March 28, 2024, 06:28:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542229 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 24, 2009, 01:59:04 PM »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:06:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »

Sorry, Nut....I saw you, then you were gone, so I followed through. 

Do you want to set up the next thread?     

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

No prob.....lol. Yup, I did.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »

Hi Monkeys! I just spent a little time in the last cage looking at all those wonderful puppies! Klaas, petey is adorable and getting so big! Monken I'm glad to see pics of Harley and to see that he's doing much better. Hugs to CBB! 2NJ I'm also glad to get Food Network & HGTV back. I'm watching Paula Dean right now, it's about time folks! 

Hope everyone else is doing well! I know I don't post here alot, but I try to follow along (to the best of my ability) besides it's hard not to come back is see the petey updates! 

an angelic monkey

RIP Sweet Puppy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/1120802.html
Baby koala now on view, usually sleeping + video

I wonder if the koalas in the video are related to "Sleuth"?  Cousins? 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:05:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:32:25 PM »

Darla's good friend Pat passed away, she has left a post in the prayer thread  an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »

Hi Guys!!

I just wanted to say thank you for the prayers!   

My son's surgery went well. Now we're dealing with the pain that goes with it. They gave him a femural (sp?) block before they finished the surgery, and he was doing better until it wore off at 4:00 this morning. He had no control of his leg while the block was still in gear and I discovered what it means to have "Mama" kick in gear!  There IS a reason my legs look like a full back's! When push comes to shove, I can almost carry a 265lb. football player!  The trip from the car to the bed was a real trip! His girlfriend (all 98 lbs. of her) was there trying to hold his leg up off of the floor while I had the rest of him! Sometimes I'm glad there aren't cameras everywhere. Crutches were useless at that point because he couldn't control his leg enough to keep it up. We made it............. and I made a beeline to the store to get a urinal!   

TM? The ice pack machine has already been a tremendous help and I can't thank you enough for making me aware of it! We'll get through this and I'm so grateful for the prayers! That's not a cursory remark............. I really mean it! Thank you so much for praying for my son. It's a gift I cherish most and I love you all for giving me a safe place; full of understanding, to ask for it on his behalf.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

CBB I'm so glad everything went well with your son's surgery  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »

CBB - So glad to hear the surgery went well.  That must be such a relief!
 an angelic monkey
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »

CBB....so glad surgery went well and your son is getting good care.  He will have pain with that surgery...so my advice....give him the pain pill whenever he can have it....
it helps to control pain better....rather than wait until he is hurting badly.

Did TM answer you about the recliner?  That is a post-op persons best friend for many types of surgery....don't know about the leg.  I could go on....think I will be a nurse
forever....lol.

Last advice....sleep when the kid sleeps....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »

Darla's good friend Pat passed away, she has left a post in the prayer thread  an angelic monkey

Thank you for letting us know, nrcg. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »

Wishing your son a good and swift recovery, CBB.   an angelic monkey

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »

In case any Louisiana monkeys check in.......

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM LOUISIANA WHEN..... 

-Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside, even in December.   

-You reinforce your attic to store Mardi Gras beads

-You don't look twice when you see pink flamingos in yards of nice subdivisions during Mardi Gras.   

-You save newspapers, not for recycling but for tablecloths at crawfish boils.

-Your ancestors are buried above the ground .

-You drink Community Coffee, have tried Starbucks, but don't see what all the fuss is about. (YEAH!!!)

-You take a bite of five-alarm chili and reach for the Tabasco.

-Every once in a while, you have waterfront property .

-You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, 'Don't eat the dead ones,' and you know what he means.   

-You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday.

-You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

-Little old ladies push YOU out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads .

-You believe that purple, green , and gold look good together.

-Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

-You know what a nutria is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team.   

-Your town is low on the education chart, high on the obesity chart and you don't care  because you're No. 1 on the party chart.

-Your house payment is less than your utility bill.

-You know that Tchoupitoulas is a street and not a disease.

-Your grandparents are called 'Mam-Maw' and 'Paw-Paw.'   

-Your Santa Claus rides an alligator and your favorite Saint is a football player.

-You cringe every time you hear an actor with a Southern or Cajun accent in a 'New Orleans-based' movie or TV show.

-You have to reset your clocks after every thunderstorm.

-You're walking in the French Quarter with a plastic cup of beer.

-When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head.

-You've eaten at one or more of these restaurants, AND know how to pronounce them:     Prejeans, Tu Jac's, Gallatoire's, Ralph & Kacoo's, Brunet's, or Mulatte's.   

-You eat dinner out and spend the entire meal talking about all the other good places you've eaten.

-You call home just to find out what your momma'nem are having for supper tonight.

-You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Louisiana   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »

Mere   

CBB -- Thinking of you & your son, many blessings and prayers for a speedy recovery.  ((Hugs)) 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »

CBB, I just got on to check on your son.  Am so glad to hear the surgery went well.  Take good care of him  (and yourself also). 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »

Hi Guys!!

I just wanted to say thank you for the prayers!   

My son's surgery went well. Now we're dealing with the pain that goes with it. They gave him a femural (sp?) block before they finished the surgery, and he was doing better until it wore off at 4:00 this morning. He had no control of his leg while the block was still in gear and I discovered what it means to have "Mama" kick in gear!  There IS a reason my legs look like a full back's! When push comes to shove, I can almost carry a 265lb. football player!  The trip from the car to the bed was a real trip! His girlfriend (all 98 lbs. of her) was there trying to hold his leg up off of the floor while I had the rest of him! Sometimes I'm glad there aren't cameras everywhere. Crutches were useless at that point because he couldn't control his leg enough to keep it up. We made it............. and I made a beeline to the store to get a urinal!   

TM? The ice pack machine has already been a tremendous help and I can't thank you enough for making me aware of it! We'll get through this and I'm so grateful for the prayers! That's not a cursory remark............. I really mean it! Thank you so much for praying for my son. It's a gift I cherish most and I love you all for giving me a safe place; full of understanding, to ask for it on his behalf.   

CBB, I'm so thankful the surgery went well, and you made it home with him and got him in bed.  That's an accomplishment!  Good idea on the urinal at least until he's getting around with control of that leg; and it will come in handy when he's really hurting and doesn't want to make it worse.  I don't know about yours, but my son made me a nervous wreck on crutches....another accident just waiting to happen!      I agree with all of Mere's advice...she's such a good nurse.  The "machine" was our best friend through the first couple weeks, I'm so glad it's helping your son too.  The pain meds don't ever seem to last until the next dosage time, so hopefully the cold water circulating will help minimize the pain.  I'm sure they will have him doing some exercises with the leg soon (if not already) and the machine will come in handy after those too.  Take care of yourself too please! 

I'm continuing to keep you both in my prayers.  Love ya!    an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »

In case any Louisiana monkeys check in.......

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM LOUISIANA WHEN..... 

-Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside, even in December.   

-You reinforce your attic to store Mardi Gras beads

-You don't look twice when you see pink flamingos in yards of nice subdivisions during Mardi Gras.   

-You save newspapers, not for recycling but for tablecloths at crawfish boils.

-Your ancestors are buried above the ground .

-You drink Community Coffee, have tried Starbucks, but don't see what all the fuss is about. (YEAH!!!)

-You take a bite of five-alarm chili and reach for the Tabasco.

-Every once in a while, you have waterfront property .

-You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, 'Don't eat the dead ones,' and you know what he means.   

-You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday.

-You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

-Little old ladies push YOU out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads .

-You believe that purple, green , and gold look good together.

-Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

-You know what a nutria is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team.   

-Your town is low on the education chart, high on the obesity chart and you don't care  because you're No. 1 on the party chart.

-Your house payment is less than your utility bill.

-You know that Tchoupitoulas is a street and not a disease.

-Your grandparents are called 'Mam-Maw' and 'Paw-Paw.'   

-Your Santa Claus rides an alligator and your favorite Saint is a football player.

-You cringe every time you hear an actor with a Southern or Cajun accent in a 'New Orleans-based' movie or TV show.

-You have to reset your clocks after every thunderstorm.

-You're walking in the French Quarter with a plastic cup of beer.

-When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head.

-You've eaten at one or more of these restaurants, AND know how to pronounce them:     Prejeans, Tu Jac's, Gallatoire's, Ralph & Kacoo's, Brunet's, or Mulatte's.   

-You eat dinner out and spend the entire meal talking about all the other good places you've eaten.

-You call home just to find out what your momma'nem are having for supper tonight.

-You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Louisiana   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »

CBB   Thinking of you and your son. Blessings headed your way. So glad to hear it went well and he is home.

Take Care & God Bless
 an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »

Hang in there CBB and I hope that your son heals well, especially with all the good advice from our friends.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »

Mere,

I didn't get the nutria one.... 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.