March 28, 2024, 01:40:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542242 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54:21 AM »

Morning Monkeys

CBB hope you are doing okay and son is getting better every day. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »

Morning Bearly

GOD BLESS AMERICA
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »

Looks like a fairly large earthquake off the coast of Northern California about 70 miles west of Eureka:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/nc71348851.php

Likely no damage or injuries.  My worry is more that it could trigger the fault line and set off other quakes. 

Let's hope not!!  We live on the New Madrid fault line....we have had a couple little shakes since we moved back to the area.............the dogs know before the shake that it's coming.  I can deal with the little shakes................

About The New Madrid Fault

THE NEW MADRID FAULT SYSTEM EXTENDS 120 MILES SOUTHWARD from the area of Charleston, Missouri, and Cairo, Illinois, through New Madrid and Caruthersville, following Interstate 55 to Blytheville and on down to Marked Tree, Arkansas. It crosses five state lines and cuts across the Mississippi River in three places and the Ohio River in two places.

THE FAULT IS ACTIVE, AVERAGING MORE THAN 200 MEASURED EVENTS per YEAR (1.0 or more on the Richter scale), about 20 per month. Tremors large enough to be felt (2.5 - 3.0 on the Richter scale) are noted annually. Every 18 months the fault releases a shock of 4.0 or more, capable of local minor damage. The most recent registering 4.3 along the New Madrid Fault on Thanksgiving evening, 1996, which was felt by citizens in the states of Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky, Illinois and Mississippi. Magnitudes of 5.0 or greater occurring about once per decade, can do significant damage, and be felt in several states.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »

He's really just too cute

he really is adorable......loves those sliders and the sun it seems

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »

Don't know if this has been posted:  it's from the Bonnie Hunt show and it is wonderful! a very good watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDARfDJw80s

very smart little girl!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2010, 11:10:03 AM »

HELLO night crew monkeys, I just came here to vent and cry and say ouch..lol...The two dogs decided tog et into a real knock down drag out fight tonight instead of playing like they usually do, and I decided to break them up and guess who got bite....ME>...ouch, now I dont know who the guilty party was that did the biting..lol....but boy did I get it......

Im going to the vigil for HaLeigh Saturday and now I guess I'll be limping...lol.....Im just glad I didnt get biten on my new tatoo...lol

ouch...........hate when that happens

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Thanks, GE!! 

He's getting better................ PT is hard and the routine has notched up since he has to get there, but he is walking (sorta) with a walker. His Dad had to get back to DC rather quickly and unexpectedly..........  (ROFLMAO!! Enjoy the 30 inches of snow) so between work and Michael, I've been a little busy. It's the week-end and girlfriend is taking over for the most part until Monday!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2010, 11:52:43 PM »

CBB, thinking of you....I just haven't told you.  Now I did....been juggling a lot of stuff....hope he mends well and all gets back to normal. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »

He's really just too cute

he really is adorable......loves those sliders and the sun it seems

How nice of you to put those glass doors in for Petey, Klaas!! He seems to approve!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »

CBB, thinking of you....I just haven't told you.  Now I did....been juggling a lot of stuff....hope he mends well and all gets back to normal. 

Thanks, 2nj.............. I'm sorry I haven't been much help here lately! I'll get back in the swing of things soon!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »

We miss you CBB. Just worry about how things are going. Glad to hear your son is up and moving.    I pray each day it gets easier for him and you. Glad to hear you get a little break this week end. Get some rest.

So sorry to hear about the sudden departure of the ex Ya DC is getting slammed big time. Hope he took his shovel with him

GOD BLESS AMERICA
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »

Hello Good Monkeys!

Have my computer together once again, so will be checking in more often.

If you wish, please cut and paste this message and pass it on to all whom you think would be interested.

Thank you,

IBE

American Legion’s Operation Comfort Warriors competes for $250K Pepsi grant
Votes Needed!

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 1, 2010) – The American Legion’s Operation Comfort Warriors is competing for a $250,000 grant to be awarded by Pepsi Cola, Inc. More than 700 charities are competing for grants, which are determined by the number of votes received at its Web site. As of this morning, Operation Comfort Warriors was 21st  in voting. The top two vote getters will receive quarter-million dollar grants.

Visitors can cast their votes at http://www.refresheverything.com/operationcomfortwarriors.

Since December 2008, the American Legion family has raised funds for Operation Comfort Warriors, a program dedicated to meeting the needs of wounded military personnel, providing them with comfort items not usually supplied by the government. OCW ensures that patients at U.S. military hospitals and warrior transition units are given items like sweat suits, DVDs, puzzles, electronic devices, books, calling cards and more.

“The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq continue. Military service will always include inherent dangers from training and other hazardous duties,” American Legion National Commander Clarence E. Hill said. “As long as our men and women are in harm’s way, there will continue to be wounded warriors. The American Legion needs to be there for our heroes. Operation Comfort Warriors is an excellent way to show our appreciation for their sacrifices. I urge all Americans to show their appreciation by voting for it on the Pepsi Refresh Everything Web site.”

All administrative and marketing costs for Operation Comfort Warriors are paid for by The American Legion, meaning 100 percent of all donations and grants received go to the troops.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2010, 02:49:26 AM »

Green Eyes you are either going to hate me or love me!  Check your nanners.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2010, 03:03:11 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Thanks, GE!! 

He's getting better................ PT is hard and the routine has notched up since he has to get there, but he is walking (sorta) with a walker. His Dad had to get back to DC rather quickly and unexpectedly..........  (ROFLMAO!! Enjoy the 30 inches of snow) so between work and Michael, I've been a little busy. It's the week-end and girlfriend is taking over for the most part until Monday!

Give him a hug for me! and you hang in there!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2010, 03:08:06 AM »

When my mother was alive she lived in Indianapolis and had earthquake insurance!

Where the one struck in CA is (if I remember correctly) has a small volcano under the surface out in the sea. It's been a few years since I researched it so memory is hazy.

So with that, I'll say that it's good to be back and goodnight!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:16 AM »

IBE - I've missed you!  Great to have you back!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »

Hey there IBE    Sorry I missed you when you came by this morning.  It's good to see you again. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »

CBB, Hope you didn't get this snow. If it is girlfriends turn, rest while you can.

We have over 2 feet and working on 3 here in Virginia. Power went out about 3:30 this AM and we started preparing for the long haul. Trying to get a fire started in the fireplace (we never use it, but keep it clean and wood on hand just in case). Anyway the power came back on at 11 AM so maybe they were prepared this time. Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't mind being stuck in the house as long as we have power.
I keep saying I am going to get a generator, but this only happens once every 8 or 9 years.

Will try to post pictures later. Everyone in the path of this storm take care and be safe.

2 4 1
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »

Hi Monkey's...This is genealogy for USA & Canada,

http://www.blacksheepancestors.com/

Convicts Search

Search names of prisoners in Convict & Prison records in America. If your ancestor was a bit of a rogue and not a hardened criminal, you still might find him in these free records of prisoners who were in jail.
Outlaw & Criminal Ancestors Search
Do you have a blacksheep ancestor in your American family tree? Find your American Blacksheep Ancestor in Biographies of Famous & Infamous Criminals, Biographies and family trees of Outlaws & Gangs

Court Records Search

American Court Records of interest to genealogists include Probate records, Surrogate Court Records, Wills, Settlement of Estate, Guardianship papers, Adoption records, Divorce, Power of Attorney, Petitions for land and Land disputes

Search free Court Records in America for your American ancestor

Executions Search

In the 1800's and earlier our ancestors were executed for even minor crimes. Was your ancestor hung during the American Revolution? Some executions never took place, and the prisoner was banished from the country

Search free records of executions for your brick-wall ancestor in America.

Insane Asylums Search

In the 1800's and earlier you could be institutionalized for a wide variety of things: Wives and daughters who did not obey their husbands or fathers could be put away, alcoholics, depressed people, "angry people", women in menopause, and people going against the norm would also have seen their freedom and dignity evaporate before them as they were labelled "insane" and institutionalized.

Canada

Prisons & Convicts Search
Many of our ancestors went to prisons for minor offenses. My own Canadian ancestor went to Kingston Penetentiary in 1887 for stealing a cow!

Search names of prisoners in Convict & Prison records in Canada. If your ancestor was a bit of a rogue and not a hardened criminal, you still might find him in these free records of prisoners who were in jail.
Black Sheep Ancestors Search
Do you have a blacksheep ancestor in your Canadian family tree? Find your Canadian Blacksheep Ancestor in Biographies of Famous & Infamous Criminals, Biographies and family trees of Outlaws & Gangs

Court Records Search
Canadian Court Records of interest to genealogists include Probate records, Surrogate Court Records, Wills, Settlement of Estate, Guardianship papers, Adoption records, Divorce, Power of Attorney, Petitions for land, Land disputes and War of 1812 Claims for Losses

Search free Court Records in Canada for your Canadian ancestor

Executions Search

In the 1800s and earlier our ancestors were executed for even minor crimes. Was your ancestor hung during the American Revolution? Was your ancestor hung during the Rebellion of 1837? Some executions never took place, and the prisoner was banished from the country

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK

http://www.blacksheepancestors.com/uk/prisons.shtml

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

Green Eyes you are either going to hate me or love me!  Check your nanners.

Northern Rose 
Thank you

Got it.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.