March 29, 2024, 04:28:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542276 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1500 on: May 01, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »

94 degrees!  Yuck!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1501 on: May 01, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »

94 degrees!  Yuck!

Rain, Rain, and MORE Rain.  And it keeps coming down.  Expecting upwards of 6-10 inches and the ground cannot hold any more.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1502 on: May 01, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »

94 degrees!  Yuck!

::HelloKitty::Bearlyhere,

I adore your Green Sparkly Frog, I saw the fun critter on Brandi's page. Did you create the jazzy frog?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1503 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »

The storms are training and believe me it is a bit scary.  It is going to be a LONG night.  My best friend in Memphis-I cannot get in touch with her and I am worried for her and her 90 year old father.  Nashville just south of me is flooded and interstates have cars floating down it AND a house was floating along side them.  I have lived here all my life and I have not seen anything like it.  I will say we have had at least 6-7 inches and it is training one storm after another.  It is lightning and thundering right now and heavy rain and it will not stop until maybe Monday morning.  I am beginning to believe we will get upwards of 10 inches at this rate.  Tornadoes tonight and I know I will not be able to sleep knowing that could happen and you wouldn't even know it.  It is a helpless feeling, not much you can do except ride it out.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1504 on: May 01, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »

The storms are training and believe me it is a bit scary.  It is going to be a LONG night.  My best friend in Memphis-I cannot get in touch with her and I am worried for her and her 90 year old father.  Nashville just south of me is flooded and interstates have cars floating down it AND a house was floating along side them.  I have lived here all my life and I have not seen anything like it.  I will say we have had at least 6-7 inches and it is training one storm after another.  It is lightning and thundering right now and heavy rain and it will not stop until maybe Monday morning.  I am beginning to believe we will get upwards of 10 inches at this rate.  Tornadoes tonight and I know I will not be able to sleep knowing that could happen and you wouldn't even know it.  It is a helpless feeling, not much you can do except ride it out.

Stay safe Blue Moon! 

You know everyone who doesn't live in California worries about earthquakes but I'd rather have an earthquake than a tornado any day.   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1505 on: May 01, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »

Stay safe Blue Moon! 

You know everyone who doesn't live in California worries about earthquakes but I'd rather have an earthquake than a tornado any day.   

I have to agree with you.  Tornadoes scare me to death especially at night time.  The birds (even at night) are sitting on my front porch and singing loudly.  They are scared too. It is very quiet at the moment, I don't like that.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1506 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »

Praying for your safety Blue Moon, and for others in the storms way. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1507 on: May 01, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »

Stay safe Blue Moon! 

I have to agree with you.  Tornadoes scare me to death especially at night time.  The birds (even at night) are sitting on my front porch and singing loudly.  They are scared too. It is very quiet at the moment, I don't like that.

Do you have a shelter or safe room in your home you can go to?  Yeah, the night is what would frighten me too.  I imagine you will have a lot of wind before anything hits, right?  At least if you are awake you can listen for that?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1508 on: May 01, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »

Stay safe Blue Moon

Just turned on the weather channel and it's a Mess out there. From parts of LO, KY, AL, TN and going towards GA and up north towards Ohio. It is terrible. All Monkeys in those areas please stay safe

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1509 on: May 01, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »

Stay safe Blue Moon! 

Do you have a shelter or safe room in your home you can go to?  Yeah, the night is what would frighten me too.  I imagine you will have a lot of wind before anything hits, right?  At least if you are awake you can listen for that?

No shelter or basement.  We do have a center walk-in closet and that is where I would go.  Of course my husband would be on the front porch watching it as it happens.     It is quiet at the moment, weather channel is on, switching to Nashville station.  I wish I had got that shot of the house floating down the interstate along with the cars.  It is unreal.  Memphis has really been hit hard and it has started up again.  My best friend lives there and I have tried all day to get hold of her with no luck.  I am really worried about her.  They have had 10-12 inches of rain and it is not over yet.  My son is working this weekend at a sister company the next county over and he came in tonight (yes, I have worried all day about him being there) and said the creeks are all out their banks.  He has to go back tomorrow and this town is right on creeks that flood.  The last time we had this much rain was back in the late sixty's and the rivers and creeks flooded all around us.  I think it is worse this time around though.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: May 01, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »

Klaas,  here is a video of that building floating down the interstate with the cars:

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=12410801

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1511 on: May 01, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

Where  is CBB's link to her avi's?  I have looked everywhere.   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1512 on: May 01, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

Stay safe Blue Moon

Just turned on the weather channel and it's a Mess out there. From parts of LO, KY, AL, TN and going towards GA and up north towards Ohio. It is terrible. All Monkeys in those areas please stay safe

I forgot AR they have so much flooding. One man said they had 12 inches of rain in 13 hours. Prayers to all the people in this storms path

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1513 on: May 01, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »

Blue Moon it's in the Monkey Lounge under Spring Avi's about half way down the page.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: May 01, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

Blue Moon it's in the Monkey Lounge under Spring Avi's about half way down the page.

Thanks.  I looked everywhere.   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1515 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »

I do that all the time

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: May 01, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »

I do that all the time

Well, I've mucked up a post about the Easter/Spring Avi's three four times now...  

Not everyone had a "Spring Avi", some had Easter ones.  The next holiday would be Memorial Day for Avi's? 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:59:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1517 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »

I do that all the time

Well, I've mucked up a post about the Easter/Spring Avi's three four times now...  

Not everyone had a "Spring Avi", some had Easter ones.  The next holiday would be Memorial Day for Avi's? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1518 on: May 01, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »

I do that all the time

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1519 on: May 01, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »

We are now under a Tornado watch until 5am Sunday.  IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG NIGHT.  Also a flood warning for our local river. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.