April 24, 2024, 01:35:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #3 1/22/12 -  (Read 103570 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »

I think of this beautiful child so often.    an angelic monkey

I so hope that she gets justice. 

an angelic monkey

Me too. 

Me three!
This case haunts me...
Me four . . . the video of him with her in his arms going into the elevator . . .

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »

an angelic monkey

Me too. 

Me three!
This case haunts me...
Me four . . . the video of him with her in his arms going into the elevator . . .

I don't think I will ever be able to get that image out of my head.      And it needs to be shown at the trial.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »

an angelic monkey

Me too. 

Me three!
This case haunts me...

I don't think I will ever be able to get that image out of my head.      And it needs to be shown at the trial.   

It haunts me too, I'll never forget it.   

Justice for Shaniya!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9088021

McNeil doesn't deny taking Shaniya Davis
Thursday, May 02, 2013

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Thursday, the jury deciding Mario McNeill's guilt or innocence watched surveillance video from a hotel where prosecutors say he took 5-year-old Shaniya Davis to rape her before killing her.

McNeil's defense does not dispute that he took the girl to the Comfort Suites hotel in Sanford on the night of November 10, 2009. But, McNeil claims he took her there at the request of family members and doesn't know what happened from there.

On the witness stand Thursday, hotel worker Jacqueline Lee told the jury she checked McNeill in around 6:11 a.m.

She said he told her he was with his daughter and wouldn't be at hotel for long because he was just stopping to rest on their way to Virginia to see the girl's mom. Said she saw the little girl wrapped in a blue blanket via the hotel's surveillance camera system and noticed her "kinky hair."

McNeill came down shortly after check-in to the breakfast bar where Lee said he got a banana, a muffin and some juice.

"He paused and stopped and looked at the [surveillance] cameras," Lee testified.

On cross examination, McNeill's defense asked Lee if she remembered him saying he was there to "meet his people." She said she did not.

Also on the stand Thursday was hotel clerk Regina Bacani who testified when McNeill left the hotel he asked for his $100 security deposit back.

"He told me that he had to hit the road. He has to get is daughter to Virginia to meet the mother," said Bacani.

After he'd left, hotel housekeeping brought Baconi something from McNeill's room.

"It was a small, little clear open packet that had some white residue inside it," she said.

They turned it over to hotel management and it was eventually thrown in the trash, despite Baconi saying she thought it was cocaine.

Seth Chambers told jurors from the witness stand that he was a Comfort Suites guest the evening of November 9.

His room was on the same floor as McNeill. On the morning of the 10th, he woke up between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. and went downstairs for breakfast before returning to his room for checkout paperwork. When he got off the elevator on the 2nd floor, he said he noticed McNeill carrying a child who he thought was a boy at the time as he could only see hair, head, and torso. He said McNeill nodded at him, and the child flipped hand to acknowledge him.

Chambers said the thing that caught his attention was the way McNeill was holding the child, over the shoulder.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/McNeill-Wont-Testify-Defense-Rests-In-Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Case-207758601.html

Posted: Thu 3:38 PM, May 16, 2013A A   
Updated: Thu 7:35 PM, May 16, 2013Back to Home Page

McNeill Won't Testify; Defense Rests In Shaniya Davis Murder Case

Closing arguments will be presented next week in the trial of a Fayetteville man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old girl more than three years ago.

Mario McNeill is charged with rape and murder in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. After prosecutors finished presenting evidence Thursday morning, McNeill said he wouldn't testify.

His attorneys rested without presenting any evidence.

Closing arguments will be held Tuesday morning in a Cumberland County courtroom. The 32-year-old McNeill could face the death penalty if convicted.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:02 PM »

Short video clips from the trial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZeSTj_zGVY&list=UUJsdJjY8VHf9nraq2Ijchgw

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

http://www.wral.com/prosecution-rests-in-fayetteville-death-penalty-trial/12452994/

Posted: 10:23 a.m. today
Updated: 6:50 p.m. today

Accused child killer presents no defense in death penalty trial

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A Fayetteville man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old girl more than three years ago has elected not to present any evidence in his death penalty trial.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 32, is charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis. Her body was found on Nov. 16, 2009, in a kudzu patch off N.C. Highway 87 on the Lee-Harnett county line, six days after her mother reported her missing from their Fayetteville mobile home.

Closing arguments are scheduled for Tuesday morning. If the eight-man, four-woman jury finds him guilty, they would then hear evidence before deciding whether to sentence him to life in prison without parole or death.

Prosecutors called 44 witnesses over the past three weeks before resting their case Thursday morning.

Retired Fayetteville police Sgt. Chris Corcione was the final state witness, summing up the more than five hours of McNeill's videotaped interview with police that jurors watched Wednesday.

McNeill had surrendered to police after they identified him from a security video as having taken Shaniya to a Sanford hotel shortly after she disappeared. They grilled him for nearly six hours as they clung to the hope that she was still alive.

"Early on in the interview, it was clear Mr. McNeill was in denial mode," said Corcione, who led the questioning of McNeill.

"At one point in the interview, I thought it would be a good idea to plant a seed in his mind that someone told him to take the child," Corcione said. "I wanted him to grab onto that story and use that to legitimize the fact that he had the child."

McNeill repeatedly denied even knowing Shaniya for about the first two hours of the interview, but he later told police that the girl's aunt asked him to take her to the Sanford hotel and hand her off to relatives who would ensure that she went to school.

Investigators told McNeill that his story sounded implausible and that a log of text messages to and from his cellphone didn't back him up.

"You killed that baby, didn't you?" Corcione asked during the interview.

"No, no, no," McNeill insisted.

"No reasonable person would take a strange 5-year-old person from the front porch," Corcione said. "You killed that little girl because you had to get rid of her because she's evidence of the crime."

"No, no, no," McNeill said.

A couple of days later, McNeill's attorney provided information that led investigators to Shaniya's body. An autopsy determined that she had been suffocated and had injuries "consistent with a sexual assault."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9101976

Mario McNeill defies lawyers over interrogation tapes
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Tension is mounting inside the Fayetteville courtroom where Mario McNeill is on trial for the murder of five-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Those tensions led to a courtroom exchange between McNeill and a Cumberland County judge regarding police interrogation tapes.

McNeill butted heads Tuesday with his defense team choosing to speak for himself. He told the judge that he wants the jury to see and hear all of a six hour long video tape of McNeill being questioned by detectives.

"You understand there are things on that video tape that you are entitled to have them [the jury] not hear," asked Judge Ammons.

McNeill replied, "Yes."

McNeill is charged with the kidnap, rape and murder of Davis in Nov. 2009. He was interviewed three days after the little girl disappeared. During the interview, McNeill allegedly confesses to kidnapping.

McNeill's lawyers just want the jury to hear selected parts of a transcript of the interview. However, McNeil was adamant. He told the judge he wants the jury to see and hear all of his taped interview with investigators.

"If I allow the statement in, you want the entire statement to be presented to the jury? Is that correct," asked Ammons.

McNeill replied, "The entire transcript, the entire video tape. Yes."

Ammons tried several times to convince McNeill to follow his lawyers' advice.

"You understand that you are represented by two excellent criminal defense attorneys," asked Ammons.

McNeill replied, "Yes."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »

an angelic monkey

Justice for Shaniya!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2013, 06:05:17 AM »

an angelic monkey

Justice for Shaniya!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/McNeill-Wont-Testify-Defense-Rests-In-Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Case-207758601.html
McNeill Won't Testify; Defense Rests In Shaniya Davis Murder Case
May 16, 2013
Closing arguments will be presented next week in the trial of a Fayetteville man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old girl more than three years ago.

Mario McNeill is charged with rape and murder in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. After prosecutors finished presenting evidence Thursday morning, McNeill said he wouldn't testify.

His attorneys rested without presenting any evidence.

Closing arguments will be held Tuesday morning in a Cumberland County courtroom. The 32-year-old McNeill could face the death penalty if convicted.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/285545/57/Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Trial-Winds-Down
Shaniya Davis Murder Trial Winds Down
May 21, 2013

Fayetteville, NC -- Attorneys are expected to summarize for jurors the case of a Fayetteville man on trial in the rape and murder of a 5-year-old girl in 2009.

Closing arguments in the Shaniya Davis murder case are scheduled for Tuesday in a Cumberland County courtroom. Defendant Mario McNeill could face the death penalty if convicted.

The 32-year-old decided not to testify and defense attorneys presented no evidence.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:46 AM »

McNeil's lawyers got it right -- what he did is un-defenseable. (sp)

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/285810/1/Mario-McNeill-Guilty-In-Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Trial

Mario McNeill Guilty In Shaniya Davis Murder Trial

Fayetteville, NC -- A Fayetteville man has been found guilty for kidnapping and murdering 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 33, was found guilty of First Degree Murder, First Degree Kidnapping, Sexual Offense of a Child, Indecent Liberties with a Child and Human Trafficking, according to a report from WRAL. McNeill was acquitted for the charges of rape.

Jurors will now decide if McNeill will receive life in prison without parole or the death penalty.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2013, 07:37:54 PM »

http://www.wral.com/fayetteville-man-guilty-of-kidnapping-killing-shaniya-davis/12478628/
Fayetteville man guilty of killing Shaniya Davis, not of raping her
May 23, 2013

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A jury on Thursday convicted a Fayetteville man of kidnapping and killing a 5-year-old girl more than three years ago, but he was acquitted of raping her.

The eight-man, four-woman jury deliberated for about 7½ hours over two days before finding Mario Andrette McNeill, 33, guilty of first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, sexual offense of a child, indecent liberties with a child, human trafficking and sexual servitude in the death of Shaniya Davis.

McNeill showed no emotion as the verdicts were read in the quiet courtroom.

Jurors will return next Tuesday to hear evidence before deciding whether McNeill should be sentenced to death or life in prison without parole.

Prosecutors presented 12 days of testimony from 44 witnesses, tying McNeill to Shaniya through a security video at a Sanford hotel, hair from a hotel comforter and a blanket found in a trash can outside the girl's home, and soil from the gas pedal of his car, which a geologist said likely came from the site where Shaniya's body was found.

McNeill's original defense attorney also provided Fayetteville police with information that led to the discovery of Shaniya's body.

McNeill presented no evidence in his defense, and his attorneys argued that prosecutors couldn't prove where Shaniya was assaulted or when she died.

His DNA wasn't found on the girl, and he has maintained that he took her to the Sanford hotel at the request of her aunt and later handed her off to someone he thought was related to her.

Investigators say Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, sold her daughter to McNeill to pay off a drug debt. Antoinette Davis is charged with first-degree murder, indecent liberties with a child, felony child abuse, felony sexual servitude, rape of a child, sexual offense of a child by an adult offender, human trafficking and making a false police report.

She will be tried later this year, but prosecutors aren't seeking the death penalty against her.

McNeill has maintained since his arrest that he didn't kill Shaniya. He even rejected a plea deal last month before his trial started that would have kept him off death row. That decision now lies with the jury.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/285810/1/Mario-McNeill-Guilty-In-Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Trial

Mario McNeill Guilty In Shaniya Davis Murder Trial

Fayetteville, NC -- A Fayetteville man has been found guilty for kidnapping and murdering 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 33, was found guilty of First Degree Murder, First Degree Kidnapping, Sexual Offense of a Child, Indecent Liberties with a Child and Human Trafficking, according to a report from WRAL. McNeill was acquitted for the charges of rape.

Jurors will now decide if McNeill will receive life in prison without parole or the death penalty.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2013, 09:56:05 PM »

YES!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »

Why was he not guilty of raping her?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 06:45:36 AM »

I'm not sure cookie -- but he was found guilty of : guilty of first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, sexual offense of a child, indecent liberties with a child, human trafficking and sexual servitude in the death of Shaniya Davis.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »

I'm not sure cookie -- but he was found guilty of : guilty of first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, sexual offense of a child, indecent liberties with a child, human trafficking and sexual servitude in the death of Shaniya Davis.

Good! He is despicable!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.