April 30, 2024, 02:23:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arguement about Marines from LCD thread  (Read 12031 times)
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:45 AM »

Quote from: "darleenofalabama"
Oh, good grief; where is the spirit of the holiday season?  How about seeing the good side of this, and thanking Leslie and KatGram for letting us know what a good job our border patrols are doing to help keep us safe!
And Happy Holidays, Ya'll!

Thank you Darleen and Holiday greetings to you - God bless us every one!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »

Please everyone.....don't fight.  Sad  

Let's just call a ceasefire.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I am done with this forum. Please delete my membership.
For me, to have these wild accusations made up out of whole cloth is just too much.

Oh geese, don't take it personal. Someone else was the one having a bad day, not you.

Been there done that myself, just shake it off and let it go.

Anna, Kat Gram and all our monkeys,

Please do not leave. We need each and everyone of our Monkeys. We are all family whether we want to admit it or not. Like a family we do not always agree 100% with each other. Also like a family we should try to ignore some of the hurtful things that are said. JMHO

Was it Louise who said " United we stand, divided we fall?"

Just a swinging with the tribe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »

Jesus said, “The first commandment is this: Hear, O Israel:
The Lord our God is the only Lord. Love the Lord your
God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your
mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: Love
your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment
greater than these.”   Mark 12:29 31

I Stand With The Girl
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 10:45:35 PM »

Carnut,
You had a thread on not stereotyping but then I guess it all depends on who you want to suck up to at the moment.

We have lost some really good posters in the past over military bashing and I just wish we could refrain from negative descriptions and lumping them all together like this.  One of our posters who left over this had direct FBI connections as well.

The only Marines I saw today were nothing like those described.  In fact, there were three of them collecting toys for Toys for Tots, the nation's largest annual toy drive just as they have done for decades.  Sure hope their tattoos, jackboots, piecing eyes and scary demeanor won't scare all the little kids!   Rolling Eyes Funny how they never have in the past.

And for what it's worth, I have encountered Highway Patrol who would just as likely fit that description as would other members of law enforcement.

Marines can be musicians, photographers, chefs, physicians, lawyers, etc.  They do not all fall into any sort of generalized description any more than anybody else and are entitled to be free from being categorized as scary, rude or having a certain physical appearance.  I tried tact at pointing this out but just got told I don't know how to spot these ex-marines.  Well, I certainly should having been reared in a family with a large number of them and not one has a tattoo, piercing eyes, is scary or any of that.  

And yes, I did find it offensive on a day when three of them died in the service of their country.  Sorry, but that's just the way I am.  We can agree to disagree but I think general stereotyping is not a good thing to do about anybody.  

Obviously, there are plenty of you who think this is a good thing to do but I wonder how you would feel if it were your son or daughter being so described or your uncle, nephew, etc.  How about if that person is in harm's way at the moment?  The Marine presence is huge right now in all combat regions of the world.  I doubt you would like that nearly so much.  But you never know, takes all kinds, doesn't it?

Yes, others are entitled to their opinion but I am also and that's mine.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 01:43:58 AM »

My late Dad was a Marine and risked life and limb in WWII and was proud of his service until the day he died.  Was he big and burly, fitting Kat Gram's description?  No, in fact, at 5'7" he probably would not have been accepted as a Marine had it not been wartime.  Yet I understood Kat Gram's description as simply that - a description - used to paint a vivid picture of her experience and advance her story. It is a common practice of authors and storytellers to provide a physical description to "paint" their story. Kat Gram was obviously successful, as everyone seems to know the kind of guy she was talking about!  She conveyed her experience without a value judgement, and proceded to tell the darned story.  Where is the harm, and where exactly is the bashing?  

Incidentally, my Dad was vehemently opposed to the war in Iraq and it made him ill to hear about casualties.  Just another one of those Democratic America bashers, I guess!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »

I need and want to apologize to Anna and Tylergal for my very extreme and rude and over the top response to their posts. My angry reaction was uncalled for. I am sorry that offense was taken to my original post. It was certainly not meant to offend anyone.
What I would propose is that Klaasend close and expunge the whole topic. It is causing more problems that it warrants. My bad behavior is causing me some anxiety and regrets.
Monkeys are better than this. I sincerely did not mean to be so vexatious.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.