April 26, 2024, 05:37:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543227 times)
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1560 on: May 04, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »

Klaas,
Your Petey is unbelievably cute. I want to kiss his little face a million times but my lips aren't long enough!
In that video, he looks like he is thinking, wow, when did my water bowl get sooooooo big.

My pup MaxMonkey will pick up his baby pool if it is empty and run with it, then he flips it onto/over him like a turtle, and he runs around the yard until it blows off of him or runs into something before I can stop him. He trained me to keep it full or put it away! But the little legs running under the pool makes me almost pee myself.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1561 on: May 04, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »

Wow!  NM your words really helped put things in perspective.  I did call my mom and the baptism is still on.  I just really have the worst luck with men and I try so hard...still no success.  So I am going to focus on my children and myself.  CAN...I know that things will be ok because I survived mortar attacks (if you could hear the incoming you were still alive and if you didn't you were dead...hahaha...still kicking) and I had a rocket zoom over my head and hit an ambulance behind me...which did lead to tragedy for others unfortunately, but I survived.  And I am thankful for each day.  That is what being in a war zone taught me...each day is a beautiful thing.  So I am going to enjoy my new baby girl and the arrival of my other two daughters for the summer.  Things just seemed momentarily overwhelming, real life is sometimes a real bitch and a war zone at times seems easier.  I know that sounds strange but all you have to do over there is your job and survive...all meals, living quarters and laundry are provided.  And I do have one of the most unique jobs ever.   So, I will be ok.  Sometimes when your own life is in shambles it is hard to see the gold hidden amidst the rubble.  Thank you monkeys for reminding me to keep my chin up and to get into the backhoe and clear that crap!!!

P.S.  She was a 7lb 10 oz girl...arrived to greet the world in less than 4 minutes and three pushes!  And she has the most amazing eyelashes...thanks to her father.  I know that he is overwhelmed.  And he is free to make his decisions in life...(sigh)...I just wish those decisions had included us...well...you win some, you lose some...at least I took the chance!
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1562 on: May 04, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »

Novella,
Yippie!!!!!
So good to read your post! I apologize I had the wrong gender on your sweet new baby.  You've got so much on the ball. And stop trying so hard to find a guy!  You don't need to and it puts too much stress on you.
As Ceasar Millan, the dog Whisperer says, Dogs Men respond best to a calm, strong, confident and assertive woman.
Be the Pack Leader, but let him think he is!

Oh, pick your next boyfriend (not too soon though) like you would pick the soldier you would go into battle with.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1563 on: May 04, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »

Petey got a new swimming pool and he's not sure what to make of it    Click on the picture below for a short video 

hahahaha....this is just what I needed..a Petey Video....he does seem to be wondering what she want me to do with this!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1564 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »

Novella,

You are a very courageous person - I can tell. I don't know if what I write to you will offer any condolences to your feelings .. I can only offer what I have experienced.
Trying to put it in a nutshell. I was with my Daughter " a single pregnant woman 23 yrs old" - Her Dad emotionally and physically left when I told him I was Pg.  I at the time had known him for over ten years -however we were not in a established relationship when I became pg. I went thru the entire pregnancy emotionally " alone". Which really in essence looking back it was the best thing.  What I wanted to get to - was again my pregnancy. I had major health issues (Placenta Previa) with the pregnancy and was forced to quit my one job, and subsequently was laid off from my main office job (nothing to do with me/everyone was laid off)  and then I was told to stay in bed. Well I lost my freedom, I could not work, had to suck up and move back with my parents.  I had nothing at all. Nada Zip but ONE Belly growing ...... Time came for my due date. Well it passed ..and I swore I thought I was going to sprout another set of legs and arms. This Baby was never going to come out.
11 days past my due date - I went to the hospital at 11pm. I had braxton hicks really bad. I still had my plug intact, everything. My OB/GYN said after tests  - time to be induced. 22 hours later - My Beautiful Baby Girl entered this World. Perfect Healthy and Beautiful.
I had her on New Years Eve and by the luck of the draw - I was in a semi private room. The bed next to me was empty. I fell asleep for a bit and woke up to hear my new roommate.
Her name was Angela. She had a beautiful perfect Son named Anthony.  Whew I am getting tearful writing this.  Angela was flown in from Iraq - on leave. She was highly ranked in the military. She had her Son here in Detroit, because her Parents resided here. Her Fiance was stationed in Turkey and could not be in Detroit for his son's birth.
She was stealth omg. She gained 14lbs with her pregnancy - and he Anthony weighed almost 11 lbs. She was solid Health that woman - muscles and all. She said it was from carrying backpacks on her body - all those years in the military. I watched put on her size 5 pants .. when she was sick of wearing her gown. 
Her parents came to see Anthony in the room. She Angela was wearing pink satin pjs - and I remember her holding him - she didn't care that the curtain was open between us. That I saw her family etc..  I remember trying to stare at the tv hanging from the ceiling .. " Trying to Mind my own Business" but it was hard. There were 4 extra people talking right next to me. They all rejoiced in his birth and they were all so happy. Then the conversation changed and they started talking business. Angela had her papers and she was booked out on a flight - the next day. She was discussing arrangements of Anthony's life with her parents. She was straight telling her Mother and Father - If I do not come home from Iraq these are my wishes. And then she declared to her Mother/Father wiping tears -You have all my legal papers and etc.. 
There was NOT a DRY EYE in that Room. Including me - I was crying along with them.
I will never ever forget Angela or Anthony. I do recall was days after being sent home with my Daughter. She must have been a week old or so. Watching TV and Peter Jennings came on and said We have Declared War in Iraq - Jan 1991. All I could think about was " Was Angela Safe?"  I think she is one of the most strongest women I have ever met in my life.
So Novella I guess within all your years of being a Woman Warrior and Being in the Military and Knowing the reality of it all.  You are Blessed, Alive, now with this Beautiful Brand New Life in your hands. The time is to think of the Present. Yes we all reflect on the past, don't we. We would not be human if we did not. Sometimes Novella starting from scratch is better than picking up where you left off.
Sending you Hope, a HUG and Peace for your mind and soul.  I think your new Baby is re-gifting you " Life"    Congratulations Mommy ~ You have friends here No worries.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A5ORn5MT0cg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/A5ORn5MT0cg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1565 on: May 04, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show:

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1566 on: May 04, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

We are now under a Tornado watch until 5am Sunday.  IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG NIGHT.  Also a flood warning for our local river. 

Blue Moon, I am not finished reading this but I am so worried about the people in the flood zones.  My heart and prayers go out to all of you.  I feel terribly that I was complaining about 94*, please forgive me.

Don't feel bad. I think 94 deg.'s would have been nice.  I feel sooooooo bad for all those people also.  We had 10 inches of rain here, Nashville had 15 inches.  The lives lost and they are still finding victims as the water is starting to reside.  We had bad flooding also, lots of houses under water, numerous roads cut off and we had 4 people to lose their lives.  They each drove right into the water.  I cannot comprehend how someone would drive into water so deep.  The rivers and creeks overflowed the banks and the water rose above the bridges.  It was scarey.  My son barely made it home when the creek on the main road overflowed the banks and covered the twin bridges and the road was closed.  The last time we had flooding this bad was back in 1969.  For Nashville it was back the 1930's.  The Opryland Hotel was flooded out and they had to evacuate 1500 people to a high school.  The OpryMills outlet mall (I love this place) was flooded out. I read a country singer (Julia Roberts) was rescued from her two story home before the waters overtook the 2nd floor of her home.  It is just so sad.  AND I have yet to hear from my friend in Memphis.  No response at all.  I am extremely worried about her and her 80 year old father.  Where I live our city is pretty much built on top of the Mammoth Cave system.  We have a cave here that is a tourist attraction and it is totally under water.  All our county parks are built along creek's and one on the river and all of those parks are under water.  I could go on and on but it want change what has happened to so many people.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1567 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »

Thank you Deenie.  I guess, for me, that life is my normal and it is addictive.  I find the day to day in this reality far more difficult.  There are so many intrusions, you do not just do your job.  Here you have to worry about your children, the house, the bills, your job, the lawn, pets, laundry, cleaning and the car.  It seems like you can never just be alone with your thoughts like you can be when you are down range.  Everything grabs at you here, demands your attention, and when you do not pay enough attention, chaos insues.  It is a different chaos down range...there it is life and death...which I am sure to some that might be insane, but I find that much more cut and dry because there are no illusions and people just are the way they are...they are surviving.  When you come back from those places, there are so many shades of gray and it is very difficult to readjust.  A lot of us just prefer to go back down range rather than deal with this existence here.  Of course, it is the addictive nature of some of our jobs.  I do not know how stay at home moms do it.  I think this country short changes these women because being a parent and keeping the home fires burning is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, in fact, I would rather question a suicide bomber than run a household because the housework never ends!!!!

Thank you for your beautiful words. Talk about warriors...what a labor you had...I could not even imagine that!!! an angelic monkey     
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1568 on: May 04, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »

Hi novella, it's good to hear from you!
The wise Monkey NM had some very wise things to say to you.
I have no doubt, you will fare well.  Your strength comes through in your words.
Adjustment and transition take time.
Hope you enjoy basking in the delight of your wee baby girl with your family on the weekend.
Take care.
can  an angelic monkey

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1569 on: May 05, 2010, 12:24:24 AM »

Novella

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtUMa0FtuWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DtUMa0FtuWY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I truly cannot understand nor speak for you or your feelings ( your experiences) I though am acquainted with the Gray you speak of. My Dad was a Corpsman in Korea. He served 6 yrs in the Navy.  I know of the " Gray" through his words you speak of. He had PTSD for his entire lifetime. Its so humbling that it is almost as straight as a line you can draw on paper - no beginning no end. Yet the clarity is outstanding.  He passed away last year. That is how I feel as his Daughter. I cannot though express what he truly felt or went through inside his own mind/heart.
I hope you have resources to help you out from time to time -
I only know how hard it is to take care of One child and those years were spent in an Apt. Where you didn't have to be responsible for the yard, household issues were taken care by maintenance. Was not a thought nor a burden. I don't think I would have been able to balance a " House" and my child, work etc..  all by myself. 
I look forward to your next posts Novella.  My thoughts are with you Sister.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1570 on: May 05, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

Deenie 
What a wonderful post for Novella. You are so right about looking forward instead of backwards and what was.

I haven't finished granddaughters quilt. For a couple reasons when they moved in with us I lost my craft room. So big projects are on hold. That I had couldn't find the right fabric for the backing. I knew in my head what I wanted I just couldn't find it. I finely found it a couple nights ago and got it. So when it gets here I will have every thing to finish it. Not sure when that will be. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1571 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

Hello monkeys! 

Am wondering if anyone can help me with a site for criminal background checks. I had one bookmarked that gives them for free but I don't think it's accurate. The person I need checked has a record and it's not showing on this site.

I know I've seen them posted before but have never really needed to use one so I didn't save it. And I've run across some that have a small fee for a one time use, but didn't save them either and now I can't find any. Google is not my friend. 

Anyway, appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks bunches! 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1572 on: May 05, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »

94 degrees!  Yuck!

I adore your Green Sparkly Frog, I saw the fun critter on Brandi's page. Did you create the jazzy frog?

Nope, I found him in my photobucket, must have put him in there some time ago.  Do you want him?  He's yours!

Goodmorning Bearlyhere,

Thank-you for your response. I wuv that lit' frog, so simple and beautiful. I can not accept anymore beautiful art at the present time or I will slap myself silly. 

I will remember the frog and his sparkles, I will store his sparkles in my memory bank.  ::MonkeyHaHa::very charming.

I like him too, but I am willing to share.  Let me know if you want me to post him again.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1573 on: May 05, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »

Novella, you have it tough, but you are tougher.  I feel for you, but I see in you a strong woman with a great heart who will be able to wipe the blackboard clean and start fresh.

I had a stalker when I became pregnant.  It was tough, he was a hunter and had a lot of guns.  He showed up everywhere I was.  I met my son's father while trying to find a place to go and relax where I could not be found.  My son's Dad left when my son was 6 weeks old.  He has never given us anything towards my son's care.  My son is now 16 years old and we have made it together this long.  There have been some hard spots, but there have been many bright spots, too.  One thing about being a single parent, there is not one to argue with you over the care of your child.  You get to do it your way.

As far as a boyfriend, I was thinking you are trying too hard.  You seem to be the one who is doing all the giving to support the relationship.  What kind of man would leave his partner and his daughter because they are in a position where they may be unsafe.  What kind of friend, let alone boyfriend doesn't have your back?  He may have been a boy, but he is no friend.  He wanted to have a child but aside from a little sperm donating, did not have what it takes to be a Father.

Please don't try so hard to make someone into a boyfriend.  It will happen and will happen naturally when the time is right.  Right now it is time to be a Mommy and that time is so fleeting.  Soon, your little girl will be independent and you will wonder where the time went.  You are the lucky one, you are the one who stayed.  He left the best possible thing that could ever happen to him.  You will find someone better and stronger, you will have his back, but he will have yours also.

My stalker has since passed away.  My son's father has moved on to other relationships.  Coincidentally, he left two other Moms when their babies were 6 weeks old.  He just never was man enough to be a father or a dad.  Your ex is just using your stalker as an excuse.

Best of luck with everything, but I can tell from your post that you are a strong woman.  Yes, life, housework, and bills are hard.  You can start at a level you feel comfortable with.  You can always hire someone to do the lawn and the housework, but you can't hire anyone to be your daughter's Mom, that is your job and you will love it.  Trust me.

Please check in with us, Monkeys do care.

I believe in miracles!
khheather
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1574 on: May 05, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »

Hi--Anyone that can help--please excuse the off topic, but I am trying to get in touch w/ Klaasend since she is an administrator but I cannot access a PM from her profile page. I actually just need to get in touch w/ any admin. A friend of mine submitted a registration April 13th but has not heard back or had her account activated. Can anyone tell me what to do for her?

sorry for the OFF TOPIC   

THANK YOU!!!!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1575 on: May 05, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »

Hi--Anyone that can help--please excuse the off topic, but I am trying to get in touch w/ Klaasend since she is an administrator but I cannot access a PM from her profile page. I actually just need to get in touch w/ any admin. A friend of mine submitted a registration April 13th but has not heard back or had her account activated. Can anyone tell me what to do for her?

sorry for the OFF TOPIC   

THANK YOU!!!!!   

I posted in the other thread, lol....

smklaas@hotmail.com

But if you tell me what nickname she registered under I will approve her.  We have over 500 waiting and I mostly approve these days when I get a special request.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1576 on: May 06, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »

Hey beautiful Green Eyes, we are finally on at the same time!  How are you and your family doing?

Mr. Green

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1577 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:18 AM »

Hey beautiful Green Eyes, we are finally on at the same time!  How are you and your family doing?

Mr. Green

Hi Miss Bearly,

Hows my favorite Bear doing? Mr Green Eyes is doing well. Still limited with what he can do. But feeling better. He actually took oldest grandson fishing last week end. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1578 on: May 06, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »

94 degrees!  Yuck!

Thank-you Bearlyhere, will you please post your sparkly frog again?  could you give him or her a nickname?

I like full written directions! 

I adore your Green Sparkly Frog, I saw the fun critter on Brandi's page. Did you create the jazzy frog?

Nope, I found him in my photobucket, must have put him in there some time ago.  Do you want him?  He's yours!

Goodmorning Bearlyhere,

Thank-you for your response. I wuv that lit' frog, so simple and beautiful. I can not accept anymore beautiful art at the present time or I will slap myself silly. 

I will remember the frog and his sparkles, I will store his sparkles in my memory bank.  ::MonkeyHaHa::very charming.

I like him too, but I am willing to share.  Let me know if you want me to post him again.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1579 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »

Bearlyhere,

Could you kindly post your sparkly frog, please?  Thank-you.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.