March 28, 2024, 02:34:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaniya Nicole Davis #3 1/22/12 -  (Read 102843 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

http://www.wral.com/slain-girl-s-mom-i-gave-her-to-him-to-cover-200-/13011101/

Posted: 10:34 a.m. today
Updated: 12:03 p.m. today

Slain girl's mom: 'I gave her to him to cover $200'

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A judge ruled Friday that statements made to police by the mother of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was murdered almost four years ago can be used during her upcoming trial, despite defense arguments that investigators bullied her during days of questioning.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, 29, faces numerous charges in connection with Shaniya Davis' death, and defense attorneys said prosecutors should be barred from introducing her statements to police as evidence at her trial, which is scheduled to start Oct. 28.

Shaniya was reported missing from her Fayetteville home on Nov. 10, 2009, and Fayetteville police talked to Davis, other family members and neighbors to generate information to help locate her.

Davis' lawyers said Friday that investigators questioned her on and off over four days but never advised her of her rights to remain silent and to confer with an attorney. Prosecutors responded by saying that she was never under arrest during the questioning – she was there only to help police find her daughter – and so never had to be read her Miranda rights.

"She was arguably coerced and bullied by two law enforcement officers," defense attorney D.W. Bray said, noting that, by the fourth day of questioning, she was sobbing and, in the words of prosecutors, "broke."

"I gave her to him to cover $200. He was only supposed to have sex," a weeping Davis told investigators.

The statement led police to Mario Andrette McNeill and eventually to Shaniya's body, which was found Nov. 16, 2009, in an overgrown field on the Lee-Harnett county line. An autopsy determined that she had been sexually assaulted and suffocated.

McNeill, 32, was convicted in May of kidnapping and assaulting Shaniya before killing her, and he was sentenced to death.

Prosecutors allege that Davis gave Shaniya to McNeill to settle a drug debt.

She had been charged with first-degree murder, first-degree rape, first-degree sex offense, child abuse, sexual servitude with a child, child abuse sexual act, human trafficking and indecent liberties with a child. Prosecutors on Friday also charged her with criminal conspiracy and first-degree kidnapping.

bump

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9291946

Antoinette Davis pleads guilty in murder of daughter Shaniya
Updated at 01:52 PM today

Shaniya Davis and her mother Antoinette.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Antoinette Davis entered guilty pleas Friday to several charges against her in the 2009 kidnapping and murder of her daughter Shaniya.

In a deal worked out with prosecutors, Davis did not plead guilty to first-degree murder - as originally charged - but entered so-called Alford pleas to second-degree murder and a host of other charges including first-degree kidnapping and felony child abuse.

Under North Carolina law, an Alford plea means the defendant does not admit guilt, but concedes prosecutors have enough evidence to likely get a conviction.

Cumberland County Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons sentenced Davis to between 17 and a half and 21 years in prison.

bump

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

Rest in peace Shaniya Nicole.   an angelic monkey  This case haunts me.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jammsnana
Scared Monkey

One Day There WILL be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »

Rest in peace Shaniya Nicole.   an angelic monkey  This case haunts me.   

MuffyBee, it haunts me too...it makes me sick at heart..a 5 year old sold for a drug debt by a woman who valued her own sexuality more than the life of her adorable little girl....I am thankful though..because it was reported that she was going to get away with it completely and just have time served for her punishment...I am thankful that Judge Ammons gave her 17 years to 21 years to reflect on the reality of life choices and the travesty of mothering she committed..She is NO mother..moms LOVE their children and would NEVER EVER sell them to a drug dealer or anyone else for any reason. She should have offered her own life for her debt..whether it was a drug debt (which I believe) or a loan for housing as she recently released..she never should have had physical custody of Shaniya. The people in her little life should have protected her more and the powers that be should have stepped in when the first calls about abuse in that house were raised..i wonder like others where the son she did have custody of and the baby she had in prison are at and with whom they are living...hope all who were involved and had decision power learned a real lesson from all of this and have made changes to how things are done/monitored/decided/passed over/neglected/etc..I will never forget the picture of the monster carrying this sweet angel in that hotel elevator shot..it is burned into my memory...God speed Shaniya..Rest in Peace now baby..you are in Heaven's arms and will never be in pain or hurt again...Jamms

"Justice For Caylee will come when the roll is called UP YONDER!!!"
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=773513285999005&set=a.297306586953013.98898.252896698060669&type=1&theater

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9291946

Antoinette Davis pleads guilty in murder of daughter Shaniya
Updated at 01:52 PM today

Shaniya Davis and her mother Antoinette.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Antoinette Davis entered guilty pleas Friday to several charges against her in the 2009 kidnapping and murder of her daughter Shaniya.

Why oh Why and Alford plea? They had enough on her or did she really not get her rights read to her and get bullied? They could have held her in hot grease for all I care but why only 21 years? Life? She GAVE Shaniya to him to cover $200 debt. Give her 200 yrs!

In a deal worked out with prosecutors, Davis did not plead guilty to first-degree murder - as originally charged - but entered so-called Alford pleas to second-degree murder and a host of other charges including first-degree kidnapping and felony child abuse.

Under North Carolina law, an Alford plea means the defendant does not admit guilt, but concedes prosecutors have enough evidence to likely get a conviction.

Cumberland County Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons sentenced Davis to between 17 and a half and 21 years in prison.

bump
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2015, 08:47:59 AM »

Sorry I am so late in posting this:

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/court-rejects-mother-of-murdered--year-old-shaniya-davis/article_d1ef757b-2d03-5460-9171-ffb3b266dc46.html

Days later, Davis admitted that she had given Shaniya to Mario Andrette McNeill, a convicted drug dealer, so that he or another person could have sex with the child. This was to settle a $200 debt.

death.

Davis had wanted a trial instead but only if statements she made to the police in the days before she was arrested would be kept from the jury. It was in these statements that Davis lied about what happened to Shaniya and later admitted that she gave the girl to McNeill to settle the debt.

Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons ruled that the statements could be used against Davis.

In her appeal, a lawyer for Davis argued that Ammons should have kept those statements out on the premise that they were taken in violation of Davis' constitutional right to remain silent. The lawyer said Davis would have reasonably believed she was in custody at the time or felt coerced into making the statements.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

Sorry I am so late in posting this:

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/court-rejects-mother-of-murdered--year-old-shaniya-davis/article_d1ef757b-2d03-5460-9171-ffb3b266dc46.html

Days later, Davis admitted that she had given Shaniya to Mario Andrette McNeill, a convicted drug dealer, so that he or another person could have sex with the child. This was to settle a $200 debt.

death.

Davis had wanted a trial instead but only if statements she made to the police in the days before she was arrested would be kept from the jury. It was in these statements that Davis lied about what happened to Shaniya and later admitted that she gave the girl to McNeill to settle the debt.

Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons ruled that the statements could be used against Davis.

In her appeal, a lawyer for Davis argued that Ammons should have kept those statements out on the premise that they were taken in violation of Davis' constitutional right to remain silent. The lawyer said Davis would have reasonably believed she was in custody at the time or felt coerced into making the statements.

McNeill and Davis are both vile creatures.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »

Muffy 

somehow vile doesn't even begin to cover it.  All for $200

We need to make up a word!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2015, 11:56:28 AM »

Muffy 

Sister, you're absolutely correct that vile doesn't even begin to cover it.      I'm at a loss to find the right word/words. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2015, 08:02:53 AM »

Muffy 

Sister, you're absolutely correct that vile doesn't even begin to cover it.      I'm at a loss to find the right word/words. 

e-vile

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2015, 12:14:26 PM »

I have hard feelings towards her father as well. He really let her down in my opinion...
The egg donor is horrendous. How anyone who could allow this to happen to her own baby is way beyond my world.
If Shaniya had survived this rape attack, she would have pimped out by this so called mother to pay for her drug habit to other perverts.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »

I have hard feelings towards her father as well. He really let her down in my opinion...
The egg donor is horrendous. How anyone who could allow this to happen to her own baby is way beyond my world.
If Shaniya had survived this rape attack, she would have pimped out by this so called mother to pay for her drug habit to other perverts.

Cookie, I agree.  Sometimes death really is better than life.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »

an angelic monkey

I think of you often pretty girl!

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »

I come by when I can, just to let the world know this child is not forgotten. 
There are just some cases you never forget,
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »

an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »

Amen  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »

Amen  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.