March 28, 2024, 01:59:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542213 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1640 on: May 13, 2010, 03:52:57 AM »

Things that make you go Hmmm. Sigh. 

Today I stopped my procrastination. I was to re-new my Driver's License but a month ago. I would have done it online without question - NO problem. I did renew- my registration /plate tabs online prior to my birthday.  All good. I went today to pay for my Driver's license to be renewed. First I went online to find out if my local branch excepted a debit card. It stated YES we do.
So I went up to the office, stood in line for 15 mins. I asked first before presenting my information ... Do you expect a debit card to renew a " Driver's License". She said OH no. No not unless it is a personal check or cash.     She said we do have a " ATM" in our office and she pointed to it - 50 yards away.  She said you have to fill this out and after you use the ATM - you can come back to " that line" over there.....20 ppl long.
UMkay. So I go to use the ATM, Fill out the little piece of paper. Which asks me if I have had any seizures or lack of coherence episodes while driving in the last 6 months " Check Yes or No ".. hmm. They as well wanted me to fill in: my eye color, height, weight and my social security number. Hmm. Ok - so back in line I stand for another 20 mins or so. My number finally called.  Me num-num even thought of this while standing in line.  Since I have had my same D.L. forever. Somehow I was opted out within address changes that I did not have to renew the last required time ... Anyway I thought to myself .. UM I bet they are going to Eye test me. I didn't have my eyeglasses on me. Why? because I have no clue where they are. I rarely wear them .. I am not one to wear my glasses all the time. I prefer to be blind I guess.

The woman said after reading my "filled in paper" receiving all my proper papers - she pointed at that optic box .. PUT you face against the top, press your forehead in and READ the line  she pointed with her pencil - and READ me the first line.  Holy Fudge, I said I cannot read it. I told her I left my glasses at home. She got a whipped stitched and said WELL I cannot issue YOU a driver's license. She said You have to go home and find your " eyeglasses" - or get a prescription for a pair of eyeglasses - Until then WE " State of MI"  will not renew your License. Well alrighty then. Good enough. OMG- I almost thought she was going to revoke my license. I thought I drove up here, to the office, fine enough.  I still have no clue where my glasses are .. not the first time I have misplaced them. Uggh.  I went up to Target and made an appt for Eye exam right after - since I still have no clue where my eyeglasses are. I can't believe this. Yes I do understand the " If your blind you should not be driving" - But its not that I am totally blind. Fudge Bunnies - I swear .. to renew my Driver's license is going to cost me a pretty penny.  Even if I find my eyeglasses the script is over 5 yrs old. Possibly why I do not wear them all the time, they no longer benefit me.  Scratching my head.
Trials of being a Monkey.   

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »

Yikes, Deenie, you better wear your glasses.  If you should get in an accident and it is not your fault, they will blame it on you because your license specifically says you need to wear them.  I would hate to see you lose the house you have been working so hard on.  Besides, if you ever hit anyone or a pet, you would never forgive yourself, always wondering if you would not have done it if you had your glasses on.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1643 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: May 13, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »

A BLAST FROM THE PAST

klaasend
 Lively Case Discussion #482 6/28 - 6/29/2006
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 09:46:58 AM »

This morning Tom set up these forums for us:

Monkey Lounge
Missing Persons
Political

THANKS TOM!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=11.msg3064#msg3064

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1645 on: May 13, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »

Your fast Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1646 on: May 13, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »

Deenie ... you are a hoot.

Are you related to Erma Bombeck.

an angelic monkey

Janet   

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1647 on: May 13, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »

Yikes, Deenie, you better wear your glasses.  If you should get in an accident and it is not your fault, they will blame it on you because your license specifically says you need to wear them.  I would hate to see you lose the house you have been working so hard on.  Besides, if you ever hit anyone or a pet, you would never forgive yourself, always wondering if you would not have done it if you had your glasses on.

So, true, Bearly.  I surrendered my driver's license 4 years ago because of a vision impairment that can't be helped with glasses.  It was my choice.  It got to the point where I was taking the long route home just to avoid traffic situations my vision couldn't handle.  The couple of years before I stopped driving, I only drove locally and that, too, became a white knuckle event so I finally gave in.  I just couldn't 'bear' the thought of hurting anyone or myself.

Now, I have to renew my non-driver ID with the Motor Vehicle Commission...(still want to call it NJDMV...whatever).   They have a 6 point Identification requirement to renew here.  Last time, I had what I thought was enough but I had laminated my Social Security card many, many years ago....that's a no-no....they wouldn't accept it.  Luckily, the check I wrote out had my name and address and they accepted that.  THEN, I had to wait on another line to get my pic taken.  It took a while.  Needless to say, I am not happy I have to go there every 4 years to get a new digital ID. 

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/6PointID.htm

I also heard earlier this week that our Gov. Christie plans to eliminate safety inspections on vehicles....I think they said many other states do not require it.  We've always had it here.  Personally, I think it's alarming that the rules are different from state to state. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1648 on: May 13, 2010, 04:33:56 PM »

Muffy, 2NJ, Klaas -- any mod HELP!
Would you start a gratefulness candle for Ethan Stacy please.  I am not good at doing this and I so want it right.  Many thanks.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1649 on: May 13, 2010, 05:00:01 PM »

Muffy, 2NJ, Klaas -- any mod HELP!
Would you start a gratefulness candle for Ethan Stacy please.  I am not good at doing this and I so want it right.  Many thanks.

Sure, we will get it started and create a thread.

Looks like 2NJ just set it up!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=54.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:20:13 PM by klaasend » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1650 on: May 13, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »

O/T

Missing, Exploited and True Crime
Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled

Topic: Ethan Stacy, 4yr old, found dead

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7800.0

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43:27 PM »

Missing Utah Boy Found Murdered: Ethan Stacy Killed By Mom and Step Dad
Posted May 13, 2010 by Klaasend

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/05/13/missing-utah-boy-found-murdered-ethan-stacy-killed-by-mom-and-step-dad/#comments

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1652 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/05/13/missing-utah-boy-found-murdered-ethan-stacy-killed-by-mom-and-step-dad/

Missing Utah Boy Found Murdered: Ethan Stacy Killed By Mom and Step Dad

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1653 on: May 13, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »

hey everyone,

im not really sure where to post this but i really need some advice...

i have been stalked by the same guy for the past 5 years.  this person went to the same college as me and we had some mutual friends. he was always very weird tho and followed my friends around all through college.  i was always nice to him because i felt bad for him, but that was it. we were only ever friends and after it became clear to me that he was obsessed with me, i tried to cut off the friendship however he would never stop.  he would trheaten to hurt himself if i didnt talk to him..etc..

anyway, i was always civil towards him but he has been slowly losing his mind more and more over the years.  the final straw occured when he decided to attend law school literally down the street from my house.  this was strange to me, especially since he is not from my area but chose this school to go to. it really freaked me out.

ever since he has moved to my area, he has been constantly asking me to hang out.  i always say no and then he becomes extremely angry.  in his mind, he believes him and i are in a relationship and it is very disturbing.  i have gotten phone calls and emails from people saying that he tells them i am his girlfriend and all other sorts of things.  these people even told me they fear for my safety because he is so psychotic about me. 

finally, after the situation escalated in the past week, and  i got emails from people saying they fear for my safety, i called the police.  An officer contacted him and told him that if he contacts me or comes near me again, he will be arrested. 

his response to this, was to send out a mass email to everyone i am friends with on facebook (yes he went through and sent this to all my friends) about all of these horrible things about me.  my phone was ringing off the hook all day with people asking me who this crazy person was.  the things he said were extremely disturbing, so disturbing i couldnt even read the message.  it was disgusting.  my friends reported it to facebook, and i called the police who made me feel horrible and told me to get off facebook and that there was nothing they could do.

i am so upset, i dont even know what the best thing to do is right now. do you guys have any suggestions?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1654 on: May 13, 2010, 09:54:54 PM »

NOTICE:

Tomorrow should be a busy day in the forum with the hearing in the John A. Gardener III hearing in San Diego.  Just a warning to let you guys know that at 1pm pacific time tomorrow there may be some downtime if the forum gets too busy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: May 13, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »

hey everyone,

i have been stalked by the same guy for the past 5 years.  this person went to the same college as me and we had some mutual friends. he was always very weird tho and followed my friends around all through college.  i was always nice to him because i felt bad for him, but that was it. we were only ever friends and after it became clear to me that he was obsessed with me, i tried to cut off the friendship however he would never stop.  he would trheaten to hurt himself if i didnt talk to him..etc..

anyway, i was always civil towards him but he has been slowly losing his mind more and more over the years.  the final straw occured when he decided to attend law school literally down the street from my house.  this was strange to me, especially since he is not from my area but chose this school to go to. it really freaked me out.

ever since he has moved to my area, he has been constantly asking me to hang out.  i always say no and then he becomes extremely angry.  in his mind, he believes him and i are in a relationship and it is very disturbing.  i have gotten phone calls and emails from people saying that he tells them i am his girlfriend and all other sorts of things.  these people even told me they fear for my safety because he is so psychotic about me. 

finally, after the situation escalated in the past week, and  i got emails from people saying they fear for my safety, i called the police.  An officer contacted him and told him that if he contacts me or comes near me again, he will be arrested. 

his response to this, was to send out a mass email to everyone i am friends with on facebook (yes he went through and sent this to all my friends) about all of these horrible things about me.  my phone was ringing off the hook all day with people asking me who this crazy person was.  the things he said were extremely disturbing, so disturbing i couldnt even read the message.  it was disgusting.  my friends reported it to facebook, and i called the police who made me feel horrible and told me to get off facebook and that there was nothing they could do.

i am so upset, i dont even know what the best thing to do is right now. do you guys have any suggestions?

If you don't already have a dog, GET ONE.  A big mean looking one, a BARKER.  One that will warn you if someone is there.  Go to the pound, or borrow a friends dog. 

You need to keep bugging the police.  They need to see what he's doing, the stuff he's sending on Facebook.  If one won't listen go to someone else.  See if there is a womens shelter in your area and see if they have an advocates that can help you get police to believe you. 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1656 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »

hey everyone,

If you don't already have a dog, GET ONE.  A big mean looking one, a BARKER.  One that will warn you if someone is there.  Go to the pound, or borrow a friends dog. 

You need to keep bugging the police.  They need to see what he's doing, the stuff he's sending on Facebook.  If one won't listen go to someone else.  See if there is a womens shelter in your area and see if they have an advocates that can help you get police to believe you. 

thank you for your response klaas.... you would think bc im a social worker i would know these things but its so hard when its your own situation... i am getting a new golden retriever puppy in june but somehow i dont think thats a good barking dog..

i will take your adivice and i made sure to copy everything...i told the cop this and he laughed and told me that if any judge saw this they would throw it out of court, he also told me not to call back about things involving "facebook"...it was very disturbing, thank you for your support though Smile
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1657 on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »

hey everyone,

thank you for your response klaas.... you would think bc im a social worker i would know these things but its so hard when its your own situation... i am getting a new golden retriever puppy in june but somehow i dont think thats a good barking dog..

i will take your adivice and i made sure to copy everything...i told the cop this and he laughed and told me that if any judge saw this they would throw it out of court, he also told me not to call back about things involving "facebook"...it was very disturbing, thank you for your support though Smile
YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY LETTING AS MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION AS POSSIBLE.
Please avoid dark areas or places with few people. Keep your guard up!!

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:22 AM »

Sunshine12,

Take out a restraining order against him if you haven't already.  Document everything!  To hell with the officer that said not to call back with Facebook issues.  Print out the messages and take them with you to the police station and contact a local attorney that does free consultations.

Klaas and Wreck have both given you excellent advice.  An advocate could really help and you won't feel like you're dealing with this alone.

All I can really add is do your best to have someone with you at all times.  At least for the next few days/week until this settles down, have your friends take shifts if you have to as their schedules allow.  Don't stick to your usual schedule or be predictable as to where you'll be when, if that makes sense.

You can also find a store that sells pepper spray if you think you could use it on him if needed.

Keep us posted, ok?  Just check in now and then and let us know you're all right.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »

too darn cute !! love that!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.