March 28, 2024, 08:26:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542233 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:56 AM »

Klaas, Petey needs a puppy treadmill!   

Monkey, I am so glad Harley is feeling better, he looks so cute!   

Sis, that song was beautiful!

CBB, I am still praying for our baby (you) and your baby!   

Hello, Monkeys!  Time to par-tay!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:26 AM »

Muffy and Nut, this is for you!

Man OK After Penis Gets Stuck in Pipe
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/dpgo-man-ok-after-penis-gets-stuck-in-pipe-lwf-20100108_5486325?obref=obinsite

(Guys, you may want to skip this part)  A man who got his penis stuck in a metal pipe was freed after an industrial metal grinder was used to release him.

The Metro reports that the unidentified man, 40, showed up at Southampton General Hospital in the UK where doctors were unable to remove the pipe. So they called the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service who safely cut the pipe off using a grinder in what a spokesman said was a "delicate operation.

Hospital staff said the man never explained how the accident happened. The fire and rescue spokesman told the Metro, "It's certainly an unusual call-out, and I'm sure the man won't be getting into that situation again."

Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:12 AM »

Sorry, Nut....I saw you, then you were gone, so I followed through. 

Do you want to set up the next thread?     

2NJ, that was a herculean effort on the the last thread, you lifted it up and over!

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:23 AM »

Thanks for all the good advice, guys! I'm listening.......... trust me, I'm really listening!

Tomorrow, he takes the brace off for the first time to take a shower. I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that. He has managed to stand up on one leg beside the bed to use the urinal......... and that's it. That alone requires pain meds 15 minutes prior, in preparation. He has only tub/showers at his house. I have a walk in, but that would require getting in the car. I can't fathom any way for him to step up and over into a tub shower. We'll figure it out somehow. Maybe one of those tub seats would be best?

He sets his alarm to take the pain meds on time. The surgeon suggested we do that for the first 5 days, anyway. He starts Physical Therapy next week and all I can say is that I'm not going to think about that until it's time to put him in the car. I know it's for the best to do exactly what he's supposed to do.

OK, enough of me and my problems!

Klaas? Where's Petey? I need a cuteness fix!

Mere? There are several things on that Louisiana list that applies to me! Maybe I could be an honorary Cajun? Michael called my Mother "Mam-Maw", I had to buy a separate oversized suitcase for the Mardis Gras beads for the plane trip home from New Orleans, and then decorated my whole deck and table umbrella with them for three years! I know what a dead crawfish is and I don't eat them, my utility bill has been higher than my house payment and are you really telling me that purple, green and gold DON'T look good together?      
crazybabyborg
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »

Hi Bearly!!         
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 01:41:05 AM »

Hi Guys!!

I just wanted to say thank you for the prayers!   

My son's surgery went well. Now we're dealing with the pain that goes with it. They gave him a femural (sp?) block before they finished the surgery, and he was doing better until it wore off at 4:00 this morning. He had no control of his leg while the block was still in gear and I discovered what it means to have "Mama" kick in gear!  There IS a reason my legs look like a full back's! When push comes to shove, I can almost carry a 265lb. football player!  The trip from the car to the bed was a real trip! His girlfriend (all 98 lbs. of her) was there trying to hold his leg up off of the floor while I had the rest of him! Sometimes I'm glad there aren't cameras everywhere. Crutches were useless at that point because he couldn't control his leg enough to keep it up. We made it............. and I made a beeline to the store to get a urinal!   

TM? The ice pack machine has already been a tremendous help and I can't thank you enough for making me aware of it! We'll get through this and I'm so grateful for the prayers! That's not a cursory remark............. I really mean it! Thank you so much for praying for my son. It's a gift I cherish most and I love you all for giving me a safe place; full of understanding, to ask for it on his behalf.   

Oh, CBB, I am so glad to hear the two of you are doing okay.  You are both in my prayers.

Your story reminds me of the time my brother was in a hip spica and we had to carry him up the stairs in the house and then up the stairs again.  We were looking for him one day, where was he?  Across the street leaning on his crutches shooting hoops!

Hip Spica

That which doesn't kill us............................just feels like it does!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:02 AM »

CBB....so glad surgery went well and your son is getting good care.  He will have pain with that surgery...so my advice....give him the pain pill whenever he can have it....
it helps to control pain better....rather than wait until he is hurting badly.

Did TM answer you about the recliner?  That is a post-op persons best friend for many types of surgery....don't know about the leg.  I could go on....think I will be a nurse
forever....lol.

Last advice....sleep when the kid sleeps....

Great advice, Mere!

I don't think she's listening, though!

I am on tucking-in duty, tonight, CBB!  Your guardian angel is on the way!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 01:51:45 AM »

Hi Bearly

Hi CBB where ever you went.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:19 AM »

Hi Guys!!

My son's surgery went well. Now we're dealing with the pain that goes with it. They gave him a femural (sp?) block before they finished the surgery, and he was doing better until it wore off at 4:00 this morning. He had no control of his leg while the block was still in gear and I discovered what it means to have "Mama" kick in gear!  There IS a reason my legs look like a full back's! When push comes to shove, I can almost carry a 265lb. football player!  The trip from the car to the bed was a real trip! His girlfriend (all 98 lbs. of her) was there trying to hold his leg up off of the floor while I had the rest of him! Sometimes I'm glad there aren't cameras everywhere. Crutches were useless at that point because he couldn't control his leg enough to keep it up. We made it............. and I made a beeline to the store to get a urinal!   

TM? The ice pack machine has already been a tremendous help and I can't thank you enough for making me aware of it! We'll get through this and I'm so grateful for the prayers! That's not a cursory remark............. I really mean it! Thank you so much for praying for my son. It's a gift I cherish most and I love you all for giving me a safe place; full of understanding, to ask for it on his behalf.   

Oh, CBB, I am so glad to hear the two of you are doing okay.  You are both in my prayers.

Your story reminds me of the time my brother was in a hip spica and we had to carry him up the stairs in the house and then up the stairs again.  We were looking for him one day, where was he?  Across the street leaning on his crutches shooting hoops!

Hip Spica

Bearly  did you want to ring his neck? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »

Thanks for all the good advice, guys! I'm listening.......... trust me, I'm really listening!

Tomorrow, he takes the brace off for the first time to take a shower. I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that. He has managed to stand up on one leg beside the bed to use the urinal......... and that's it. That alone requires pain meds 15 minutes prior, in preparation. He has only tub/showers at his house. I have a walk in, but that would require getting in the car. I can't fathom any way for him to step up and over into a tub shower. We'll figure it out somehow. Maybe one of those tub seats would be best?

He sets his alarm to take the pain meds on time. The surgeon suggested we do that for the first 5 days, anyway. He starts Physical Therapy next week and all I can say is that I'm not going to think about that until it's time to put him in the car. I know it's for the best to do exactly what he's supposed to do.

OK, enough of me and my problems!

Klaas? Where's Petey? I need a cuteness fix!

Mere? There are several things on that Louisiana list that applies to me! Maybe I could be an honorary Cajun? Michael called my Mother "Mam-Maw", I had to buy a separate oversized suitcase for the Mardis Gras beads for the plane trip home from New Orleans, and then decorated my whole deck and table umbrella with them for three years! I know what a dead crawfish is and I don't eat them, my utility bill has been higher than my house payment and are you really telling me that purple, green and gold DON'T look good together?      

What about a sponge bath at first?  Or, there are cloths just for this that you get at the pharmacy now that you can give someone a bed bath with and dispose of them.

It will all work out.  You are a very resourceful woman!  Pain meds usually take 20 mins to work if it is by mouth, he may need more for the full affect.  Did the doctor say he can also take extra Tylenol if needed?  He is a big guy!  I hope they are medicating accordingly!

Love ya!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 02:06:04 AM »

Hi Bearly!!         

Hi Sweetie!

You guys are never far from my thoughts! 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 02:07:46 AM »

Hi Bearly

Hi back to you, Green Eyes!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »

Hi Guys!!

Hip Spica

Bearly  did you want to ring his neck? 

No, but my Mother did!  The first thing he said out of anesthesia is Bearly, will you shut up!  Then went back to sleep for hours!

He must have been hallucinating!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 02:19:33 AM »

Hi Bearly

How you feeling? Hows your son doing? Brothers can be such joys and at other times they can be so madding.

Three years ago one of my brothers fail off a wall at work and broke his hip, What did the turkey do has his men carry him to his truck and he drove home. Over 60 miles so he could go to his doctor and not be far away from his family. I wanted to kick him in the bottom for that one. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 02:34:16 AM »

Hi Bearly

How you feeling? Hows your son doing? Brothers can be such joys and at other times they can be so madding.

Three years ago one of my brothers fail off a wall at work and broke his hip, What did the turkey do has his men carry him to his truck and he drove home. Over 60 miles so he could go to his doctor and not be far away from his family. I wanted to kick him in the bottom for that one. 

Fortunately, we were in high school at the time and could not understand what all the commotion was about!   

Mothers!

We are fine.  He has contacts now and it takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours to put in.  He refuses to wear glasses, he says he is afraid the kids will know his eyes are bad.  It sucks to be a teenager as much as we look upon those years wistfully, we only look back knowing what we do now.  Fortunately, they are extended wear and I take them out Saturday night and put them in Sunday night.  I too am glad there are no cameras watching!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 02:37:21 AM »

GE, about your brother,

My youngest brother is like that!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 02:38:56 AM »

How are the Grandkids and your family, GE?

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 02:51:29 AM »

Hi Bearly

I'm here!   

I think that's what you, Bearly, and I are good at..................... TIMING!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »

How are the Grandkids and your family, GE?

What can I say two are teenagers and know every thing. Youngest one talks non stop.   We have good days and bad days. Daughter finely got to move her computer home so she is working from home now.  They are adjusting pretty well to their new schools. Even with the ups and downs I love having them here. I missed them at Christmas when they went to California. But admit it was nice having peace & quiet for a couple weeks.
I really wouldn't want to be a teen in todays world. What a good mom helping with his contacts.  an angelic monkey

I am glad things are going well. I think I will call it a night. Been a very long day here.
So Good Night & Sweet Dreams
Take Care & God Bless
XOXO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »

Hi Bearly

I'm here!   

I think that's what you, Bearly, and I are good at..................... TIMING!   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.