April 25, 2024, 02:31:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543151 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose    I can't believe how so much has become so readily accessible since I worked on my family tree. Question for you does Canada have a site that has records for land owners back in the late 1800's. Another question I was looking for records of border crossings back in the 1920's. But The one place I found you had to have dates and names. I have the name but no real dates just between this time and that. So I was never able to get any information. As they wanted so much $ for each date.  I guess what I am asking has the government made it easier to get the information? If that makes any sense.
Thanks

Last year the Govt in Canada launched a site that has a pile of documents from passenger lists, census, tax to war records.  It depends in what part of Canada you are looking for records in.  There are some before Confederation in 1867 for the Western Land Grants and then Crown Land grants after Confederation. Here is the main link to the site.  It takes a bit to navigate it but it is full of records.  They just put up the 1891 census as well.  Not sure about border crossing.  If they arrived by ship that would all be there but don't know if there are even records from borders with the US from back then. 

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/index-e.html

Thanks Northern Rose,
I will check it out. As for the border crossing I will have to go looking again. Maybe in the ten years since I last looked there will be something new. Hope you are having a good day.

Seems we do have border crossing records and you can ask your  local library to order the film!

Borrow Material through Inter-Institutional Loan

Most microfilm reels and published sources may be borrowed for your use by any institution (libraries, archives and resource centres) within and outside Canada. Requests for loan must be submitted by the borrowing institution. An online Loan Request form is available for your institution's use.

Loan requests should be submitted by the institution and must include the microfilm reel number or the title and author in the case of books. Note that restricted material, archival documents that have not been microfilmed and reference books cannot be borrowed.

Borrowing institutions equipped with a reader-printer are authorized to make copies of pages from our microfilm on behalf of their patrons.

http://collectionscanada.ca/ill/index-e.html

Here is a list of Border crossing and film numbers

http://collectionscanada.ca/genealogy/022-908.005.01-e.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose    I can't believe how so much has become so readily accessible since I worked on my family tree. Question for you does Canada have a site that has records for land owners back in the late 1800's. Another question I was looking for records of border crossings back in the 1920's. But The one place I found you had to have dates and names. I have the name but no real dates just between this time and that. So I was never able to get any information. As they wanted so much $ for each date.  I guess what I am asking has the government made it easier to get the information? If that makes any sense.
Thanks

Last year the Govt in Canada launched a site that has a pile of documents from passenger lists, census, tax to war records.  It depends in what part of Canada you are looking for records in.  There are some before Confederation in 1867 for the Western Land Grants and then Crown Land grants after Confederation. Here is the main link to the site.  It takes a bit to navigate it but it is full of records.  They just put up the 1891 census as well.  Not sure about border crossing.  If they arrived by ship that would all be there but don't know if there are even records from borders with the US from back then. 

Thanks Northern Rose,
I will check it out. As for the border crossing I will have to go looking again. Maybe in the ten years since I last looked there will be something new. Hope you are having a good day.

If you want to email me I am happy to help you from my end.  I am also pretty good at navigating the canada collections site.  throwawaymonkey@gmail.com
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »

Thanks

Thanks Northern Rose,

Seems we do have border crossing records and you can ask your  local library to order the film!

Borrow Material through Inter-Institutional Loan

Most microfilm reels and published sources may be borrowed for your use by any institution (libraries, archives and resource centres) within and outside Canada. Requests for loan must be submitted by the borrowing institution. An online Loan Request form is available for your institution's use.

Loan requests should be submitted by the institution and must include the microfilm reel number or the title and author in the case of books. Note that restricted material, archival documents that have not been microfilmed and reference books cannot be borrowed.

Borrowing institutions equipped with a reader-printer are authorized to make copies of pages from our microfilm on behalf of their patrons.

http://collectionscanada.ca/ill/index-e.html

Here is a list of Border crossing and film numbers

http://collectionscanada.ca/genealogy/022-908.005.01-e.html

Thanks again. I will have to look up the area I was looking for of what area it would be to Canada. Not even sure who I am looking for crossed over between the US & Canada. It's a long shot to say the least. Now I will have to find a bigger library here. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »

Thanks

Thanks Northern Rose,

If you want to email me I am happy to help you from my end.  I am also pretty good at navigating the canada collections site.  throwawaymonkey@gmail.com

Thank you I will do. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »

Green Eyes, Yes , I did look up Civil War Pensions on Hertiagequest.com. I logged-on with a library card, you can also join as a member. I believe if you access your library branch web-site you may be able to find out how to log-on to HQ. Your Ancestry
site is loaded with all the census, HQ is missing a few years.

http://www.heritagequestonline.com/hqoweb/library/do/index

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

Hi Seahorse,  Ancestry is wonderful, and I liked Genealogy.com  too! I use to have memebeship to them both.  I have my dads & Uncles WWII Military Registration cards. Haven't found WW I cards. How cool it is when we find some part if our families past.

Green Eyes,

It is wonderful to have the registration cards with the details of where they lived. I used Google.com "streetview"
and rode around in the 'google car' checking out where my grandfather lived (at that time) with the address from the R.C.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/

The link below is Civil War, my great uncle is listed but not many details like the registration cards.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;c=1471019

I found a great uncles photo on Ancestry, it was a treat.  If I find the WW1 cards, I will let you know, the may not be
fully loaded, yet?  I believe I have seen a few on familysearch.org 'pilot series'.

I could play with that Google Map all day!

Bearlyhere, I know just what you mean!  I was riding around in the google "streetview" car. I found 1924 white row-houses in Phillie with stained glass windows..1470 N 55th or 140 N 16th, Phillie. I kept ridding up and down the street, so beautiful. A cousin went to the libriary and dug up resident addresses of a family member in a 1896 directory, unfortunately, the 1896 resident was replaced by the charming row-houses. I appreiciate architecture.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »

Looks like a fairly large earthquake off the coast of Northern California about 70 miles west of Eureka:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/nc71348851.php

Likely no damage or injuries.  My worry is more that it could trigger the fault line and set off other quakes. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

He's really just too cute

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted:  it's from the Bonnie Hunt show and it is wonderful! a very good watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDARfDJw80s

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2010, 11:42:47 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted:  it's from the Bonnie Hunt show and it is wonderful! a very good watch!

Wow, so cool!  Thanks for posting this, I loved it!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:06 PM »

I saw they had another big earth quake in Northern California Klaas. I am wonderfing the same thing is it going to trigger some thing going down to Southern California or is going to trigger some thing going up towards Alaska. Thank God the epic center was out in the ocean and not on land. Was it the same fault line as the first one?

Loved Petey this morning

GOD BLESS AMERICA
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »

HELLO night crew monkeys, I just came here to vent and cry and say ouch..lol...The two dogs decided tog et into a real knock down drag out fight tonight instead of playing like they usually do, and I decided to break them up and guess who got bite....ME>...ouch, now I dont know who the guilty party was that did the biting..lol....but boy did I get it......

Im going to the vigil for HaLeigh Saturday and now I guess I'll be limping...lol.....Im just glad I didnt get biten on my new tatoo...lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »

I saw they had another big earth quake in Northern California Klaas. I am wonderfing the same thing is it going to trigger some thing going down to Southern California or is going to trigger some thing going up towards Alaska. Thank God the epic center was out in the ocean and not on land. Was it the same fault line as the first one?

Loved Petey this morning

They are saying that this earthquake today was an aftershock of the 6.5 from last month, it was in the same area. 

Petey is a hoot  Monkey Devil!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:29 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2010, 01:33:48 AM »

That's amazing!  She actually saved her Dad's life.  He was back to work the next day.  They still don't know what happened.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2010, 01:37:17 AM »

HELLO night crew monkeys, I just came here to vent and cry and say ouch..lol...The two dogs decided tog et into a real knock down drag out fight tonight instead of playing like they usually do, and I decided to break them up and guess who got bite....ME>...ouch, now I dont know who the guilty party was that did the biting..lol....but boy did I get it......

Im going to the vigil for HaLeigh Saturday and now I guess I'll be limping...lol.....Im just glad I didnt get biten on my new tatoo...lol

Ouch!  Next time try something else!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

Sorry to hear you got bit toady. Ouchy is right. Take care of it so it doesn't get infected.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
FlGRLFVR29
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »

our dogs could be twins I  have a spayed female jack the same brown and white color, aren't they the smartest dogs ever?? besides G.S. of course Wink

Children are not asked to be born into this world, they are life's most precious gift...

FlGRLFVR29
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »

Looks like a fairly large earthquake off the coast of Northern California about 70 miles west of Eureka:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/nc71348851.php

Likely no damage or injuries.  My worry is more that it could trigger the fault line and set off other quakes. 

it's just a matter of time it's coming, it's going to be like that movie 2012

Children are not asked to be born into this world, they are life's most precious gift...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »

This little girl was so cute and smart.  Thanks for posting the link.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.