Brad to have Shaniya for so long.  Would that qualify as abandonment.  I don't know because I've heard of cases where someone just dropped their kids off with a friend or even with the grandparents and didn't come back for an extended period of time (don't know how long of a time if years would qualify.  Seems as long as the parent knew the child was taken care of they could go on their merry little way without even so much as a phone call to the child.  The child then becomes the responsibility of the caretaker.  It does seem like Brad could have obtained custody as it doesn't seem like AD was able to provide even the most basic necessities.IMO

This whole mess also gives rise to another legal question I have about this whole thing.  Assuming (keyword here) that Brad was not on the birth certificate then the question was what is the difference between AD letting Shaniya go live with a man for 3 or 4 years or go for a weekend.  See the dilemma here????  WTH is going on in this case??????  IMO how does the law know or make that distinction.  I guess what I'm asking is if Shaniya had not died what was going on.  Her death has she shed a lot of light on some very important issues.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.