April 26, 2024, 10:40:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Huge Mistake Climate Change Solutions 2009" - Cap & Trade  (Read 1734 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 18, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »

I found news about this at FOX, but not the link.

The Big Lie, the little lies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-QufQzuWU

The video goes on to explain the failure of the European experience, the false incentives...

Once the cookie jar is opened, it's too hard to close the false profit cycle.

No way to certify or verify the efforts, results...

"Carbon offsets lack integrity...make easy profits for investors..."

It also talks about the real solutions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

"Climate bill's 'emergency provision' gives Obama strong-man powers UPDATED!"

Both the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade energy approved earlier this year and the version just okayed by Sen. Barbara Boxer’s Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s Democrats (Republicans boycotted the vote) contains an obscure but nasty bureaucratic provision that requires President Obama to act like Venezuelan strong man Hugo Chavez.

Here’s how: The bills require a federal declaration of a “climate emergency” if world greenhouse gas levels reach 450 parts per million. Guess what? The Pacific Northwest National Lab says it is a virtual certainty that level will be reached within a few months. The bill then requires the president to “direct all Federal agencies to use existing statutory authority to take appropriate actions...to address shortfalls" in achieving needed greenhouse gas reductions.

iirc, the US has been reducing greenhouse gas...it's other nations that are adding to gas levels.

You can only control  yourself, you can't control other people or nations. 

the US is only a drop in the global bucket, why should Americans be punished for the pollution of others?

"But as we have been warning you in detail, this agenda transparently is not about GHG concentrations, or the climate. It’s about what this provision would bring: Almost limitless power over private economic activity and individual liberty for the activist president and, for the reluctant leader, litigious greens and courts that in this case would only have two choices. Those are follow the law, or declare it unconstitutional knowing the predilections of the appellate courts and what will very soon be Obama’s Supreme Court."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Climate-bills-emergency-provision-gives-Obama-strong-man-powers--69646037.html

Did Ice Age animals worry about the big thaw?  Could they have stopped Mother Nature?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:47:15 PM »

I like this opinion piece -

"Greenscam: Cap & Trade"

Cap & Trade legislation is a good example of how a valid idea, such as compelling reductions in the consumption of fossil fuels, can be hopelessly twisted once it is exposed to the legislative process. The intentions behind taking mitigating action on climate change are good, but the policies that business and financial interests are trying to sell under that banner would be disastrous.

As a society, we do need to reduce consumption of fossil fuels. The only choices that people have are to voluntarily reduce consumption in an orderly way, or to face forced reduction through crisis at a later date. Denial and blame are not options, they are a choice of crisis.

As individuals and businesses, you do not need to rely on government to make wise decisions regarding energy policy. The house you live in, the car you drive, where you buy your food, who you work for, and what you invest your time and money in are your own choices. If you make these choices wisely, with an eye toward saving energy, consuming products that are less reliant on fossil fuels, and investing in production that is less reliant on fossil fuels, then you will be prepared for the inevitable decline in fossil fuel based production that must come. In the meantime, you will save money, become more self reliant, and increase yours and your family's security.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/november122009/greenscam_ew.php

Why do we need a national energy grid?  Why not make housing self sufficient?  Housing that doesn't need outside energy to heat or cool itself?  Or, in the short term needs much less than is currently used?

What good is a national energy grid if no one has money for applicances?  Can't afford to heat or cool their home?  Charge the battery in their car?  Has no job?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »

This is the way I remember it...

Mr.Testla from Russia came to J.P. Morgan with his Free Energy invention hoping for funding.
Mr. Morgan gave him some money for a prototype .. After looking over the invention Mr. Morgan realized there was no way to meter the energy..

"Mr Testla, If I can't put a meter on it and sell it to others then I do not want it."

Edison got the funding instead of Testla. J.P. Morgan became partners with Edison..

I found this reference to support what I had written.

In 1900, Morgan financed inventor Nikola Tesla and his Wardenclyffe Tower with $150,000 for experiments in radio. However, in 1903, when the tower structure was near completion, it was still not yet functional due to last-minute design changes that introduced an unintentional defect. When Morgan wanted to know "Where can I put the meter?" Tesla had no answer. Tesla's vision of free power did not agree with Morgan's worldview; nor would it pay for the maintenance of the transmission system. Construction costs eventually exceeded the money provided by Morgan, and additional financiers were reluctant to come forth. By July 1904, Morgan (and the other investors) finally decided they would not provide any additional financing. Morgan also advised other investors to avoid the project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._P._Morgan

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »

Tesla did a lot -

http://www.teslasociety.com/biography.htm

Here is the dream -

"Tesla built this tower to transfer electricity without wires to electrify the entire earth and to be the first broadcasting system in the world."

There is an old clipping and pictures here -

http://www.teslasociety.com/dream.htm

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.