March 28, 2024, 03:39:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 19 yo Fast-food manager killed during robbery in NW Harris Co. TX-susp. arrested  (Read 9685 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 02, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »

Fast-food manager killed during robbery in NW Harris Co.
By CINDY GEORGE Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
May 2, 2009, 12:43PM
A northwest Harris County Popeyes manager was killed overnight during a robbery.

As employees were preparing to leave the store at 15107 FM 529 just before midnight, a man entered the fast-food business with a handgun and demanded money.

The man reportedly forced the manager to open the safe and locked two other employees in the walk-in freezer. After taking the money, the robber ordered the manager into the front walk-in cooler and shot him to death.

According to a Harris County Sheriff’s Office release, the suspect is an approximately 6-foot-tall, heavy-set man with close-cut or shaved hair wearing a dark-colored suit and a blue shirt with no tie. He may be driving a green, four-door Honda or Toyota.

The identity of the manager has not been released.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6404613.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:30:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/090710_popeyes_robbery_suspect_arrest
Suspect Arrested in
Popeyes Robbery

Updated: Friday, 10 Jul 2009, 7:05 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 10 Jul 2009, 7:05 PM CDT

* MENA EL-SHARKAWI

HOUSTON - A man accused of killing a Popeyes manager during a May robbery may have been a former employee of the fried chicken chain.

Investigators arrested 42-year-old George Curry Jr. outside his home Thursday evening after they received a Crime Stoppers tip identifying him as the suspect in the dead May 1 robbery, according to a Harris County Sheriff's Office statement.

George Curry Jr.

Curry is accused of fatally shooting Edward Ricky Virappen at a Popeyes in the 15100 block of F.M. 529.

Curry allegedly entered the store with a handgun just before closing time, locked two other employees in a walk-in freezer and forced Virappen to open the safe. He allegedly took the money then ordered Virappen into the front walk-in cooler and shot him to death.

After the tip was placed to Crime Stoppers, detectives determined Curry's photograph closely resembled a composite sketch drawn from witness descriptions, according to the statement. Eyewitnesses then allegedly identified Curry in a lineup of photos.

Curry is reported to have been a former Popeyes employee, according to the statement.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:28:41 PM »

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-popeye-murder-suspect-story,0,261534.story
Man Charged In The Murder Of Popeye's Chicken Manager
Victim's Mother Speaks Out

Leticia Juarez KIAH

July 10, 2009
arris County Sheriff's deputies have arrested and charged a man in the murder of a teenage restaurant manager.

The break in the case came after investigators received a tip from a caller, through Crime Stoppers, who identified George Curry Jr. as a possible suspect in the shooting death of 19-year-old Edward Ricky Virappen.

It's news the teen's mother has been waiting to hear.

"I wouldn't say closure, but it brought some relief to us knowing that he is caught," said Barbara Virappen.

Virappen said her son had dreams of becoming an architect one day. This September he was set to join the U.S. Army to further that goal.

"He was a great kid and he is truly missed. He is a hard worker, he is very loving to each and everyone," she said.

Edward Virappen was the night manager of the Popeye's Chicken off FM529 when he was shot and killed during a robbery.

"I called him about 8:30 that night asked him what he was doing. He said mom, I am busy I will call you later," said Virappen.

That call never came.

Investigators believe Edward and his co-workers were closing up when the suspect entered the eatery with a gun. Investigators said the suspect locked two employees in a walk-in-freezer, forced Edward to unlock a safe, walked him into another freezer and shot him to death.

Curry's photograph closely resembled the sketch released in the days following the murder. Witness also picked Curry out of a photo-line-up.

Now Virappen wants to ask him a simple question.

"Why? Why did you do that? Why did you target him? Is there a reason? Let us know."

Curry's has been charged with capital murder and is being held without bond.

Edward Virappen would have marked his 20th birthday later this month on July 27th.

Copyright © 2009, KIAH-TV

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 08:37:42 AM »

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 12/27/2009 - 07:36

NAME CURRY, GEORGE THOMAS JR. SPN 00881076 DOB 11/18/1966

JAIL JA07/3A2 01T BOOKING DATE 07/10/2009
UP DATE   OUT DATE   

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 122359601010 BOOKING DATE 07/10/2009
CHARGE CAPITAL MURDER
COURT 209 COURT DATE 01/05/2010
BOND AMT 0.00
http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/Inquiry.do;jsessionid=583B6EF90A15103475DF3D81A8C27239

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »

http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/Inquiry.do
Public Information Inquiry

LAST NAME   
FIRST NAME   
DOB   
SPN NUMBER   00881076
SSN   

CHARGES FOUND =1

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 05/03/2010 - 16:49

NAME   CURRY, GEORGE THOMAS JR.   SPN   00881076   DOB   

11/18/1966
JAIL   JA07/3A2 01T   BOOKING DATE   07/10/2009
UP DATE       OUT DATE   

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE #   122359601010   BOOKING DATE   07/10/2009
CHARGE   CAPITAL MURDER
COURT   209   COURT DATE   05/06/2010
BOND AMT   0.00   FINE BALANCE DUE   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »

CASE # 122359601010 BOOKING DATE 07/10/2009
CHARGE CAPITAL MURDER
COURT 209 COURT DATE 10/12/2011   ::justice2NJ::
BOND AMT 0.00 FINE BALANCE DUE
http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/Inquiry.do

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »

Thank you for the update Nutt.  A nineteen year old man murdered during a robbery, with the suspect arrested and charged with capital murder.   It won't bring Ricky Virappen back, but I think George Curry Jr. needs    Did Curry shoot Ricky to death because he could recognize him since he was a former employee?  Or was he just in a hating mood? 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »

court date coming upppppp

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.