April 23, 2024, 02:02:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Possible?  (Read 20069 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

I really shouldn't be here commenting since I share none of your views.

But I had to comment on the 'dreams of other homes'. I'm pretty sure that those can be explained by the memories a person gathers into their mind from day 1 thru 2 or 3yrs of age before one becomes self aware and understanding of themselves and start to sort out and explain what their memories are.

I really think a lot of those dreams are the mind dredging up stored memories of observations before the mind was able to understand what was being observed and now reviewing those memories.

Ya know we aren't born blind and our senses and memories are functioning all the time so those memories are being made even if, at the time, those observations/memories are not understood.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 11:25:46 AM »

Hi Carnut,

You're allowed to comment here, even if you don't share the same views. Variety is the spice of life, you know.  Very Happy

What you're saying about memories from earlier in life is quite possible - no doubt about that. If you had ever experienced one of those dreams, though, I think you'd agree that they aren't totally explained away by very early memories. One of the ones I've had my whole life involves going into something like a very dark little hovel. I go down some stairs, and there is an old woman sitting in a chair near a fire. I can't think of anywhere that I've ever been that even remotely resembles the place I keep dreaming about.

Lala's and I are planning to have a past-life regression done at some point. I'll let you know if I see you back there anywhere.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »

Quote from: "Altruist"
Hello there,

I also have the dreams of other homes so much so then right when I awake I go through this process of remembering the homes that I have lived in to realize that not in this lifetime have I lived in that home but I was so comfortable there.  Knew every niche.  

To my friends & family that I have discussed these dreams I have wondered if it meant it was time for a change or my wanting to uproot & look elsewhere.

I believe in reincarnation as well, although have done no studying on the subject.  I have a real attraction to rhinestones & dolling up, comfortable with men as friends to speak very openly & honestly even if I don't know them well, but not with my lover's so for many years I have believed that I was a prostitute or a madam, maybe both, in a previous life experience.

Really in this lifetime I'm a hippy, the rhinestones, etc don't match my lifestyle, but I love them, I collect them.  I find it very entertaining that this stuck with me, guess it's the vanity part & regarding the men part I am fine with men & enjoy them very much as people but I can not expect more than I believe is realistic from them & due to my belief that I can not overexpect without being disappointed have been accused by many as being a man hater, which I am not.  Well, enough of that, know I'll be back many times as still have a long way to go in my search.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for sharing.

Altruist - thanks for your post, and welcome to the club, LOL. I find everything you've said to be very interesting. As I just told Carnut, Lala's and I want to have a past-life regression session sometime in the future. Maybe we can get a discount for a group rate?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Hi Carnut,

You're allowed to comment here, even if you don't share the same views. Variety is the spice of life, you know.  Very Happy

What you're saying about memories from earlier in life is quite possible - no doubt about that. If you had ever experienced one of those dreams, though, I think you'd agree that they aren't totally explained away by very early memories. One of the ones I've had my whole life involves going into something like a very dark little hovel. I go down some stairs, and there is an old woman sitting in a chair near a fire. I can't think of anywhere that I've ever been that even remotely resembles the place I keep dreaming about.

Lala's and I are planning to have a past-life regression done at some point. I'll let you know if I see you back there anywhere.  Laughing

Ok, have you ever gone back to your first grade school? Did you notice how everything was smaller? That's because your frame of reference in grade school was from being a little kid.

Now, do you remember your first memory or your first Christmas?

Now do you really think that your memories of your environment began just at that first memory or memory of a first Christmas? Don't you think you celebrated every Christmas since your were  born whether you remember it or not. Those pre remembering memories were stored from a point of view quite different from what you see now, when they come back into your mind. So you are interpreting them as no where you have ever been, but that's because those memories were seen differently then than what you understand now.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Ok, have you ever gone back to your first grade school? Did you notice how everything was smaller? That's because your frame of reference in grade school was from being a little kid.

Now, do you remember your first memory or your first Christmas?

Now do you really think that your memories of your environment began just at that first memory or memory of a first Christmas? Don't you think you celebrated every Christmas since your were  born whether you remember it or not. Those pre remembering memories were stored from a point of view quite different from what you see now, when they come back into your mind. So you are interpreting them as no where you have ever been, but that's because those memories were seen differently then than what you understand now.

No, Carnut, I don't think my memories begin with what I can actually recall, but neither do I think my parents took me into a dark, smoky, underground hovel when I was a baby either.  Laughing

It's really hard to explain all this to you if you've never experienced it yourself. Kind of like trying to explain being in love to someone who never has been, LOL. It's okay if you don't agree with me. I'm not likely to change your mind and you're not likely to change mine. I can still hope you have a Merry Christmas, though, right?  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 03:01:29 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one to have the home dreams.

Now that the three of us have admitted it maybe others will join us and admit it also.

I still think it would be nice for Justinsmama to meet her soulmate in this lifetime. And it is not going to be Deetch or Easy even though they both have alot going for them. JMHO

I also know how hard both of your jobs must be but that is where the soulmate comes in. It makes it so much easier to deal with lifes trials and tribulations.

But what about SB?!  Wink

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 09:59:21 PM »

Quote from: "Altruist"
Hello there,

I also have the dreams of other homes so much so then right when I awake I go through this process of remembering the homes that I have lived in to realize that not in this lifetime have I lived in that home but I was so comfortable there.  Knew every niche.  

To my friends & family that I have discussed these dreams I have wondered if it meant it was time for a change or my wanting to uproot & look elsewhere.

I believe in reincarnation as well, although have done no studying on the subject.  I have a real attraction to rhinestones & dolling up, comfortable with men as friends to speak very openly & honestly even if I don't know them well, but not with my lover's so for many years I have believed that I was a prostitute or a madam, maybe both, in a previous life experience.

Really in this lifetime I'm a hippy, the rhinestones, etc don't match my lifestyle, but I love them, I collect them.  I find it very entertaining that this stuck with me, guess it's the vanity part & regarding the men part I am fine with men & enjoy them very much as people but I can not expect more than I believe is realistic from them & due to my belief that I can not overexpect without being disappointed have been accused by many as being a man hater, which I am not.  Well, enough of that, know I'll be back many times as still have a long way to go in my search.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for sharing.

Altruist - thanks for your post, and welcome to the club, LOL. I find everything you've said to be very interesting. As I just told Carnut, Lala's and I want to have a past-life regression session sometime in the future. Maybe we can get a discount for a group rate?  Laughing

Altruist, I so enjoyed your post.Yes welcome to the club.

I too love rhinestones and diamonds and pearls and OOPS ! fur. Very seldom wear any of those things. But like knowing I have them. Do you suppose maybe I was a madam too.?LOL  Or was that 2 room shack with the dirt floor in one of those past lives such poverty that it made me crave those things later?

Justinsmama I am now paying very careful attention to SB post. Of course one of the things that makes most of the guys on this Natalee forums is because we know they are caring people.

Hey Carnut are you listening? LOL

And Merry Christmas to all.

Just a swinging with the tribe
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 02:31:38 AM »

Ah, well, Sam, the man who is likely my soul mate just married someone else last summer. Very long story.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 07:40:14 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Ah, well, Sam, the man who is likely my soul mate just married someone else last summer. Very long story.

Yeah, the same thing seems to happen to me, wonder why that is.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 07:52:03 AM »

Maybe you ticked them off in a past life and it's karma. Shocked  Shocked

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Laughing

You know I wub you, Carnut. Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »

Maybe you ticked them off in a past life and it's karma. Shocked  Shocked

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Laughing

You know I wub you, Carnut. Wink

Actually now in my retirement, which I never thought I would ever achieve even in my wildest dreams, I feel I have actually achieved ultimate nirvana and complete satisfaction. Not sure I could be any more thankful for my current station in life.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 06:14:01 PM »

I did not bring an excerpt, I told you about this book on the Natalee forum the other night and thought I should mention it in here as well.

Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux involving time travel another one by her that I highly reccomend is Remembrance. Both are light hearted historical romance novels. Read Knight first though. I promise you will enjoy them even if you are not a believer in reincarnation.

Carnut I am glad you are enjoying your retirement. I have read your post so often and did not think you were old enough to retire. JMHO

Justinsmama, I am so praying for your dear Mom. Someday I am hoping you will tell us about your lost soulmate. Did he even have a clue you were interested in him?

Btgal , You know I always enjoy your post.
Altruist I hope you will join us again.

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »

That begs the question...Can you have more than one soul mate in life? I hope so, because I missed my chance too. I'd like to hope someone else is out there.

This thread is so interesting. I'm going to do some research on reincanation now. I have never felt like I was reincarnated, or that I've been here before. Does that mean this is my first trip through life on Earth?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 07:35:58 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"

That begs the question...Can you have more than one soul mate in life? I hope so, because I missed my chance too. I'd like to hope someone else is out there.

This thread is so interesting. I'm going to do some research on reincanation now. I have never felt like I was reincarnated, or that I've been here before. Does that mean this is my first trip through life on Earth?

Well, when you think about the fact that there are more people alive on earth right now, than have ever lived throughout recorded history, I would think some folks might not have been able to get a reincarnation of their very own.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »

Well, when you think about the fact that there are more people alive on earth right now, than have ever lived throughout recorded history, I would think some folks might not have been able to get a reincarnation of their very own.

Carnut! You're getting the hang of this! Very Happy
According to the experts, new souls are being created all the time, so for some people, their current life would be their first time around. Not all souls were created in some ancient past - some were created only today.

Pdh3 - according to those same experts, you plan your life before you come to earth and plan it in order to best learn the lessons you need to learn here. It's possible that you planned this one without necessarily feeling the need for a "soul mate." Conversely, maybe you planned it so that you wouldn't meet your soul mate until much later in life. The key is to relax and enjoy the life you have at the moment and expect your future to be a wonderful one. Expecting good things in life will help good things to happen for you. I'm so glad you've joined us on this thread.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 09:21:18 PM »

Has anyone here heard of Indigo Children? I don't remember everything, but what I do remember about them is that these are children born with " old souls" who are reincarnated to come back to Earth and do great things. Sort of like children with a very grown-up wisdom and purpose in life. My son has a friend whose mother swears he is an Indigo child. That's how I heard about them.

I do feel that I was born with an old soul, and I always knew things that other kids didn't, but I haven't done anything any more exceptional in life than anyone else. Embarassed
I just never felt that I'd been here before. I  felt that I had some kind of sense or perception that my friends didn't have. I was always a leader and the one they came to for advice, even at an early age.

Does any of this make sense? Confused

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:03 PM »

Makes sense to me, pdh3.

As for my soul mate~ No, he never had a clue, at least not until just before this wedding. Great friggin' timing on my part, huh? When I first met him, he had already been with the woman, who was to become his first wife, for about a year and a half. She died 3 years ago. He wore his wedding band for two years after she passed. About six months before he remarried, an old coworker contacted him, as she had lost her husband. They talked on the phone for a few months, and then she asked him out. It went from there. I made the comment that I had never had the opportunity to date him. Long pause... and then he said "But you were still drinking then". True enough, at the time we met (through work), I was on my last two (and worst) years of drinking. But he was also already with his future wife, so my drinking was a moot point. Saw him at a work related event recently, and we spent the whole day together. It was wonderful. I firmly believe that this guy is my soul mate, but the timing thus far has not been workable. It may not ever be in this lifetime. For now, he is with someone with whom he is apparently happy, and all of resources go to raising my son and my career. If he had been available when Justin was an infant or even a toddler, it may have been different. He was not, and at this point in Justin's childhood, I will allow no man that close to me.l

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

justins-

I just wanted to send you a big hug regarding your mom, I so hope all turns out well and I will be praying for you both sweet one.

soulmates are tricky things, I honestly hoped I'd found mine first time around but I was wrong, and he was a liar.

second time I did but justins like you, I questioned my judgment for my son was so young.......but took the leap of faith and now I know my son is a better man as a result of having known him. Our lives were richer, far richer, for having known him.

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »

Has anyone here heard of Indigo Children? I don't remember everything, but what I do remember about them is that these are children born with " old souls" who are reincarnated to come back to Earth and do great things. Sort of like children with a very grown-up wisdom and purpose in life. My son has a friend whose mother swears he is an Indigo child. That's how I heard about them.

I do feel that I was born with an old soul, and I always knew things that other kids didn't, but I haven't done anything any more exceptional in life than anyone else. Embarassed
I just never felt that I'd been here before. I  felt that I had some kind of sense or perception that my friends didn't have. I was always a leader and the one they came to for advice, even at an early age.

Does any of this make sense? Confused

Pdh3 - I've read about Indigo children, but was under the impression that they're supposed to be unusually empathetic - sort of mind readers, in fact. I hadn't read about them being old souls.

It's possible, you know, that you could be an old soul, and have simply done a very good job of forgetting previous incarnations. The majority of people probably do. I don't know why some people seem to hang on to some remnants of memory and others don't. Back when I used to be afraid that reincarnation and Christianity couldn't mix, I used to try to come up with other explanations for the memories, but I never did find one that made any sense. By the way, did you know that early Christians apparently didn't have a problem with reincarnation? It wasn't until about 500 years after Jesus' death that it became an issue.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 10:20:13 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
justins-

I just wanted to send you a big hug regarding your mom, I so hope all turns out well and I will be praying for you both sweet one.

soulmates are tricky things, I honestly hoped I'd found mine first time around but I was wrong, and he was a liar.

second time I did but justins like you, I questioned my judgment for my son was so young.......but took the leap of faith and now I know my son is a better man as a result of having known him. Our lives were richer, far richer, for having known him.

Hugs, None. I'm absolutely sure that Rick is still loving and protecting you and the children. And I'm also sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will see him again.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.