April 26, 2024, 04:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543225 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

Just hope he doesn't do that in the kitchen Klaas!   

When I'm filling the water tub for the outside dogs one of our JR's attacks the stream from the hose like crazy!  I've never seen anything like it, and I've had a lot of dogs!   

Hiya, Sis!

He is probably trying to get a hold of it and wonders why it keeps slipping through his paws!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: March 04, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »

Bearly - My husband is already talking about getting him one of those kiddie pools for this summer 

He loves getting new toys 

Why does that not surprise me!

I think Petey would find entertainment anywhere, that's why you need to get him new toys or he will end up in the washer amidst the sheets or somewhere else you are not expecting him!

Does he come when called?  Oh, I mean do you come when he calls!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #762 on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »

Pictures of the tallest snowman-woman in the world. From Bethel, Maine. 122 feet tall.

2 4 1
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #763 on: March 05, 2010, 11:39:18 PM »

A little bit of puppy news.....

First of all, I cut all of their fingernails today.  There are a lot of fingernails.
Most were very good about it, but Tex was just awful.  He cried and squirmed and twisted.
When he realized that I was not going to let him go, he threw his head back and let out a howl
that was like a timber wolf.  Where on earth did he learn that?  He can't even hear yet.

I think their ears are opening up.  There was a lot of yawning and I have not seen them yawn before.

I couldn't figure out how Wreck had gotten so dirty.  I change their sheets twice a day.
But I had a baby wipe just scrubbing on him and I realized that his white hair has taken on "blue"
undertones.  He wasn't dirty at all.  He is starting to look like No Rose's pup in her avitar. (without the hat)

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2010, 01:14:38 AM »

A little bit of puppy news.....

First of all, I cut all of their fingernails today.  There are a lot of fingernails.
Most were very good about it, but Tex was just awful.  He cried and squirmed and twisted.
When he realized that I was not going to let him go, he threw his head back and let out a howl
that was like a timber wolf.  Where on earth did he learn that?  He can't even hear yet.

I think their ears are opening up.  There was a lot of yawning and I have not seen them yawn before.

I couldn't figure out how Wreck had gotten so dirty.  I change their sheets twice a day.
But I had a baby wipe just scrubbing on him and I realized that his white hair has taken on "blue"
undertones.  He wasn't dirty at all.  He is starting to look like No Rose's pup in her avitar. (without the hat)

Good idea to cut their toenails BEFORE they start getting their teeth    I'm looking forward to Petey losing his puppy teeth  Monkey Devil!

More pics - we need more pics! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »

Here is the latest photo of ALL of them!  Magnolia is going to go pick up a "pen" for them today as they are quickly outgrowing this box!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »

OMG how adorable, I just love the little one sleeping on her back. Between these cuties and watching Petey, especially watching him playing in his water bowl, that just brightens my day 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »

Magnolia,  I would have needed some valium for all those nails or at least some good strong Scotch!  But the mother will thank you.  Those tiny hooks they are born with are just plain sharp.

I see Anna upside-downded as I always called it to the pups.  They will do that when they are good and warm.  That is interesting about the biting.  And breed-specific I guess.  I only know terriers, lol.  They DIG, haha!  You always have a yard full of little pit holes if you have terriers, earth dogs.

Wait until the mom starts to feed them standing up, that's hilarious also.  As for Tex howling, as I posted before, one of life's great mysteries to me was always how pups dream of running before their eyes open.  Little legs will run in their sleep but they never have and have never seen another dog running so how do they dream of it?  Collective consciousness or something.  And it's amazing when they first see light, looking at a lamp even.

Microfiber cloths you can get at the Dollar Store are great for cleaning them.  And everything else.  I can't live without them now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

Klaas,
Most terriers love water!  I went the kids pool for the first few years but they are really hard to empty.  Here they will grow algea in a couple of days and have to be scrubbed with clorox water.  So I changed to something smaller I could empty easier.  Those under the bed storage thingies that are about six inches deep?  And for the Yorkies jumbo cat litter pans --NEW of course!  Because they are easier to empty.

But maybe between the two of you, you and hubby can empty a pool but would say to keep it small or it will become a real chore.  With small you can hose it out in no time.  It's so hot here, they really need one as even with air conditioning inside, they don't want to stay inside all the time and if given the choice via doggie door, mine always wanted out afraid they would miss something no matter how hot. 

Just saying. . . keep it small!  He can still get wet and play eve if shallow.  And wait until he comes inside hot and gets in his water bowl even if he doesn't really fit!

Yeah, I miss the dogs so much but have this one little Yorkie who has become a total tyrant.  I think she has that "little dog symdrome" that makes them a total brat.  Well, I was a dog breeder, not a trainer.  Mine were always trained to do exactly whatever they wanted to do I guess.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »

Funny Westie story--

With my first two, I had a lot to learn.  But one of them was the smartest dog I have ever seen about getting her way.  I didn't know that at the time as I had only read about them and not actually had a Westie before, just Yorkies.

Names Bonnie and Boo.  One day they found a dead frog for contrary to Al Gore, the farm always had a zillion of them.  So they gleefully rolled all on it and had to be bathed but I couldn't find the actual frog!  Next day, same thing!  I was not amused but still couldn't find the frog. 

Third day, I am watching them out the window,  Westies being so white really show up and are fun to watch running and playing.  I see Bonnie BURY the frog before  them come in the doggie door.

She was burying it from me and planning to dig it back up for their daily rolling!  Some dogs can be TOO smart and use it to outsmart you!

She would also hide around the corner and jump out and scare Boo!  Figured out to jump up on the cat perch in the window and sleep as well.  I had one of those vanity chairs in the bathroom and one day she came out with my toothbrush in her mouth.  That's when I knew they needed their own room and added one just for them by enclosing a huge back porch.  She would use different things to climb on to reach her goal.

What would we do without our pups to fill our empty nests!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »

Magnolia,  I would have needed some valium for all those nails or at least some good strong Scotch!  But the mother will thank you.  Those tiny hooks they are born with are just plain sharp.

I see Anna upside-downded as I always called it to the pups.  They will do that when they are good and warm.  That is interesting about the biting.  And breed-specific I guess.  I only know terriers, lol.  They DIG, haha!  You always have a yard full of little pit holes if you have terriers, earth dogs.

Wait until the mom starts to feed them standing up, that's hilarious also.  As for Tex howling, as I posted before, one of life's great mysteries to me was always how pups dream of running before their eyes open.  Little legs will run in their sleep but they never have and have never seen another dog running so how do they dream of it?  Collective consciousness or something.  And it's amazing when they first see light, looking at a lamp even.

Microfiber cloths you can get at the Dollar Store are great for cleaning them.  And everything else.  I can't live without them now.

Something funny to me....the mother has never attempted to move one of the pups.  She looks for me to move them.
One got out of the box and she came and got me to pick it up.  Since they have gotten bigger, she walks around
the box and studies the situation and then looks at me.....like...you have got to make me a place.  So I do and she
gets in.  She is a smart girl and we communicate very well for being strangers.  I like her.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Klaas,
Most terriers love water!  I went the kids pool for the first few years but they are really hard to empty.  Here they will grow algea in a couple of days and have to be scrubbed with clorox water.  So I changed to something smaller I could empty easier.  Those under the bed storage thingies that are about six inches deep?  And for the Yorkies jumbo cat litter pans --NEW of course!  Because they are easier to empty.

But maybe between the two of you, you and hubby can empty a pool but would say to keep it small or it will become a real chore.  With small you can hose it out in no time.  It's so hot here, they really need one as even with air conditioning inside, they don't want to stay inside all the time and if given the choice via doggie door, mine always wanted out afraid they would miss something no matter how hot. 

Just saying. . . keep it small!  He can still get wet and play eve if shallow.  And wait until he comes inside hot and gets in his water bowl even if he doesn't really fit!

Yeah, I miss the dogs so much but have this one little Yorkie who has become a total tyrant.  I think she has that "little dog symdrome" that makes them a total brat.  Well, I was a dog breeder, not a trainer.  Mine were always trained to do exactly whatever they wanted to do I guess.

Great idea Anna!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »

Something funny to me....the mother has never attempted to move one of the pups.  She looks for me to move them.
One got out of the box and she came and got me to pick it up.  Since they have gotten bigger, she walks around
the box and studies the situation and then looks at me.....like...you have got to make me a place.  So I do and she
gets in.  She is a smart girl and we communicate very well for being strangers.  I like her.

The good Lord knew that momma was going to need help, so he sent her to you Magnolia!

My bet is she doesn't consider you a stranger at all....you're her hero!   

I love the new picture of all of them!   

Tex...howling about his nails being clipped!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2010, 07:25:21 AM »

Klaas,

Great idea Anna!

Hi Klaas & Monkey's,

My dog would dunk his paws in water, he liked to have his paws wet.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #774 on: March 08, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »

I need a Petey fix!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #775 on: March 08, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »

I have to admit, I've never had a dog that actually likes water before.  Normally we keep the water dish in the kitchen.  Today I heard some noise behind me and though "boy Petey sure is thirsty", lolol.....wrong!  He was playing in the water!

Magnolia - check and see if your camera can take short videos, that might be the solution for you!

Just hope he doesn't do that in the kitchen Klaas!   

When I'm filling the water tub for the outside dogs one of our JR's attacks the stream from the hose like crazy!  I've never seen anything like it, and I've had a lot of dogs!   

Hiya, Sis!

He is probably trying to get a hold of it and wonders why it keeps slipping through his paws!

Petey needs a pool, Klaas! You should pick one up for him. He's a natural! 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #776 on: March 08, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »

I need a Petey fix!

Hellllllooooooo CBB
crazybabyborg
« Reply #777 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:42 AM »

You're a good Mommie's Mama, Magnolia! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #778 on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:28 AM »

I need a Petey fix!

Hellllllooooooo CBB

Hiya Jackie!  How are you?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #779 on: March 08, 2010, 02:14:45 AM »

Did you watch the academy awards? What was your favorite dress? Hmmmm?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.