March 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cap & Trade Destruction, Third World America - Greedy Politics  (Read 1451 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 21, 2009, 06:55:17 AM »

Waxman-Markey extracts trillions of dollars from the energy-using public and delivers this wealth to various groups--some of whom may be more deserving than others, and some who are simply better at lobbying. That could mean low-income households in an attempt to compensate them for sharply higher energy costs, or regulated industries that have effectively lobbied for compliance assistance. In any event, cap-and-trade allowances are a tax and would be the largest tax increase in recent history.

The recent experience with ethanol-use mandates illustrates the costs and unanticipated (at least by proponents) problems with a federal intervention in energy markets. However, Waxman-Markey represents a vastly more complex and comprehensive scheme, which suggests that the scope and intensity of unintended effects could be greater than either proponents or critics of Waxman-Markey currently anticipate. In addition, Europe's experience with climate-change laws similar to Waxman-Markey strongly suggests both high costs and uncertain emissions reductions.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/EnergyandEnvironment/cda0904.cfm

What is the point of any program if there are people who don’t participate? 

Is it possible to control all global carbon activity? 

Or is the goal to control US activity and let others continue on? 

Why should the Federal government, or a global government determine who is worthy of support?

I think all this Cap & Trade legislation will only increase US debt, lower the standard of living, and destroy opportunities for generations.

Who does it benefit? 

Global carbon traders.  Rich wealthy global businesses that somehow remain outside of it’s grip.  Do any of these rich global traders or businesses pay taxes like those on Main Street?  20%?  40%?  90%?  Somehow, I don’t think so.  Do they pay to support communities on Main Street?

Why does anyone need a carbon market?  Didn’t the stock, bond, and other markets fail over and over?  Derivative markets?  How did they work for the past 10 years?  Everyone on Main Street make some money?  How’s that national debt looking?

Government ‘creation’ of any markets just seems to eat away at prosperity, and raise the cost of living on Main Street. 

I think Washington is full of people who create vast wealth for a few, vast wealth for rich global citizens and businesses, and massive debt for taxpayers.

Why don’t those in Washington create prosperity?  A welcome environment for businesses, jobs, and families?

Opportunity for those on Main Street?

The only opportunities are for those on Wall Street and people who will make big profits from ‘carbon trading’.

How long before the profits are gone from carbon trading?  All the business and manufacturing moves to other non-regulated countries?

When Americans live in poverty and third conditions?

We already have third world debt, how long before it is followed by third world living conditions?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:00:37 AM »

Small Businesses: In tough economic times, small businesses are struggling to make ends meet and making necessary cuts to stay afloat. There’s little talk of expansion and job creation. Heritage Senior Policy Analyst Ben Lieberman points out that many of the small businesses lost out on the cap and trade lobbying battle: “Electric utilities and some other big businesses have cut special deals that allow them to comply for much less. Waxman-Markey allows for such deals by giving these companies free rights to emit carbon dioxide and other regulated greenhouse gases. But small businesses have largely been left out of this special interest game. They will instead face the same higher costs for energy and other products as homeowners. According to a 2008 National Federation of Independent Business poll, energy costs are the second biggest problem facing small business: Waxman-Markey would only exacerbate those concerns.” While all small businesses would be hart hit, those in the Midwest, where a large percentage of electricity comes from coal, would be hurt the most.

Two bills, one in the Senate and one in the House, were crafted by politicians from California and Massachusetts. No state is going to escape the economic pain of cap and trade, but the Midwest is right to be concerned as they will bear much of the brunt.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/11/20/cap-and-trade-hits-manufacturing-farming-and-small-business/

No jobs for Americans in the Midwest.  Just for states with high populations of illegal aliens.

No jobs for Americans.  The cost of healthcare will drive businesses to other countries.

Where is prosperity?  Where is the future of this nation headed?

When will my politicians from Wisconsin work to make life more prosperous in my state?  Why do they support policies that destroy my state and businesses?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.