April 24, 2024, 05:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543112 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1760 on: May 27, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »

Not sure, but we might could use a mod to direct traffic in the Haleigh thread plzzzz.

On my way, Wyks.......... thx for the heads up!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1761 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:34 AM »

Not sure, but we might could use a mod to direct traffic in the Haleigh thread plzzzz.

Thx CBB!     Have been sitting on my hands in there ever since a seeming out-of-control monkey came careening thru the thread.  Then panicked when I realized that as a monkey, I could still type with my feet.      

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1762 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »

Hey CBB I see you up there on the branch.  How did you do with all that rain a couple weeks ago? I've got two teenagers for sale  You interested? Monkey Devil!

Hi GE!!!    I saw your message in my avi thread!!!

You're into teenage trafficking, huh??   

trafficking  They are so entertaining CBB. To watch them do their routines to get out of work or go some where is sooooo much fun They sure keep me on my toes that's for sure. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1763 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »

Thx CBB!     Have been sitting on my hands in there ever since a seeming out-of-control monkey came careening thru the thread.  Then panicked when I realized that as a monkey, I could still type with my feet.      

And with tens toes, I can type fast and get them all (along with my foot) in my mouth at the same time!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1764 on: May 27, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »

Hey CBB I see you up there on the branch.  How did you do with all that rain a couple weeks ago? I've got two teenagers for sale  You interested? Monkey Devil!

Hi GE!!!    I saw your message in my avi thread!!!

You're into teenage trafficking, huh??   

trafficking  They are so entertaining CBB. To watch them do their routines to get out of work or go some where is sooooo much fun They sure keep me on my toes that's for sure. 

If I had had a girl, I would have just locked her in the basement until she was 30!!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: May 27, 2010, 07:06:54 AM »

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/05/25/romaine-lettuce-recall-salmonella-found-in-fresh-expresss-stor/

Fresh Express recall: salmonella in store-bought romaine lettuce salads
Mitch Lipka
May 25th 2010 at 3:28PM

Romaine lettuce is not having a good month. Last week, an e. coli outbreak that sickened more than 30 people was blamed on romaine lettuce shipped to such places as restaurants and cafeterias. Now, Fresh Express, a brand that is widely sold in grocery stores across the country, is recalling a variety of its packaged lettuce products over salmonella concerns.

The bad news for consumers is the announcement is less a warning and more of an after-the-fact notification since the expiration dates were between May 13 and May 16. Among the varieties being recalled by Chiquita International-owned Fresh Express are: 5-Lettuce Mix, American, Asian Supreme, Caesar, Double Carrots, Fancy Greens, Green & Crisp and several with the name "Romaine" in it. A full list, including UPC codes is available on the the Food & Drug Administration's recall site.
Fresh Express said the packages were sold in the following states: Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Nebraska, Montana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nevada, Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota.

The FDA said the company issued the recall after a single package of Fresh Express Hearts of Romaine Salad tested positive for Salmonella during random sampling by the FDA.

Symptoms of Salmonella poisoning include fever, nausea and a variety of other gastrointestinal problems. Young children, the elderly and frail are at greatest risk of more serious infections.

The FDA urges consumers to check their refrigerators for Fresh Express bags or bowls subject to the recall. In addition to having the use-by dates listed above, they will have an "S" in their product code, the FDA said. If you have one, you asked to dispose of it. To get a refund, call Fresh Express on any weekday at any time at (800) 242-5472.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1766 on: May 27, 2010, 07:10:13 AM »

This is me in the 5th grade.  As you can see I haven't changed much.

SAN! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaa! OMG, I spit my water! LMFFAOooooo 

San's not hard to figure out............. and she's stayed remarkably youthful, too! Get a load of the alphabet pictures on the wall! Are they really using a a grey haired man for "Old"??     

It's the pipe he is smoking that made him old.  Smoking adds ten years to your age.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1767 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »

Looks like MAYBE some good news in the oil spill department:

Foxnews is reporting Breaking News....

BP's 'Top Kill' Effort to Halt Oil Spill in Gulf Reportedly Working

http://www.foxnews.com/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1768 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »

Looks like MAYBE some good news in the oil spill department:

Foxnews is reporting Breaking News....

BP's 'Top Kill' Effort to Halt Oil Spill in Gulf Reportedly Working

http://www.foxnews.com/
Thank-you, I just heard that on the news, let's pray it has stopped the oil spill 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1769 on: May 27, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaruNs_7okY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XaruNs_7okY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Good morning!  Bearly.....I am laughing so hard coffee came out my nose!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1770 on: May 27, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaruNs_7okY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XaruNs_7okY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

That snot good, Sunny!!    

That song's going to be stuck in my head all day now!!       

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1771 on: May 27, 2010, 02:46:31 PM »

And with tens toes, I can type fast and get them all (along with my foot) in my mouth at the same time!!

<snort.. giggle>      Monkey Devil!

The same here! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1772 on: May 27, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

Live video link.  Right now they have stopped pumping the mud in to assess what's happening.  Looks to me like it has worked!  At least for now.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1773 on: May 27, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »

Oh, you are supposed to drink coffee, not snort it!

I believe in miracles!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1774 on: May 27, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

Interesting article, expecially if you have or will have any medical implants, such as pacemakers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20006069-247.html

Scientist infects himself with computer virus

A senior research fellow in the U.K. says he has become the first person in the world to be infected by a computer virus.

Technically, the chip Mark Gasson inserted into his hand is infected, which one could argue keeps the virus limited to the domain of the chip even though it lives inside the man.

But Gasson, of the University of Reading's School of Systems Engineering, suggests this argument is immaterial because he is demonstrating that increasingly sophisticated medical implants will become vulnerable to computer viruses. Which means that those implants that are vital to a human's health and survival could, if corrupted, compromise the health--and potentially the survival--of the carrier.

"Our research shows that implantable technology has developed to the point where implants are capable of communicating, storing, and manipulating data," Gasson said in a news report. "This means that, like mainstream computers, they can be infected by viruses, and the technology will need to keep pace with this so that implants, including medical devices, can be safely used in the future."

The chip Gasson implanted into his left hand in 2009 is a high-end radio-frequency identification (RFID) tag similar to those implanted in pets, and it enables him to access his cell phone and his university building as well as be tracked and profiled. When he infected the chip with a virus, it corrupted the communication system, and could have easily spread to other implants had any been connected to this system.

"Much like people with medical implants, after a year of having the implant, I very much feel that it is part of my body," said Gasson, who can be seen rubbing the surface of his hand affectionately in the BBC interview below. "While it is exciting to be the first person to become infected by a computer virus in this way, I found it a surprisingly violating experience because the implant is so intimately connected to me but the situation is potentially out of my control."

Gasson goes on to suggest that computer implants could be used beyond the medical realm to include "cosmetic" uses such as enhancing one's memory or IQ. The potential for such devices to be compromised makes the not-yet-digital hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention.

2 4 1
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1775 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:50 PM »

BP is resuming efforts now.

I believe in miracles!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1776 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

Oh, you are supposed to drink coffee, not snort it!

OMYGAWD - LOVE THIS VID ... Totally " Fitting" for how I feel right now - I love the fact " Her's got a Poof on her Head while Singing " ..... Thank You Bearly for this vid 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1777 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »

Petey got his rabies shot AND was neutered yesterday.  He was a little groggy last night but this morning he is back to his normal frisky stuff. 

What a sweety pie. He is looking at you like "Momma why you do that to me? Glad to hear he is back to his normal frisy self.

AWE the dreaded I am a Space Alien ..Doggie collar ~ and I don't know why My Momma put this dang thing on me ...I just keep spinning in circles trying to find my Hiney ...
What a Sweet Boy Klaas, I know the collar hurts you more than it does him.
Petey 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1778 on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

Sharing pics, New Pics of Deenie - taken just days ago.
Her's is enjoying some grass - in the back yard. I put the camera to her face level - had no clue what I was snapping (( she won't look at me when I try to take her photo))

She caught in a moment  Happy ~ with her little tooth and smile she reminds me of Precious Pup ..the toon doggy.
One more photo of her - she looks like a tiny Doe. Her ears are so gigantic compared to the rest of her.

Her's only weighs 9lbs - her 2nd birthday is soon - June 2nd.

an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:12 PM »

Petey has been so good about not licking his stitches that I removed the "cone of embarrassment"      He's back to his normal self as if nothing happened 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.