April 19, 2024, 12:41:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542973 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2010, 05:53:25 AM »

Good Morning Miss Bearly Sunshine 

How you doing? Staying warm I hope. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2010, 05:53:25 AM »

http://www.enotes.com/guides/lit

3000+ Guides

eNotes: Our most complete study guides, our eNotes feature a comprehensive analysis of the work, including an introduction, plot summary, character analysis, discussion of themes, excerpts of published criticism, and much more. Many eNotes also contain essays and important quotations or excerpts with commentary. Each guide is specifically designed to meet the needs of high school and undergraduate college students and their teachers, as well as the interests of general readers.

quickNotes: A condensed study guide containing the essential themes, characters, techniques, and social issues in a work. Our quickNotes also feature topics for discussion and other information helpful in the classroom.

Lesson Plans
: The most complete literature lesson plans available, guaranteed. Please visit our Lesson Plans section for more information.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:40 AM »

THE LAST PUBLIC HANGING IN ARKANSAS 1914

So if the story is true that your grandfather was an onlooker, then the hanging was pre-1914

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/sheriffman/hanging.html

NR, that is an interesting story at that link.  I am a genealogy nut and I love reading old articles, books etc.  I told my son that I know he isn't interested in family genealogy but I am and have quite a collection of books, records, deeds, wills etc. that I am trying to get it all recorded in Family Treemaker and I told him to take everything I collected and donate it to our local Historical Society (I even have it all in a big tupperware bin). 

CBB, it snowing to "high heavens" here tonight.  Still saying upwards of 10" of snow.  I have wood for the fireplace and food in the house so I think we will survive until at least Sunday night when temps are going to get down to 5 degrees.  It sounds like you need a generator just in case you lose power.  Take care.

How are you making out BlueMoon?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:06 AM »

So far, so good! It's POURING snow here, but I still have power!   

Mariloo? This is exciting! I love watching the monkey sleuths go to work! They are AWESOME!!

NM!     It's so good to see you!! How are you?

Did someone ask where I was with all the snow? I'm in upper East TN, on the Virginia, NC border. Winters were like this while I was a kid........... lots of snow, but most of my adult life, it's only snowed occasionally each year, and then big snows weren't common. This year has definately been a return to childhood for me, but it's not as much fun when you aren't dying to get the sleds out!   

I have two fireplaces, and my son's house has one........... which is inoperable.    He lives in Mom and Dad's house, which I got after they passed away. Before they ran the direct lines for Natural Gas in the neighborhood, Mom had a big tank put against the house in the back yard and converted the natural wood fireplace to gas. She ended up hating the way the tank looked and had it removed, but never had the installed lines or gas logs taken out. It's occurred to me that I should either have it connected to the direct lines or have them removed so we can burn wood, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. We have flashlights and candles and blankets and groceries.   thumright

I've been trying to take a picture of the snow............ that's not working out well at night! 

Thanks for checking in.  Actually, we should all have generators.  CBB, this is the second time recently you have had a problem.  Please put it on your list.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »

Hi seahorse,
 I am not Northern Rose but as far as I know most of them are public. There are a number of ways to find them. Easiest way is to join Ancestry or Genealogy.com As they have lots of information. I have found lots of that on those two sites. They other way is to go to the state/county and town history sites and start looking. Hope that helps. There is a site called Cindys list of Genealogy sites that might help. Or use any search engine and put in the name you want + Genealogy and see what you come up with.

You are a smart cookie, GE!

It looks like you can join Ancestry.com for free for 14 days.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »

Seahorse, GE, NRose, and other monkeys, I am so impressed by your knowledge and your efforts in helping Mariloo. 

I have always been in awe of the monkeys and the way they reach out to help each other and those who cannot speak for themselves.  You are a great family and if I looked up Bearlyhere in ancestry.com, I would be proud to have you come up as my family.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »

Mariloo? This is exciting! I love watching the monkey sleuths go to work! They are AWESOME!!

Did someone ask where I was with all the snow? I'm in upper East TN, on the Virginia, NC border. Winters were like this while I was a kid........... lots of snow, but most of my adult life, it's only snowed occasionally each year, and then big snows weren't common. This year has definately been a return to childhood for me, but it's not as much fun when you aren't dying to get the sleds out!   

I have two fireplaces, and my son's house has one........... which is inoperable.    He lives in Mom and Dad's house, which I got after they passed away. Before they ran the direct lines for Natural Gas in the neighborhood, Mom had a big tank put against the house in the back yard and converted the natural wood fireplace to gas. She ended up hating the way the tank looked and had it removed, but never had the installed lines or gas logs taken out. It's occurred to me that I should either have it connected to the direct lines or have them removed so we can burn wood, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. We have flashlights and candles and blankets and groceries.   thumright

I've been trying to take a picture of the snow............ that's not working out well at night! 

Thanks for checking in.  Actually, we should all have generators.  CBB, this is the second time recently you have had a problem.  Please put it on your list.

You are so right Bearly. I think we all should have one. I know we are looking into at least putting gas in for emergency's. With an all electric home it worries me about losing power during winter.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »

Hello....here is a picture of Jake at the age of 10 weeks, he is a big boy....I just took this tonight, he weighs 22 pounds now...

Thanks for the new picture, HH!  He is getting bigger.  How is his temperament?

Yahoo!  This is the first time I could access the second page of monkey emoticons, Firefox must have fixed the glitch!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2010, 07:09:47 AM »

Hello Monkeys, I just wanted to come here and tell everyone that I will be attending both vigils for HaLeigh, the one in Baker County and the one in Satsuma....I will take pictures and if anyone is interested in seeing them I will have them on photobucket or facebook and will be glad to direct you over....I dont think it would be a good ideal for me to post them in the forum, the last time I did post pictures in the forum I got called names and laufghed at and everything else so if yall wnna see them let me know and I will make sure I put them somewhere where you can...Thanks  HH

Thank you.  I am sorry your feelings were hurt.

Can you put them on a thread or is that not an option for you?  I understand if you can't,

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2010, 07:11:19 AM »

Hi seahorse,
 I am not Northern Rose but as far as I know most of them are public. There are a number of ways to find them. Easiest way is to join Ancestry or Genealogy.com As they have lots of information. I have found lots of that on those two sites. They other way is to go to the state/county and town history sites and start looking. Hope that helps. There is a site called Cindys list of Genealogy sites that might help. Or use any search engine and put in the name you want + Genealogy and see what you come up with.

I found a new site today called Gov. Geneaolgy. It said free. haha But there is a one time fee to Join. It's one That looks to be very helpful.

http://govgenealogysearch.com/Default.aspx

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »

Good morning, GE.  I hope it is warm where you are.  I am cold and staying under the covers as much as I can.  This weather is brutal on the bones.

I have been catching up with the monkeys and all of their hard work--that's the good side of it.  Monkeys are a smart bunch.

How are the kids and the rest of the Green Eyed bunch?

How is homework going?

study

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:41 AM »

You are so right Bearly. I think we all should have one. I know we are looking into at least putting gas in for emergency's. With an all electric home it worries me about losing power during winter.

Me too.  I do have a fireplace but it is out of order due to the smokestack on top of the house.  Critters put a hole in it.  It is a prefab, the company does not make it anymore, and there is no way to replace just the one part.  It will cost $10,000 to have the whole thing replaced just because of the hole.  The smokestack is now covered in sheet metal, so it looks great, and the tree is cut down so the critters do not have easy access.

The rest of the fireplace and chimney pass inspection.  We have never used it and we have been here more than 10 years.  It is in the kitchen, our house is very small and it is not a practical place.  The family before us never used it and they were here 5 years and the original owners only used it a couple of times.  We could really use the room it takes up.   

I have inquired about adding gas but they told me even vent-free gas logs need venting.   Rolling Eyes

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2010, 07:46:55 AM »

Hi seahorse,

I found a new site today called Gov. Geneaolgy. It said free. haha But there is a one time fee to Join. It's one That looks to be very helpful.

http://govgenealogysearch.com/Default.aspx

There are so many sites that say they are free, then after you put in all of your information, they tell you the information you want is not free.  So, what exactly is free?

Rolling Eyes

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

Good morning, GE.  I hope it is warm where you are.  I am cold and staying under the covers as much as I can.  This weather is brutal on the bones.

I have been catching up with the monkeys and all of their hard work--that's the good side of it.  Monkeys are a smart bunch.

How are the kids and the rest of the Green Eyed bunch?

How is homework going?

study

It's cold here but not has bad as some of the northern and eastern Monkeys. Been staying in the  30's and 20's. But no snow. Much as grand childrens wish for some.

We are all healthy so can't complain. Home work is getting done.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »

Hello....here is a picture of Jake at the age of 10 weeks, he is a big boy....I just took this tonight, he weighs 22 pounds now...

Oh my gosh its Leroy's brother!  I miss Leroy being that little.  He is adorable HH!!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2010, 09:26:56 AM »

Me too.  I do have a fireplace but it is out of order due to the smokestack on top of the house.  Critters put a hole in it.  It is a prefab, the company does not make it anymore, and there is no way to replace just the one part.  It will cost $10,000 to have the whole thing replaced just because of the hole.  The smokestack is now covered in sheet metal, so it looks great, and the tree is cut down so the critters do not have easy access.

The rest of the fireplace and chimney pass inspection.  We have never used it and we have been here more than 10 years.  It is in the kitchen, our house is very small and it is not a practical place.  The family before us never used it and they were here 5 years and the original owners only used it a couple of times.  We could really use the room it takes up.   

I have inquired about adding gas but they told me even vent-free gas logs need venting.   Rolling Eyes

Bearly - we have a fireplace that was originally for wood. We converted it to vent less gas. The new ones have a sensor that turns them off if there is not enough oxygen in the air so they are very safe. We love ours. You should research them online!  Another option is to get a radiant gas heater. The do not have an open flame and are vent less.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »

Seahorse, GE, NRose, and other monkeys, I am so impressed by your knowledge and your efforts in helping Mariloo. 

I have always been in awe of the monkeys and the way they reach out to help each other and those who cannot speak for themselves.  You are a great family and if I looked up Bearlyhere in ancestry.com, I would be proud to have you come up as my family.

Bearlyhere,

What a beautiful compliment to the resourceful monkeys. This is the only site (I have read) where friendship is abundent.
The Monkey's are geniunely helpful with their time and knowledge. Thank-you for such open minded community of ideas
and expressions, this is how we grow, I guess that is an old word "grow", (I enjoy learning) and I enjoy the silliness, too.
Scared Monkey's makes the world a better place.

I put your quote where people can read it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:58:19 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »

Oh my gosh its Leroy's brother!  I miss Leroy being that little.  He is adorable HH!!

For a minute there I thought HH was talking to herself.   

Hi Leroy!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »

Bearly - we have a fireplace that was originally for wood. We converted it to vent less gas. The new ones have a sensor that turns them off if there is not enough oxygen in the air so they are very safe. We love ours. You should research them online!  Another option is to get a radiant gas heater. The do not have an open flame and are vent less.

Thank you so much, Boyz.  I have been in contact with the fireplace company near me.  They are reputable and they are fighting me on this.  I don't know why they won't do it, that is the reason they are giving me.  They are friends and also are the ones you see on the news talking about fireplaces, chimneys, and such when something comes up.  I am very frustrated over this as no one seems to be able to help me. 

I called another company first, this is before we became friends.  They wanted me to replace the whole thing, too.  One of the problems, as I see it, there needs to be two companies involved, one that supplies the tanks of gas and one that puts in the logs.  I even offered to have them put a vent in the side of the house.

The handyman wants me to get an electric one.  I want one I can look at, it seems like it should be simple.  He tried calling the gas company as he bowled with the owner years ago and he will not call him back.  Another issue is I live in a development.  Other people here have them, so I do not see what the big deal is.

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »

Thank you so much, Boyz.  I have been in contact with the fireplace company near me.  They are reputable and they are fighting me on this.  I don't know why they won't do it, that is the reason they are giving me.  They are friends and also are the ones you see on the news talking about fireplaces, chimneys, and such when something comes up.  I am very frustrated over this as no one seems to be able to help me. 

I called another company first, this is before we became friends.  They wanted me to replace the whole thing, too.  One of the problems, as I see it, there needs to be two companies involved, one that supplies the tanks of gas and one that puts in the logs.  I even offered to have them put a vent in the side of the house.

The handyman wants me to get an electric one.  I want one I can look at, it seems like it should be simple.  He tried calling the gas company as he bowled with the owner years ago and he will not call him back.  Another issue is I live in a development.  Other people here have them, so I do not see what the big deal is.

The gas company will fight you. We ended up buying our own from Home Depot and then installed it (they are pretty easy to do). We have one at the restaurant and have for about 15 years with no exhaust at all. Every time we need to have it cleaned no one will do it. They are worried about liability. As for the gas, you can just buy a 100 lb cylinder and then it is like putting the gas on your grill - just have to have the regulator.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.