March 28, 2024, 10:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #2 11/17/09 -  (Read 712806 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1860 on: March 27, 2010, 09:45:17 AM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/03/24/985500
Published: 06:54 AM, Wed Mar 24, 2010
Impromptu shrine to Shaniya Davis grows at site body found
By Nancy McCleary
Staff writer
SANFORD -- Less than a half-mile off busy N.C. 87 on Walker Road is a memorial to a little girl whose brutal death sent shock waves through the Cape Fear region and beyond.

Stuffed animals, cards, candles and messages of love have been piled into two makeshift shrines for Shaniya Davis.

This is where the body of the 5-year-old girl was found six days after her mother reported her missing from her home in Fayetteville.

An autopsy report revealed that Shaniya had been raped and strangled.

Her mother, Antoinette Davis, has been charged with prostituting her daughter.

Mario Andrette McNeil, also of Fayetteville, is charged with killing and raping Shaniya.

Most of the people who have paid homage to Shaniya never knew her.

But they have been touched by the tragedy that made national headlines.
Memorials
The two makeshift shrines have been set up on the winding, rural road just south of Carolina Trace.

Stuffed animals, at least 100 total, are piled on the ground around wooden pallets converted into rustic altars.

Heavy plastic covers most of them.

It looks more like a yard sale than a memorial.

Until you look more closely and see pictures of Shaniya and the cards and letters with her name on them.

A smiling ceramic snowman stands atop the roadside pallet. "Merry Christmas, From: Olivia Gang" is written across his belly.

A weather-beaten copy of "The Night Before Christmas" and a stuffed Grinch have been placed on the ground.

There's a picture of three little girls, each with her hands clasped in prayer and wearing angel wings.

Beneath it are the words of Matthew 18:20: "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

To the right of that is a white metal cross with a pink heart in its center and Shaniya's picture at the top. On the back it reads: "Sanford Muffler, Fabricated and painted by Erik Donithan and Jordan Coggins."

Some dolls have been stuffed between the boards of a pallet atop a set of table legs. A message is written across the boards: "No mosters (sic) now. Your in a safer place. You will never get hurt again. R.I.P. Shaniya. We Love You!"

It's signed "Kayla, Danielle, Kelly and Quay'Veon."
It's still hard for some of the people living nearby to see the reminders, said one woman, who did not want to be identified.

A lot of the residents took part in the two-day search for Shaniya along Walker Road.

"It still breaks your heart," the woman said. "I admire the people who put them up, and it's touched a lot of people."

But maybe it's time to take them down, she said.

"Every time I go by there, I can't help but visualize her face."
Staff writer Nancy McCleary can be reached at mcclearyn@fayobserver.com or 486-3568.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1861 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »

A NATION wide petition asking for a ONE STRIKE LAW for child sex offenders! As parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, we need to take a minute and sign our names!! How can anyone disagree??

Put in your zip code at the beginning & it will pull up your representatives & emails are sent to them on your behalf!!

http://www.rallycongress.com/one-strike-for-sex-offenders/2961/go/

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1862 on: March 28, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »

done JessStar! thank you for providing the link...I was the 20th person from Illinois to send the email...!  we need more!

jammsnana
Scared Monkey

One Day There WILL be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

« Reply #1863 on: March 28, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »

How very SAD! I ws only the 5th person from NORTH CAROLINA ...the very state Shaniya is from..to send these letters to the Government! Please, Ya'll...do this for Shaniya!!!

"Justice For Caylee will come when the roll is called UP YONDER!!!"
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1864 on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/03/26/986158
Published: 06:45 AM, Fri Mar 26, 2010
Event underscores need to eliminate child abuse
By Gregory Phillips
Staff writer
Howard Loughlin remembers one mother whose words summed up the problem of child abuse better than any he had ever heard.

The woman's baby had been badly shaken and barely survived a stay in pediatric intensive care.

"All of a sudden it dawned on her," Loughlin said, "that her children would never be safe until all children were safe."

Loughlin, a Fayetteville physician who works with severely abused children, spoke Thursday at the 2010 Break the Chain event at the Crown Expo Center. The gathering symbolized the community's commitment to tackle child abuse and neglect and has been taking place annually in Fayetteville for more than 20 years. It heralds Child Abuse Prevention Month in April.

"As a community, we need to do more," said Rosemary Zimmerman, chairman of the Child Advocacy Center.

Students from across Cumberland County and Fort Bragg sang songs and performed a skit for a crowd of about 400 parents, teachers, law enforcement, court personnel, elected leaders and child advocates from across a range of agencies.

Child abuse in Fayetteville became national news last year with the kidnap, rape and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, which prompted an outcry and brought child abuse and the response of social services under the scrutiny of national media and the State Bureau of Investigation.
Despite the best efforts of child advocates, reported instances of child abuse have remained high.

Between July 2009 and February this year, the Cumberland County Department of Social Services investigated 2,513 reports of child abuse or neglect. That's 156 more than the same period a year earlier. Of those, 115 were substantiated as involving severe sexual, physical or emotional abuse. A further 308 were found in need of family assessment services, where social workers work to protect the child while keeping their families intact. Of the rest, some investigations found families didn't need services or only warranted a recommendation for services, according to Heather Skeens, the department's assistant director for children's services.

Additionally, some families where problems were reported couldn't be found, other cases lacked evidence and some involved false allegations, Skeens said.

"Certainly the numbers are high, but we're catching things earlier," said Loughlin, who works at the Southern Regional Area Health Education Center. "I think we're better at recognizing it now and making reports earlier in the course of abuse."

Thursday's ceremony culminated in the breaking of a paper chain representing the chain of abuse. The chain looped all the way around the edges of the cavernous Expo Center, held up by the hundreds of children, parents, teachers and child advocates.

Upon the signal, the chain was ripped, children tearing through the links with particular glee.
Staff writer Gregory Phillips can be reached at phillipsg@fayobserver.com or 486-3596.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1865 on: March 29, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

A NATION wide petition asking for a ONE STRIKE LAW for child sex offenders! As parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, we need to take a minute and sign our names!! How can anyone disagree??

Put in your zip code at the beginning & it will pull up your representatives & emails are sent to them on your behalf!!

Thank you JessStar.     

~ Peter Frampton
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1866 on: April 05, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »

I bet I'm the first from Canada, they have a E-mail addy, so I sent that. I told them
it was far overdue. That far to many of their children were being harmed and killed
everyday and this law should be passed ASAP.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1867 on: April 07, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amber-Alerts-Examiner~y2010m4d6-Amber-Alerts-Shaniya-Davis-mother-to-head-back-to-court-video-photos
Amber Alerts: Shaniya Davis’ mother to head back to court (video, photos)
April 6, 9:55 PMAmber Alerts ExaminerCharisse Van Horn

Shaniya Davis’ mother, Antoinette Davis has been charged with human trafficking, filing a false police report, felony child abuse/prostitution, and obstruction of police. People were shocked, however, that with all of the charges against Antoinette that she was released from the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women on a $51,000 bond. She will appear in court on April 15, 2010.

An Amber Alert had been issued for Shaniya Davis, but it was soon discovered that Shaniya had not been abducted like her mother, Antoinette Davis claimed, but rather Antoinette sold Shaniya to the man now charged with her rape and murder: Mario McNeill.

An autopsy had revealed that little Shaniya, only 5-years-old, had been raped before she was murdered; she died from asphyxiation. The case has drawn light to a horrific crime: child prostitution and sex slavery.

Shaniya Davis’ aunt, Corey Lockhart-Davis was outraged that Antoinette Davis has been released from jail. She spoke out to WRAL. You may see the interview in the video player below.
Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1868 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:44 PM »

Thank you JessStar.     

Im the11th from Maryland.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1869 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »

Thank you JessStar.     

Im the11th from Maryland.

every signature counts!  an angelic monkey

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1870 on: May 07, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »

I serched for shaniya and i found "0" news about her. It is so sad....I still remeber the sad picture of the little angel with her killer Sad
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1871 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

I serched for shaniya and i found "0" news about her. It is so sad....I still remeber the sad picture of the little angel with her killer Sad

me too...that picture of her with that monster will haunt me forever...

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1872 on: May 08, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »

Shaniya’s Mother, Antoinette Davis, to Appear in Court June 3
http://thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/shaniyas-mother-antoinette-davis-to-appear-in-court-june-3/

Heart
AnnetteInMn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1873 on: May 10, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »

Thanks for the information Heart!  It seems like this case fell off the face of the earth and I so badly want justice handed down in a BIG way in this case.  I wonder if the evil mother had the new baby yet.  I sure hope Social Services steps it and strips her of any parental rights to this child!!
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1874 on: May 10, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »

Thanks!  Done!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1875 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »

06/03/2010 06:57 AM
Mother accused of trafficking daughter to appear in court - video

By: News 14 Carolina Staff

FAYETTEVILLE – Antoinette Davis, a Fayetteville mother accused of prostituting her 5-year-old daughter, is scheduled to appear in court Thursday.

Davis is charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse, prostitution and filing a false police report.

In November, Davis reported her daughter, Shaniya Davis, missing. The girl's body was found a few days later in a ditch in Lee County.

Mario Andrette McNeill is charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering Shaniya Davis.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/sandhills/626627/mother-accused-of-trafficking-daughter-to-appear-in-court

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1876 on: June 03, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/triangle/626627/antoinette-davis-court-appearance-continued

Updated 1:50 PM

Antoinette Davis court appearance continued

FAYETTEVILLE -- The scheduled court appearance of a Fayetteville mother accused of prostituting her 5-year old daughter, who ended up dead, has been continued until Aug. 11.

Antoinette Davis is charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse-prostiution and filing a false police report.

Davis reported her daughter, Shaniya, missing in November. The girl's body was found a few days later in a ditch in Lee County.

Mario Andrette McNeill is charged with kidnapping, raping and killing the girl.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1877 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »

damn! what takes so darn long to get these court cases heard???

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1878 on: June 04, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »

Published: 09:00 PM, Mon May 31, 2010
Shaniya's dad to speak at June 12 program

The father of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is expected to return to Cumberland County next week to speak at an awareness program in remembrance of his slain daughter.

Bradley Lockhart and the nonprofit group GOTDAD will serve as hosts of a day of activities and events scheduled for June 12 and aimed at bringing awareness to violence and sexual crimes against children.

The event is being called Shaniya Speaks Day, Keeping the Promise. It will be at the John D. Fuller Sr. Recreational Complex on Old Bunce Road.

Joe McGee is founder of GOTDAD - Giving Opportunities Through Dedication And Devotion - a nonprofit organization that helps busy fathers figure out how to spend more time with their children. He said the day was chosen because Shaniya would have celebrated her sixth birthday on June 14.

"Keeping the promise was the message from Brad at her funeral," McGee said. "We want to keep our pledge and take Shaniya's message to the streets."

Lockhart, 39, who moved to Alabama a couple of months after his daughter's death, is expected to be in town for the events.

Shaniya was reported missing on the morning of Nov. 10 by her mother, Antoinette Davis.

Video surveillance at a Sanford motel recorded 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill getting in an elevator with Shaniya in his arms.

Six days later, her body was found in woods off Walker Road in Lee County.

Davis, 25, is out on bond awaiting trial on charges of human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution after investigators say she sold her child into sex slavery to pay off a debt.

McNeill is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child. He is being held at Central Prison in Raleigh awaiting trial.

McGee said he doesn't want to open old wounds. Instead, he wants to bring the community closer through awareness and empowerment.

The number of child abuse and neglect reports were up 46 percent in Cumberland County for March, according to data from the county Department of Social Services.

"A sad thing is happening in our community," McGee said. "We need to come together to discuss how we can stop this from happening to our children."

The event will include live bands and guest speakers, information booths on health issues, rape prevention, child abuse and home safety.

"We want to show people that they don't have to depend on the system for support," McGee said. "We need to support each other."

The program, where Lockhart will speak, is at 4 p.m. Lockhart's message will be of reinforcement and personal responsibility, McGee said.

Lockhart has established a foundation, Shaniya Speaks.org, with the money raised in the wake of Shaniya's death. It is dedicated to raising awareness about child abuse.

"People are too quick to mind their own business in our society," McGee said. "It's time we started being our brother's keeper again."

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/06/01/1001768?sac=Home

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1879 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »

It sure does take forever to get and keep the ball rolling...indeed. American Injustice ....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.