March 28, 2024, 11:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542261 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: March 01, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

Glad you're back with us, Wreck.  We missed you.  Please take care of yourself.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2010, 01:28:03 AM »

To those curious to where I have been:
Tuesday at work, I stood-up and got very dizzy -- about to pass out. After lying down, I felt a little better -- but went home. On Wednesday, I continued to feel very light headed. Thursday, I had a friend take me to the Doctor. My blood pressure was 185/105 and they sent me to ER. After 14 hours in the ER, a brain cat scan, MRI, chest x-ray, stomach ultrasound, neurological exams, blood and urine tests - I finally went home Friday morning at 5:30am. Thankfully, everything checked out negative. The dizzyness was caused by untreated high blood pressure combined with severe dehydration. I'm still weak, but getting stronger. (I'l be making some lifestyle changes!!)

I'm glad you're back with us wreck, I missed you!

I'm so thankful that you went to the doctor and can be treated with meds.  Dehydration alone can make you feel terrible.  Just thinking about 14 hours in the ER makes my BP climb, lol. But really...I'm so thankful you're o.k. 

Please follow the doctors orders and take your meds at the same time every day.  A friend of mine that's on meds for her BP tells me that's important.

Take care of yourself!      

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2010, 01:29:01 AM »

Hi Sis!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2010, 02:00:54 AM »

Tuesday at work, I stood-up and got very dizzy -- about to pass out. After lying down, I felt a little better -- but went home. On Wednesday, I continued to feel very light headed. Thursday, I had a friend take me to the Doctor. My blood pressure was 185/105 and they sent me to ER. After 14 hours in the ER, a brain cat scan, MRI, chest x-ray, stomach ultrasound, neurological exams, blood and urine tests - I finally went home Friday morning at 5:30am. Thankfully, everything checked out negative. The dizzyness was caused by untreated high blood pressure combined with severe dehydration. I'm still weak, but getting stronger. (I'l be making some lifestyle changes!!)

You were a wreck!

I am glad to hear you are making lifestyle changes.  CBB, take that cigar out of his mouth, stat!

I hope you are feeling better and will take it easy, get some walks in, and whatever it takes to get you better (whatever you do, don't play tennis).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2010, 02:06:34 AM »

Hi Sis!   

Hi!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:05 AM »

Hi Wreck.  Glad to see you back, and on the mend.
Those few days must have been pretty scary and I'm glad you've got the diagnosis and can work with it and make the necessary lifestyle changes.
I had to make some lifestyle changes back in August.  At first I was propelled by the health issues.  It becomes easier over time.  Now I am encouraged by the amazing results my efforts (along w/medication) have
shown.
Good luck.  Good health.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »

Wreck,

Glad you are feeling better.  Yes, you must take BP meds at the same time every day.  And drink lots of liquids while taking them.  Non-alcoholic ones at that like orange juice and water. 

I was afraid you had done something to you new lappie and am glad that was not the problem. 

Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest until your BP is within safe limits.  You will be good as new before you know it!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »

Wreck,

I'm glad you found out what the problem was.  My FIL had had blurred vision many years ago and went to his eye doctor thinking he needed a new prescription.  The eye doctor, after examining him, said it's not your eyes, it's your BP.  FIL then went to the ER and his BP was so high he was near a stroke.  He was on meds following.  I, too, had BP sneak up on me within the past decade.  Diet and exercise didn't have steady results so eventually, I had to go on a low dose med.  It runs in my Dad's family, so I guess genetics plays a part. 

Take care.

This reminded me--untreated or unresponsive high BP can result in damage to the blood vessels in your eyes and can effect them permanently.  My mother has this and has lost the vision in one of her eyes.  She does not respond well to BP medicine so everybody with this, be sure to take your meds as it does effect vision and it can be permanent!  But at her age, I guess even that is better than a stroke.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:53:51 PM by klaasend » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #709 on: March 02, 2010, 01:06:26 AM »

You were a wreck!

I am glad to hear you are making lifestyle changes.  CBB, take that cigar out of his mouth, stat!

I hope you are feeling better and will take it easy, get some walks in, and whatever it takes to get you better (whatever you do, don't play tennis).

I'll at least "unlight" it, Bearly! Wreck? I'm so glad you're back and will be OK! You take care of yourself.............. you belong to us!  HUGS!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #710 on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »

Morning Monkeys

wreck so glad to hear you are feeling better and back among us again.

CBB  Miss you and prayers that son is doing better. As far as the toad goes they usually get stumped on in the end.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »

For those that may not get over to the Food and Product Recall area:
Diabetic test strip recall
OneTouch SureStep Test Strips
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7274.msg1086407#msg1086407

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #712 on: March 03, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »

Hey Muffy    Monken has some new cakes

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: March 03, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »

Here is a little puppy update:

They turned two weeks yesterday and they are double the size they were when born.
All but Amos, the blue leopard spotted one, have their eyes open.  Amos was the last one
born and he has one eye partially open.  He is very cuddly and loving.

Wreck can walk, though he is wobbly.  The others are still scooting around like big fat turtles.

They are about to outgrow their televison box.  I have located a puppy play yard...a freestanding, plastic
fence with a gate that I am going to buy and put in the breakfast room, in front of the French doors.
I can't figure anything else to do.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Anna is the sweetest of all the puppies and the smallest.  She sleeps on her back with all four feet in the air.
She is half the size of Tex, who is a whopper and very lazy.

I tried yesterday to make some more pictures and ended up with blurrs.  They are active and fast
I will try again when all eyes are open.  They are still cute as little dolls and very healthy.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: March 03, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »

They turned two weeks yesterday and they are double the size they were when born.
All but Amos, the blue leopard spotted one, have their eyes open.  Amos was the last one

Wreck can walk, though he is wobbly.  The others are still scooting around like big fat turtles.

They are about to outgrow their televison box.  I have located a puppy play yard...a freestanding, plastic
fence with a gate that I am going to buy and put in the breakfast room, in front of the French doors.

Anna is the sweetest of all the puppies and the smallest.  She sleeps on her back with all four feet in the air.

I tried yesterday to make some more pictures and ended up with blurrs.  They are active and fast
I will try again when all eyes are open.  They are still cute as little dolls and very healthy.
He is just like his "namesake" the last week!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: March 03, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

Klaas,  my male 'Teddy' is 11 years old and does the same thing--only he uses both feet and paws really fast...good luck, they don't outgrow this habit!  He can empty a gallon of water out of his dish in about 3 minutes, and he throws it about 6 feet!  (The female just watches him with a disgusted stare as if saying, 'I was thirsty, now look what you have done, again!)

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »

I can't wait to see some new pictures of the babies!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »

I had to go to the court house today to do a little business.  I stopped by to talk to Hudson's vet
about the pups.  I got Calcium and vitamin D pills for the mama...treats for Hudson.

This is a country vet where you are as likely to see a goat as a dog and there is usually a cow around
there somewhere.  The vet loves Hudson and is thrilled that these may be Hudson's pups.
He refused to neuter Hudson when I took Hudson for that little surgery.

He wants me to bring all of the pups in to be checked for parasites,etc.  I think he is just dying to sse
them.  I figure it would be easier to take them before they can walk than it would be afterward.
Anna said not to take them to the vet, so I am a little confused as to what to do.  The vet did say that
he would help me find good homes for them.  Anna and Tex are already spoken for.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: March 03, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »

He is just like his "namesake" the last week!!!!

You will both be steady on your feet before long.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.