April 19, 2024, 04:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543001 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1360 on: April 12, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »

Latest monkey sighting: eating from St. Petersburg bird feeder

In Print: Monday, April 12, 2010
ST. PETERSBURG — There appears to have been another sighting of the wild monkey that has captivated the Tampa Bay area for the past year.

There's video footage of the monkey this time, too.

Rick Coffey reported spotting the monkey Saturday in his back yard on Serpentine Drive in the Pinellas Point neighborhood at the southern tip of St. Petersburg.

He said the monkey appeared to be hungry and scooped mouthfuls of seed out of a bird feeder. After it darted away, it came back 45 minutes later for more seed. Before Coffey got a good look at the creature, he at first thought it might be a cat.

Officials believe the monkey is a young male rhesus macaque. No one is sure where it came from, but wildlife officials believe it could be an abandoned pet, or could have gotten separated from a group of wild monkeys in a state park near Ocala.

Officials with Florida Fish and Wildlife have been trying to catch the monkey for more than a year. Sightings have been reported in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties — including several weeks ago in the Pinellas Point area.

Wildlife experts caution that residents should be careful when near the monkey, which could be carrying diseases like hepatitis B.

The monkey has become famous, with thousands of followers on Facebook and a mention on the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.

Mike Brassfield can be reached at brassfield@sptimes.com or (727) 445-4160.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/latest-monkey-sighting-eating-from-st-petersburg-bird-feeder/1086693

Video at link for those who can view it

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1361 on: April 12, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

FYI - For those who use Twitter.  I don't really use Twitter except to follow cases.

I happen to use iGoogle for my home page.  iGoogle offers many different add ons including a Twitter widget.  If you add the Twitter widget, your twitter feeds some right on your iGoogle desktop and you can even send twits from there as well.  It's pretty cool.  This is what it looks like on my iGoogle home page:

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1362 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »

FYI - For those who use Twitter.  I don't really use Twitter except to follow cases.

I happen to use iGoogle for my home page.  iGoogle offers many different add ons including a Twitter widget.  If you add the Twitter widget, your twitter feeds some right on your iGoogle desktop and you can even send twits from there as well.  It's pretty cool.  This is what it looks like on my iGoogle home page:

I've tried to twitter and just gave up!! That might help, Klaas! Thank You!!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1363 on: April 13, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »

It's not my Berfday anymore! Does that mean I can go back to how old I was BEFORE???       

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1364 on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:44 AM »

It's not my Berfday anymore! Does that mean I can go back to how old I was BEFORE???       

sure but only if I can too!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: April 13, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »

Bearly, Muffy, & all, I left you all something in the cake thread!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1366 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »

Bearly, Muffy, & all, I left you all something in the cake thread!!! 

Cake?  I better buzz on over there before a hungry Bear shows up 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1367 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »

For anyone keeping up with the Jaycee Duggard case:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/04/exclusive-jaycee-duggard-hires-celebrity-lawyer-whos-repd-lindsay-lohan-paris
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: April 14, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1369 on: April 14, 2010, 10:05:16 PM »

Thanks, Dana!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: April 15, 2010, 03:44:56 AM »

Latest monkey sighting: eating from St. Petersburg bird feeder

In Print: Monday, April 12, 2010
ST. PETERSBURG — There appears to have been another sighting of the wild monkey that has captivated the Tampa Bay area for the past year.

There's video footage of the monkey this time, too.

Rick Coffey reported spotting the monkey Saturday in his back yard on Serpentine Drive in the Pinellas Point neighborhood at the southern tip of St. Petersburg.

He said the monkey appeared to be hungry and scooped mouthfuls of seed out of a bird feeder. After it darted away, it came back 45 minutes later for more seed. Before Coffey got a good look at the creature, he at first thought it might be a cat.

Officials believe the monkey is a young male rhesus macaque. No one is sure where it came from, but wildlife officials believe it could be an abandoned pet, or could have gotten separated from a group of wild monkeys in a state park near Ocala or be one of the Scared Monkeys on the trail of a crime.

Officials with Florida Fish and Wildlife have been trying to catch the monkey for more than a year. Sightings have been reported in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties — including several weeks ago in the Pinellas Point area.

Wildlife experts caution that residents should be careful when near the monkey, which could be carrying diseases like hepatitis B.

The monkey has become famous, with thousands of followers on Facebook and a mention on the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.

Mike Brassfield can be reached at brassfield@sptimes.com or (727) 445-4160.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/latest-monkey-sighting-eating-from-st-petersburg-bird-feeder/1086693

Video at link for those who can view it

BBM

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:28:02 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:33 AM »

admin
sorry about being logged in all nite, i hit the logout button
and didnt see my icon, so i thought i was logged out
hope it didnt cause any probs thanks

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: April 15, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »

admin

Many of us never log off, you really don't need to.  If there is a problem with the site everyone will be booted out anyway.  No problem at all 

This is what is says for me:

Total time logged in: 376 days, 5 hours and 40 minutes  Monkey Devil!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: April 15, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »

Laughter Yoga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eB3ISAYE-I

It is no secret that I am a fan of laughter.  I didn't want to scare my son by bursting out laughing, so I just thought it, it works that way, too.  Try it, Kitty Valium will be a thing of the past.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:33:15 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1374 on: April 15, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

admin

Many of us never log off, you really don't need to.  If there is a problem with the site everyone will be booted out anyway.  No problem at all 

Total time logged in: 122 days, 10 hours and 3 minutes. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: April 15, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »

admin

Total time logged in: 122 days, 10 hours and 3 minutes. 
I was curious to know other posters "logged-in" times!! 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1376 on: April 16, 2010, 04:45:07 AM »

I have not been in Musings in like a decade - I am upset and I should not be.  But I am -  I am off my tricycle .. off my Merry go round Me ~ the kid of heart.
Maybe this post should be in JSM's Ban Thread - I posted early today for the first time - on Orlando Sentinel - Hal's blog. Bec his words tiffed me off - that he used for his header - for Haleigh. She is more than likely Dead.  I posted a comment from my heart. Well MONKEYS this what I got back from a (( loved blogger within OS)) is the reason why I post this.

My words first: I read your blog quite often, your pretty much straight up, but I have to add my opinion here today. Just a comment for you Hal. I understand that this ” investigation” has been a hot topic within the news within the last 2 days .. New findings within the person’s of interest within finding Haleigh. Could you at least give Haleigh some thought and dignity – and not start your header ” She is most likely dead” …….and offer her/her name some Honor. Haleigh is/was a precious innocent child, a victim of these (can’t say what I would like) people. She deserves some Dignity. Very desensitized of you to start your column ” She’s more than likely Dead”. Remember Haleigh for who she was and what she represents.
Innocence.
K
--
I sent a comment back to Dead Casey and then again to another by the name of Jack - no words really cross from my end - Its all available on the blog.  I got a rip back from Jack (loved OS Blogger) (( First if any Monkey knows me I have never ever typed the word You're in almost 5000 posts here on SM - I am not that savvy in English within punctuation. So he tripped up my words - that he states I wrote))
His words back to me:
“Jack – You’re calling me out. Your calling me out for what? You’re calling me out for Hal?”
I’m calling you out “K” b/c you’re posting ridiculous things like, (paraphrasing you) “Hal, couldn’t you be a little more sensitive?” “This is a little, precious child we’re talking about.” (Yeah?? No kidding!!) and “Hal, why did you start this thread with ‘She’s most likely dead’??” (Well, b/c that’s what the PC Sheriff HIMSELF STATED TODAY IN A PRESS CONFERENCE YOU FOOL!!  How in the h*ll can you give this sort of RIDICULOUS FEEDBACK to Hal when all he’s doing is REPORTING FACTS “K” even if those facts are too uncomfortable for you to deal with??!! What the h*ll difference does it make if Hal QUOTED PC SHERIFF HARDY or was “Politically Correct” as YOU WANTED HAL TO BE and said, “Well, PC Sheriff Hardy reported some probable bad news today, but it still may be okay, b/c nothing’s been confirmed so don’t cry my little children posters…BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!”  If you can’t handle TRUTHFUL FACTS that just happen to be HEINOUS AND ATROCIOUS, (this is a Child Homicide Case is it not??!!!) then you don’t need to be here “K” start your own Liberal, Touchy-Feely, Sissy Blog about what a great “Step Mom” Misty was to Haleigh…OK…K??!!!! WIMP!!
---
How does that read? As you all know me? Why his words Pxss me off - I should not let his stupid comments tick me off -because he does not know me. He knows nothing of me. His words are his own. His mentality though sends me over  -he is a perfect example of why we are messed up in society. He is obviously loved and thought highly of within the posters of this blog on OS. Here I am - just one to post my thoughts That Haleigh should be respected as Haleigh - His response though is taken for verb. He feels the need to Kick my A - Others even charmed in - against me. Not right - so not right. I never said a word other than Haleigh should be treated with respect. Haleigh is not just a news blast. She is a child that deserves her place.  I know what is and what isn't and its not about him verbally slamming me online. I could care less. It's his rage though that totally ripped me - His rage towards me without him actually reading my words. What happened to paying attention - before raising hell ?
Haleigh is a delicate topic - I understand. I give him that. Yet- What happened to the times when people did pay attention and use forethought- before going on a nut. His rage is example of how PPL Die due to domestic violence.  This world has not been perfect in many years but Once upon a time I thought we at least had respect for one or another - Adults will always have their issues - yet should maintain accountability of some sort for their mouths/actions. Babies, children they are innocent - they look up to us for their survival. Just Who are they looking up too ?  Sigh. They do not have a voice or choice. Its very sad beyond sad for children like Haleigh and Caylee. If we could take every ounce of Monkey's Love here on this site - and offer it to every single Mom or couple who are struggling today with small children - there would be no such thing as child abuse. There would be gushing going on - Parents eyes would be falling out their heads. Their hearts would be beating like a drum - Proud. My wish.
I am infamous for adding music in musings- Well this is a very special video = that I am not allowed to embed. I met this incredible woman on YT. Her name is Eileen. She and I talked and shared music interests.  She made a video for me on YT. This song is very powerful and it is just, I requested the song by Annie Lennox and she made her magic around Annie's Voice. Eileen did the work, created the goosebumps within and I so thank her for her creativity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByZ5bxroaI
This song is so beautiful. I hope you take the time to listen
 It speaks for itself. ~ elephant

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: April 16, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »

Hi Monkeys. I am posting this question here, because I know Monkeys are on top of these things. My friend is concerned her 9-year-old daughter is maybe up to some things she shouldn't be, and she's considering recording her cell phone conversations (the daughter uses the mom's cell phone) Any suggestions on a way to do that? Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: April 16, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »

Hi Monkeys. I am posting this question here, because I know Monkeys are on top of these things. My friend is concerned her 9-year-old daughter is maybe up to some things she shouldn't be, and she's considering recording her cell phone conversations (the daughter uses the mom's cell phone) Any suggestions on a way to do that? Thanks.

Hi Stayhomemommy - I don't have any personal information but I do see some information on it here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4773664_record-cell-phone-calls.html
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: April 16, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

Hi Stayhomemommy - I don't have any personal information but I do see some information on it here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4773664_record-cell-phone-calls.html

Thanks so much!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.