March 28, 2024, 04:21:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542249 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

From Magnolia 

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »

I had to go to the court house today to do a little business.  I stopped by to talk to Hudson's vet
about the pups.  I got Calcium and vitamin D pills for the mama...treats for Hudson.

This is a country vet where you are as likely to see a goat as a dog and there is usually a cow around
there somewhere.  The vet loves Hudson and is thrilled that these may be Hudson's pups.
He refused to neuter Hudson when I took Hudson for that little surgery.

He wants me to bring all of the pups in to be checked for parasites,etc.  I think he is just dying to sse
them.  I figure it would be easier to take them before they can walk than it would be afterward.
Anna said not to take them to the vet, so I am a little confused as to what to do.  The vet did say that
he would help me find good homes for them.  Anna and Tex are already spoken for.

If you can talk him into coming to the house, he would get to see Hudson, also.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »

Magnolia - my vet told me to keep Petey away from being around a lot of strange dogs (like the dog park) until he had all his shots.  So I go this week for his final shots. Actually I should have gone last weekend but I forgot, LOL.  They have a immunization clinic on the weekends.

I think what Anna is saying is like a doctors office, there might me a sick dog/puppy there.  I'm sure you will be fine though especially since you will really have to crate them to bring them in right now.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »

Thanks Magnolia and Klaas!   

The puppies are beautiful, and the puppy yard sounds like a good idea to me Magnolia.

I hope those who have already spoken for Anna and Tex know that we would love to see a pic and have an update on them now and then!

My guess is that the vet will choose the one that he thinks will be the most like Hudson!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

Magnolia - my vet told me to keep Petey away from being around a lot of strange dogs (like the dog park) until he had all his shots.  So I go this week for his final shots. Actually I should have gone last weekend but I forgot, LOL.  They have a immunization clinic on the weekends.

I think what Anna is saying is like a doctors office, there might me a sick dog/puppy there.  I'm sure you will be fine though especially since you will really have to crate them to bring them in right now.

The vet said that the pups have natural immunities until they are 4 weeks old.  I am deadly afraid of Parvo,
but they have natural immunities for that until 4 weeks.....I think.  That is why I want to keep them inside.
This vet doesn't even have a receptionist and he makes change out of his pocket.  But he is a really good vet.
He just ain't fancy.

I think I am going to take them.  I can't lift a crate and the pups, so I will put them in a huge picnic basket.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »

The puppies are beautiful, and the puppy yard sounds like a good idea to me Magnolia.

I hope those who have already spoken for Anna and Tex know that we would love to see a pic and have an update on them now and then!

My guess is that the vet will choose the one that he thinks will be the most like Hudson!   

I found the play yard in Cullman.  Somebody I love suggested that.   Hudson and I will pick it up tomorrow.

One of my favorite cousins in taking Tex.  They have always loved Hudson, so I will get to see Tex at BBQs.

A friend that I have had since I was 5 wants Anna, but she is calling her Annie already.  I will get to see
her regularly too.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »

I had to go to the court house today to do a little business.  I stopped by to talk to Hudson's vet
about the pups.  I got Calcium and vitamin D pills for the mama...treats for Hudson.

This is a country vet where you are as likely to see a goat as a dog and there is usually a cow around
there somewhere.  The vet loves Hudson and is thrilled that these may be Hudson's pups.
He refused to neuter Hudson when I took Hudson for that little surgery.

He wants me to bring all of the pups in to be checked for parasites,etc.  I think he is just dying to sse
them.  I figure it would be easier to take them before they can walk than it would be afterward.
Anna said not to take them to the vet, so I am a little confused as to what to do.  The vet did say that
he would help me find good homes for them.  Anna and Tex are already spoken for.

If you can talk him into coming to the house, he would get to see Hudson, also.   

Hudson went to the courthouse with me, so the Vet got to see him today.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »

The vet said that the pups have natural immunities until they are 4 weeks old.  I am deadly afraid of Parvo,
but they have natural immunities for that until 4 weeks.....I think.  That is why I want to keep them inside.
This vet doesn't even have a receptionist and he makes change out of his pocket.  But he is a really good vet.
He just ain't fancy.

I think I am going to take them.  I can't lift a crate and the pups, so I will put them in a huge picnic basket.

Will they get out of the basket in your car?  Maybe you should put them in the crate in the car/truck then take them into the vets in the basket?  I'd just hate for them to be scooting around in your car while your trying to drive, lol
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »

I found the play yard in Cullman.  Somebody I love suggested that.   Hudson and I will pick it up tomorrow.

One of my favorite cousins in taking Tex.  They have always loved Hudson, so I will get to see Tex at BBQs.

A friend that I have had since I was 5 wants Anna, but she is calling her Annie already.  I will get to see
her regularly too.

That's great news Magnolia!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »

That must be some picnic basket.  Maybe one of those coolers with wheels....no lid of course. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »

This is what you need Magnolia, LOLOL

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

Just hope he doesn't do that in the kitchen Klaas!   

When I'm filling the water tub for the outside dogs one of our JR's attacks the stream from the hose like crazy!  I've never seen anything like it, and I've had a lot of dogs!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: March 03, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »

He just ain't fancy.

Will they get out of the basket in your car?  Maybe you should put them in the crate in the car/truck then take them into the vets in the basket?  I'd just hate for them to be scooting around in your car while your trying to drive, lol

I am telling ya'll it is hard having ten pups.  I just had 4 screaming bloody murder at once and nothing would
stop them....then they just stopped all at once.

The picnic basket is made of fabric and it is built on an aluminum frame.  It has a mesh top that zips all around

They can all climb something awful.  It is a ten ring circus!!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »

That is so adorable!! an angelic monkey

Somehow I feel that mine will never be still enough to get a picture like that. Monkey Devil!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »

Magnolia

I babysat a grandpup for two weeks.  I have never been so tired.  I can't imagine dealing  with all those pups....even if they are the cutest things...phew, I get tired just reading your notes.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

That is so adorable!! an angelic monkey

Somehow I feel that mine will never be still enough to get a picture like that. Monkey Devil!

Besides, you'd need a trailer hitch, to get the rest of them into the photo.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »

I have a John Deere wagon that pulls behind my little tractor.  maybe I can haul them in that.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: March 03, 2010, 10:23:24 PM »

Magnolia - love those puppies.

Just dropped in to mention what a breeder friend of mine used to do when she had litters needing vet treatment such as dew claws or vaccinations before they were fully immunised.  One vet would actually come to her house to do this but when he moved away the replacement vet would come out to her car to check and vaccinate the pups.  That way they did not have to enter the clinic and thus avoided any germs that may have been floating around.  It sounds like your vet would consider this idea.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2010, 10:24:23 PM »

Magnolia

I babysat a grandpup for two weeks.  I have never been so tired.  I can't imagine dealing  with all those pups....even if they are the cutest things...phew, I get tired just reading your notes.

It really is overwhelming sometimes.  I have never had a set of puppies before.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.