March 19, 2024, 01:53:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Possible?  (Read 18648 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: December 17, 2006, 08:46:32 PM »

Okies~ Our thread for discussing spiritual issues.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:12:58 PM »

Justinsmama started this for Sam and me, so I'll begin, LOL.

The conversation Sam and I were having involved reincarnation. Ever since I was about 15 years old I've loved reading books about all sorts of spiritual topics. Since I'm pretty darned old now, I must have read zillions over the years. One thing that has increasingly made ssense over the years is the idea that we live on earth more than once. If you'd like to read a sort of introduction to this concept, a good book is Mission To Millboro. It recounts the lives of a group of people in modern-day California. There is also some evidence that the group lived together in Civil War-era Virginia as well. The idea is that people live a life on earth, go back to heaven to evaluate what they learned in the most recent life, plan a new life on earth to continue learning, and then reincarnate together as a group. Therefore, the people you love in this life are more than likely the people you loved in the previous life. The roles might change - i.e., your sister in this life might have been your mother in the previous one. The point, however, if that relationships on earth are planned in heaven for the continued learning of all the souls involved.

I Stand With The Girl
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:27:15 PM »

BT~ If there is reincarnation, I truly want this to be my very last trip around! Even if it means not evolving any higher, so be it! My life has not been terrible by any means. Yet, the pain that I see in this world has wearied my soul. A bit of eternal peace and tranquility would be a change for the better.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 09:28:37 PM »

Although there are old flames that I would not mind getting hot with again! Oops! Did I say that?! I did!  Shocked

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 09:40:07 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
BT~ If there is reincarnation, I truly want this to be my very last trip around! Even if it means not evolving any higher, so be it! My life has not been terrible by any means. Yet, the pain that I see in this world has wearied my soul. A bit of eternal peace and tranquility would be a change for the better.

I heard that, Justins!  Laughing

According to all the books, when we learn all the things we're supposed to learn, then we do stop reincarnating. Evidently, heaven is more like a big university than it is a place where we sit on clouds and play harps. Also, apparently we aren't supposed to resist pain, be it mental or physical. Pain is a part of the experience. Interestingly enough, I recently read that new research has shown that people in the hospital who accept their pain actually suffer less and get well more quickly than those who resist their pain.

It helps to see people in pain if you go with the idea that they planned their life and chose one with pain. For instance, if a soul needs to learn to be more patient, that soul might choose a new life where a physical ailment forces the soul to learn that patience. The soul goes into the new life with spiritual eyes wide open, sotaspeak.

I find it comforting in cases of tragic deaths of babies, children, and young adults, that the idea that the soul of the person chose an early death, and that the soul of that person will return and get to experience all the things missed out on in the life that was cut short.

I Stand With The Girl
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 10:31:59 PM »

According to this, I suck!

http://www.astralvoyage.com/spirituality/reincarnation.html

A reader has recently asked me if she and her friend will reincarnate. This is a valid question for many of us who believe in reincarnation. Here is my feedback:

One can look at reincarnation in several ways. First, we never die so "reincarnation" is just electing certain vehicles for the soul to experience itself. So technically, you can "reincarnate" into the physical, astral, or the mental plane, but the soul is not really part of any of these planes. There is no past or future, only now, so reincarnation is a constant flow of Being, but in different forms and planes, which provides us the variety of experience to fully know our self.

You will continue to reincarnate into various vehicles as that is what your higher self desires. Of course you don't consciously wish to reincarnate again in to this plane. Any person with an ounce of sanity would not! Once you see past the illusion of what is presented to us here, it initially seems almost unbearable (this is stage one). But the striking truth is, is that you chose to be here at a level you can't understand right now. You weren't sent here to be punished, but instead, you came here because you knew, at the highest level, that this is where the most rapid remembering happens. So you consciously desiring not to come back here again doesn't mean you won't, for until your higher self chooses not to, you will. Like a skin that doesn't fit you anymore, you will shed it naturally when the time comes. But don't think because you see the illusion around you, that you've risen above it. It goes far beyond that.

When I say "remembering", you have to understand that your "higher self", or "It' or "Universal Mind" or "God" is in a state of perfection. This is already you, but you chose to forget so you can experience yourself through remembering. Reincarnation is what that is about. It's not about learning, it's about remembering. Until you are fully remembered of your true being, you will keep coming to the place that you elect to help you in that process. And that place may or may not be the physical, but this is a very dense vibrational area where accelerated growth (or even sometimes stagnation and reversal) can happen.

It is often said that those wishing to escape the physical plane will always return. Now why is that? It is because this desire shows our lack of understanding for this cycle and of the illusion. As hard as it may be to see, this is a miracle process, and to some beings, a most enviable one. You do have purpose here, but whether you'll see it or not, that depends.

And I must make one more comment about this place. It is hard. The right choices are not easy. But no matter how much we bemoan this place, it is full of opportunity, excitement and potential for we create our reality. If we were in a place, such as the higher astral, where all of our thoughts and desires were instantly manifested (and we were not ready), we would be bored to death, craving the earth cycle once more. I know because I've seen it. You might swear up and down that this does not apply to you, but I've seen a thousand times over where people who exist in comfortable and placid conditions eventually manifest their own conflict to ease their boredom and to accelerate their process.

The person who is ready to ascend, and stop reincarnating into this plane, will do so naturally. They will emanate love and light and their vibrations simply will not resonate with this plane anymore. They are not filled with resentment, desire for escape, or hopelessness. And if they are here to help others remember, they will often take on a habit or disability to lower their vibrations so that they can stay on this plane long enough to help bring awareness to those around them (which is why we should take extra care when dealing with people with physical disabilities, for they may be masters indeed!)

So will you personally be reincarnated back onto this plane? I cannot say for the answer lies in you, not me.

Anne

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 10:49:18 PM »

LOL, Justins. What about that makes you think you suck?

I Stand With The Girl
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 11:13:54 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
LOL, Justins. What about that makes you think you suck?

Because I do not want to return! According to the article, "It is often said that those wishing to escape the physical plane will always return. Now why is that? It is because this desire shows our lack of understanding for this cycle and of the illusion."

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:35:23 AM »

Justins,

Amongst those who are adherents of this kind of thing, there is a saying, "You can never get enough of what you don't want." It all has to do with resistance - "what you resist, persists."

Just have an attitude of acceptance that you're willing to do whatever you need to do. That will bring you closer to being who you need to be. You know, Jesus demonstrated that behavior for us when he, "Thy will be done." Accept it and don't resist it. You'll get where you want to be much more quickly if you do that.

Most of the books I've read have emphasized that we are here to learn to love. The more you are able to love others, the more likely it is that you will get to retire to heaven, sotaspeak. Laughing Jesus talked about that too. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

You know how if you pick a fresh orange and squeeze it, nothing comes out of it but orange juice? Well, when I have learned enough, I'll be like that orange. When life squeezes me, nothing will come out of me but love for others, and then I'll know I don't have any more lessons to learn. That's when I think I will be able to retire to heaven.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »

I know this is going to sound really dumb.

I dream of homes that I know very well. They are homes that I feel in my dreams have been my homes in a possible past life. I know these homes very well. They are not homes I have ever seen or lived in this life.

Some of these homes are quite beautiful. Some quite regular. One was a 2 room , dirt floor house. I know where everything sits but have never seen myself in any of these dreams but know I am there and it is my house.

I did see myself in one. This one was a nightmare. Did not see the inside of the house just me at front door getting some very bad news. I woke up crying. I later saw this house for real from the outside. It was for sale. I did not go look at it.

I fell in love with the Saint Louis, MO. area quite a few years ago. I wanted to move there when my DH retired. We wanted an older home to fix up. I had a few areas of town in mind.

We looked at a few homes shortly before he retired. This home was in the Germantown area. I had already had this nightmare when we saw this house. I had told my DH when I had the nightmare. Never imagined I would see the house. In retrospect maybe I should have went in to see it. But when I told hubby it was the house I had seen in this dream he said No lets not even look at it. So we wound up staying where we were. A small town in Illinois. Not really a bad place to live. We just go to Saint Louis quite often.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 09:33:20 PM »

Oh BT, I wanted to reply to your post about how you and hubby just knew you were for each other.

I met and married my husband in less than 2 months of meeting him. I did not plan on getting married. I was a good time party gal. I did not drink but loved to dance and flirt and just have fun.

When Hubby asked me to marry him a week after we met I said" no, when" When he said as soon as possible. I wound up saying yes. We set a date. As that date drew closer I was getting scared. I asked myself " Can you live the rest of your life with this man?" The answer was " Can you spend the rest of your life without this man?" That was my answer because I knew I did not want to spend the rest of my life without him.
Does that mean it has always been easy? Of course not. But we never quit loving each other.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

Sam,

I have had that same experience of dreaming of the same houses over and over again. It's a little unnerving when it happens, I know.

There are so many strange experiences in my life that I can't explain unless there is reincarnation. When I was a small child I thought I lived in England. I was about 8 when my teacher in school was talking about the US, and I realized I didn't live in England. I was totally heartbroken. For years after that, I felt sooooo homesick. Most of my free time was spent looking at books about England and dreaming of being there. The aching didn't stop until I married Simon and started getting to visit England on a regular basis.

I also used to expect to see the ocean when I was a child. Every time I'd be out driving with my parents, I'd always think that over the next hill I'd finally see the ocean. Of course, there's not much ocean in Tennessee, so I was always disappointed. (And the strange thing is that I never actually saw the ocean until I was about 16.)

There was a tree in my parents back yard when I was child, and for some reason when I would look out the window at it, I would always expect to see three women in long dresses sitting under it. Just like with not seeing the ocean, I was always disappointed when I didn't see the women.

It's like I've spent a lot of this life missing the people and places in a life I've lived before. That's what got me interested in reincarnation to start with.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 09:40:26 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Oh BT, I wanted to reply to your post about how you and hubby just knew you were for each other.

I met and married my husband in less than 2 months of meeting him. I did not plan on getting married. I was a good time party gal. I did not drink but loved to dance and flirt and just have fun.

When Hubby asked me to marry him a week after we met I said" no, when" When he said as soon as possible. I wound up saying yes. We set a date. As that date drew closer I was getting scared. I asked myself " Can you live the rest of your life with this man?" The answer was " Can you spend the rest of your life without this man?" That was my answer because I knew I did not want to spend the rest of my life without him.
Does that mean it has always been easy? Of course not. But we never quit loving each other.

Sam,

I met my hubby when he came to the US on vacation. We hit it off immediately, and I took several days off work to show him around the area. It never occurred to me that we would have a romantic relationship, though, because I was 12 years older than him. We spent most of our waking hours together for several days, but never even smooched. When he went home to England, though, I really, really missed him. He called me when he got back home and I mentioned missing him. He said he wished I'd said something before he left, and that he missed me like crazy too. We arranged for me to go to England to visit him, and on that visit we started planning our wedding, LOL. It took several months for the fiance visa paperwork to go through, so we didn't get married right away, but we certainly hadn't known each other very long before the planning started.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 09:49:04 PM »

Just as an aside, I've sometimes wondered if Elizabeth Barrett Browing believed in reincarnation.

SONNET #43, FROM THE PORTUGUESE
By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints!---I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!---and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

I Stand With The Girl
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

I've had those dreams of old homes, too.

BT~ It is not that I want to leave this world any sooner than whatever is "planned", only that I do not wish to return. At least not without a lengthy vacation between! LOL!

Seriously, my soul truly is weary of seeing the pain of others, especially when it is inflicted by or downright ignored by others. I try to do my part, and think that I likely am doing the best that I can, but it is not enough. If I were callous, it would not impact me as it does. Yet, if I were callous, I would not care sufficiently to take any action.

Justin had a wonderful pediatrician. That doc had warned me several months ahead of time that he planned to retire. The last time that we saw him, I literally begged him to continue his practice. He looked me in the eyes and said that he was tired, and that with me being in the health field, I knew what he meant. I stopped begging, and let the poor man go on without any further grief from me.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »

BT.
 What a nice story of your meeting your DH.

That poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning does make you wonder. I think you may be right.

I think Justinsmama needs to find her soulmate. Lets keep our fingers crossed for her.

We went to a wedding in August. The sister of our dear DIL. Jeanne and Brian have been together for quite a few years. They always seemed like soulmates to me. When Jeanne walked down the aisle the music was "At Last" I love that song.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 10:20:20 PM »

Justins

I understand exactly what you're saying. When you work with people in need, it wears you out quickly. We all act pretty goofy in the office where I work, but I think we do it as a reaction to all the bad stuff we hear. We work with 984 children who live in poverty, and so many of them have such sad stories. It's very draining to deal with.

I wasn't implying earlier that I thought you wanted to leave before your time. I was being a little bit tongue-in-cheek in what I said. The gist of it is that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, and you resist being reincarnated, then the resistance itself is the sign that you aren't ready to stop reincarnating. How confusing is that? LOL

The closer you are to be able to accept whatever happens, the closer you are to being, well, self-actualized for lack of a better term. I know, I know, it makes no sense. It's taken me many years of study to get this confused, I'll have you know.  Laughing

If the stories I've read are to be believed, there is a sort of "vacation" between lives. You go back to heaven, where "judgment" is actually just a review of what you accomplished in your most recent life and what you still need to accomplish. You then get together with your "family" group and plan for the next life together. When the time is right, you all head on back down to earth and try to achieve your goals.

I suppose the only way we'll know what is what is to experience it. And then, if there really is reincarnation, we'll just forget it all again! Who thought up that plan?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:21:24 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
BT.
 What a nice story of your meeting your DH.

That poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning does make you wonder. I think you may be right.

I think Justinsmama needs to find her soulmate. Lets keep our fingers crossed for her.

We went to a wedding in August. The sister of our dear DIL. Jeanne and Brian have been together for quite a few years. They always seemed like soulmates to me. When Jeanne walked down the aisle the music was "At Last" I love that song.

Awww....what a nice wedding story. I love that song too!

I Stand With The Girl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 10:48:27 PM »

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one to have the home dreams.

Now that the three of us have admitted it maybe others will join us and admit it also.

I still think it would be nice for Justinsmama to meet her soulmate in this lifetime. And it is not going to be Deetch or Easy even though they both have alot going for them. JMHO

I also know how hard both of your jobs must be but that is where the soulmate comes in. It makes it so much easier to deal with lifes trials and tribulations.

Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 12:32:22 AM »

Hello there,

I also have the dreams of other homes so much so then right when I awake I go through this process of remembering the homes that I have lived in to realize that not in this lifetime have I lived in that home but I was so comfortable there.  Knew every niche.  

To my friends & family that I have discussed these dreams I have wondered if it meant it was time for a change or my wanting to uproot & look elsewhere.

I believe in reincarnation as well, although have done no studying on the subject.  I have a real attraction to rhinestones & dolling up, comfortable with men as friends to speak very openly & honestly even if I don't know them well, but not with my lover's so for many years I have believed that I was a prostitute or a madam, maybe both, in a previous life experience.

Really in this lifetime I'm a hippy, the rhinestones, etc don't match my lifestyle, but I love them, I collect them.  I find it very entertaining that this stuck with me, guess it's the vanity part & regarding the men part I am fine with men & enjoy them very much as people but I can not expect more than I believe is realistic from them & due to my belief that I can not overexpect without being disappointed have been accused by many as being a man hater, which I am not.  Well, enough of that, know I'll be back many times as still have a long way to go in my search.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for sharing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.