March 18, 2024, 07:56:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 711794 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: November 24, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »

Penny...I think that we are all so fed up with parents who take their children's safety for granted...
this case is especially maddening because it could have so easily not happened imo...She had a nice home with a guardian aunt who loved her...there was no reason to give this baby over to the bio without a fight from Dad...that is what is so insanely maddening to me! He was negligent in my eyes...I realize that he is suffering, but it is partly due to his own choices...that he will have to live with...If he would at least own his part in all of this, I might be softer hearted towards him, but to say that he didn't see any red flags, that he didn't know about bio's drug use in the past, the warnings from others not to send Shaniya over to that pit and even downplaying his own sister's concerns for Shaniya's safety is telling me that he was not as deligent in his role as a father as he should have been...jmo.....that is my point in all of this...he is partly to blame for what happened and so far, he hasn't done much to help his public perception from what I have read and seen...
no need to go back to any rafters...this is a discussion that needs to have all different views in my opinion..we don't have to all agree...

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1521 on: November 24, 2009, 10:26:41 PM »

snip from Penny post:

just saying there was nothing brad could  have done that would have happened in time for her to be saved...

all due respect Penny, but he could have tried...
i know what you mean cookie but what i am saying is that some of the things you guys are suggesting would not have worked and would  have actually counted against him in a custody battle later on... maybe he was going the realistic route rather then the emotional route maybe he had his eye on the bigger picture of hopes to gain legal custody of her and hence be able to protect her permanently...  no one would have guessed that this would have been her fate maybe not even the bio mom... and i don't mean she didn't doit i mean we don't know for a fact that ahead of time the plan was to rape once and kill right after... i'm sure when this was concocted her being killed was not part of the original plan

respect to you and your opinion...
I don't think that the plan was for Shaniya to end up dead either.....but she did..God bless her soul...
I still think that Brad was ready to move on with his life without Shaniya..that is why he so easily gave bio this child after so many years...he didn't even check where Shaniya would be living...she must have been so sad and so lonely...jmo...

And SCARED....
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1522 on: November 24, 2009, 10:28:49 PM »

snip from Penny post:

just saying there was nothing brad could  have done that would have happened in time for her to be saved...

i know what you mean cookie but what i am saying is that some of the things you guys are suggesting would not have worked and would  have actually counted against him in a custody battle later on... maybe he was going the realistic route rather then the emotional route maybe he had his eye on the bigger picture of hopes to gain legal custody of her and hence be able to protect her permanently...  no one would have guessed that this would have been her fate maybe not even the bio mom... and i don't mean she didn't doit i mean we don't know for a fact that ahead of time the plan was to rape once and kill right after... i'm sure when this was concocted her being killed was not part of the original plan

I don't think that the plan was for Shaniya to end up dead either.....but she did..God bless her soul...
I still think that Brad was ready to move on with his life without Shaniya..that is why he so easily gave bio this child after so many years...he didn't even check where Shaniya would be living...she must have been so sad and so lonely...jmo...
if that was the case then why didn't he pawn her off on the neighbor or ex fil... now it is snowballing into you think he kind of wanted to get rid of her?
really?
i'm just going to go now

not get rid of her like get rid of her...like in her dying of course not..
but he must have had a reason for all of a sudden wanting her to go live with her bio after all this time..there was no good reason to have her go live with her bio in my opinion...Are you agreeing that his story that he wanted to give bio a chance to be a mother to Shaniya was his chief reason for sending her off to live with someone that he knew was not stable?really? 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

I agree.  I do not think the plan for Shaniya to end up dead.  Think about it.  Nobody knows what Shaniya was subjected to over that five week period ... that five week period than Daddy or Auntie failed to check up on here ... that five week period she did not attend kindergarten.

Janet

++++++

SPECULATIVE CHAIN OF EVENTS:

1.  MM arrived at the hotel with Shaniya at 6:11 AM.  The implication would be that that Shaniya was taken as planned from her Mother's home at 5:30 AM.  The distance of 40 miles between home and the hotel would imply approximately 40 minute drive.

2.  The plan was that MM brings a drugged Shaniya back home by 8:00 AM ... a drugged Shaniya who would have no recollection of the abuse.

2.  The 911 call placed by AD at 7:00 AM was not part of the plan?  The call was placed at the urging of a worried sister who woke up unexpectedly ... a worried sister who did not have a clue what was going on ... a worried sister who was caught on security camera searching outside the trailer home.

3.  AD then calls MM and warns him about the 911 call that she was forced to make.  Spokesperson on press conference stated that cell phone records of calls placed that morning are being investigated.

4.  MM panicks ... damage control is where it is at.  He knows he cannot be caught with the now missing Shaniya.  What is  heto do?

5.  MM leaves the hotel at 7:30 AM and ... a short distance past the hotel a drugged Shaniya is silenced and disposed of like trash?  See map below.

6.  AD implicates Clarence Coe.  Clarence Coe is arrested.

5.  The observant hotel clerk and ... hotel security cameras was not anticipated.  When the video's surfaces MM turns himself in?

6.  AD makes a plea deal with LE and confesses her role and ... is charged.

7.  MM makes a plea deal with LE regarding his participation.  He reveals the area where Shaniya remains can be located?  MM is charged with kidnapping.

8.  Shaniya's remains are found.  MM is charged with rape and murder.

IMO

+++++++

klaasend
Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5 Fayetteville, NC Missing 11/10/09-Ambert Alert Issued
« Reply #1584 on: November 17, 2009, 01:03:20 AM »

Map
:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6471.msg1015157#msg1015157

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »

IMO many people failed Shaniya, especially those closest to her including her father.  I do feel for his loss but he failed her and so did everyone else.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: November 24, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »

IMO many people failed Shaniya, especially those closest to her including her father.  I do feel for his loss but he failed her and so did everyone else.

my feelings too.....

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »

jmo
the only person that could have, prevented this tragedy,was AD by not giving MM the child
 since she didnt, MM would be next, since he didnt, now there is a raped and murdered child
by MM hands, that the mother, could have prevented, from happening,

scenario
dad and mom, have not been to court to get legal custody of child
( and just because one parent has the child, that does not mean legal custody, by most states laws)
so either one could and would have to fight a child custody
battle, if they want to be the legal guardian/custodial parent
and since you brought it before the court, the courts would then be
forced to decide, which parent should have legal custody.

so maybe dad was, trying to show court he never harbored ill feelings
towards the mother, because he let her, have her when she was, ABLE to take
and care for her, so maybe he was using the trade back and forth, and living conditions
as part of his evidence, for his case to gain custody, which is not an easy task for the
fathers in these cases.

i dont think dad will ever say anymore on his decision, for why he let the mother, have her
for that time. i dont think dad or anyone, could have forsaw this tragedy
i know everyone wants to try and figure out how this could have been prevented
the answer is

Antoinette Nicole Davis

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1527 on: November 25, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »

if that was the case then why didn't he pawn her off on the neighbor or ex fil... now it is snowballing into you think he kind of wanted to get rid of her?
really?
i'm just going to go now

Penny..... Cookie isn't the only monkey who feels this way, who have begun to think these things.  I stand with her on this.  My thoughts tonight are with Shaniya and how alone, frightened, and abandoned she very likely felt, in the last weeks/moments of her life.  IMO, Shaniya was let down by many who supposedly loved and cared about her.  That's an injustice, in and of itself.  IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1528 on: November 25, 2009, 12:59:32 AM »

Hi wyks
You got more nanners!!!!
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1529 on: November 25, 2009, 03:47:57 AM »

I was at the grocery store last night and the cashier's were talking about Shaniya's case and how sad it was. I live in Sacramento, Ca so I was surprised, but yes indeed everyone I know is talking about this tragedy too. This little girl's death has touched people all around the country (maybe even the world) profoundly.

I hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1530 on: November 25, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »

Hmmm.. Well my last post is taking the scenic tour.    

Anyway, sorry if this double posts. 

4getUnot - thanks!! 

And who do we thank for these new cuties?  Klaas?  Have you been busy again?  To you, or whomever, thanks!  Love em! 

Tiptoes across sleeping monkeys to my monkey bunkey.. Nite everyone! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:15 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/24/955235
Published: 06:55 AM, Wed Nov 25, 2009
Shaniya investigation continues; Davis moved to Raleigh prison
By Nick Needham
Staff writer
A week after discovering the body of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, police say they are still following multiple leads in the case.

Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said Tuesday that tips continue to come in anonymously to the task force assigned to the case.

"There are a plethora of leads that we're following up on," Bergamine said.

About 20 people are assigned to the task force, Bergamine said. They are working hand and glove with the District Attorney's Office.

When asked if there were any new suspects in the case, Bergamine said several teams continue to work leads every day, and the case is ongoing.

On Tuesday, Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, was transferred to the North Carolina Correctional Center for Women in Raleigh for safekeeping.

Debbie Tanna, a spokeswoman for the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, said Davis was moved to make sure she wasn't harmed by herself or others.

"She is pregnant, so special precautions had to be taken," Tanna said.

Davis is charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution. Her bail was set at $51,000.

Shaniya's body was found Nov. 16 off Walker Road in Sanford. She was reported missing by her mother from their home off Murchison Road on Nov. 10.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29 - an acquaintance of Davis' - is charged with first-degree murder, rape and kidnapping in Shaniya's case.

McNeill was transferred from the Cumberland County Detention Center to a safekeeping unit at Central Prison in Raleigh last week until his court date Dec. 9.
Bergamine said Tuesday it was too early to comment on what role the Department of Social Services had with the Davis family.

A state task force from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services announced this week it will review any involvement the county DSS agency had with Antoinette Davis and her children.
Dad speaks on 'Today'

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, said during an interview on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that he regrets how the decision to let Shaniya stay with her mother turned out, but he thought he was making the right choice at the time.

"We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision," he said. "We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones."

Lockhart said he last saw Shaniya in early October as he left for an out-of-state work assignment. Shaniya moved in with her mother about a week later after initially staying with Lockhart's sister, he said.

Bergamine said it was still unclear to investigators why Shaniya was pulled out of school in October.

Shaniya had been enrolled at Morganton Road Elementary School. Her aunt, Carey Lockhart-Davis, lives in the district.

Bergamine said he wanted the task force to leave no stone unturned.

"It's very important as we prepare the case for the District Attorney's Office that we cover everything that's possible," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Staff writer Nick Needham can be reached at needhamn@fayobserver.com or 486-3572.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1532 on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »

snip from Penny post:

really?
i'm just going to go now

not get rid of her like get rid of her...like in her dying of course not..
but he must have had a reason for all of a sudden wanting her to go live with her bio after all this time..there was no good reason to have her go live with her bio in my opinion...Are you agreeing that his story that he wanted to give bio a chance to be a mother to Shaniya was his chief reason for sending her off to live with someone that he knew was not stable?really? 

This is IMOO - but I wonder if egg donor had something on him - or was threatening him with child support if he did not let her have the baby. I know in Michigan, if you have an order of filliation, the mother can get you for child support back to the birth of the child if the child is under 15. I just can not imagine any other reason to give this baby up.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: November 25, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »

snip from above article:

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, said during an interview on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that he regrets how the decision to let Shaniya stay with her mother turned out, but he thought he was making the right choice at the time.

"We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision," he said. "We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones."

so, if someone decides not to strap their child into her car seat cause they don't  want to take that extra minute it would take to do so cause they are  in a hurry..... they believe in God and hope that their  decision is the correct one, they get into an accident...not their fault, another car ran a red light but God forbid, child does not survive the crash because she was not buckled in her safety seat....since they  believed in God that the not so good of a decision was a correct one, none of it was their fault? oh, ok then....
where does common sense and responsibility kick in here? with the person who didn't strap the kid into the car seat or the person who ran the red light? red light person could say, well, the child would not have died if she had been strapped into her car seat...even if I ran the red light...Red light person is of course more at fault, but ..........
sigh....hope this isn't a bad analogy...trying hard to express my frustration with this dad...wish he would just shut up.....I can't even begin to express my feelings for POS bio and MM!

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1534 on: November 25, 2009, 10:02:56 AM »

I can believe that Aunt Carey's hands were tied in the decision of dropping Shaniya off but I bet you deep down she really blames her brother.  We are all human but I wouldn't make the mistake he did and I would be screaming at him for his role in this.  I know he didn't cause it but he could have put AD off till he got done with his out of town job.  I just know that we will eventually hear Carey turn on him.  I think think I heard a slip up and I'm going back to look at the Today interview.  BRB
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1535 on: November 25, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

I can believe that Aunt Carey's hands were tied in the decision of dropping Shaniya off but I bet you deep down she really blames her brother.  We are all human but I wouldn't make the mistake he did and I would be screaming at him for his role in this.  I know he didn't cause it but he could have put AD off till he got done with his out of town job.  I just know that we will eventually hear Carey turn on him.  I think think I heard a slip up and I'm going back to look at the Today interview.  BRB

Okay, I went back and watched.  Viera asked the atty for Brad if he thinks he had and role in this and atty said that would be up to the prosecutors.  I think Viera was asking what I am thinking that maybe some neglect on his part and I think the atty answered that but at the same time deflected and went to thanking LE and saying Brad would cooperate in any way needed.  Just scratching the surface of that slippery subject  but they have been thinking about it.  Hence the attorney.  As a parent you can't drop the ball at any time.  Look what happened.  Heard on national news some woman left her 1 mo strapped in a car to run into the Post ofc for 5 mins and someone stole the car with child in it.  Her fault?  Damn right!  Never ever, ever leave a child unattended. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1536 on: November 25, 2009, 10:46:09 AM »

snip from Penny post:

All I'm going to add is, Brad is the one that will have to live with his conscience, and I know if I were Brad I would not be able to live with myself. To me this would be a horrible punishment.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1537 on: November 25, 2009, 11:23:30 AM »

I believe that if Brad had called the Fayetteville or Raeford Police Dept after Antionette told Carey that she
would never see Shaniya again, the police would have done something to gurantee the safety of
Shaniya.
Everybody except Brad knew that Antoinette had drug and prostitution issues.
Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten near Carey's home, in Raeford, and no where near Antoinette's home.
That says a lot.
I do not believe that the police would have ignored the warning signs. There were too many of them. JMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: November 25, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

I believe that if Brad had called the Fayetteville or Raeford Police Dept after Antionette told Carey that she
would never see Shaniya again, the police would have done something to gurantee the safety of
Shaniya.
Everybody except Brad knew that Antoinette had drug and prostitution issues.
Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten near Carey's home, in Raeford, and no where near Antoinette's home.
That says a lot.
I do not believe that the police would have ignored the warning signs. There were too many of them. JMO

agreed!

Rosie:  Yes, the punishment for Brad is horrible...and for Carrie and all who loved Shaniya...I couldn't live with myself if I was him either....

Melisb:  agree with you on Carrie...her hands were tied cause Brad had made up his mind/decision..
She will turn on him if she hasn't already...how could she not? she had her reservations about this bio already, and Brad downplayed her feelings...now this....

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: November 25, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »

I was at the grocery store last night and the cashier's were talking about Shaniya's case and how sad it was. I live in Sacramento, Ca so I was surprised, but yes indeed everyone I know is talking about this tragedy too. This little girl's death has touched people all around the country (maybe even the world) profoundly.

I hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving.

The Shaniya's case has touched my heart in a way that no other missing child case.  Something akin to some parents of other missing children ... Brad took "took a chance" with Shaniya's well-being despite the potential risks.  However ... the evil that must lurk inside a mother who would throw their child into the lions' den for her own financial benefit is something I cannot comprehend.  As another poster said and I agree ... "I would take a bullet to protect my child from harm".

Tina ... I hope you and other American Monkeys have a nice Thanksgiving.

This Canadian Monkey and her hubby will be taking the short drive across the line and celebrating the occassion at the home of youngest son's Dutch American inlaws.  I am hoping the border lineups are not too long.  We have been invited to spend the night but ... I like my own bed.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.