March 28, 2024, 11:21:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Ord gets 15 years for breaking 2 yo child’s leg  (Read 2771 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 21, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/courts/entries/2009/11/20/michael_ord.htm

Man gets 15 years for breaking child’s leg

(photo of Michael Ord at link)

By Steven Kreytak | Friday, November 20, 2009, 09:09 PM
A Travis County jury on Friday sentenced to 15 years in prison a man who had been accused of throwing, spanking and breaking the leg of a 2-year-old boy earlier this year, prosecutor Jackie Wood said.

The jury had previously found Michael Ord, 25, guilty of injury to a child.
M5X00196_9.JPG

The child suffered a broken femur, multiple bruises and a bloody nose while with Ord on March 4, a police affidavit said.

During the sentencing phase of the trial in state District Judge Brenda Kennedy’s court Friday, Ord said he alone is accountable for the child’s injuries and told the jury he wants to have children of his own one day.

Earlier, a man who cared for the injured boy for several weeks after he got out of the hospital told the jury that the boy was extremely withdrawn, would not eat at a table and woke up at night belting out shrill, primal screams.

Ord has been to prison before, for crimes including burglary and theft.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »

I predict he will be back out within 3 years.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.