April 23, 2024, 10:24:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geithner 11/17 - Global Fiscal Consolidation? World Government?  (Read 1490 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 19, 2009, 01:32:20 PM »

Open trade and investment policies will be equally important to ensuring future U.S. economic growth, prosperity, and sustainability.  Trade will be critical to creating U.S. jobs and ensuring economic dynamism and vibrancy.  Importantly, G-20 countries have played an active role by pledging to keep markets open, not to erect protectionist barriers, and not to retreat into financial protectionism.

Together, Congress and the Administration have a critical role to play in showing the world that we are serious about critical financial reforms, strong trade and investment, and fiscal consolidation. These policy steps are essential to continuing the strong U.S. role in the global economic system, ensuring strong international confidence in U.S. economic fundamentals, and promoting our nation's interests. By taking action at home, we must communicate our resolve to ensure that the U.S. economy remains the strongest and most innovative in the world.

http://www.enewspf.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11633:secretary-of-the-treasury-geithner-written-testimony-before-the-senate-foreign-relations-committee-re-role-of-the-g-20-in-the-global-economy&catid=88888983:latest-national-news&Itemid=88889930

there doesn't seem to be anything in this article about improving the lives of those on Main Street. 

It seems all about profit for large global business, politicians, and banks.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »

Let me briefly describe how we are working with the G-20 to advance our central objectives:   rebalancing the global economy to achieve stronger and more sustainable U.S. growth goals; promoting global financial stability; and forging multilateral solutions to threats such as food insecurity, fragile states, and climate change.  To achieve all of these goals, we will need to reform the global financial architecture.

At the Pittsburgh Summit, President Obama secured a commitment by G-20 leaders to adopt a Framework for Strong, Sustainable, and Balanced Growth.  In St. Andrews, G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors set out a detailed process and timeframe for achieving this goal.  We asked the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to assist us in a mutual assessment process by evaluating whether policies pursued by individual G-20 countries are consistent with a more sustainable and balanced trajectory for the global economy and, if needed, recommending how policies could be adjusted to improve the global outlook.

Is this agreement on the web yet?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.