April 25, 2024, 11:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #153 12/09/09 - 12/16/09  (Read 407890 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-jail-recordings-20091210,0,2238446.story
Casey Anthony's attorney to argue for private jail visits

By Amy L. Edwards and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel

2:10 p.m. EST, December 10, 2009

Privacy is not something inmates — even high-profile ones like accused murderer Casey Anthony — can expect behind bars.

Video cameras routinely record inmates in common areas of Central Florida jails for security. Telephone calls also are screened and recorded.

The only time inmates can expect some privacy is when they meet with their attorneys in specially designated areas. These rooms have no video cameras to preserve attorney-client privilege, but are monitored by corrections officers.

But Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney, said his client's privacy is compromised because jail officials are steering him and his client into a different room — one with cameras — and he objects to the surveillance.

He will ask an Orange County judge Friday to prohibit jail officials from recording Anthony's visits with her legal counsel, destroy all recorded meetings and stop corrections officers from keeping an eye on them.

Baez, whose client is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, said in a motion that cameras and jail staffers are having a "chilling effect" on their interactions and affect the ability to provide an adequate defense.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said jail staff does tell Baez where to meet, but he can always request a different room, one without cameras.
"We have followed jail policies and rules very carefully and directly and we intend to continue to do so," Moore said about jail practices. "We have always attempted to accommodate Mr. Baez's requests, but never outside of jail policy."

Rande Matteson, a criminal-justice professor at Saint Leo University in Pasco County, said inmates do not have any expectation of privacy.

"Inmates frequently engage in criminal behavior while incarcerated and the corrections staff is responsible for safety inside and outside the facility," Matteson said.

Observing — but not listening — during lawyer visits is a common practice at jails across the U.S., said Greg Futch, head of Osceola County Corrections and former director of jails in Brevard, Flagler and Seminole counties.

This is not the first time the issue of jail recordings has come in the Anthony case.

A video shot at the jail on Dec. 11, 2008, the day Caylee's remains were discovered a few blocks away from her family home, reportedly shows Anthony reacting to the news.

Corrections Lt. Tammy Unser told detectives Anthony began to breathe rapidly, her hands became sweaty and red blotches appeared on her neck after hearing the news on a TV.

Anthony's defense team didn't want the video, which has no sound, released. Her attorneys argued the images could be misleading and violate her medical privacy.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland sealed the video, despite requests from the media, including the Orlando Sentinel, for its release.
Anthony Colarossi, Henry Pierson Curtis and Gary Taylor of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Walter Pacheco can be reached at wpacheco@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6262. Amy L. Edwards can be reached at aledwards@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5735

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

Also...things that make you go uuummmmmmm   Why did none of the (defense) parties that JJ secretly taped want to prosecute??  Perhaps because of they did prosecute the tape would be evidence and be heard? Perhaps there are things on that tape that shops how the defense is getting people to say what they want or how the have misconstrued some of the statements? JJ obviously knew it was illegal and he immediately took the tape to the State...so it must have been something that JJ was willing to go the line for...JMO

Sunny, that's what I thought too. JJ could have gotten in trouble for doing it, so going to the SA must have been a risk he was willing to take.

This whole thing with JJ has me so curious.  I hadn't thought before that maybe he was coached to say things that are not true by the defense and that is why he recorded it.  HHhmmm...if the defense had done any research on him, you would think they would have found his posts here and concluded that he might be a hostile witness.  This really has me wondering. 

oops forgot my manners, morning monkeys!

The whole thing about JJ has been a conundrum. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »

Criminal Murder Docket Updated!

Events & Orders of the Court
12/09/2009---Motion---State of Florida's; for Protective Order Regarding Recording of Interview with Joe Jordan

12/09/2009---Motion to Compel---State of Florida's Second; Reciprocal Discovery and Motion for Discovery Schedule
Thanks Sunny, I would like to read the second motion.

I have not been able to find it other than in PDF...here's the link to read it

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21913703/detail.html

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »

Criminal Murder Docket Updated!

Events & Orders of the Court
12/09/2009---Motion---State of Florida's; for Protective Order Regarding Recording of Interview with Joe Jordan

12/09/2009---Motion to Compel---State of Florida's Second; Reciprocal Discovery and Motion for Discovery Schedule
Thanks Sunny, I would like to read the second motion.
  http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21913703/detail.html           It is four pages long

oooppsssssss I should have read ahead ...sorry

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »

Thanks Sunny, it is an interesting motion.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

Also...things that make you go uuummmmmmm   Why did none of the (defense) parties that JJ secretly taped want to prosecute??  Perhaps because of they did prosecute the tape would be evidence and be heard? Perhaps there are things on that tape that shops how the defense is getting people to say what they want or how the have misconstrued some of the statements? JJ obviously knew it was illegal and he immediately took the tape to the State...so it must have been something that JJ was willing to go the line for...JMO

Sunny, that's what I thought too. JJ could have gotten in trouble for doing it, so going to the SA must have been a risk he was willing to take.

And now it is unusable...darn it...but I think he can still testify to what happened during that interview

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2009, 02:32:19 PM »

This whole thing with JJ has me so curious.  I hadn't thought before that maybe he was coached to say things that are not true by the defense and that is why he recorded it.  HHhmmm...if the defense had done any research on him, you would think they would have found his posts here and concluded that he might be a hostile witness.  This really has me wondering. 

Hi akmom......it really has my curiosity up as well...but as it looks now we will not find out anytime soon....if at all!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

I don't remember who asked about court coverage for tomorrow but......

TruTV 's In Session will be covering the hearing tomorrow starting at 9:00 a.m. EST.

I don't know about you all, but I am setting my alarm so I can have my coffee ready and be set to go. 

Thanks AcG - I am always up early......so I will be here...<now watch me oversleep for saying that>

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I have something y'all might be interested in - unless it's already been posted.

I just read Ann Rule's "But I Trusted You" and on Page 79, she flat out states that Casey Anothony murdered her child.

Excerpt:
"Infamous female criminals like Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, and Diane Downs <snip> murdered their own children, sacrificing them to get what they wanted <snip>."

Just thought it interesting that Ann Rule (of all people) would not presume innocence in print.

Hi MsMarple..it is GOOD to see you here and hope you will be here more often. Thanks for the heads up on the book.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »

Thanks Sunny, it is an interesting motion.

It sure is....#9 talks about the expert witnesses the Def. said they had  and so for none have been listed and none have sought to examine any of the collected evidence except fro Dr. Lee on 11/14/08 when he examines the car and stated he would have to finish at a later date.....and over 1 year later and still he has not returned.

Is this going to be a stall tactic? Trying to say they haven't had time to prepare?

Rest in Peace Caylee

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I have something y'all might be interested in - unless it's already been posted.

I just read Ann Rule's "But I Trusted You" and on Page 79, she flat out states that Casey Anothony murdered her child.

Excerpt:
"Infamous female criminals like Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, and Diane Downs <snip> murdered their own children, sacrificing them to get what they wanted <snip>."

Just thought it interesting that Ann Rule (of all people) would not presume innocence in print.

Hi MsMarple..it is GOOD to see you here and hope you will be here more often. Thanks for the heads up on the book.

Wouldn't be surprised if Baez sues. (I hope I'm spelling Casey's attorney's name correctly.) Just to stir the pot.

I think this is Ms. Rule's newest book.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »

Hi akmom......it really has my curiosity up as well...but as it looks now we will not find out anytime soon....if at all!

I think too we may still hear from him, we just won't be able to hear what he recorded.  I think he may well tell that he was coerced to say things, which puts him in a whole different light in my eyes.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-jail-recordings-20091210,0,2238446.story
Casey Anthony's attorney to argue for private jail visits

By Amy L. Edwards and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel

2:10 p.m. EST, December 10, 2009

SNIPPED
But Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney, said his client's privacy is compromised because jail officials are steering him and his client into a different room — one with cameras — and he objects to the surveillance.

He will ask an Orange County judge Friday to prohibit jail officials from recording Anthony's visits with her legal counsel, destroy all recorded meetings and stop corrections officers from keeping an eye on them.

Baez, whose client is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, said in a motion that cameras and jail staffers are having a "chilling effect" on their interactions and affect the ability to provide an adequate defense.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said jail staff does tell Baez where to meet, but he can always request a different room, one without cameras.
"We have followed jail policies and rules very carefully and directly and we intend to continue to do so," Moore said about jail practices. "We have always attempted to accommodate Mr. Baez's requests, but never outside of jail policy."

Rande Matteson, a criminal-justice professor at Saint Leo University in Pasco County, said inmates do not have any expectation of privacy.

"Inmates frequently engage in criminal behavior while incarcerated and the corrections staff is responsible for safety inside and outside the facility," Matteson said.

Observing — but not listening — during lawyer visits is a common practice at jails across the U.S., said Greg Futch, head of Osceola County Corrections and former director of jails in Brevard, Flagler and Seminole counties.

This is not the first time the issue of jail recordings has come in the Anthony case.

A video shot at the jail on Dec. 11, 2008, the day Caylee's remains were discovered a few blocks away from her family home, reportedly shows Anthony reacting to the news.

Corrections Lt. Tammy Unser told detectives Anthony began to breathe rapidly, her hands became sweaty and red blotches appeared on her neck after hearing the news on a TV.

Anthony's defense team didn't want the video, which has no sound, released. Her attorneys argued the images could be misleading and violate her medical privacy.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland sealed the video, despite requests from the media, including the Orlando Sentinel, for its release.

What is the chilling effect? What do they want to do that can't be seem by other??

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »

Excerpt:

Wouldn't be surprised if Baez sues. (I hope I'm spelling Casey's attorney's name correctly.) Just to stir the pot.

I think this is Ms. Rule's newest book.

Thanks MsMarple...I think I will check it out on Amazin.  Nothing he does would surprise me anymore.

Is anyone else have a problem getting knocked off the site?

Rest in Peace Caylee

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »

Excerpt:

Yes, Jane LOL--(Miss Marple's first name, I'm a Cristie fan too!) I just finished reading the first part of the book--the murder of Chuck Leonard.  I saw that too. I once emailed Ann Rule about a minor point in one of her books and she responded graciously.  Why don't you see what she has to say about it?  As I recall, her email is somewhere in the back of the book.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2009, 03:00:58 PM »

I think too we may still hear from him, we just won't be able to hear what he recorded.  I think he may well tell that he was coerced to say things, which puts him in a whole different light in my eyes.

I agree........

Rest in Peace Caylee

Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »

Excerpt:

That's a great idea!  I have to admit, that I hadn't read any of her books until just recently.  (Blushes)  I know, I know....for a monkey who probably reads three or four books a week, I don't know what took me so long!  I've only read the book about Diane Downs, and I was impressed.  I wonder what Ms. Rule would say about this case, and I wonder whether or not she is planning a book about it...  hmmmm

Yes, Jane LOL--(Miss Marple's first name, I'm a Cristie fan too!) I just finished reading the first part of the book--the murder of Chuck Leonard.  I saw that too. I once emailed Ann Rule about a minor point in one of her books and she responded graciously.  Why don't you see what she has to say about it?  As I recall, her email is somewhere in the back of the book.

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »

I do think the bar needs to revisit the "relationship" between Baez and KC, honestly, The bar needs to dig deeper, I mean come on.... why would he keep requesting this over and over again, unless he has something to hide going on with "his girl".

Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Would someone please ask that Gaelic Monkey Girl to stop posting in other Monkey's quote boxes?   GEEZ.....       

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2009, 03:18:24 PM »

Hey did any of you see the picture of Casey in the hospital when Caylee was born..I tell ya somehow I missed alot of pics or I just forgot after seeing so many it all became a blur!

I saw them...the ones with GA in there...but I don't have them....but hopefully someone reading will......eeewwwwwwwwwwww they kinda freak me a bit!!

Yeah I only seen one and that's the one with KC in the hospital bed holding Caylee..umm wonder if I can find the others since I didn't see them or just being a blonde it wizzed right passed me.  Ohh Hey Sunny did you read the book yet Mommy's Little Girl I just finished it last night.  I do have to admit I like the fact that she didn't put her personal feelings in the story she just made all the doc and everything that came out weaved it all together so that it was easy to understand.

Thsese are the only two I have.

Hey Fannie thanks for posting I"m going to check the link and see if I can make them any bigger..I've been searching and still came up empty handed a big thank you going your way!

I've got a couple of really good links for pictures.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f13/Caylee_Is_Missing/

http://photobucket.com/images/caylee%20anthony/?page=48&userinit=true&source=header

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.