March 28, 2024, 12:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 712831 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1640 on: December 04, 2009, 01:13:25 AM »

I am a long time fan of Nancy Grace but I have to say... I have been recording the show then fastforwarding through all the muck like balloon boy and tiger.  Lately, there is very little about the crime victims and missing.... it is frustrating.  It is always about money... what brings in the money... sensationalism.  Bah!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1641 on: December 04, 2009, 04:13:52 AM »

Evil or Very Mad I would assume the state wants these two monsters kept alive so they can be prosecuted, not so much for their safety. I went by the cemetery where Shaniya is buried Thurs. It all just seems so surreal. It  happened so close and its so hard to absorb the reality  of this horror. The iron gates are closed and I don't know if the cemetery can be entered at will. At some point I would like to visit her grave.  Crying or Very sad
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »

snip from Wyks quote:

Am not sure how to put this.  Am thinking that because of what she 'allegedly' has done, Shaniya ended up dead.  Doesn't she then need to share the murder charge along with the accused?  Sigh.  It's a good thing am not on the jury.   Am just so angry and disgusted with what do know about those who were 'supposed to' love and care for Shaniya.   

Wykkers....NG keeps saying, when she talks about it, that a crime that was committed that she was a part of and it turns to death, then she would/could face the same charges as the perp who actually did the crime....<<<not the exact words, but the general idea.....sortof like if a person is part of a robbery and one person ends up shooting a person, both are guilty of murder if the victim dies...that type of thing is how I imagine it would be ....someone else can probably explain it better but that is the gist that I get....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1643 on: December 04, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »

I am a long time fan of Nancy Grace but I have to say... I have been recording the show then fastforwarding through all the muck like balloon boy and tiger.  Lately, there is very little about the crime victims and missing.... it is frustrating.  It is always about money... what brings in the money... sensationalism.  Bah!

I have to agree.....and JVM's show is more like the Skank version of Entertainment Tonight. Pathetic. Who gives a crap about celebrities cheating on their wives    like it's a new concept Rolling Eyes BFD!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1644 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:10 AM »

I think media representative is probably most likely.  To make sure he doesn't say anything that could be misconstrued to the media?  He is not a public speaker and the public will take the least thing said incorrectly and jump all over it!!  Before you know it.... everything is blown out of proportion.

I think he has an attorney to broker the best deals.  I think Brad is out to make a buck anyway he can.
It does seem interesting/vulgar that the latest trend for parents of murdered children is to "join the club nobody wants to sign up for" and then set out on a media blitz. What happened to dignity and healing privately from the most traumatic event possible? It appears all of them strive to be the next John Walsh, not realizing that his respect and fame as a child advocate has come through years of dedication, first to find his son's murderer and then to help others.  The story of Tim Miller is a good example also. Grief and determination set him on a  life course , yes he does have some national recognition but BECAUSE of his tireless, selfless work, not because he goes and blabs it up on every talk shows couch.
As we've seen with the likes of the Anthonys, some see the huge goldmine that is easy to tap into because people are horrified about the mayhem that's going on and generously donate. Other's may rationalize that talking about their tragedy will help prevent another, but in this particular case, the prevention was as clear as day and solely on Lockhart's shoulders.   As always JMO.   

I understand what you're saying (I totally agree in some instances: the Anothonys etc.) But I think it's wonderful that these parents are using the media as outlets for child advocacy. God knows this world needs all the John Walsh's/Marc Klaas's we can get. I can not relate to the pain of losing a child, and hopefully never will, so I can only imagine what they must be going through. Nothing they will ever do, no amount of tears/guilt will ever bring their babies back. But by fighting for a cause, in a sense, they are keeping them alive. I know I could not- would not ever want to let go, and I would try to reach out to as many people as possible.

Justagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1645 on: December 04, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

You know it didn't dawn on me till the other day that when Brad's daughter (she's the one I remember first being interviewed on the Today Show) was speaking that everything she said was a dig to Brad!!  Wasn't it stated somewhere that Brad's best friend took her in because she or they didn't think he was raising her right?  Even she knew that egg donor did drugs.  Apparently they all knew but the poor Aunt's hands were tied due to lack of custodial agreement.  I feel so bad for her and what deep down anger she must feel towards her brother.  I was hoping that the atty was to defend Brad against some neglect charges but cough, cough, let me clear my throat appearantly it's for media brokering!  I really wish he would prove us wrong and do good things with the money collected on behalf of Shaniya.  God rest her soul.

I find it very telling that Carey and I have 2 'common friends' on Facebook: Brad & Byron. Not Cheyenne. ?
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1646 on: December 04, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »

Antoinette Davis Dec. 3, 2009 Update: Davis returns to court, motion requested
December 4, 9:46 AM

Dec. 3, 2009 - Antoinette Nicole Davis returned to District 12 Cumberland County Courthouse yesterday with a motion to continue.  Motion has been entered.  However, anyone requesting a motion to continue who is facing a felony must go through a panel process before another court date is released according to the Cumberland County District Attorney's office.  Antoinette Davis is facing two felonies and two misdemeanors.  No trial date has been set at this time.

When speaking to the District Attorney's office, they assured that when a date is set the information will be released.  This process is not active in lower offenses.  However, this is a high-profile double felony case and could take days or weeks to reach a trial date.

Antoinette Davis' motion to continue was expected on Dec. 3.

Antoinette Davis remains in Raleigh's Correctional Institution for Women.  For more on that story visit Antoinette Davis Moved to the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women.

Antoinette Davis has been charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report, and interfering with an investigation surrounding the death of Shaniya Davis.

Mario McNeill has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape, and first-degree murder in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Mario McNeill is to return from Raleigh's Central Prison to the Cumberland County Courthouse on December 9, 2009.  Mario McNeill's motion to continue remains to be seen.

Shaniya Davis was found on November 16, 2009 next to Walker Road hidden in the woods of Lee County, North Carolina.  Approximately 250 people, including local authorities, searched for the little girl ever since Antoinette Davis reported her missing a week earlier.

The case against Antoinette Davis is strong.  Allegedly, Antoinette Davis allowed Mario McNeill to take Shaniya Davis, her biological daughter, in exchange for money due and sexual transfer.  Shaniya Davis' autopsy proved that 5-year-old Shaniya Davis had been raped and murdered on the day she was reported missing.

With the help of a GPS, a Sanford video camera and other substantial leads, Fayetteville police arrested Mario McNeill with Shaniya Davis' murder.

Mario McNeill was already being held in Cumberland County when the murder charges surfaced.  Mario McNeill was transfered after appearing in court to Raleigh's Central Prison and placed on suicide watch.  For more on that story visit Mario McNeill Enters Raleigh's Central Prison.

Antoinette Davis was also been placed in a safekeeping cell and away from other inmates upon entry into North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women.

There have been no new charges filed against Antoinette Davis, as of yet.  The media did not release much information surrounding Davis' Dec 3 court appearance due to the motion to continue.

http://www.examiner.com/x-17800-Raleigh-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d4-Anointette-Davis-Dec-3-2009-Update--Davis-returned-to-court-no-trial-date-set-at-this-time

SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1647 on: December 04, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »

Published: 07:31 AM, Wed Dec 02, 2009
Child's death leaves questions unansweredBill Kirby

The dots don't all connect.

Not for me.

Not for many of us who have followed the horrific death of Shaniya Davis, the 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was found dead Nov. 16 in a wooded area off N.C. 87 near Sanford.

"I'm still filtering through it," Bradley Lockhart, 39, told Nancy Grace on Monday night as he appeared in person on CNN's HLN network telecast from Atlanta.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, is charged by city police with kidnapping, raping and killing the child.

Antoinette Davis, 25, the little girl's mother, is charged with felony child abuse and human trafficking, i.e., selling her daughter for prostitution.

Lockhart told Grace that he has his moments of emotion in trying to understand why this tragedy happened.

"I think about her all the time," he said, recalling how the energetic child liked to climb onto his lap as he sat in his recliner, color, play with dolls, play dress-up and learn to ride her scooter.

This is an egregious crime.

It has affected those from the mobile home park where this child was allegedly abducted to as far away as the woman who called me from Japan, saying these acts of inhumanity and injustice must cease.

It tugs at your heart.

It gnaws at your gut.

It interrupts your sleep.

It weighs on your mind.

It eats you up, because this crime should not have happened.

"Children need a voice," Lockhart told Nancy Grace, explaining his involvement in Stop Child Trafficking Now, an organization focused on targeting child predators for sexual abuse. "I'm trying to be that voice."

But where was his voice of reason - or better said, his voice of responsibility - when Bradley Lockhart said yes to allowing this child to live with this mother who previously had been investigated by Cumberland County Social Services?

He, by his account, wanted to give Antoinette Davis a chance to share in parenting their child.

She was gainfully employed. She was, by his account, demonstrating stability.

But being cared for by an aunt in a well-regarded neighborhood or a father living in a $248,000 home is not the same as living in a 12-by-40 trailer with dirty dishes and unkempt bedrooms.

"A pigsty," says Barbara Davenport, manager of the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park, where Antoinette Davis' sister lived and where Shaniya's mother said she discovered her child missing near dawn on Nov. 10.

Lockhart now questions his judgment and, in part, blames himself in this child's tragedy.

He points a finger at Cumberland County Social Services, wishing the agency had informed him about its previous probe into the mother's home life. And, if true, well he should.

"It seems so unreal," the father, accompanied by Michael Freed, a Florida lawyer, told Nancy Grace.

For now, everybody is lawyered up as criminal and social welfare investigators, along with those of us watching from afar, try to connect the dots in the name of an innocent little girl who could not fend for herself and whose tomorrows are no more.

Bill Kirby can be reached at kirbyb@fayobserver.com

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/12/02/956907
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1648 on: December 04, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »

I dont know how to upload documents and such...in case we dont have them here is the link to arrest warrants.

Arrest warrant McNeill
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/20/6465298/mcneillwarrants.pdf

Arrest warrant for Kidnapping McNeill:
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/17/6440061/mcneill.pdf

Search warrant for his car:
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/20/6464128/mcneillsearchwarrant.swf

Arrest warrant for Davis:
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/17/6440077/davis.pdf

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/6459827/
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1649 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »

For all of us that watch Nancy Grace and have complaints....check this artical out.  This has to do with Shaniya and the workings of NG.  Rather lengthy...I think worth the read.

If mods think it all should be posted that is great!!!

http://www.sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-LIGGETT-+My+15+seconds+of+fame%20&id=4673371-LIGGETT-+My+15+seconds+of+fame
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1650 on: December 04, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »

snip from Wyks quote:

Am not sure how to put this.  Am thinking that because of what she 'allegedly' has done, Shaniya ended up dead.  Doesn't she then need to share the murder charge along with the accused?  Sigh.  It's a good thing am not on the jury.   Am just so angry and disgusted with what do know about those who were 'supposed to' love and care for Shaniya.   

Wykkers....NG keeps saying, when she talks about it, that a crime that was committed that she was a part of and it turns to death, then she would/could face the same charges as the perp who actually did the crime....<<<not the exact words, but the general idea.....sortof like if a person is part of a robbery and one person ends up shooting a person, both are guilty of murder if the victim dies...that type of thing is how I imagine it would be ....someone else can probably explain it better but that is the gist that I get....

The last I have heard is the police are still investigating numerous tips and they are keeping additional charges close to the vest.

IMO: I have a feeling deals are going to be made, in which the egg donor will be testifing against McNeill.....BUT I sure hope the heck not.  She should be charged with murder, she sent her child to be raped and was murder...She should have the exact same charges of Murder.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1651 on: December 04, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

For all of us that watch Nancy Grace and have complaints....check this artical out.  This has to do with Shaniya and the workings of NG.  Rather lengthy...I think worth the read.

If mods think it all should be posted that is great!!!

http://www.sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-LIGGETT-+My+15+seconds+of+fame%20&id=4673371-LIGGETT-+My+15+seconds+of+fame

This exactly how I'd pictured it would be.  I'd be quaking in my boots waiting on my turn with NG!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1652 on: December 04, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

I think media representative is probably most likely.  To make sure he doesn't say anything that could be misconstrued to the media?  He is not a public speaker and the public will take the least thing said incorrectly and jump all over it!!  Before you know it.... everything is blown out of proportion.

I think he has an attorney to broker the best deals.  I think Brad is out to make a buck anyway he can.
It does seem interesting/vulgar that the latest trend for parents of murdered children is to "join the club nobody wants to sign up for" and then set out on a media blitz. What happened to dignity and healing privately from the most traumatic event possible? It appears all of them strive to be the next John Walsh, not realizing that his respect and fame as a child advocate has come through years of dedication, first to find his son's murderer and then to help others.  The story of Tim Miller is a good example also. Grief and determination set him on a  life course , yes he does have some national recognition but BECAUSE of his tireless, selfless work, not because he goes and blabs it up on every talk shows couch.
As we've seen with the likes of the Anthonys, some see the huge goldmine that is easy to tap into because people are horrified about the mayhem that's going on and generously donate. Other's may rationalize that talking about their tragedy will help prevent another, but in this particular case, the prevention was as clear as day and solely on Lockhart's shoulders.   As always JMO.   

I understand what you're saying (I totally agree in some instances: the Anothonys etc.) But I think it's wonderful that these parents are using the media as outlets for child advocacy. God knows this world needs all the John Walsh's/Marc Klaas's we can get. I can not relate to the pain of losing a child, and hopefully never will, so I can only imagine what they must be going through. Nothing they will ever do, no amount of tears/guilt will ever bring their babies back. But by fighting for a cause, in a sense, they are keeping them alive. I know I could not- would not ever want to let go, and I would try to reach out to as many people as possible.

JUSTAGIRl   you and I are on the same page about wanting the faces of innocence never to be forgotten and hopefully interest and money to fight and prevent these crimes.
 an angelic monkey

It's my own bias I think to be too judgemental about some of ones who anoint themselves as spokesmen for whichever group. When a person does almost everything right as a parent and the unthinkable happens, the spokesperson hat seems to fit easily but hypothetically if a parent regularly left the kids alone or regularly had skeezy men folk (or woman folk) over or sent an 8 yr. old to the store at 10 at night  etc,etc when something horrible happens it's almost not shocking. When kids are routinely put in harms way by parents, the pervert or killer is to blame but that victim would never had been in their clutches if not for the neglect or lack of concern from home. My long drawn out point is, somehow I don't want to hear from a parent that I don't respect, I don't want to hear the "protect our babies" message from parents who didn't even try.
This isn't directed at Lockhart necessarily but I admit there is a smidge of it in my heart.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1653 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

me too Mizjay! me too!^^^^^^

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1654 on: December 05, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »

Mizjay, so well said and I could not agree with you more. I resent anyone who tells others what to do when they themselves have ignored the voice of reason. The time for Mr. Lockhart to be a voice for children at risk has passed. He was not the protector that his own daughter deserved. It is a little late to be concerned when your child has suffered the ultimate torture that a little girl can experience at the hand of the one you willingly handed her over to. Shaniya needed her dad's voice to say "no, you may be the mom, but you cannot have her." At least not until she was proven to be an appropriate and safe caregiver. JMO

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: December 05, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/12/05/957902
Published: 05:49 AM, Sat Dec 05, 2009
Many share blame in failing Shaniya
By Bill Kirby
Connie Biddle of Little Rock, Ark., says many are part and parcel to blame in the abduction, rape and death of a 5-year-old Fayetteville child.

You'll find more comments on my blog, The Gospel Truth, I Think, at www.fayobserver.com.

Keep your phone calls and e-mails coming.

I'm listening.

Your turn: "It has broken my heart, and I cry every day for this poor child," Biddle writes about Shaniya Davis. "I think that everyone failed her. Her father and mother first. The social services office and social worker, the kindergarten that should have been looking for her and most of all the criminal justice system that let someone like Mario McNeill out of jail, even though he had run down a cop and attempted to kill someone. God Bless Shaniya Davis. Her life was way too short, but her story has touched our hearts and we will remember her forever."

My turn: We don't know all of the facts, Ms. Biddle, but on the surface it appears that many share blame in failing this child who was taken from her mother's home on Nov. 10 and found six days later raped and dead in Lee County. You don't have to be Dick Tracy to reach that conclusion. As for Mario McNeill, 29, who is charged with the kidnapping, rape and murder, you are right about his criminal background. It is another reason I'll keep harping on the need for more police officers and more jail space in this community.

Your turn: "You're back!" Pam Wrench of Stedman writes. "I love the satire columns (Nov. 25) you do on city and county officials. If the last election provided the material, then bring on the next election. Thanks for all the good laughs, and I'm eagerly waiting for the next one."

My turn: I get a kick out of 'em, too, Ms. Wrench. But it is easier to lampoon a public official than to be one.
Your turn: "I am writing to ask if anyone knows why the City of Fayetteville is cutting the mounted patrol from service by the end of the year?" Sharon A. Osborne writes. "I recently took my grandsons to the mounted patrol barn for an informative tour and learned that the city is cutting the mounted patrol by the end of the year. What a sad loss for the City of Fayetteville ... . The funds that run the barn and all expenses come from confiscated drug money and no taxpayer dollars. Where is the confiscated drug money being diverted to that will better serve the people of Fayetteville? The mounted patrol performs a valuable service and the horses have a calming effect on everyone. If the City of Fayetteville cuts the mounted patrol now, they will never bring them back and that is a very sad day."

My turn: I like the mounted patrol, too, Mrs. Osborne. But the cost of maintaining the horses, the officers who ride them, the stable attendant and the stable cost the city almost $390,000 last fiscal year, according to the Police Department. A consulting firm has recommended abolishment of the mounted patrol to save money - money that can be better used to hire additional police officers in the wake of growing crime. City Council will address the issue in January or February, according to City Manager Dale Iman.
Bill Kirby can be reached at kirbyb@fayobserver.com or 323-4848, ext. 486.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1656 on: December 05, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »

Am I reading this right?  Antoinette has been rescheduled til FEB 18th??   

And if so..... wth??  That's over 2 months away!!  Why such a long time?  Here I was expecting new charges for her anyday now.  Geeeeez. 

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=2502009065835&court=CR&defendant=DAVIS,ANTONIETTE&courtDate=02/18/2010&county=CUMBERLAND&session=AM&courtRoom=002B

It looks like Mario will be in court on Dec 9th for the rape/murder charges.  Then on Jan 10th for the kidnapping charge. 

Weird!  Seems the kidnapping charge ought to go first, but whatever....  Wanna bet his Dec 9th appearance gets rescheduled til after the Jan 10th one? 

Let's just play the delay game.  Is that what they are doing? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1657 on: December 05, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »

snip from Wyks quote:

The last I have heard is the police are still investigating numerous tips and they are keeping additional charges close to the vest.

IMO: I have a feeling deals are going to be made, in which the egg donor will be testifing against McNeill.....BUT I sure hope the heck not.  She should be charged with murder, she sent her child to be raped and was murder...She should have the exact same charges of Murder.

What you are thinking of is felony murder.  What that means is that a murder committed during the commission of a felony constitutes murder in the first degree as a matter of law for all those who participated in the commission of the felony, whether or not the crime of murder was intended or not.  Here, a strong legal argument can be made that AD is guilty of felony murder as her daughter was murdered during the commission of a felony--child trafficking and prostitution.

Someone asked why McNeill's arraignment on the kidnapping charge has been "delayed" beyond his other charges.  The reason, I suppose, is that it will be the most difficult to prove.  Why?  Because he allegedly had the mother's consent to take Shaniya.  So query whether a kidnapping occurred at all.  And to be honest with you, it's a throw-away charge.  They don't need it.  They have him for murder and rape of a child.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1658 on: December 05, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »

snip from Wyks quote:

What you are thinking of is felony murder.  What that means is that a murder committed during the commission of a felony constitutes murder in the first degree as a matter of law for all those who participated in the commission of the felony, whether or not the crime of murder was intended or not.  Here, a strong legal argument can be made that AD is guilty of felony murder as her daughter was murdered during the commission of a felony--child trafficking and prostitution.

Someone asked why McNeill's arraignment on the kidnapping charge has been "delayed" beyond his other charges.  The reason, I suppose, is that it will be the most difficult to prove.  Why?  Because he allegedly had the mother's consent to take Shaniya.  So query whether a kidnapping occurred at all.  And to be honest with you, it's a throw-away charge.  They don't need it.  They have him for murder and rape of a child.

Jess...I was hoping that you would come along explain this to us! thanks a bunch....

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1659 on: December 05, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »

Mizjay, so well said and I could not agree with you more. I resent anyone who tells others what to do when they themselves have ignored the voice of reason. The time for Mr. Lockhart to be a voice for children at risk has passed. He was not the protector that his own daughter deserved. It is a little late to be concerned when your child has suffered the ultimate torture that a little girl can experience at the hand of the one you willingly handed her over to. Shaniya needed her dad's voice to say "no, you may be the mom, but you cannot have her." At least not until she was proven to be an appropriate and safe caregiver. JMO

BLUMONKEY    Thanks, and the last line of your post is the whole point. Exactly. Even if the "new" home wasn't in a rough neighborhood, even if the place didn't look like a sty, even if there wasn't a crowd of people living there,  didn't she deserve to be able to transition into the radically different environment?  If it was fact that she was only sent with clothes for a couple of days and  if the mother said she wasn't gonna let her go home, that wouldn't be worth the flight home? Red flags were everywhere. Maybe women/mothers are naturally more protective than men?  Anyway, you're right, the voice of reason was ignored.

COOKIE      glad we're of same mind (was worried it sounded too harsh) 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.