March 28, 2024, 05:50:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542226 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1020 on: March 17, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »

Magnolia~  Did you know  cooked chicken bones are very dangerous for dogs, especially long bones because they can splinter, which can cause damage and are hard to digest.  I'm not sure your puppies ability at this time to get through bone, but wanted to let you know this.  Dogs can be fed soft, pliable bones such as lamb, chicken or rabbit if they are not cooked.   My husband feeds our adult  hounds whole raw chicken backs and  raw pork riblets, as part of a raw food diet.  We don't give them long bones raw or otherwise.  It looks like you're doing a great job with the pups.  I can't imagine having that many hungry little mouths in my household to feed   

When our Saluki pups were young, we fed them chicken with rice.  (no bones in there, though)  And of course, we included supplements.   

Thanks Miss Bee,
We always fed our dogs chicken and rice.  My husband used to cook chicken everyday for our Cockers.
Never gave them the bones. The older one lived to be 20 and the younger one 19.
Hudson has been raised on chicken and rice too.  I said that I would never
start another dog on the chicken and rice, but when Hudson was a baby, they were saying all of the dog
food was poison and I didn't know what else to feed him and he was an only dog and I pampered his big ole self.
The puppies just barely have teeth, so can't bite into the bone yet.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: March 17, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »

Magnolia~  Did you know  cooked chicken bones are very dangerous for dogs, especially long bones because they can splinter, which can cause damage and are hard to digest.  I'm not sure your puppies ability at this time to get through bone, but wanted to let you know this.  Dogs can be fed soft, pliable bones such as lamb, chicken or rabbit if they are not cooked.   My husband feeds our adult  hounds whole raw chicken backs and  raw pork riblets, as part of a raw food diet.  We don't give them long bones raw or otherwise.  It looks like you're doing a great job with the pups.  I can't imagine having that many hungry little mouths in my household to feed   

When our Saluki pups were young, we fed them chicken with rice.  (no bones in there, though)  And of course, we included supplements.   

Thanks Miss Bee,
We always fed our dogs chicken and rice.  My husband used to cook chicken everyday for our Cockers.
start another dog on the chicken and rice, but when Hudson was a baby, they were saying all of the dog
food was poison and I didn't know what else to feed him and he was an only dog and I pampered his big ole self.

Awww, I can tell you really love the pups and they are getting great care.       Some  folks don't realize dogs shouldn't have cooked bones and I wasn't sure you knew and I wasn't sure how big the pups teeth were yet, but I thought I had better say something just to be sure.       Thank you so much for sharing the pups with us. I look forward to more pics and stories.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1022 on: March 17, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »

Muffy...I knew about chicken bones being dangerous for dogs...but I am betting that some don't know that they splinter like they do...better to get the info out there for those who didn't know...

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: March 17, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

The shortest video yet!   

Sit Petey 

Petey's tail looks like a party favor.  He is beautiful....and so smart

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1024 on: March 17, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

Sister-     I've been very concerned for Connie and I've been following along how you and your family are trying to help her.  It's heartbreaking to hear it's so difficult  for you to get her the help she needs. Your sister Connie and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.   an angelic monkey 

Muffy, thank you for accepting my sincere apology.  As Klaas said above, the change must have come from the gratefulness folks.
I feel like I am falling apart at my proverbial seams and I thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers.  In His Embrace, Sister

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: March 17, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »

Thanks Miss Bee,

Awww, I can tell you really love the pups and they are getting great care.       Some  folks don't realize dogs shouldn't have cooked bones and I wasn't sure you knew and I wasn't sure how big the pups teeth were yet, but I thought I had better say something just to be sure.       Thank you so much for sharing the pups with us. I look forward to more pics and stories.   

I have been reading about the raw food diet that you mentioned.  Hudson and the mama dog eat raw
deer.  Is that OK?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1026 on: March 17, 2010, 09:17:22 PM »

Magnolia - do they hunt and kill the deer themselves?    Can you tell I've never lived in the country? 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: March 17, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »

Magnolia - do they hunt and kill the deer themselves?    Can you tell I've never lived in the country? 

You aren't the only one.  It is all new to me too....but interesting.

I don't know if they do, but I don't think so.  There is a dirt road down in the cove, about 1/2 mile away,
and hunters throw the deer remains there after they have taken the meat that they want.  The dogs know immediately when they have thrown somethng out and they go and get it.  They threw a head out and the dogs brought it home.  I nearly died when I saw it.  It was the whole head from mid neck up.

I found out that some of my cousins were the hunters that were throwing the remains there and got
them to find another place.

I don't think that either of these dogs are big enough to take a deer down, but have read that they can.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1028 on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »

I don't know if they do, but I don't think so.  There is a dirt road down in the cove, about 1/2 mile away,
and hunters throw the deer remains there after they have taken the meat that they want.  The dogs know immediately when they have thrown somethng out and they go and get it.  They threw a head out and the dogs brought it home.  I nearly died when I saw it.  It was the whole head from mid neck up.

I found out that some of my cousins were the hunters that were throwing the remains there and got

I don't think that either of these dogs are big enough to take a deer down, but have read that they can.

I used to have a cat that would drag home critters.  He brought in bunnies, gophers, bats and once a crow most of them still alive!  You should have seen me trying to get that crow out of my condo, lol 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1029 on: March 17, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »

Sister-     I've been very concerned for Connie and I've been following along how you and your family are trying to help her.  It's heartbreaking to hear it's so difficult  for you to get her the help she needs. Your sister Connie and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.   an angelic monkey 

Muffy, thank you for accepting my sincere apology.  As Klaas said above, the change must have come from the gratefulness folks.
I feel like I am falling apart at my proverbial seams and I thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers.  In His Embrace, Sister

we are here for you Sister..xxxx

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1030 on: March 17, 2010, 11:24:25 PM »

I used to have a cat that would drag home critters.  He brought in bunnies, gophers, bats and once a crow most of them still alive!  You should have seen me trying to get that crow out of my condo, lol 

I am bad scared of bats!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: March 17, 2010, 11:45:37 PM »

Hi Sister....glad to see you here.   

Caring for a family member that you love can put anyone under a great deal of stress.  I am praying for both of you.  Hugs...!

Blessings to you Mere and many thanks!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »

we are here for you Sister..xxxx

Thank you Cookie -- your words mean so much! as do your prayers.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »

Serious posting issues today in forum.  Not sure if it's my puter or website but wanted to let someone know.  Takes forever, but finally does post.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

It's high traffic and a huge forum database.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1035 on: March 18, 2010, 12:27:32 PM »

Serious posting issues today in forum.  Not sure if it's my puter or website but wanted to let someone know.  Takes forever, but finally does post.

I'm having difficult too, Lovin.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

Oh, look what I just found     I should really wait till the sun set's over the yard arm to use the new monkey smiley, I suppose.  But it's five o'clock somewhere...?    I love it  ::monkeywine::     

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:40:26 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1036 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »

This guy is just too cool 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJG9Tol1a0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/aJG9Tol1a0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1</a>

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: March 18, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »

I'm having difficult too, Lovin.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

Oh, look what I just found  ::monkeywine::  I should really wait till the sun set's over the yard arm to use the new monkey smiley, I suppose.  But it's five o'clock somewhere...?    I love it  ::monkeywine::     

I replaced MonkeyWine with a better one.  I added that one late last night so it would be ready for Casey Anthony in court but it needed some fixing.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1038 on: March 19, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »

I had a nice little puppy miracle today.

I had a doctor appointment with my favorite doctor.  He is a dear friend.  I told him I had all of these
puppies and he said....have you got pictures?  Well, of course I did.  He looked and said....those are
Louisiana Catahoula puppies.  I was pleased because that is what I have been thinking, but nobody around
here knew the breed.  He knew all about them.

He walked out to the nurse's station with me and told the nurse....she has 10 little puppies.
The nurse without looking up said.....what kind?  He said....Louisiana Catahoulas.
The nurse looked up with tears in her eyes.  She said.....my old Catahoula died yesterday.

I was shocked but said....what color would you like?  She said my old dog was blue merle, gray with black spots.
I said....I have one like that, and I showed her Amos' picture.  By then big tears were rolling down her cheeks.
I said...his name is Amos, but you can change it.  She said......no, Amos is a good name.

So Amos has a good home to go to.  It made my heart so happy.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: March 19, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »

Sister, you and your sister are in my prayers.  The link in your signature line goes to 'Connni's candles directly and not to the Gratefulness thread here.   an angelic monkey
Klaas, I think that is my favorite Petey yet, he is one smart dog. 

Hello Monkeys! 

That Monkey lab story makes me 

Ms. Bee, what kind of wine goes with cake?   

Magnolia, you are doing an unbelievable job with those pups.  I love to hear about them.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.