April 26, 2024, 09:12:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543238 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #980 on: March 16, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »

Here's the link to Monken's latest cake creation:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1095161#msg1095161
Flaming Guitar Birthday Cake 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #981 on: March 16, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/22850720/detail.html

FBI May Be Behind Your New Facebook Friend
Report Details Law Agencies' Social Media Strategy

RICHARD LARDNER, Associated Press Writer

Posted: 3:24 am EDT March 16,2010Updated: 6:16 am EDT March 16,2010
WASHINGTON -- The Feds are on Facebook. And MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter, too.

U.S. law enforcement agents are following the rest of the Internet world into popular social-networking services, going undercover with false online profiles to communicate with suspects and gather private information, according to an internal Justice Department document that offers a tantalizing glimpse of issues related to privacy and crime-fighting.

Think you know who's behind that "friend" request? Think again. Your new "friend" just might be the FBI.

(snipped)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #982 on: March 16, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

As I haven't chatted much outside of a thread, I need to ask Muffy what happened to the gratefulness candle for my sister Connie and I'm not understanding why a "link?" was added.  Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
If my request for a gratefulness candle thread is out of place, just delete the damn thing!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »

As I haven't chatted much outside of a thread, I need to ask Muffy what happened to the gratefulness candle for my sister Connie and I'm not understanding why a "link?" was added.  Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
If my request for a gratefulness candle thread is out of place, just delete the damn thing!

In the Monkey Lounge area, just above the Prayer thread we have an entire area for the Gratefullness candles.  Your link to Connie's candles is there.  We created that area so it would be easy to locate the links to the many candle requests. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5692.0
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #984 on: March 16, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

Sister, I'm not Muffy, but your sisters' thread is still there, just on page 2. As new threads get added, older ones get pushed to the next page. We are having trouble keeping Natalee's thread on page one.
The link was added to all the candle threads, it takes you to the original story or thread. If that makes sense.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #985 on: March 16, 2010, 01:44:04 PM »

Klaas you type faster than I do. 

2 4 1
crazybabyborg
« Reply #986 on: March 16, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »

Klaas you type faster than I do. 

There is nothing Klaas doesn't do faster than anyone else! She's a virtual blur!   

Hiya, SuzieQ!!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #987 on: March 16, 2010, 02:17:35 PM »

Here's the link to Monken's latest cake creation:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1095161#msg1095161
Flaming Guitar Birthday Cake 

That's amazing! Monken? You've outdone yourself!!! Beautiful and it's making me hungry!!!  YUM!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #988 on: March 16, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »

Damn, I posted over here when I wanted it in Caylee's thread....I'll find a Mod to have it removed.....................DUH!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #989 on: March 16, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »

Damn, I posted over here when I wanted it in Caylee's thread....I'll find a Mod to have it removed.....................DUH!!

Interesting post, though.   
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #990 on: March 16, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »

FWIW - I have been attacked all over the internet, most recently because of the Chelsea King and Amber Dubois cases.  It is my belief that an ex monkey mod or ex monkey is behind these personal attacks.  They are attempting to post my private personal information in very public places.  Thankfully, the website/news stations are being very nice and are banning those IP's and anything that might be posting of my personal information.  I have been in touch with the Managing Editors of those papers.  I have also alerted my local police about some of the written threats I've received. 

It is very difficult if not impossible to know for absolutely certain who a poster really is.  Some people that have been closer to other posters, even became friends via phone and email outside the forum are far more likely to know a persons posting style and that's why I can't say if Budsgirl is wrong or right about her assumptions.

Budgirl has a right to believe what she does as and long as she keeps her beef out of the missing persons threads I really don't care.  I'm sure that Mymonkey is a big person (girl/guy) and can handle themselves.  In the overall scheme of things, ex Monkeys aren't all that high on my list 

Thanks Klaas.  I really hope you're able to find out who is behind the attacks.

Sorry, Leroy - Sorry, Sunny.  I hereby promise to restrain myself from here on out.     

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #991 on: March 16, 2010, 04:50:31 PM »

Thanks Klaas.  I really hope you're able to find out who is behind the attacks.

Sorry, Leroy - Sorry, Sunny.  I hereby promise to restrain myself from here on out.     

Thanks Bud's Girl....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #992 on: March 16, 2010, 05:13:56 PM »

FWIW - I have been attacked all over the internet, most recently because of the Chelsea King and Amber Dubois cases.  It is my belief that an ex monkey mod or ex monkey is behind these personal attacks.  They are attempting to post my private personal information in very public places.  Thankfully, the website/news stations are being very nice and are banning those IP's and anything that might be posting of my personal information.  I have been in touch with the Managing Editors of those papers.  I have also alerted my local police about some of the written threats I've received. 

It is very difficult if not impossible to know for absolutely certain who a poster really is.  Some people that have been closer to other posters, even became friends via phone and email outside the forum are far more likely to know a persons posting style and that's why I can't say if Budsgirl is wrong or right about her assumptions.

Budgirl has a right to believe what she does as and long as she keeps her beef out of the missing persons threads I really don't care.  I'm sure that Mymonkey is a big person (girl/guy) and can handle themselves.  In the overall scheme of things, ex Monkeys aren't all that high on my list 

Again???????????? Sorry,  you are going through this again

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #993 on: March 16, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »

Sister, I'm not Muffy, but your sisters' thread is still there, just on page 2. As new threads get added, older ones get pushed to the next page. We are having trouble keeping Natalee's thread on page one.
The link was added to all the candle threads, it takes you to the original story or thread. If that makes sense.

FOR SISTER:
I have removed the link in question and I apologize if I've hurt you in any way.  It had been requested some time ago by some monkeys to please add links to the candle threads, exactly for the reason SuzieQ stated.  I was in Connie's thread this morning to light a candle for her, and realized there was no link back for her.  We have posters and guests that come to the gratefulness candles and I thought to link back to the prayer thread for Connie  because you have updated us in the past how she was doing with her recovery.  This seems to have angered you, and again, I apologize.  I meant well.  I didn't move the thread, as you can see:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5692.0

I don't really understand your last statement in your post, Sister.   All you had to do was ask if you had question and not make accusations and attacking me.   I have never shown harshness to you and I don't understand your anger toward me and the very mean spirited way you have spoken to me.  If you could see the link I did back to the prayer thread in Connie's gratefulness candle thread, then you could have seen her gratefulness candles, which are the first thing there. They didn't go anywhere anytime.     Why would you think I removed Connie's candles?  It's not making sense to me.  All I did was add a link back to the prayer thread in a gesture of kindness, which I have since removed.  No one here would deny a gratefulness candle request for you or anyone.  Again, I will apologize for any sorrow or pain you may have suffered.  The gratefulness candles  MuffyBee

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #994 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »

Hey Guys, here's a pic of the little pink pup, her name is Dolly & she's adorable! Have a good evening all! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #995 on: March 16, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio – Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 – Special Guests: Rusty Shakelford from the Jawa Report, Diane Dimond, ET Correspondent & Blink from Blink on Crime

LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW LIVE TONIGHT AT 9PM ET ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO

Tonight Dana welcomes special guests:

* Rusty Shakelford, one of the the most preeminent bloggers from the anti-terrorism web site The Jawa Report will be discussing terrorism. He will be discussing the recent terror plots and arrests of Jihad Jane and Jihad Jamie.  Rusty will be discussing all things terrorism and jihad. Don’t miss this interview, it will be a special treat. SM would like to thank the Jawa Report’s efforts to combat terrorism and helping keep us safe.

* Diane Dimond, ET Correspondent will be discussing the death of Hollywood actor Corey Haim. Another celebrity death due to an overdose of prescription drugs.
    * Blink - Crime Blogger from Blink on Crime will be discussing the Casey/Caylee Anthony murder case.

LISTEN TONIGHT LIVE AT 9 PM ET
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #996 on: March 16, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

Hey Guys, here's a pic of the little pink pup, her name is Dolly & she's adorable! Have a good evening all! 

Well Mercy!  All these puppies I have, and not a single pink one.  I am so jealous.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #997 on: March 16, 2010, 11:22:45 PM »

Again???????????? Sorry,  you are going through this again

I'm so sorry you're going through this again too Klaas!   

I'm glad you've alerted the police.

Hang in there!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #998 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »

Well Mercy!  All these puppies I have, and not a single pink one.  I am so jealous.

I was just looking for anything new about them!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #999 on: March 17, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »

My sister's thread has been on page 2 for quite a while and I have no problem with that.  I don't understand why one thread is more important that another, but hey, it matters not to me.  That's not what I'm talking about.  If you will look at the bottom of my post, that was the original candle and now there is a different candle - conn --
I fully understand why "cases" were provided with a link and I thanked Muffy for taking the time to do that.  I do not understand why a link is provided for Connie, but hey, again, whatever.

EDIT: Clarification by MuffyBee
1.  IMO no one's thread is more important than another.  I have never said one was more important than another, and the thread order in a forum changes automatically with posting and when new threads are added.  I do not control the order the threads are in.

2.  I am not the  designated keeper of the Gratefulness Candles threads.  I'm not the only person that posts or makes changes there.   Notice there  are others that have created candles and post them.  Note there are several mods  (including 2NJ, Bearly and etc) and admin  (Klasend) that  have helped  create and maintain the threads in the Gratefulness Candles threads just as they do the rest of the forum.  You will see their edit notes or their posts.  When a mod or admin goes into a thread, there is automatically a notation made of the date at the bottom left hand corner of the post.  There are a number of threads I created and they will say MuffyBee, because I went around and gathered the candles that were already created  elsewhere in the forum and I  made a thread  for each of them in the Gratefulness Candle area in order to have them in one place, but I did not create ANY of the Gratefulness Candles you see posted at SM. (see #3 and 4)

3.  I have not ever started a Gratefulness Candle for anyone at anytime, anywhere. 

4.  I did not change the link to your sister Connie's Gratefulness Candle link-see #3.

5.  If I had inadvertently erased the candle link to Connie's Candles, I would have just told you what happened and asked you to please help me repost it.  Again, see #'s 3 and 4. 

6.  I made a screen capture of Connie's Gratefulness Candles post and it has the link to the candle that was there and the link to the prayer thread I had posted.  I then deleted the link to the prayer thread that was causing your concern.  I made the screen cap just in case there was a problem when I removed the link and am prepared to send that to Klaasend if necessary.  If there is a link there that is different,  maybe it has to do with Gratefulness Candles themselves (see #'s 2, 3, 4, & 5)

7.  I have been lighting candles in Connie's thread from time to time and saying a prayer for her recovery.  That's why I was in her thread the day I made the link to the Prayer Thread, and that makes it very hard for me to comprehend all the things you've said to me and accused me of in the last two days. 

8.  This is the last comment I have on the subject of your sister Connie's Gratefulness Candles.   I will continue to hope for your sister Connie's recovery.   If my apology and explanations are not adequate, I suggest you email Klaasend our administrator at smklaas@hotmail.com.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:16:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.