April 18, 2024, 08:14:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542960 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

This is what it will look like at Magnolia's house in about 7 weeks  Monkey Devil!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_Wh4iKr4aA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/t_Wh4iKr4aA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Wow!! The mom looks like how Mags describes her too!! She'll have her hands full!!!  Monkey Devil!

Hudson will help her!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »

This is what it will look like at Magnolia's house in about 7 weeks  Monkey Devil!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_Wh4iKr4aA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/t_Wh4iKr4aA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Wow!! The mom looks like how Mags describes her too!! She'll have her hands full!!!  Monkey Devil!

Hudson will help her!   

I don't know about that!!!! Hudson slept on his back (snoring) during delivery .....(he felt his part was over!!!!!)  Monkey Devil!  Other than donating a toy to "shut them up" -- I think he is shirking his fatherly duties!!! 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: February 20, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »

Thank you Klaas,
That mama dog does look like the mama of these pups.  She is a pretty dog.
Our Monkey pups are really beautiful.  I looked at new born puppies of Blue Heelers and Pit Bulls
today and our babies are much prettier.  I don't know what they will end up looking like, but they
are adorable now.  The colors are changing a little every day too.

A friend from Atlanta called me today because I had sent her the picture that Klaas did of the School Bus.
She said...."Magnolia, I don't know anybody in the world that would be so tickled to have 10 Cur puppies
of uncertain parentage."  I was insulted that she would say such a thing about my beautiful pups.

I am trying to make plans about how to keep them happy and contained.  I think I will buy them a play pen.
In this area they sell camouflage play pens and I thought that might be appropriate.

I have been picking each one of them up and holding it a couple of times a day to try to socialize them.
The Mama and I talk while I hold them.  She shares them nicely.  Hudson will not come closer than 3 feet
until he starts backing up.  I think he is afraid of them  They scream like banshees.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: February 20, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »

Magnolia - I was reading about the pups and want to congratulate all involved!  I did not know you had a ACD as well.  They are a very unique breed when it comes to personality.  You will have your hands full and probably love every minute of it. 

Hudson is a great dog and I am thrilled about all of the pups.  I may need to be institutionalized in
about 4 or 5 weeks.

The ACD in my avi is Riley and he is my ACD.  He is a velcro dog and has picked me as his special one.  Pretty freaky the first time he opened the bathroom door when I was taking a bath and sat with his head on the edge of the tub till I got out. 

They have so much energy when they get wound up.  I can not imagine what it would be like to have ten of them running 100 miles per hour in circles in your house  in a few short weeks.    an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey

Hudson has always sat while I shower and then he wants to sit in the vanity chair when I get out.
He wants lotion on him and deodorant.  Hudson has acres to run and explore and he is a real country boy.
He herds the horses and cows and I am hoping he will keep the pups herded up.  He has lots of little chores to do.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: February 20, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »

Magnolia..congrats on the new puppies! puppies are so cute!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: February 20, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »

Magnolia,

I don't know if a playpen will hold them all in a few weeks!  I hope you have a fenced in back yard or somewhere pretty big they can stay.  The weather will be nice enough by the time they are old enough to be outside most of the time but that day will be here before you know it!

Ten is a lot of pups!  With so many, the mom is going to wean them early, too, probably about four weeks so something else to look out for.  You might also make little index cards to put up at church, grocery store, etc. to start finding homes for them so you can be selective. 

You do know that you can't keep them all, right?  That was the hardest part about my own pups, knowing I couldn't just keep them.

But they are so much fun while you have them!  When the eyes open, usually just like clockwork on Day 14, they will take off like anything walking and running!  Watching them see light for the first time is a very special thing, too.  It's a miracle of sorts.

And my all time unanswered question--how do pups dream of running before their eyes open?  They have never run nor seen anybody run and yet they dream of it from the leg and paw actions!  One of life's big mysteries for me.

Give them each a hug for me!  One of the best first toys that you can have for pups, disposable, etc. are plastic cups.  They can carry them about and feel very powerful.  Also empty water bottles.  You will need lots of disposable toys like that as they will all be teething!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: February 20, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

Magnolia,

I don't know if a playpen will hold them all in a few weeks!  I hope you have a fenced in back yard or somewhere pretty big they can stay.  The weather will be nice enough by the time they are old enough to be outside most of the time but that day will be here before you know it!

Ten is a lot of pups!  With so many, the mom is going to wean them early, too, probably about four weeks so something else to look out for.  You might also make little index cards to put up at church, grocery store, etc. to start finding homes for them so you can be selective. 

You do know that you can't keep them all, right?  That was the hardest part about my own pups, knowing I couldn't just keep them.

But they are so much fun while you have them!  When the eyes open, usually just like clockwork on Day 14, they will take off like anything walking and running!  Watching them see light for the first time is a very special thing, too.  It's a miracle of sorts.

And my all time unanswered question--how do pups dream of running before their eyes open?  They have never run nor seen anybody run and yet they dream of it from the leg and paw actions!  One of life's big mysteries for me.

Give them each a hug for me!  One of the best first toys that you can have for pups, disposable, etc. are plastic cups.  They can carry them about and feel very powerful.  Also empty water bottles.  You will need lots of disposable toys like that as they will all be teething!

Anna, wanted you to know that I found a girl puppy that matches Peter R. DeVries and it is a big pretty
puppy....fawn and white.  Her name is Anna.
You would be surprised at how well they get around.  They scoot on their stomachs and can really make tracks.
They are really strong for a few days old.

The mother has double dew claws on her back feet and some of the puppies have that too. 
What should I do about that?
The mother is eating really well (four times a day) and I got her some puppy food because it has extra calcium

Ten is a lot of puppies.  It is hard for me to keep up with them even now.
Tex is a wonderful puppy. He is the biggest.  He eats then goes off by himself and sleeps.
There is a little black one that looks just like Tex, except she is small and petite.  Her name is Klassy.

I was going to get the play pen for when they start walking.  My brother is going to put fencing
around the porch for them to play when they are a little older.  I can't just put them in the yard
because owls have been known to carry puppies off up here.

I am trying to adjust myself to the fact that I can't keep them all, but it is hard.
I will think about that tomorrow.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #507 on: February 20, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »

Magnoila  Congrats on the puppies.   Oh what fun to have 10 little ones all running around. They all sound adorable. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: February 20, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »

Magnolia - maybe you could get your brother to build you something similar to this, or something like a chicken coop with a roof on it so the owls wouldn't get to the pups? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer show!  Not listed is Blink from Blink on Crime to discuss the Christine Sheddy case:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/02/20/the-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio-%E2%80%93-saturday-february-20th-2010-%E2%80%93-special-guests-jossy-mansur-tim-miller-dr-dale-archer-and-robin-sax/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »

He is such a doll!

I went and bought a camera ( SONY Cybershot).  I am working on figuring it out

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »

Magnolia - wow, you got a nice camera!  Cool, can't wait now to see pictures of the babies an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »

he is so darn cute.....looks like he is saying......yeah, so what

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »

He is such a doll!

I went and bought a camera ( SONY Cybershot).  I am working on figuring it out

That's a nice camera....you are gonna have lots of fun with it!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »

Magnolia has sent me her first TEST photo.

Say hello to TEX!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2010, 11:05:32 PM »

Magnolia has sent me her first TEST photo.

Say hello to TEX!

Oh how cute he is.

Now show me a picture of San 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »

WOW!  That's a HUG pup, Magnolia!  I am used to Yorkies who look just like that only much smaller.

Bright, shiny coat very good sign. 

He's already saying "Talk to the Paw, talk to the paw!"

Plenty chubby, too.  Maybe he's a Rottweiler like a catbird in the nest?  Are the others that big?  I don't know how the poor mother managed if they were.  He is one fine looking pup!  I wish I could have one one them but we are only allowed one at these apartments I think.  I wonder how big they will be as adults.

Fine, fine looking pup, I must say!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »

I keep looking at him. . . it's his head that seems so large and that's a good sign he is a heeler because they have that large head.  If you look at the body other than the head, he doesn't seem nearly as large.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »

I keep looking at him. . . it's his head that seems so large and that's a good sign he is a heeler because they have that large head.  If you look at the body other than the head, he doesn't seem nearly as large.

I was surprised at how big he was too!  He looks very well fed as well! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.