March 28, 2024, 10:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #3 1/22/12 -  (Read 102833 times)
crazybabyborg
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:11:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:20:11 PM »

I pray for justice for this sweet angel and prayers also go to her loving aunt. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

I pray for justice for this sweet angel and prayers also go to her loving aunt. an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

yeppers.... an angelic monkey

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

an angelic monkey

me too

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »

Yes 4Donks, the video of this little child will forever be burned in my memory.  She is free from all fear and pain now.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10706936/

Mother, friend plead not guilty in Fayetteville girl's death

Mario Andrette McNeill, 30, has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis, whose body was found in a kudzu patch near the Lee-Harnett county line on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing from their Fayetteville home.

Prosecutors have said they plan to seek the death penalty against McNeill but not Antoinette Davis. No trial dates have been set.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/04/1168624?sac=fo.home
Cumberland Assistant DA Cal Colyer looking forward to retirement after 28 years as prosecutor
By Paul Woolverton, Staff Writer
April 4, 2012

Three days before his retirement last week, Assistant District Attorney Calvin Colyer looked with regret at a bookcase full of overstuffed notebooks in his otherwise nearly emptied office on the fourth floor of the Cumberland County Courthouse.

The paperwork documented 17 pending murder cases involving 19 victims.

The homicides include the murder of soldier and Army wife Christina Smith in 2008 and the rape and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009, two cases that brought Fayetteville national headlines.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »

http://www.policymic.com/articles/8928/child-sex-trafficking-jumps-drastically-in-america-and-across-the-world
Child Sex Trafficking Jumps Drastically in America and Across the World
May 29, 2012

In 2009, 5-year-old Shaniya Davis was sold as a prostitute by her mother, Antoinette Davis, to a man named Mario Andrette McNeil to cover a drug debt. For the first year of her life, Shaniya lived with her mother. After that, Antoinette felt that Shaniya’s father, Bradley Lockhart, would be able to provide a more stable environment so she sent her to live with him. There were no formal custody arrangements and Shaniya still saw her mother and spent weekends with her. Carey Lockhart-Davis, Bradley’s sister, was like a second mother to Shaniya stating during the Oprah Winfrey interview that, “When he’s [Bradley], Shaniya’s with me.”
On October 2, 2009, Bradley said goodbye to his daughter and left for an out of town contracting job. On October 9, Antoinette called Carey asking for Shaniya to come over. Shaniya loved her mother and loved being with her. As she’d done many times, Carey dropped Shaniya off at her mother’s home. That was the last time Carey saw her alive. On November 13, McNeil turned himself in and police charged him with first degree kidnapping. The next day, police found out about Shaniya being sold to cover her mother’s drug debt. Antoinette was arrested and charged with human trafficking and felony child abuse involving prostitution. Within a few days, Shaniya’s body was found raped and beaten on the side of a North Carolina highway next to deer carcasses. Her cause of death was asphyxiation. Bradley said that he was never aware of any drug problem and the thought of a drug problem never even entered his mind.

Every year, at least 100,000 U.S. children are made prostitute against their will. As I look at my daughter and other children, I can’t help but think how anyone could possibly be attracted to a child. These people don’t just need help, they need Jesus because doing harm to any child is straight evil and I mean that.

MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »

When will her mother go to trial?  This has went on too long.  She needs her punishment, NOW!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »

This is one I could gladly throw the switch for.

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »

I too return to his site often.  I think this case should have been kept in the headlines until the very end.   I wish a banner with the photo of this child being carried to her abuse and death should be kept in everyone's face until justice is served.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »

I too return to his site often.  I think this case should have been kept in the headlines until the very end.   I wish a banner with the photo of this child being carried to her abuse and death should be kept in everyone's face until justice is served.

I'll never, ever forget the photo of little Shaniya and her rapist/murderer at the hotel in front of the elevator.   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »

I'll never, ever forget the photo of little Shaniya and her rapist/murderer at the hotel in front of the elevator.   

Me too"...haunts me

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11417157/
Trial for Shaniya Davis' accused killer to begin in February
August 10, 2012

Fayetteville, N.C. — The man accused of buying, raping and killing a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl in November of 2009 will go on trial in February, officials with the Cumberland County district attorney's office said Friday.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 32, has been charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in the death of Shaniya Davis, whose body was found in a kudzu patch near the Lee-Harnett county line on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing from her Fayetteville home.

McNeill and Davis will both go on trial in February.

Authorities say Davis was complicit in her daughter's death. Arrest warrants stated that she "did knowingly provide Shaniya with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and "did permit an act of prostitution with Shaniya."
Prosecutors have said they plan to seek the death penalty against McNeill but not Antoinette Davis.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/10/1196387?sac=fo.local
Trial date set for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' accused killer
August 11, 2012

Mario Andrette McNeill will go on trial more than three years after Shaniya's death. The girl's mother also faces charges; her trial is scheduled for Feb. 18, too, but only one of the cases will go forward then, said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

It hasn't been determined which trial will start first nor whether they will be conducted back-to-back.
McNeill, 32, faces multiple charges including murder, child rape, kidnapping, child abuse and human trafficking. He is being held without bail in the Cumberland County jail.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to death.

His trial likely will take two to three months, including jury selection, West said.

Davis, 28, is charged with murder, child abuse, sexual servitude, human trafficking, child rape and other charges. She is in jail with bail set at $3.5 million. Her trial likely will run about a month, West said.

She faces life in prison without parole if convicted.
One of McNeill's lawyers has another capital case late this year, West said. If that trial runs longer than expected, the Shaniya Davis case will be delayed until March 11.

Investigators think Antoniette Davis sold her daughter to McNeill on Nov. 10, 2009, to settle a drug debt. She then reported the girl was missing. McNeill is accused of taking the girl to a hotel in Sanford and then killing her and dumping her body after someone told him the police were looking for him.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/15/1197089
Editorial: Justice - Shaniya's case shows flaws in legal system
August 15, 2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »

Reminder...

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/10/05/1127873

Published: 07:25 AM, Thu Oct 06, 2011

State to seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis murder case

A judge has cleared the way for prosecutors to seek the death penalty against the man accused of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009.

Prosecutors, however, told Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons in a hearing Wednesday that they do not intend to seek the death penalty for her mother, Antoinette Davis, 27, who is accused of giving up her daughter to pay off a drug debt.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 31, and Davis are both charged with first-degree murder in Shaniya's death.

Prosecutors intend to seek the death penalty against McNeill because of two aggravating factors - that he is accused of killing Shaniya during the commission of a rape and kidnapping and that the crime was "especially heinous, atrocious and cruel," District Attorney Billy West said.

West said in court that Antoinette Davis owed McNeill a $200 drug debt and that she was unwilling to have sex with him to pay it off. Instead, she offered her 5-year-old daughter to settle the debt, he said.

"This is a case of a rape and/or sex offense against a 5-year-old victim who was helpless to prevent her asphyxiation," West said. "Her body was left in a ditch after she was asphyxiated and this was done, allegedly, by someone she knew and perhaps even trusted."

McNeill's lawyers did not contest the prosecutors' bid to proceed with the case as a capital trial, saying only they do not agree with the prosecution's position.

"We would like the record to show we don't agree or concur with the DA's aggravating factors," defense lawyer Harold "Butch" Pope told the judge.

Ammons granted the prosecution's request to seek the death penalty.

Prosecutors then told the judge they do not intend to seek the death penalty against Antoinette Davis.

West said that after consulting with the state Attorney General's Office, prosecutors determined that a U.S. Supreme Court decision in 1982, Enmund v. Florida, would preclude the death penalty because Davis did not intend for her daughter to die.

That case established that the Constitution's Eighth Amendment prohibits death sentences for defendants in felony murder cases who did not themselves kill, try to kill or intend to kill anyone.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »

::justice2NJ::

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.