March 28, 2024, 02:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542217 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »

Klaas Petey looks like he is ready to attack who ever walks by. He is getting so big.

CBB    How is the CBB household holding up? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »

I woke up to this in my bed early this a.m.
omg, he is so cute, i remember when Kirby was that young....although he still only weighs 3 pounds..lol...he is adorable,

Thank you, he is 2 pounds and acts like he is 80 pounds. He is helping the healing process for all of us here though and is already spoiled. Kirby is a cutie too.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »

Hi seahorse,
 I am not Northern Rose but as far as I know most of them are public. There are a number of ways to find them. Easiest way is to join Ancestry or Genealogy.com As they have lots of information. I have found lots of that on those two sites. They other way is to go to the state/county and town history sites and start looking. Hope that helps. There is a site called Cindys list of Genealogy sites that might help. Or use any search engine and put in the name you want + Genealogy and see what you come up with.

You are a smart cookie, GE!

It looks like you can join Ancestry.com for free for 14 days.

I found a new site today called Gov. Geneaolgy. It said free. haha But there is a one time fee to Join. It's one That looks to be very helpful.

http://govgenealogysearch.com/Default.aspx

Hi Green Eyes,

Ancestry.com is fabulous for "Military Registrations"- I have my Grandfather's WW1 military registration from Ancestry.
The M.R. gives the height,weight, eye and hair color and also residence and next of kin.  I do not have membership
but hope to in the near future. I believe Ancestry is the most reliable genealogy search.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Hi Green Eyes,

Ancestry.com is fabulous for "Military Registrations"- I have my Grandfather's WW1 military registration from Ancestry.
The M.R. gives the height,weight, eye and hair color and also residence and next of kin.  I do not have membership
but hope to in the near future. I believe Ancestry is the most reliable genealogy search.
[/quote]

Hi Seahorse,  Ancestry is wonderful, and I liked Genealogy.com  too! I use to have memebeship to them both.  I have my dads & Uncles WWII Military Registration cards. Haven't found WW I cards. How cool it is when we find some part if our families past.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

Hi Green Eyes,

Hi Seahorse,  Ancestry is wonderful, and I liked Genealogy.com  too! I use to have memebeship to them both.  I have my dads & Uncles WWII Military Registration cards. Haven't found WW I cards. How cool it is when we find some part if our families past.
[/quote]

It is very cool!

Speaking of cool, it snowed again today, enough to disrupt school.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »

Hi Green Eyes,

It is very cool!

[/quote]

Hi Bearly I wish we would get some snow to go along with the cold. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

Hi Green Eyes,

[/quote]

Green Eyes,

It is wonderful to have the registration cards with the details of where they lived. I used Google.com "streetview"
and rode around in the 'google car' checking out where my grandfather lived (at that time) with the address from the R.C.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/

The link below is Civil War, my great uncle is listed but not many details like the registration cards.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;c=1471019

I found a great uncles photo on Ancestry, it was a treat.  If I find the WW1 cards, I will let you know, the may not be
fully loaded, yet?  I believe I have seen a few on familysearch.org 'pilot series'.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »

http://www.ancestry.com/save/charts/WWI.htm

WWI Draft Registration Cards

You must have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these forms. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed you can download it for free now.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=6482

Military

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=6482

Military

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918

Thanks Seahorse.  I will take a look and see what I can find.  I know the first time I ran across some family photos I was so excited. Have you found any pension papers for your civil war ancestors? I also found those on Ancestry.com.
I never thought about using Google to check out the areas they lived in.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »

THE LAST PUBLIC HANGING IN ARKANSAS 1914

So if the story is true that your grandfather was an onlooker, then the hanging was pre-1914

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/sheriffman/hanging.html

No Rose,

That is an interesting article, may I ask how did you dig that up, please?

IDK if all Monkey's are aware of http://www.findagrave.com/.  This search is for famous graves and non famous people.

I am sorry but can not remember.  I have genealogy search sites bookmarked and one of them came up with it. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »

http://www.ancestry.com/save/charts/WWI.htm

WWI Draft Registration Cards

You must have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these forms. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed you can download it for free now.

Paper copies of Civil War pension records can now be requested 

https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonline/start.swe?SWECmd=GotoView&SWEView=GPEA+Topic+Sub-topic+View+FFO&SWEPostnApplet=GPEA+Topic+Information+List+Applet+FFO&SWEPostnRowId=1-C27ND
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2010, 11:54:27 PM »

Not sure if you have come across this yet

http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/civil-war/#intro
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2010, 05:15:04 AM »

Thanks Northern Rose    I can't believe how so much has become so readily accessible since I worked on my family tree. Question for you does Canada have a site that has records for land owners back in the late 1800's. Another question I was looking for records of border crossings back in the 1920's. But The one place I found you had to have dates and names. I have the name but no real dates just between this time and that. So I was never able to get any information. As they wanted so much $ for each date.  I guess what I am asking has the government made it easier to get the information? If that makes any sense.
Thanks

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2010, 07:06:13 AM »

It is very cool!

Hi Bearly I wish we would get some snow to go along with the cold. 

Hi GE!

It does make the cold a little more palatable.  The brightness of the sun reflecting off of the snow raises those happy hormones!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »

Morning Bearly

The grey skys are getting depressing    All I want to do is stay in bed read or sleep.

How are you this morning?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2010, 07:38:56 AM »

Green Eyes,

It is wonderful to have the registration cards with the details of where they lived. I used Google.com "streetview"
and rode around in the 'google car' checking out where my grandfather lived (at that time) with the address from the R.C.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/

The link below is Civil War, my great uncle is listed but not many details like the registration cards.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;c=1471019

I found a great uncles photo on Ancestry, it was a treat.  If I find the WW1 cards, I will let you know, the may not be
fully loaded, yet?  I believe I have seen a few on familysearch.org 'pilot series'.

I could play with that Google Map all day!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:53:44 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »

Morning Bearly

The grey skys are getting depressing    All I want to do is stay in bed read or sleep.

How are you this morning?

Same as you!   Going to get my oil changed soon.

I believe in miracles!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2010, 11:45:34 AM »

Thanks Northern Rose    I can't believe how so much has become so readily accessible since I worked on my family tree. Question for you does Canada have a site that has records for land owners back in the late 1800's. Another question I was looking for records of border crossings back in the 1920's. But The one place I found you had to have dates and names. I have the name but no real dates just between this time and that. So I was never able to get any information. As they wanted so much $ for each date.  I guess what I am asking has the government made it easier to get the information? If that makes any sense.
Thanks

Last year the Govt in Canada launched a site that has a pile of documents from passenger lists, census, tax to war records.  It depends in what part of Canada you are looking for records in.  There are some before Confederation in 1867 for the Western Land Grants and then Crown Land grants after Confederation. Here is the main link to the site.  It takes a bit to navigate it but it is full of records.  They just put up the 1891 census as well.  Not sure about border crossing.  If they arrived by ship that would all be there but don't know if there are even records from borders with the US from back then. 

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/index-e.html
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Thanks

Last year the Govt in Canada launched a site that has a pile of documents from passenger lists, census, tax to war records.  It depends in what part of Canada you are looking for records in.  There are some before Confederation in 1867 for the Western Land Grants and then Crown Land grants after Confederation. Here is the main link to the site.  It takes a bit to navigate it but it is full of records.  They just put up the 1891 census as well.  Not sure about border crossing.  If they arrived by ship that would all be there but don't know if there are even records from borders with the US from back then. 

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/index-e.html

Thanks Northern Rose,
I will check it out. As for the border crossing I will have to go looking again. Maybe in the ten years since I last looked there will be something new. Hope you are having a good day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.