April 26, 2024, 02:13:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543249 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1400 on: April 20, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »

First I'd like to mention my favorite online store of all time is Amazon.com . You can purchase just about anything from Amazon and if it's in the Amazon warehouse you will receive it usually in 2 days and that's with standard shipping.  I never pay for faster shipping with Amazon because I know how quick they are.

My second favorite online store is Zappos.com .  They always upgrade the shipping to next day and in the case of a pair of tennis shoes I just purchased for my husband, there was zero shipping and tax and we still received them 24 hours after ordering.  You just can't beat that kind of service!

Third, Petey likes the boxes 

Petey liking the boxes is really the first thing you look for, right?

Go Petey!!!

Magnolia, how are the puppies?

The puppies are all gone to new homes.  I miss them something awful.  I cried for three days,
and I am still grieving for them.  They were such a joy and so funny and loving.
I let myself get way too attached to all of them.

I'm so sorry you're sad, I know you miss them. 

You're their hero, and mine too Magnolia.  Your brought them and their mother in from the cold and took care of them and loved them.  You gave them a far better start in life than they would have had otherwise, if they'd survived at all.  Your love for them was so contagious, I think we all caught it...I know I did for sure! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1401 on: April 20, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »

Anyone who knows --  when you put in a search term, does it search just the active thread for the case you're searching on, or does it search all the archived threads for that case as well ?

TIA
BG

I think if you leave the check in the "check all" it will search all threads, or you can uncheck that and choose which threads to search in.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1402 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:11 PM »

First I'd like to mention my favorite online store of all time is Amazon.com . You can purchase just about anything from Amazon and if it's in the Amazon warehouse you will receive it usually in 2 days and that's with standard shipping.  I never pay for faster shipping with Amazon because I know how quick they are.

My second favorite online store is Zappos.com .  They always upgrade the shipping to next day and in the case of a pair of tennis shoes I just purchased for my husband, there was zero shipping and tax and we still received them 24 hours after ordering.  You just can't beat that kind of service!

Go Petey!!!

The puppies are all gone to new homes.  I miss them something awful.  I cried for three days,
and I am still grieving for them.  They were such a joy and so funny and loving.
What a happy/sad time!!!  an angelic monkey I know you are so sad to give them up -- but I KNOW you found good homes for all of them!!! You have to be so proud and happy for their future. You did a magnficent job!!!!! 

Just curious where "Wreck" ended up??????? 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1403 on: April 20, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »

O/T - our loca lost her husband....I started a condolence thread for her

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7624.new#new

Thanks, Sunny!

sunny

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »

Anyone who knows --  when you put in a search term, does it search just the active thread for the case you're searching on, or does it search all the archived threads for that case as well ?

TIA
BG

I think if you leave the check in the "check all" it will search all threads, or you can uncheck that and choose which threads to search in.

ok thank you, I'll try that. 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1405 on: April 20, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »

Go Petey!!!

You're their hero, and mine too Magnolia.  Your brought them and their mother in from the cold and took care of them and loved them.  You gave them a far better start in life than they would have had otherwise, if they'd survived at all.  Your love for them was so contagious, I think we all caught it...I know I did for sure! 

I agree with my sis, I felt like Auntie Bearly.  I cannot imagine what a hole they have left in your life.

Maybe you can go to the SPCA and see if they have any more pregnant dogs to adopt, you can be a professional Puppy Nanny, we will give you stellar references.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »

Missing

Rebecca Collins-Fisher, 16, and Brian Ortiz-Molina, 14, Palm Beach County

Authorities continue search for missing autistic teens from Wellington

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7630.msg1118125#msg1118125

They've been found safe!! 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:23:37 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1407 on: April 21, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »

Klaas! I'm so glad you liked my page!!!     
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1408 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »

Could any Monkey's please suggest a lawn fertilizer that is dog friendly?  My dog like to eat grass because then he coughs up

fur balls, he has long hair and when he cleans he paws he digests some hair. Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1409 on: April 21, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »

O.T.

Has anyone tried Activia?  Great stuff, I have more energy than I ever had in my life! Who knew that a little yogurt cup
could be so important?  I found good deal on the yogurt this week, a package of eight has a $1.00 coupon on the back
and naturally I clipped it and gave it to cashier.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »

I don't exactly know where to post this. It isn't a missing person or a mystery.  It's a murder with the perpetrator in jail.  Some people I know, they aren't close friends but I am friends with some of their relatives, were attacked at their home on Monday night.  They have a house in NC in Sapphire close to Highlands in which they spend their summers.  They went there for the summer about 10 days ago with their 22 year old grandson.  On Monday night, the grandson attacked his grandmother in the yard with a baseball bat and hit her in the back of the head.  She is in the hospital in serious condition.  He then stabbed his grandfather to death and his body was found in the yard.  The grandmother regained consciousness and was able to get in her golf cart and with horn blowing, went to the security guard at the gate.  She told the police that her grandson attacked her and she thought he had attacked his grandfather.  It appears she didn't witness her husband's death.  The grandson was found in the house apparently thinking he had killed them both so he didn't need to leave in a hurry.He is in jail charged with first degree murder and no bail.  The Sheriff said that there are more charges pending, probably attempted murder of his grandmother.

I've never known anyone who was murdered before and it was a shock.  That poor family will never be the same.  Such a tragedy.  I certainly counted my blessings when I heard about it.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1411 on: April 21, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »

[
Go Petey!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with my sis, I felt like Auntie Bearly.  I cannot imagine what a hole they have left in your life.

Maybe you can go to the SPCA and see if they have any more pregnant dogs to adopt, you can be a professional Puppy Nanny, we will give you stellar references.

[/quote]

Once long ago, before we had children, we were stationed at Fort Rucker and there was a little notice in
the paper that said the county needed homes for foster children.  We had a big house and I thought that
would be neat.  So I called and applied.  After thorough investigation we were approved as foster parents.

A couple of weeks later, a lady showed up on my doorsteps with little brothers one and two years old.
They had the clothes on their backs and three cloth diapers and one bottle between the two of them.
They didn't come with instructions.
It was suppertime so I just gave them what we were having, which was steak and gravy and mashed potatoes.
I have never seen little children eat like that and I noticed the older one stuffing rolls in his pockets.
It was heartbreaking.

Long story short, we loved the boys and we had them for ten months.  Then one day the same lady who
brought them came and said that they would be taking the boys away in three days.  They were being adopted
by a dentist in North Alabama.  We were devastated.  My mother called in all of her favors with judges in
Alabama and nothing could be done.  We had signed papers that we would not try to adopt a child that
we fostered.
It took two pickup trucks and a station wagon to take their toys and clothes.  We were never allowed
to know anything else about them.
That was the end of out foster care experience.  The letting go was too hard.

I should have kept that in mind instead of loving those pups.  But I am a sucker for kids and puppies.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1412 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »

OH Mags,

You are so full of love. You were  a wonderful puppy nanny. It was meant to be that you found them and gave them a wonderful chance at life. You have made a wonderful difference for all the puppies and the families that they went to. Plus the young children you took in and cared for, for those 9 months. God has a special place for you and your warm loving heart. All the joy you brought here to SM with all the wonderful pictures you shared with us. God Bless You Mag an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1413 on: April 22, 2010, 02:26:37 AM »

Magnolia, I'm a sucker for kids and puppies too...thanks for sharing that story. 

You're an angel!   an angelic monkey

The puppy at about 1:15 running after the little boy reminded me of that cutie Peter R. DeVries...I hope he found a little boy or girl to love....  And I've said a prayer that they will all, always be kept safe and warm.

((((hugs))))

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AhR36gV6vW4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AhR36gV6vW4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1414 on: April 22, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »

OH Mags,

You are so full of love. You were  a wonderful puppy nanny. It was meant to be that you found them and gave them a wonderful chance at life. You have made a wonderful difference for all the puppies and the families that they went to. Plus the young children you took in and cared for, for those 9 months. God has a special place for you and your warm loving heart. All the joy you brought here to SM with all the wonderful pictures you shared with us. God Bless You Mag an angelic monkey

You said it so well Green Eyes!   an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1415 on: April 22, 2010, 04:47:03 AM »

Magnolia, you are such a blessing.  Your heart is still open to love animals and children in need.  It is a gift to me that I know you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1416 on: April 22, 2010, 04:49:36 AM »

OH Mags,

You said it so well Green Eyes!   an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1417 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »

Magnolia...... you've got a heart so full of love to give! Rest assured that the loving start you gave those pups has set their paws on a really happy life............. trusting their humans and living well adjusted happy lives! Your gift to them is something that will live within them every day, and bring untold joy to them and others! You did great, Mom! Nothing's over, wait and see, you're just freed up for the next opportunity!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1418 on: April 22, 2010, 04:54:36 PM »

I know many of you use McAfee for your virus protection.  You should read this...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/22/antivirus-program-goes-berserk-freezes-pcs/?test=latestnews

Associated Press

- April 22, 2010
Antivirus Program Goes Berserk, Freezes PCs

Computers in companies, hospitals and schools around the world got stuck repeatedly rebooting themselves Wednesday after an antivirus program identified a normal Windows file as a virus.

NEW YORK -- Computers in companies, hospitals and schools around the world got stuck repeatedly rebooting themselves Wednesday after an antivirus program identified a normal Windows file as a virus.

McAfee Inc. confirmed that a software update it posted at 9 a.m. Eastern time caused its antivirus program for corporate customers to misidentify a harmless file. It has posted a replacement update for download.

McAfee could not say how many computers were affected, but judging by online postings, the number was at least in the thousands and possibly in the hundreds of thousands.

McAfee said it did not appear that consumer versions of its software caused similar problems. It is investigating how the error happened "and will take measures" to prevent it from recurring, the company said in a statement.

The computer problem forced about a third of the hospitals in Rhode Island to postpone elective surgeries and stop treating patients without traumas in emergency rooms, said Nancy Jean, a spokeswoman for the Lifespan system of hospitals. The system includes Rhode Island Hospital, the state's largest, and Newport Hospital. Jean said patients who required treatment for gunshot wounds, car accidents, blunt trauma and other potentially fatal injuries were still being admitted to the emergency rooms.

In Kentucky, state police were told to shut down the computers in their patrol cars as technicians tried to fix the problem. The National Science Foundation headquarters in Arlington, Va., also lost computer access.

Intel Corp. appeared to be among the victims, according to employee posts on Twitter. Intel did not immediately return calls for comment.

Peter Juvinall, systems administrator at Illinois State University in Normal, said that when the first computer started rebooting it quickly became evident that it was a major problem, affecting dozens of computers at the College of Business alone.

"I originally thought it was a virus," he said. When the tech support people concluded McAfee's update was to blame, they stopped further downloads of the faulty software update and started shuttling from computer to computer to get the machines working again.

In many offices, personal attention to each PC from a technician appeared to be the only way to fix the problem because the computers weren't receptive to remote software updates when stuck in the reboot cycle. That slowed the recovery.

It's not uncommon for antivirus programs to misidentify legitimate files as viruses. Last month, antivirus software from Bitdefender locked up PCs running several different versions of Windows.

However, the scale of this outage was unusual, said Mike Rothman, president of computer security firm Securosis.

"It looks to be a train wreck," Rothman said.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1419 on: April 22, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

Thanks Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.