March 18, 2024, 11:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Possible?  (Read 18642 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2006, 12:59:01 AM »

HARNESSING ENERGY

This may sound strange but I have engaged one facet of metaphysics to alleviate pain. I don't have any training, it is all in the power of my mind when it decided to embrace another direction.

I have arthritis/bursitis in my bones. I take meds. When I hit the sack ... no problem, I fall asleep with no pain. I wake up at 3 a.m. with pain in my lower back, hips, shoulders and ribs and I could toss and turn until morning without getting any sleep. So I took an imaginary trip in my mind. Remember Tinkerbell and how she had a wand that sprinkled a stream of little glittery stars? So, in my mind I have collected a huge stash of Tinkerbell's glittery stars which I call "Pixie Dust." This is a very powerful healer. As I lie in bed with aching joints, I imagine pixie dust being sprinkled on my sore joints. Within seconds, the pain fades. When I have a mega painful whatever, I imagine the pixie dust in a liquefied form and have it poured over the pain. Then the pain subsides.

This is but one very small incident. It works for me. I previously had no particular affection for Peter Pan and Tinkerbell so I have no clue where it came from.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2006, 08:06:09 AM »

It's the imagery, Louise! And it works!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »

If anyone is interested in reading about past life regression, Brian Weiss has some good books. Also, I just started reading one called "Reliving Past Lives" by Helen Wambach. I haven't gotten very far into it, but it seems pretty good so far.

I Stand With The Girl
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »

I have questions for those of you who are knowledgable about reincarnation.....How does it fit in with trying to improve our present lives?  Is this life we are experiencing now somewhat predetermined? Are we rewarded or punished for past lives, and the things we did then? I'm a little confused by different philisophies of what's gone on before, and what we can do in life right now.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I have questions for those of you who are knowledgable about reincarnation.....How does it fit in with trying to improve our present lives?  Is this life we are experiencing now somewhat predetermined? Are we rewarded or punished for past lives, and the things we did then? I'm a little confused by different philisophies of what's gone on before, and what we can do in life right now.

pdh3, Even though I believe in reincarnation I do not have the answers you seek.

I do not think our lives are completley predetermined. If that were the case why would anyone want to bother? I do think we can all help our current situations by trying to be the best we can be with what we have to work with.

Another strange thing in thinking about possible past lives. We know that years ago most marriages were arranged marriages. We also know that alot of these marriages became happy and successful marriages. Why is that? Was it because parents tried to pick good spouses for there children?

Louise, I think what you are doing is self hypnosis to relieve your pain.. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2006, 10:32:37 PM »

Another strange thing in thinking about possible past lives. We know that years ago most marriages were arranged marriages. We also know that alot of these marriages became happy and successful marriages. Why is that? Was it because parents tried to pick good spouses for there children?

Most parents want the best for their children, and wanting your child to have a happy, fulfilling life is every parent's wish. We all know that as we age, wisdom comes along with our life experiences. We learn a lot about life and people and what is true and valuable in life. We learn what true character is, and we experience heartbreak along the way.
Having said all that, this is what those earlier parents brought to the table when choosing a spouse for their children. They looked at financial stability, the family of the potential spouse, occupation of the male candidates, health, and general reputation in the community. The young men's families also tried to determine the fertility of the young woman, based on family history, and general health. Families back then had a common goal - pick the best match possible for financial gain and continuance of family bloodlines. This is what meant happiness to them back then - security instead of personal fullfillment.
If you think about it, most of these are factors in a happy marriage. Many marriages today fall apart from financial problems, in-law issues, and different life goals. When we are young, we aren't always the best judge of who is right and good for us in the long run. We have little experience of life's ups and downs. Earlier parents knew this, so it made sense for them to choose, based on what they knew, because there was no divorce. It was a huge decision, and young people were not qualified to make it back then. But sometimes, parents did make selfish choices for themselves, married their children off for their own gain, and their children were miserable.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »

My stepfather was a wonderful man. He never met his own father because he was killed in a mining accident 3 months before Daddy was born. Then his Mother died when he was around 14. He was left his Fathers family bible as well as some other documents.

As a child I studied these documents and the family tree stuff in the Bible. Even though it was not my own biological family. I think that is where my love of geneology began. So discovered Daddy's Grandfather was married 4 times. His first 2 marriages were to twin sisters. Each died in childbirth  a year after marriage and so he married the next. His 3rd marriage was to aonther sister of the first 2. He finally got a winner and she gave him 12 children. Two sets of twins. They were married many years and Martha died and in his old age he married another widow.

What I was getting at was Benjamin was such a good man he was admired enough that his inlaws allowed him to marry 3 of their daughters.
He also loved Martha and she him, I believe. There children were also all good people.JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2006, 01:42:22 PM »

pdh3 - I only know what I've read, but I'll be glad to share that with you.
I've read a zillion books on the subject, and most of them agree on a few concepts.

We plan our next life when we are in heaven. Although we have basic plans, we are not "preordained" to stick to those plans. For instance, if a person's most recent life was violent, that person might come to earth again with a determination to learn to be peaceful. However, once reincarnated, the old tendency toward violence might spring forth again, and so the person leads a life of violence again. According to the books, if the person needs to learn to be less violent, he/she will keep reincarnating into circumstances that will allow the person to learn peacefulness, until that lesson is in fact learned. Once the lesson of peacefulness is learned, then perhaps the person will work on being more generous in the next life. The books say we keep reincarnating until we learn all the lessons our souls need to learn. Once we are as close to perfect as human beings can get, then we can remain in heaven.

I Stand With The Girl
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
pdh3 - I only know what I've read, but I'll be glad to share that with you.
I've read a zillion books on the subject, and most of them agree on a few concepts.

We plan our next life when we are in heaven. Although we have basic plans, we are not "preordained" to stick to those plans. For instance, if a person's most recent life was violent, that person might come to earth again with a determination to learn to be peaceful. However, once reincarnated, the old tendency toward violence might spring forth again, and so the person leads a life of violence again. According to the books, if the person needs to learn to be less violent, he/she will keep reincarnating into circumstances that will allow the person to learn peacefulness, until that lesson is in fact learned. Once the lesson of peacefulness is learned, then perhaps the person will work on being more generous in the next life. The books say we keep reincarnating until we learn all the lessons our souls need to learn. Once we are as close to perfect as human beings can get, then we can remain in heaven.

Thanks!  You gave a very clear and concise explanation. It makes sense to me now. I have a lot to ponder about this subject over the weekend.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2006, 09:01:16 PM »

Hello BT,

I loved your below post. You explain clearly and simply why we reincarnate over and over until we reach something like Nirvana. Really, BT, no one ever explained it that well to me. Thanks so much.  

Hippo Gnu Deer,
Louise

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2006, 09:45:17 PM »

BT is a wonderful communicator. Smile

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »

Awwww....thanks to pdh3 and Louise.

All I'm doing is repeating what I've read. I kind of had to break it all down for myself so that I could understand it, so I'm glad if it's helped you too.

I Stand With The Girl
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »

Dear BT,

I know the exact place you should go to discuss past life regressions, reincarnation and everything related to those metaphysical subjects. Go to this site: http://www.metagifted.org/  

The site owner is Wendy H. Chapman. I have had one reading by her about my chakras (cost about $20) and she was right on. Click on the subjects along the left side of the screen. You can join various groups. Metagifted@yahoogroups.com. Indigo-Adults-moderated@yahoogroups.com, From there you can find Indigo Parents, Indigo Children, etc. You will find this very rewarding.

I always felt there was something extra special about you and I now think you may be an Indigo forerunner (we are early Indigos). Please check it out. Email me if you have any problems. I've belonged to these groups years before Natalee disappeared.

With love,
Louise

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2006, 05:21:15 PM »

Louise....what are chakras? I know so little about this subject.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Dear BT,

I know the exact place you should go to discuss past life regressions, reincarnation and everything related to those metaphysical subjects. Go to this site: http://www.metagifted.org/  

The site owner is Wendy H. Chapman. I have had one reading by her about my chakras (cost about $20) and she was right on. Click on the subjects along the left side of the screen. You can join various groups. Metagifted@yahoogroups.com. Indigo-Adults-moderated@yahoogroups.com, From there you can find Indigo Parents, Indigo Children, etc. You will find this very rewarding.

I always felt there was something extra special about you and I now think you may be an Indigo forerunner (we are early Indigos). Please check it out. Email me if you have any problems. I've belonged to these groups years before Natalee disappeared.

With love,
Louise

Louise,

Thank you so much for the information. I will definitely check it out. And thanks for saying there is something extra special about me.  Very Happy I would love to be an Indigo forerunner.

I Stand With The Girl
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »

Good Evening pdh3,

I believe you are correct that I am doing some sort of self hypnosis regarding using the pixie dust to alleviate pain. I don't know how it works, but it does work.

About chakras, I am not well versed on the subject. I just have a slight understanding. Apparently there are about seven areas of our bodies called chakras which are areas of energy and balance in our lives. I've enclosed three links below.

The first time I heard about chakras was when I was working at Xerox from 1984 to 1994. I went out to lunch with one of my coworkers named Laurie Grapentine and she told me she was a "reader." What she talked about was way over my head. She said she would do a free reading for me in my apartment. I brought her home from work with me (her boyfriend picked her up later), I cooked dinner and then we sat down. She sat on the sofa and had me sit on a dining room chair facing her. She was quiet and thoughtful. She did not go into any crazy or weird state. She was still Laurie and in her Laurie voice told me things. I wrote everything down afterwards but cannot find it now.

She said my crown chakra (top of the head) is completely blown off like a bomb destructed it. She said most people who lose that chakra have cancer. She said events regarding my father destructed that chakra and she was amazed that I'm living without a crown chakra. Next she said that my solar plexus chakra was out of whack and although I gave birth to two children, my baby making chakra had disappeared. She said my heart chakra was extremely damaged. And so on. What she said resonated with me. However, I'm still hesitating about buying what she said. I have no way to know for sure.

Right now I'm worn out. xxxooo

http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

http://www.crystalinks.com/chakras.html

IBE
Monkey Junky

A+
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2007, 12:16:49 AM »

Guess we have to do the testing until we get an A+ with God!

Happy New Year all,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »

Thanks Louise for the links. And you have given us another interesting story! Very Happy

I have so much to study on these subjects. Whether I ultimately believe in them or not, I welcome the opportunity to broaden my horizons and look at life from a different point of view. And who knows? I might welcome a new philosophy in my belief system. I believe God gives us intelligence, and he is pleased when we seek answers.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »

Very interesting stories and a different view to add here.  I am somewhat skeptical of reincarnation, I guess because my faith (independent Baptist) is very against it.  Don't get me wrong, I am not judging here, just offering my own opinion.  I am curious though, because I know most of you believe in God and have very strong faiths,  can somebody point me to the Bible where it speaks of this?

Thank you for the interesting topic.  Wink

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Very interesting stories and a different view to add here.  I am somewhat skeptical of reincarnation, I guess because my faith (independent Baptist) is very against it.  Don't get me wrong, I am not judging here, just offering my own opinion.  I am curious though, because I know most of you believe in God and have very strong faiths,  can somebody point me to the Bible where it speaks of this?

Thank you for the interesting topic.  Wink

Hi Dihannah1,

Interestingly enough, I grew up in a family of Independent Baptists as well, although now I am Episcopalian.

As far as I know, there are no Biblical passages that directly address reincarnation. Some people cite Jesus' comments regarding John the Baptist being Elijah to indicate that he taught reincarnation. However, the passage is ambiguous and can be taken to mean many different things.

I personally don't see a conflict between Christian teachings and the concept of reincarnation. However, I know many people do feel uncomfortable with the idea.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.