April 18, 2024, 06:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am thanking God tonight....  (Read 5727 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: December 18, 2006, 02:02:54 AM »

My daughter, who is in college, has a job as a hostess at a local restaurant. Tonight, someone walked into this restaurant with a gun and shot 4 people. 2 are dead.
My daughter had just left after working tonight. Her boyfriend who also works at the restaurant, was not there either. I am so thankful that she had already walked out the door to come home. She is one of the first to greet people as they come in, so she might have come in contact with this lunatic...who knows? He could just as easily have shot her as well.
She will never go back to work there ever again.

I could so easily have lost my beautiful daughter tonight. God was watching out for her. I am so thankful to him.

Just a reminder.....hug your children, tell them you love them. You just never know what will happen.
We live in such a scary world now. I want to just gather my children, lock the door, and stay at home where I can keep them safe. I know this isn't possible or even desirable, but I am really shaken.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 02:20:18 AM »

pdh3-

I am so sorry she had to go through this and that you have to worry about her safety in new and vivid ways moving forward. It's a harsh awakening and I am so glad she was spared, and pray you both can reconcile this and find a measure of peace.

God bless the victims in this and their families.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

Thanks, none. I got to work this morning, and found out that my boss knew one of the young men who was killed.

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone was shooting in the place where my daughter works. You see it on the news all the time, but now it happened here, and my little girl was way too close. This time, it was just kind of personal.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

Oh PDH3, I am so happy for you and your family that you were spared this tragedy. I feel so bad for the other families.

I know we all want to keep our families and loved ones safe. The sad thing is it is not always possible. No matter where you live or work. We should Thank God everyday for his many blessings.

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »

I also feel awful for those families, and for my daughter's co- workers who were still working at the restaurant when it happened. These are mostly high school seniors and college kids working to help pay for their education. They are all traumatized by what they witnessed. They are all in my prayers.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:52:32 PM »

Dear pdh3,

I am very happy your daughter and her boyfriend were not harmed.

I'm a big believer in fate and karma and it simply was not their time to go.

I am thanking God also for sparing them.

With love.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:02:49 PM »

pdh3
I'm so thankful that none of your family were harmed.  My heart goes out the the victims, their family - friends and those that knew them.
as you said these so very.. very true words "Just a reminder.....hug your children, tell them you love them. You just never know what will happen."

I know you already have but in case you did not get a response from her..
sit her down & make her talk about it to you.  Not Mom / daughter but friend to friend type talk.

In my thoughts &  prayers
OldF

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 02:29:52 AM »

Oh my goodness, pdh3, so sorry to hear that your family had to experience this horrifying event.  Hugs and prayers to you and the families touched by this tragedy.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:42 AM »

Holy cow PDH.. just read this thread - I am so thankful your daughter and her friend are fine.  Makes you wonder doesn't it?  Geez... is nothing sacred?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:26:19 AM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I also feel awful for those families, and for my daughter's co- workers who were still working at the restaurant when it happened. These are mostly high school seniors and college kids working to help pay for their education. They are all traumatized by what they witnessed. They are all in my prayers.

the national news reported a sharp increase in violent crime this year so I think we all need to prepare that perhaps we have to be more guarded, and to prepare ourselves and our children. Those poor kids will be traumatized, I was just by driving by a stabbing victim five years ago running her yard bleeding running from her insane husband. Visuals you just never can completely forget or to reconcile. Hopefully they can all get some counseling to help them cope, I am praying for you pdh and that your daughter and her friends will be safe. I pray for all of our children.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 11:44:48 AM »

I believe it, none. It is just not the same world I knew when my kids were born.
Crime does seem to be more prevalent, and people seem to be getting meaner.
We could start a thread on the causes, but it does not help the young man who died. Or make me feel safe.
Thankfully, the first reports were incorrect, and only one young man died. The other 3 were only injured, and will survive. He was shot for saying hello to a young woman as he walked into the restaurant. That young woman had some kind of relationship to the shooter. Can you imagine losing your life over something so insignificant?

I'm scared to even think about how many unstable people have access to guns. I think I heard this guy used a 9mm.

Are there any monkeys with law enforcement experience who could give us some tips? I was raised in a city, so I'm used to being more careful than most of my friends, but we could all use some advice.

We all need to pray for peace in the US, as well as the rest of the world.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »

pdh3...I cannot put into words how horrified I am after reading this
post, there are certainly some sick people in this world.
I am so very glad that your daughter and her boyfriend were spared and my heart goes out to the families of those who were not. Hugs!!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
pdh3...I cannot put into words how horrified I am after reading this
post, there are certainly some sick people in this world.
I am so very glad that your daughter and her boyfriend were spared and my heart goes out to the families of those who were not. Hugs!!!!!

Geezo Pete! Same as what cubbee wrote!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »

I am saddened to report that of the 4 people shot, the  two who are still in the hospital are now in deteriorating condition. The young woman has slipped into a coma after surgery, and the other young man has developed a serious complication. I heard this on the news this morning. The other injured person is out of the hospital and is recuperating at home.
The funeral for the young man who died is set for today.

It came out in the paper that this shooting was sparked by domestic violence. The young woman that was spoken to was a cousin of the murdered boy, who said hello to her. Her husband was a wife-beater who was insanely jealous.
The police were called many times on the shooter for hurting his wife. This is another case of murder that could have been prevented if the guy had been in jail where he belonged.
When I found out about this guy's violent past, I was sickened by the fact that he was wallking around with a gun. He was a walking time bomb.
Will we ever learn?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.