June 16, 2024, 08:37:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #562 12/18 - 12/20/2006  (Read 117213 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »

Quote from: "Appeals"

I think those eyes need to flash ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2006, 12:33:38 PM »

straw man  

this is what K12 are attempting to do

Person A: I don't think ROBOTS should run into the busy streets.

Person B: I think that it would be foolish to lock up ROBOTS all day with no fresh air.

By insinuating that Person A's argument is far more draconian than it is, Person B has side-stepped the issue. Here the "straw man" that person B has set up is the premise that "The only way to stop ROBOTS running into the busy streets is to keep them inside all day".

i hate em all

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2006, 12:34:31 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

but but but but.......

wouldnt that be skeeeeeeeeeeeery  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

- A Horse's Tale
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »

Well, maybe glow. Pulse?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2006, 12:37:28 PM »

im getting skeeeeeeeeed

Twisted Evil

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Klaas? I'm really sorry for the OT, but can I please ask one thing? How do you "copy" in Photoshop and Image Ready? I know how in the animation toolbar, you just add a new frame, but I don't know how anywhere else. I'm sure it's obvious, but I don't have a clue.  Embarassed
I've tried to get around that missing info by saving and reopening and then renaming. It's a laborious effort!

In photobucket and in image ready, to copy all you have to do is click on the image you want to copy, select/all, edit/copy, then paste.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2006, 12:42:01 PM »

this THREAD will LOCK in 40 PAGES

hheheheheheheheh Twisted Evil

Embarassed

Cool

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
Quote from: "msmarple"

but but but but.......

wouldnt that be skeeeeeeeeeeeery  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Good Morning:  crazybabyborg, LilPuma, michelete2, msmarple, Peaches, robots

Just stopping in for a minute.  What's up?  I'll read back when I get a chance.

Well, I spent a few minutes reading where some friends post - AOL message boards - and read:  

The boys are right and everyone else is wrong in this case.  The boys will prevail.

I logged out of there and quickly ran back here for fear I'd catch something that would alter my consciousness and turn me into a turnip.

Have they READ the lawsuit?  It's kinda lame.  The boys are not right.  The boys have never been right.  They've been lying since the start and have nobody to blame for their predicament except themselves and maybe Momma K with her training: "big people lie".

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

I'm not much of a recreational gambler, but I'd be willing to bet a fairly large amount of my resources on this case.

This case is gonna be dropped. The only pot needed is to figure out when.
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2006, 12:59:09 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Good Morning:  crazybabyborg, LilPuma, michelete2, msmarple, Peaches, robots

Just stopping in for a minute.  What's up?  I'll read back when I get a chance.

Well, I spent a few minutes reading where some friends post - AOL message boards - and read:  

The boys are right and everyone else is wrong in this case.  The boys will prevail.

I logged out of there and quickly ran back here for fear I'd catch something that would alter my consciousness and turn me into a turnip.

Have they READ the lawsuit?  It's kinda lame.  The boys are not right.  The boys have never been right.  They've been lying since the start and have nobody to blame for their predicament except themselves and maybe Momma K with her training: "big people lie".

Well, I am looking at these pleadings in a different light.  I have drafted Complaints in civil suits many times, and I know that they all basically make the same allegations.  Certain elements have to be pled to keep the suit from being dismissed.  The form just comes from Pleading and Practice form files.  Then you just add the details that fit your case to fill in the blanks in the form.  I don't really take Complaints and Answers to Complaints all that seriously in a lot of regards because I've done too much litigation work in my life.

Let's just see how the actual discovery and progress of the cases go.  I'm a lot more interested to see how the Judge will rule on motions as we progress.  JMHO

Can't wait for Mama K's depo though:  "Did you ever make the statement to the effect that all big people lie?"

K:  "Well, I don't remember.  I don't think so.  I wouldn't say something like that."

Lawyer:  "In the response you just gave, were you lying?"

K:  "no."

Lawyer:  "Woud you like me to refresh your memory by showing the transcript where you made that statement?"

And then imagine how this isused at jury trial with Mama actually on the stand.

Also, the taped interview where she says the boys came in around 3am.  Same type of thing.  She's toast no matter what she says, IMO

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »

Got to run.  Everybody please slow down a bit, enjoy the season, and play it safe when you are out there in the crowds.  Have you all read the lounge thread about what happened to pbh3's daughter? (I hope I got her nic right).  Such a narrow escape.  People get crazier at this time of year, I think.  Lock your doors.  More burglaries.

Susebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »

Pondering thoughts.  Is it illegal in this country, by our laws to say something in the media about someone in another country?  Do our  rights of protection transfer to citizens of other countries?  I'm not sure I understand the right Depak has to sue in California.  After all it happened in Aruba.  Shouldn't his venue be there?  Shouldn't he appeal to the almighty dutch legal system to seek justice?  Could someone explain international case law to me where it's illegal to defame someone in another country by our laws?
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »

Good afternoon everyone!

Klaas, I recieved my SM Christmas tree mug today.  I love, love, love it!!!  Very Happy

I wonder how long before we hear anything on a court date? I guess we have to wait for the Judges to review each case first before setting an actual date?

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2006, 01:34:04 PM »

Quote from: "Susebear"
Pondering thoughts.  Is it illegal in this country, by our laws to say something in the media about someone in another country?  Do our  rights of protection transfer to citizens of other countries?  I'm not sure I understand the right Depak has to sue in California.  After all it happened in Aruba.  Shouldn't his venue be there?  Shouldn't he appeal to the almighty dutch legal system to seek justice?  Could someone explain international case law to me where it's illegal to defame someone in another country by our laws?

Hi Susebear.

Sorry, I can't help you there. Freedom of speech and all that, I don't think Deepak has a leg to stand on. Unless he tries to say Skeeters taped him without his knowledge/permission and then aired it. But then again, that goes under private or under cover. IMO  And if that's against the law in Aruba, then I am with you on lines of thinking. Deepak would need to take it to court in Aruba. Good luck!

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »

I'm wondering if it actually is illegal - in Aruba or the US - for a private  investigator to tape a conversation with a suspect in that investigation.  Does a suspect in a criminal investigation have the right to claim that a tape of him talking to a private investigator is private and he has to give his permission to air it?  If not, it may come down to is whether or not Deepak's statement that the investigation was looking in other directions, away from the Kalpoes, after they and Joran were released, but Dr. Phil brought so much negative publicity to them that they were harmed.  I do think that the statement made in the suit that "Plaintiff's had a right to exclusive ownership and control of their likeness and story regarding Natalee Holloway's disappearance" will not win over any jurors.  It sounds as though he's there because he wants to make money over this; something he discusses with Skeeters in 8-05.  He looks like the money grubber he is.  But juries don't always know what we know, they have to go by what's presented in court.  They don't always see things the way others see it, which is why we see them crying and explaining themselves on TV afterwards - like OJ and Michael Jackson.  If they see it as some poor kid who was falsely arrested and accused, they might think he deserves to make money off of this.  

I was concerned about who the Aruban "fixers" were and how they could come up with a tape that was altered to make Skeeters and Phil look like they lied while still passing some expert's analysis.  Well, I'm still concerned about that, but then I read the suit and realized they may not have to prove that Dr. Phil lied; they still have plenty of fodder to sift through.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »

I'm wondering if it actually is illegal - in Aruba or the US - for a private  investigator to tape a conversation with a suspect in that investigation.  Does a suspect in a criminal investigation have the right to claim that a tape of him talking to a private investigator is private and he has to give his permission to air it?  If not, it may come down to is whether or not Deepak's statement that the investigation was looking in other directions, away from the Kalpoes, after they and Joran were released, but Dr. Phil brought so much negative publicity to them that they were harmed.  I do think that the statement made in the suit that "Plaintiff's had a right to exclusive ownership and control of their likeness and story regarding Natalee Holloway's disappearance" will not win over any jurors.  It sounds as though he's there because he wants to make money over this; something he discusses with Skeeters in 8-05.  He looks like the money grubber he is.  But juries don't always know what we know, they have to go by what's presented in court.  They don't always see things the way others see it, which is why we see them crying and explaining themselves on TV afterwards - like OJ and Michael Jackson.  If they see it as some poor kid who was falsely arrested and accused, they might think he deserves to make money off of this.  

I was concerned about who the Aruban "fixers" were and how they could come up with a tape that was altered to make Skeeters and Phil look like they lied while still passing some expert's analysis.  Well, I'm still concerned about that, but then I read the suit and realized they may not have to prove that Dr. Phil lied; they still have plenty of fodder to sift through.

Good info and good questions. Makes me wonder all the more on which turn of events these court cases will go.

Going to head out but will try to return later on.

God bless~

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:43 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
 Laughing

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »

WE LOVE NAT

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2006, 01:57:17 PM »

Yawn,strech,oh sorry,the sun moved.Yes I am fan of Walt Disney,and I have had Siamese.I need monkey help,I do not know how to put an avatar on ,and if anyone like Klass,or Anna,or Cbb wants to suprise me and put it own,I would be Grateful.i still think jvds did.I translates the arawak,toltec,and mayan in Mel's movie,and they say"joran did it'.I do beleive the S.A.'s are seperate from the dutchies in aruba.I think the k2's get rewarded with sex from women who are drugged,while the dutchies film,broadcast,and humilate the women.I think dk is is scared and in over his head and afraid he might shoot,burn,slice his own head off,after he ties his hands behind himself.We found the missing Harris Family and Heaven Ross this week.At least some families are getting closure,we need 2 more families to get closure.I am awake noe and I see a cute bird,must stalk.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.