April 24, 2024, 04:26:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543109 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1080 on: March 24, 2010, 12:21:22 AM »

http://www.ivillage.com/going-bananas-best-web-9-animal-themed-cakes-kids/3-b-63109#content
Best of the Web: 9 Animal-Themed Cakes for Kids

Going Bananas

Curious George, everyone’s favorite mischievous monkey, seems to have gone ape for this cake. Jessica Silva—baker, designer and owner of Saltbox Cakes in East Berlin, Connecticut—created the chocolate chip confection for her twin boys’ fourth birthday, covering it in 255 hand-painted and molded marshmallow-fondant bananas.

Cake creator: Jessica Silva, Saltbox Cakes
There are 9 cakes at the link at top of this post, but his one had lots of nanners (enough  for Bearly to have some too  )

Thanks, Muffy!     I had a heck of a time peeling them though!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1081 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »

Bearly nanners!

Good Morning Monks!!  Bearly  I wondered if I had mistakenly gotten into the NNT (nanner notification thread)

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1082 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:48 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

There's no nanners left for me!

Hey Bearly -- Heads up!  Nanner!   

hahahaha...too funny.....Bearly....DUCK!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1083 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »

I had a nice little p
uppy miracle today.

I had a doctor appointment with my favorite doctor.  He is a dear friend.  I told him I had all of these
puppies and he said....have you got pictures?  Well, of course I did.  He looked and said....those are
Louisiana Catahoula puppies.  I was pleased because that is what I have been thinking, but nobody around
here knew the breed.  He knew all about them.

He walked out to the nurse's station with me and told the nurse....she has 10 little puppies.
The nurse without looking up said.....what kind?  He said....Louisiana Catahoulas.
The nurse looked up with tears in her eyes.  She said.....my old Catahoula died yesterday.

I was shocked but said....what color would you like?  She said my old dog was blue merle, gray with black spots.
I said....I have one like that, and I showed her Amos' picture.  By then big tears were rolling down her cheeks.
I said...his name is Amos, but you can change it.  She said......no, Amos is a good name.

So Amos has a good home to go to.  It made my heart so happy.

Amos is a cutie and I am sure he will be loved in his new home......

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »

The shortest video yet!   

Sit Petey 

He is soooooooooooooooooo smart!!  Thanks Klaas!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: March 26, 2010, 05:41:17 AM »

Bearly nanners!

Good Morning Monks!!  Bearly  I wondered if I had mistakenly gotten into the NNT (nanner notification thread)

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: March 26, 2010, 05:47:53 AM »

The shortest video yet!   

Sit Petey 

He is soooooooooooooooooo smart!!  Thanks Klaas!

I'm thinking she should clone him.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: March 26, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »

Magnolia just sent me this photo of BUCK.  She said he was the only pup out of the 10 that would stay still long enough for a photo, LOL 

I wonder if his eyes are blue?  He's very handsome!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1088 on: March 26, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »

Magnolia just sent me this photo of BUCK.  She said he was the only pup out of the 10 that would stay still long enough for a photo, LOL 

I wonder if his eyes are blue?  He's very handsome!

He is very handsome!  Thanks Magnolia and Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1089 on: March 26, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »

Thank you Klaas!  Yes, his eyes are very blue.  I got a lot of pics of puppy tails as they got up
to walk away.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: March 26, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »

Thanks for the pic Magnolia.  Buck is so handsome   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1091 on: March 26, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »

Buck is adorable!  They are growing so fast!  How is Hudson doing with them now?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1092 on: March 26, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »

Thank you Klaas!  Yes, his eyes are very blue.  I got a lot of pics of puppy tails as they got up
to walk away.

Maybe we could have a contest to see if we can identify all 10 by their "tails"  Monkey Devil!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1093 on: March 26, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

Buck is adorable!  They are growing so fast!  How is Hudson doing with them now?

Hudson is not a happy camper.  The puppies show him no respect.  They have the nerve
of a government mule and will chase him.  He runs and gets in my lap....all 85 pounds of him.
He will come to the door and if I tell him the puppies are loose, he won't even come in.
Hudson has no patience when they cry in unison.
The pups are basically weaned and they come to me when they are hurgary now, but if they see
their mama they put up a big howl.  They are eating really well.
It is like there are two different sets of puppies.  The ones with six toes are wilder than the ones
with normal feel.  The mother has six toes.  Only three of the pups have normal feet.  Amos and
the two black and tans (Tex and Tess) are the most wild.  They have only just gotten to the point
of letting me hold and love them.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1094 on: March 27, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »

Magnolia - see if you can get a new photo of puppy Anna some time, I'd love to see how she's doing and I'm sure human Anna would too! 

I''ll be calling it a night shortly so if you send a photo now I won't see it til morning 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1095 on: March 27, 2010, 01:32:33 AM »

Magnolia - see if you can get a new photo of puppy Anna some time, I'd love to see how she's doing and I'm sure human Anna would too! 

I''ll be calling it a night shortly so if you send a photo now I won't see it til morning 

I will try tomorrow.  They are down for the night and it is a job to get them all to sleep at once.
I always change their bedding just before I put them down and they love that.  I just love them all.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1096 on: March 27, 2010, 01:41:53 AM »

I had a nice little p
uppy miracle today.

I had a doctor appointment with my favorite doctor.  He is a dear friend.  I told him I had all of these
puppies and he said....have you got pictures?  Well, of course I did.  He looked and said....those are
Louisiana Catahoula puppies.  I was pleased because that is what I have been thinking, but nobody around

He walked out to the nurse's station with me and told the nurse....she has 10 little puppies.
The nurse without looking up said.....what kind?  He said....Louisiana Catahoulas.
The nurse looked up with tears in her eyes.  She said.....my old Catahoula died yesterday.

I was shocked but said....what color would you like?  She said my old dog was blue merle, gray with black spots.
I said....I have one like that, and I showed her Amos' picture.  By then big tears were rolling down her cheeks.
I said...his name is Amos, but you can change it.  She said......no, Amos is a good name.

Magnolia,

That's a wonderful story.  How many of the pups are spoken for now?  At this rate, you will find homes for all of them by the time they are ready.  This was one of the most rewarding things for me when breeding the Westies and Yorkies.  I caught a lot of flak from people opposed to breeding dogs but there are people who want only a specific breed, usually replacing one and they don't want anything else.

I can smell the puppy breathe from here and you are making me want a puppy.  If I could have one this big I would have wanted Anna!  The lady next door to me hads two baby Shi Tzus and I saw them this morning for the first time and they are just too cute.  We are not supposed to have two but several people who live here do.   My little Yorkie is as much as I can manage and I hope I don't cave to this sudden urge to get a pup!

No, they will show no respect for poor Hudson and will even chew on him as teething is the next big thing.  Buck sure looks as though he hasn't missed any meals.

If anyone had told you this would happen and you would ENJOY it you would have thought they had lost their minds but isn't it wonderful to share so much with a litter of pups, all their firsts I mean.  First time to see light, TV, all the things we take for granted.

You have fine pups there!  I hope they will find homes quicky now as while it is wonderful it is very tiring and you get so you are hesitant to even leave the house.  Confining and constant work.  So I am hoping for loving homes for all in the near future or at least SOME of them to give you a break.  With that many, somebody wants something all the time, lol.

Thanks for sharing so much.  I would love to hug and squeeze them all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
sierradicksmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1097 on: March 27, 2010, 02:31:56 AM »

an angelic monkey
how do i get involed helping kids
sfaith47@yahoo.com
sierra dicks mom
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1098 on: March 27, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

From Magnolia:

Amos always looks like Sorroful Jones in his pictures, but he is very active normally.
He was the last one born and acts like the baby.  He picks on the others and then
screams if they fight back.  He has the Catahoula look with the leopard spots.
He is the one that everybody picks up first.and says awwwww.  He has a baying bark.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1099 on: March 27, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »

I had a nice little p
uppy miracle today.

Magnolia,

That's a wonderful story.  How many of the pups are spoken for now?  At this rate, you will find homes for all of them by the time they are ready.  This was one of the most rewarding things for me when breeding the Westies and Yorkies.  I caught a lot of flak from people opposed to breeding dogs but there are people who want only a specific breed, usually replacing one and they don't want anything else.

I can smell the puppy breathe from here and you are making me want a puppy.  If I could have one this big I would have wanted Anna!  The lady next door to me hads two baby Shi Tzus and I saw them this morning for the first time and they are just too cute.  We are not supposed to have two but several people who live here do.   My little Yorkie is as much as I can manage and I hope I don't cave to this sudden urge to get a pup!

No, they will show no respect for poor Hudson and will even chew on him as teething is the next big thing.  Buck sure looks as though he hasn't missed any meals.

If anyone had told you this would happen and you would ENJOY it you would have thought they had lost their minds but isn't it wonderful to share so much with a litter of pups, all their firsts I mean.  First time to see light, TV, all the things we take for granted.

You have fine pups there!  I hope they will find homes quicky now as while it is wonderful it is very tiring and you get so you are hesitant to even leave the house.  Confining and constant work.  So I am hoping for loving homes for all in the near future or at least SOME of them to give you a break.  With that many, somebody wants something all the time, lol.

Thanks for sharing so much.  I would love to hug and squeeze them all.

I wish you could hold them too.  Without you and Klaas, I am not sure there would be any pups.
My family has been so mad at me about the puppies and though that I should put them in the river
tied up in a pillow case, saw them last Sunday for the first time.  I took them to the cousins' Sunday dinner.
Everybody loved them and went on and on about what fine puppies they are.  I was proud.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 10:55:11 AM by klaasend » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.