April 18, 2024, 10:34:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542965 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: March 03, 2010, 10:29:26 PM »

I have a John Deere wagon that pulls behind my little tractor.  maybe I can haul them in that.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: March 03, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »

Magnolia

I babysat a grandpup for two weeks.  I have never been so tired.  I can't imagine dealing  with all those pups....even if they are the cutest things...phew, I get tired just reading your notes.

It really is overwhelming sometimes.  I have never had a set of puppies before.

Sounds like you're doing great. 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »

Magnolia - love those puppies.

Just dropped in to mention what a breeder friend of mine used to do when she had litters needing vet treatment such as dew claws or vaccinations before they were fully immunised.  One vet would actually come to her house to do this but when he moved away the replacement vet would come out to her car to check and vaccinate the pups.  That way they did not have to enter the clinic and thus avoided any germs that may have been floating around.  It sounds like your vet would consider this idea.

Hey, Tibro!  That is a great idea.  Thanks.
Some of my puppies have double dew claws on their back feet.

I was scared to death that little Amos was going to be blind, because his eyes hadn't opened and it looked
flat behind the eye lid, but his little eyes are partially opened tonight.  I was so thankful.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: March 03, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »

Magnolia - my vet told me to keep Petey away from being around a lot of strange dogs (like the dog park) until he had all his shots.  So I go this week for his final shots. Actually I should have gone last weekend but I forgot, LOL.  They have a immunization clinic on the weekends.

I think what Anna is saying is like a doctors office, there might me a sick dog/puppy there.  I'm sure you will be fine though especially since you will really have to crate them to bring them in right now.

The vet said that the pups have natural immunities until they are 4 weeks old.  I am deadly afraid of Parvo,
but they have natural immunities for that until 4 weeks.....I think.  That is why I want to keep them inside.
This vet doesn't even have a receptionist and he makes change out of his pocket.  But he is a really good vet.
He just ain't fancy.

I think I am going to take them.  I can't lift a crate and the pups, so I will put them in a huge picnic basket.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Magnolia,

Of course you will have to get their shots.  I always gave my own of those and you could, too.  Call 1-800-JEFFERS and ask for a pet catalog.  Don't forget syringes.  But if you have the vet do it, you will likely have to take them.  I just have such a fear of parvo and pup viruses in general!  Jeffers are in Dothan and ship so fast it's there before you hang up the phone.  They are cheaper and really pack things well.

NEMEX 2 is a really good womer.

Guess you have noticed those little claws, too.  You really need to snip the tips off or they will scratch the mother nursing.  Make a raw spot then she won't nurse them any more!  You can probably see a tiny little hook right on the end of the claw and that's what's so sharp.  Just tiny and that's all you need to remove.  Best to do it when they are sleeping, too.

You can rub their eyebrows and put them to sleep, haha.  At least works on terriers.  Just back and forth really slowly with thunb and forefinger and they will just drift right off.

My vet said you could give TUMS for calcium as Yorkies won't chew up the regular pills, they can be finicky so if she won't take the tablets, you can try fruit flavored tums.

When the pups are big and there are so many, the mother will wean them really early, too.  Powdered Esbilac is cheaper than canned and good to start to feed them with.  Wish I could give you my old puppy pans, raised in the middle because this is the only time you will need one but nice to have.  Otherwise, they will just wade right in the food like anything.

This weekend is supposed to be warmer so maybe it will even be spring one of these days and they can go outside and play and get tired.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: March 03, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »

Well, I am sort of glad Anna is spoken for because I was wanting her really, really badly.  I miss my dogs so much!  But I can't have one over 20 pounds here and I think she will be.  She looks like a right good sized young lady!  I was thinking how I could tell the apartment manager I was just pupsitting or something.  Keep her hidden all the time the manager is around.  But some of these people would rat me out, I am sure, lol!

What does Hudson think of all those pups?  My Boo the Westie was the best dad ever.  He would pup sit and get between the mother and the pups when the mother was weaning them if she growled at them.  He would get upset but I always told everybody they were Boo's pups and he understood and was proud.

I hope Hudson like them and won't be jealous.  Some of the Yorkies were jealous of the pups and would try to get people to look at them instead of the pups, etc.  But Boo was just proud of his.  I would hold the pup and say Boo nose and touch the pup's nose then Boo's and go to ears, eyes, tail-tail, etc. and I think he really got it.

But 10 is really a lot at one time.  I'd let the ones that are spoken for go to the new owners soon as they are eating really well if you trust the people that much.  Give both you and the mother a break.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:17 PM »

anyone know yet if this is an actual missing report yet?

http://www.ontherecordmagazine.com/?p=1156    It wont let me copy the article so theres only a link.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: March 03, 2010, 11:20:48 PM »

Well, I am sort of glad Anna is spoken for because I was wanting her really, really badly.  I miss my dogs so much!  But I can't have one over 20 pounds here and I think she will be.  She looks like a right good sized young lady!  I was thinking how I could tell the apartment manager I was just pupsitting or something.  Keep her hidden all the time the manager is around.  But some of these people would rat me out, I am sure, lol!

What does Hudson think of all those pups?  My Boo the Westie was the best dad ever.  He would pup sit and get between the mother and the pups when the mother was weaning them if she growled at them.  He would get upset but I always told everybody they were Boo's pups and he understood and was proud.

I hope Hudson like them and won't be jealous.  Some of the Yorkies were jealous of the pups and would try to get people to look at them instead of the pups, etc.  But Boo was just proud of his.  I would hold the pup and say Boo nose and touch the pup's nose then Boo's and go to ears, eyes, tail-tail, etc. and I think he really got it.

But 10 is really a lot at one time.  I'd let the ones that are spoken for go to the new owners soon as they are eating really well if you trust the people that much.  Give both you and the mother a break.

Hudson is really good about the babies.  I will hold one and let him sniff it, but if it screams he is outta there.
You wouldn't believe how loud they can scream.  Peter R. DeVries growls when I pick him up.  It is that Dutch
in him!

I am keeping them for 8 weeks.  If they have ACD in them, they will bite if taken from their mother before that.
Hudson wouldn't bite a biscuit and I left him with his mama till he was 8 weeks.  His daddy, Roscoe, was taken
away from his mama at 6 weeks and he bites something awful.....just the ankles.  The mama breaks them of
that between 6 and 8 weeks.

I figure these pups will go 50 lbs at least when grown.....but what do I know?  Maybe we should DNA test them.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: March 03, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »

http://www.ontherecordmagazine.com/?p=1156    It wont let me copy the article so theres only a link.

Maybe too soon?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1633103/20100303/j_kwon.jhtml

Actually I see they say a month.  Wonder if it's a publicity stunt?
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »

Maybe too soon?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1633103/20100303/j_kwon.jhtml

Actually I see they say a month.  Wonder if it's a publicity stunt?

i wonder.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »

For those that may not get over to the Food and Product Recall area:
Diabetic test strip recall
OneTouch SureStep Test Strips
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7274.msg1086407#msg1086407

Thanks Muffy....I am forwarding that info to some family and friends who are diabetics...just in case.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: March 04, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »

Here is a little puppy update:

They turned two weeks yesterday and they are double the size they were when born.
All but Amos, the blue leopard spotted one, have their eyes open.  Amos was the last one
born and he has one eye partially open.  He is very cuddly and loving.

Wreck can walk, though he is wobbly.  The others are still scooting around like big fat turtles.

They are about to outgrow their televison box.  I have located a puppy play yard...a freestanding, plastic
fence with a gate that I am going to buy and put in the breakfast room, in front of the French doors.
I can't figure anything else to do.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Anna is the sweetest of all the puppies and the smallest.  She sleeps on her back with all four feet in the air.
She is half the size of Tex, who is a whopper and very lazy.

I tried yesterday to make some more pictures and ended up with blurrs.  They are active and fast
I will try again when all eyes are open.  They are still cute as little dolls and very healthy.

Magnolia, thanks for the update on your little brood!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

Another toy for Petey!      I love the way he looks at you and then goes on doing his thing!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »

From Magnolia 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rest in Peace Caylee

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #753 on: March 04, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »

http://www.candyfavorites.com/Betty-Pop-Pez-Dispenser-Large-pr-3444.html

Hi Monkey's,

LOL, Betty Boop Pez...she is skinny!   

candyfavorites.com

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: March 04, 2010, 07:22:43 PM »

Hey Muffy    Monken has some new cakes

You just told the mouse where you keep the cheese!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: March 04, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

I think he is just waiting for you to put the pool in for him.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »

Bearly - My husband is already talking about getting him one of those kiddie pools for this summer 

He loves getting new toys 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »

Anna, this made me cry.  You just lovin' on those pups and Boo being so proud.  I can just envision it all.   I can feel the ache in your heart.  You have touched me so much with your pup stories and the help you have given to our friend, Magnolia.  I will say some extra prayers for you, I really think there is a pup somewhere that needs you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: March 04, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »

Magnolia - love those puppies.

Just dropped in to mention what a breeder friend of mine used to do when she had litters needing vet treatment such as dew claws or vaccinations before they were fully immunised.  One vet would actually come to her house to do this but when he moved away the replacement vet would come out to her car to check and vaccinate the pups.  That way they did not have to enter the clinic and thus avoided any germs that may have been floating around.  It sounds like your vet would consider this idea.

Hey, Tibro!  That is a great idea.  Thanks.
Some of my puppies have double dew claws on their back feet.

I was scared to death that little Amos was going to be blind, because his eyes hadn't opened and it looked
flat behind the eye lid, but his little eyes are partially opened tonight.  I was so thankful.

Magnolia, you are such a good puppy Mom.  You have taken on a huge responsibility without any training.  I am so proud to know you.  I am glad you have Anna and others to guide you.  This beats the twin stories we had around here by a mile.  I can just imagine you on your land like in Annie Get Your Gun!  I am having so much fun listening to you talking about Hudson and the pups and their mama.  I wish more men and their families would take responsibility for their children like you and Hudson have.

Give the pups and their parents a "bear hug" from me and an extra squeezy one for you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: March 04, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »

Just hope he doesn't do that in the kitchen Klaas!   

When I'm filling the water tub for the outside dogs one of our JR's attacks the stream from the hose like crazy!  I've never seen anything like it, and I've had a lot of dogs!   

I wonder if it is the reflection of the sunshine in the water that he is after.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.