April 26, 2024, 03:56:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543252 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1580 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »

Hey beautiful Green Eyes, we are finally on at the same time!  How are you and your family doing?

Mr. Green

Hi Miss Bearly,

Hows my favorite Bear doing? Mr Green Eyes is doing well. Still limited with what he can do. But feeling better. He actually took oldest grandson fishing last week end. 

Fishing with Poppop was always my favorite thing to do.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1581 on: May 06, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »

Bearlyhere,

Could you kindly post your sparkly frog, please?  Thank-you.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1582 on: May 06, 2010, 06:01:48 PM »

Bearlyhere,

I made a smaller one in case anyone wants it.  I love this frog Bearly! 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1583 on: May 06, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »

Bearlyhere,

Thanks, Klaas!  It is cute little like that.

Wow!  I didn't realize how big the mouth was until I saw it small, that is one big mouth!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:35:47 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1584 on: May 07, 2010, 01:23:20 AM »

Deenie 
What a wonderful post for Novella. You are so right about looking forward instead of backwards and what was.

I haven't finished granddaughters quilt. For a couple reasons when they moved in with us I lost my craft room. So big projects are on hold. That I had couldn't find the right fabric for the backing. I knew in my head what I wanted I just couldn't find it. I finely found it a couple nights ago and got it. So when it gets here I will have every thing to finish it. Not sure when that will be. 

Green Eyes
I know a quilt is a huge endeavor. Not that I have made one. I can sew a button back on Smile My Grandma would make them. She lived in a Senior Apt. Omg when a quilt was being created " Her entire living room" was consumed. With the stand, the cloth pieces, the big Mag light ...the sewing essentials. And just like you said " If it wasn't right, she would stop too- It had to be just right" ... When you do finish the Purple quilt you must take photos and share  an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1585 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:42 AM »

Novella, you have it tough, but you are tougher.  I feel for you, but I see in you a strong woman with a great heart who will be able to wipe the blackboard clean and start fresh.

I had a stalker when I became pregnant.  It was tough, he was a hunter and had a lot of guns.  He showed up everywhere I was.  I met my son's father while trying to find a place to go and relax where I could not be found.  My son's Dad left when my son was 6 weeks old.  He has never given us anything towards my son's care.  My son is now 16 years old and we have made it together this long.  There have been some hard spots, but there have been many bright spots, too.  One thing about being a single parent, there is not one to argue with you over the care of your child.  You get to do it your way.

As far as a boyfriend, I was thinking you are trying too hard.  You seem to be the one who is doing all the giving to support the relationship.  What kind of man would leave his partner and his daughter because they are in a position where they may be unsafe.  What kind of friend, let alone boyfriend doesn't have your back?  He may have been a boy, but he is no friend.  He wanted to have a child but aside from a little sperm donating, did not have what it takes to be a Father.

Please don't try so hard to make someone into a boyfriend.  It will happen and will happen naturally when the time is right.  Right now it is time to be a Mommy and that time is so fleeting.  Soon, your little girl will be independent and you will wonder where the time went.  You are the lucky one, you are the one who stayed.  He left the best possible thing that could ever happen to him.  You will find someone better and stronger, you will have his back, but he will have yours also.

My stalker has since passed away.  My son's father has moved on to other relationships.  Coincidentally, he left two other Moms when their babies were 6 weeks old.  He just never was man enough to be a father or a dad.  Your ex is just using your stalker as an excuse.

Best of luck with everything, but I can tell from your post that you are a strong woman.  Yes, life, housework, and bills are hard.  You can start at a level you feel comfortable with.  You can always hire someone to do the lawn and the housework, but you can't hire anyone to be your daughter's Mom, that is your job and you will love it.  Trust me.

Please check in with us, Monkeys do care.

Bearly 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1586 on: May 07, 2010, 01:35:32 AM »

Bearlyhere,

Oh the little Froggy is so Cute - Both Big and Little are Cute. I love Frogs and Turtles.
If they are alive though lol... I prefer Toads. I can hold onto a toad ...froggies are a little too ewe for me. Very Cute Icon ..since its allowed I will copy/save it Smile

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1587 on: May 07, 2010, 11:53:33 AM »

Bearlyhere,

Oh the little Froggy is so Cute - Both Big and Little are Cute. I love Frogs and Turtles.
If they are alive though lol... I prefer Toads. I can hold onto a toad ...froggies are a little too ewe for me. Very Cute Icon ..since its allowed I will copy/save it Smile

Bearly,

You make me laugh with the silly frog!  Thank-you, I will also keep him or her, what a fun little guy.  I like the larger style,

thank-you for minimalizing the art, it is wonderful to put it on stationary for a pick me up.  Art is really such a nice outlet.

Thank-you to you and to whoever created the frog, cyber hugs to them!!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1588 on: May 07, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »

Bearly,

Cyber hugs to you, too!!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1589 on: May 07, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20100506/US.Lettuce.Recall/

FDA investigating E. coli at Ariz. lettuce farm

WASHINGTON — Federal investigators are looking at a farm in Yuma, Ariz., as a possible source of a widespread E. coli outbreak in romaine lettuce, according to the distributor.

Freshway Foods of Sidney, Ohio, said Thursday it recalled lettuce sold in 23 states and the District of Columbia because of a possible link to an E. coli outbreak that has sickened at least 19 people — three with life-threatening illness.

College students at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Ohio State in Columbus and Daemen College in Amherst, N.Y., are among those affected by the outbreak, according to health departments in those states.

<snip>

The lettuce was sold in Alabama, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

FDA spokesman Ira Allen would not confirm that the source was in Arizona, but said the investigation has focused on a farm.

"Experience tells us that the point of contamination is likely at the farm level, which can then be spread during the entire processing chain," Allen said.

Freshway Foods said it was recalling romaine lettuce sold under the Freshway and Imperial Sysco brands. No contamination was found at the company's processing plant, according to the FDA.

The New York state Public Health Laboratory discovered the contamination in a bag of Freshway Foods shredded romaine lettuce on Wednesday. Local authorities had been investigating an outbreak for several weeks. The bag of lettuce came from a processing facility that was also linked to the illnesses, the FDA said. The agency would not disclose the name of that facility.

The most common strain of E. coli found in U.S. patients is E. coli O157. The CDC said the strain linked to the lettuce, E. coli 0145, is more difficult to identify and may go unreported.

<snip>

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: May 07, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

Bearly,

Cyber hugs to you, too!!

You're welcome!  There is a lot going on with that frog.  There are big sparkly eyes, a huge smile with a heart tongue, welcoming open arms, and a sparkling personality.  He is a FGF (Feel Good Frog)!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1591 on: May 07, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »

Deenie 
What a wonderful post for Novella. You are so right about looking forward instead of backwards and what was.

I haven't finished granddaughters quilt. For a couple reasons when they moved in with us I lost my craft room. So big projects are on hold. That I had couldn't find the right fabric for the backing. I knew in my head what I wanted I just couldn't find it. I finely found it a couple nights ago and got it. So when it gets here I will have every thing to finish it. Not sure when that will be. 

Green Eyes
I know a quilt is a huge endeavor. Not that I have made one. I can sew a button back on Smile My Grandma would make them. She lived in a Senior Apt. Omg when a quilt was being created " Her entire living room" was consumed. With the stand, the cloth pieces, the big Mag light ...the sewing essentials. And just like you said " If it wasn't right, she would stop too- It had to be just right" ... When you do finish the Purple quilt you must take photos and share  an angelic monkey

Deenie, That's about it I have to use the dinner room table and leave everything up until I am finished. WIth everyone here can't do that. As the kitchen table isn't big enough for all of us to sit down and eat meals at. So will have to wait until they move out before I will be able to finish. Of course the boys want one too!  So have been getting fabric and stuff for theirs. But it's just to much to have to take everything out and then put it all away when they get home from school. When we moved here we bought a smaller place for just the two of us. I didn't want to spend all my time cleaning. With just the two of us it's just the right size. But it really got small with all of us living here.  When I finish the purple one I will post it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: May 07, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »

So after 6 months I decided it's time to wash Petey's bed.  Actually I'm going to get a new bigger one so the 2 of them can sleep in it comfortably.  But as soon as I put it together Petey got right in as if to say THANKS MOM! 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1593 on: May 08, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »

So after 6 months I decided it's time to wash Petey's bed.  Actually I'm going to get a new bigger one so the 2 of them can sleep in it comfortably.  But as soon as I put it together Petey got right in as if to say THANKS MOM! 

Awe your dog is So SWEET Klaas .. Looking mighty comfy  Smile I bought a bed similar for Deenie when she was Petey's age " Puppy" ..she loved it. Then she moved out of it - and plopped herself in mine/bed. My one cat found it " the Bed for Deenie " to be his new space. He slept in it for a few months ..at the foot of my Bed. I think he was patrolling .. not really enjoying the " Bed" - He was trying to figure out WHO  is this little brown furry that stole my Mamma from me. My two cats I have had since they were 5/6 wks old (today they are 8 and 11 yrs old)- they never met a DOG before I adopted Deenie 22 months ago. They still at times look at her like she is a UFO. They know she is not a CAT ..they at the same time can't figure out what she is. She is full grown at 9lbs. Dewey is around 15lbs and TT is huge - 30lbs + = BIG Boy. When I carry him, he wraps his legs around my hips ...his nickname Walrus fits him. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1594 on: May 08, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »

TT the Walrus ..
Just for all to see he is not obese - he is Just BIG ..  he is camera shy .. He will never look up or look into a camera. Darn it all.

Pic of him and my Daughter - taken 7 or so years ago - one of my fave photo's of Them Together.

Gotta Love the/Our Fur Babies - They make everything Alright in the World

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1595 on: May 08, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »

TT the Walrus ..
Just for all to see he is not obese - he is Just BIG ..  he is camera shy .. He will never look up or look into a camera. Darn it all.

Pic of him and my Daughter - taken 7 or so years ago - one of my fave photo's of Them Together.

Gotta Love the/Our Fur Babies - They make everything Alright in the World

Oh, he is so handsome!  When I was a teen we had a cat named Smokey that looked something like Walrus.  I love cats but my husband doesn't so we don't have any 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1596 on: May 08, 2010, 12:40:42 AM »

Thank You Klaas - He is the best ever BOY - He is Handsome.  He prior to being neutered -
He looked like a Charcoal Mountain Lion - he was so taught and Gigantic and HANDSOME.

He is so sweet, has not  one bad bone or thought in him. He talks too. Oh my gosh does he talk. He has a full blown vocabulary. He is cherished truly in my house. He is actually is more like a Dog in behavior. He red flags everything .. he comes and tells me if something is wrong.
This last winter he came to me and was just talking his brains out .. and hitting me over and over in my leg .. Like MOM I am trying to tell you something IMPORTANT. I said OK lets go show me ... He took me to the platform to go to the basement stairs and he kept chittering away.. and looking down the stairs. Talk Talk Talk .. and again hitting me. I turned on the light and went to the basement. Sure enough the basement was flooding up via the drain. Was about 3 inches of water standing.  After I found it and was Sighing and Swearing under my breath now what ... He looked at me with his eyes .. winking " Mission Accomplished" .. he is such a good boy.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »

Thank You Klaas - He is the best ever BOY - He is Handsome.  He prior to being neutered -
He looked like a Charcoal Mountain Lion - he was so taught and Gigantic and HANDSOME.

He is so sweet, has not  one bad bone or thought in him. He talks too. Oh my gosh does he talk. He has a full blown vocabulary. He is cherished truly in my house. He is actually is more like a Dog in behavior. He red flags everything .. he comes and tells me if something is wrong.
This last winter he came to me and was just talking his brains out .. and hitting me over and over in my leg .. Like MOM I am trying to tell you something IMPORTANT. I said OK lets go show me ... He took me to the platform to go to the basement stairs and he kept chittering away.. and looking down the stairs. Talk Talk Talk .. and again hitting me. I turned on the light and went to the basement. Sure enough the basement was flooding up via the drain. Was about 3 inches of water standing.  After I found it and was Sighing and Swearing under my breath now what ... He looked at me with his eyes .. winking " Mission Accomplished" .. he is such a good boy.

Wow, he is a smart one!  Yeah that's how our Smokey was too, just a big sweet guy.  Smokey wasn't as smart as Walrus though 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1598 on: May 08, 2010, 01:02:28 AM »

Wow, he is a smart one!  Yeah that's how our Smokey was too, just a big sweet guy.  Smokey wasn't as smart as Walrus though 
He amazes me all the time Wink He is like a built in " security" .. my other cat " Dewey" he is my Nightmare child lol. He is so unpredictable. He likes to snuggle with me. He is so demented. He has this thing ..I don't quite understand it. He likes to push his head against me when I am laying down.  Where ever he can put his head he pushes me like a steam roller.  And Drewls .. uck. So after I adopted Deenie ..he has become 2nd so to speak. Because Deenie sleeps with me. She is so little, she lays her head next to mine or is glued to me.
Dewey can't stand it. So he tries to be sneaky about it. He purrs and gets real close to Deenie and he starts pushing his head into her body ... and sometimes even licks her. Deenie's ears are flat back to her head .. She doesn't know IS he being nice or ?? - He has became flippant a few times..he is licking her and with in a millisecond - He will Bite her EAR hard. So every time he starts his steam rolling of head pushing - I have to keep my hand in between his head and Deenie. His nickname is Nemesis 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1599 on: May 08, 2010, 01:13:22 AM »

Klaas,
Deenie when she was a Puppy. Her birthday is June 2. She will be 2 next month. I cannot believe she is going to be 2. In this photo I think she was about 4-5 months old. When I adopted her 6wks she weighed under 2lbs. Her's a Chiweenie. Petey is Huge compared to her at the almost  "same age".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.