May 01, 2024, 10:39:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543717 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

A young man that my children have been friends with for several years was in a serious auto accident last Saturday morning. He has been sustained on life support since the accident. His family may be removing life support on Monday. My heart breaks for them I am praying for them that they be comforted in this time of need.
When I heard about the accident, the following piece by John Berrio that had been ran in a dear Abby column came to mind. I hope that other teenagers will learn from this tragedy. Please remind all teen drivers that you know of the dangers that are out there. Post the following in their car if you must, but please let them know it can happen to anyone. A young lady the same age driving the same kind of car ended up in critical condition at the same hospital yesterday (Saturday), this has to stop, one lost life is one to many.

Please, God, I'm Only 17... It was just an ordinary school day. How I wish I had taken the bus. But I was too cool for the bus. I remember how I wheedled the car out of Mom. "Special favor," I pleaded, "All the kids drive." When the 2:50 bell rang, I threw all my books in the locker. I was free until 8:40 tomorrow morning! I ran to the parking lot, excited at the thought of driving a car and being my own boss. Free! It doesn’t matter how the accident happened. I was goofing off...going too fast. Taking crazy chances. But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun. The last thing I remember, I was passing an old lady who seemed to be going awfully slowly. I heard the deafening crash and felt a terrible jolt. Glass and steel flew everywhere. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out. I heard myself scream. Suddenly it was quiet. A police officer was standing over me. There was a doctor and my body was mangled. I was saturated with blood. Pieces of jagged glass were sticking out all over. Strange that I couldn’t feel anything. Hey, don’t pull that sheet over my head! I can’t be dead. I’m only 17. I’ve got a date tonight. I’m supposed to grow up and have a wonderful life. I haven’t even lived yet. I can’t be dead. Later I was placed in a drawer. My folks had to identify me. Why did they have to see me like this? Why did my mother have to face the most terrible ordeal of her life? Why did Dad suddenly look like an old man? He told the man in charge, "Yes, that is my child." The funeral was a weird experience. All my relatives and friends walked toward the casket. They passed by, one by one, and looked at me with the saddest eyes. Some of the boys were crying. A few of the girls touched my hand and sobbed as they walked away. I wish someone could wake me up and get me out of this casket! My mom and dad are so broken up. My grandparents are so racked with grief that they can barely walk. My brothers and sisters stare ahead like zombies and move like robots. No one can believe that this happened to me. Please don’t bury me! I have lots of living to do! I want to run and jump again. I want to laugh and sing. Please don’t put me in the ground. I promise if you give me one more chance, I’ll be the most careful driver in the whole world! Please, God, I’m only 17! ~~~~ ~By John Berrio~

Good night Monkeys, has been a long week and I am exhausted. Hate to post and run but I am sleeping on my feet at this point.

I am so sorry, Searching!  Prayers are being said for everyone!

Thank you Bearly, his family decided not to remove his life support just yet but to give him a little more time to heal and allowed the doctors to do a surgery to reduce the swelling in his brain, however, he has now developed an infection. It is a day by day, minute by minute situation.

Hope all monkeys are well.

Searching, thanks for the update..........this is terribly sad

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm just catching up. The stupid stomach virus has affected my whole family! My daughter is the latest, out today.  I've been nursing my granddaughters & finally have them well. I have never used so much hand sanitizer & lysol in my life!! And rubber gloves!!  Also, our friend & neighbor has lymphoma, for the third time! He is in his late 50's & has not taken care of himself, stopped his doctor visits & thought he could live however he wanted. He was in a car accident 2 weeks ago & broke his sternum. That led to the tests & now it doesn't look good. His wife is a minister in another town & has to drive back & forth. It's just a mess! Prayers for him Please!
Also, Klaas, Petey is adorable in the shot where his little leg is hanging off the sofa, he's so happy & carefree. Ahhh! the dog's life!!!! 
And, I have 3 cakes this week!!! What am I doing??!!  They are: New Orleans Saints, ICarly, & Max & Ruby. I've never done the last 2 but I have something cute in mind for both! I'll post pics when I'm done. Love you all!! 

Morning Monken.......sorry to read about the illnesses in the family and your friend.  Take care that you stay well. Will look forward to seeing your cakes.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »

A young man that my children have been friends with for several years was in a serious auto accident last Saturday morning. He has been sustained on life support since the accident. His family may be removing life support on Monday. My heart breaks for them I am praying for them that they be comforted in this time of need.
When I heard about the accident, the following piece by John Berrio that had been ran in a dear Abby column came to mind. I hope that other teenagers will learn from this tragedy. Please remind all teen drivers that you know of the dangers that are out there. Post the following in their car if you must, but please let them know it can happen to anyone. A young lady the same age driving the same kind of car ended up in critical condition at the same hospital yesterday (Saturday), this has to stop, one lost life is one to many.

Please, God, I'm Only 17... It was just an ordinary school day. How I wish I had taken the bus. But I was too cool for the bus. I remember how I wheedled the car out of Mom. "Special favor," I pleaded, "All the kids drive." When the 2:50 bell rang, I threw all my books in the locker. I was free until 8:40 tomorrow morning! I ran to the parking lot, excited at the thought of driving a car and being my own boss. Free! It doesn’t matter how the accident happened. I was goofing off...going too fast. Taking crazy chances. But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun. The last thing I remember, I was passing an old lady who seemed to be going awfully slowly. I heard the deafening crash and felt a terrible jolt. Glass and steel flew everywhere. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out. I heard myself scream. Suddenly it was quiet. A police officer was standing over me. There was a doctor and my body was mangled. I was saturated with blood. Pieces of jagged glass were sticking out all over. Strange that I couldn’t feel anything. Hey, don’t pull that sheet over my head! I can’t be dead. I’m only 17. I’ve got a date tonight. I’m supposed to grow up and have a wonderful life. I haven’t even lived yet. I can’t be dead. Later I was placed in a drawer. My folks had to identify me. Why did they have to see me like this? Why did my mother have to face the most terrible ordeal of her life? Why did Dad suddenly look like an old man? He told the man in charge, "Yes, that is my child." The funeral was a weird experience. All my relatives and friends walked toward the casket. They passed by, one by one, and looked at me with the saddest eyes. Some of the boys were crying. A few of the girls touched my hand and sobbed as they walked away. I wish someone could wake me up and get me out of this casket! My mom and dad are so broken up. My grandparents are so racked with grief that they can barely walk. My brothers and sisters stare ahead like zombies and move like robots. No one can believe that this happened to me. Please don’t bury me! I have lots of living to do! I want to run and jump again. I want to laugh and sing. Please don’t put me in the ground. I promise if you give me one more chance, I’ll be the most careful driver in the whole world! Please, God, I’m only 17! ~~~~ ~By John Berrio~

Good night Monkeys, has been a long week and I am exhausted. Hate to post and run but I am sleeping on my feet at this point.

I am so sorry, Searching!  Prayers are being said for everyone!

Thank you Bearly, his family decided not to remove his life support just yet but to give him a little more time to heal and allowed the doctors to do a surgery to reduce the swelling in his brain, however, he has now developed an infection. It is a day by day, minute by minute situation.

Hope all monkeys are well.

Searching, thanks for the update..........this is terribly sad
I said that wrong and noticed it after I hit send, they did surgery to reduce the pressure on his brain from swelling, he is still in a coma of course. The infection worries me. My son has been crying and said that he feels bad for him but also knows that had he kept hanging out with him all the time as he was, he very well could have been right along side him. He has been really examining his choices in life and has said he plans on making changes. I do not think I could handle that being my child in there like that and my heart breaks for his mom. My daughter is taking it really hard as well.  I am attaching a photo of his car....

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »

I said that wrong and noticed it after I hit send, they did surgery to reduce the pressure on his brain from swelling, he is still in a coma of course. The infection worries me. My son has been crying and said that he feels bad for him but also knows that had he kept hanging out with him all the time as he was, he very well could have been right along side him. He has been really examining his choices in life and has said he plans on making changes. I do not think I could handle that being my child in there like that and my heart breaks for his mom. My daughter is taking it really hard as well.  I am attaching a photo of his car....

I am sorry you children are having a difficult time..... I don't know how anyone lived through that accident.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2010, 01:07:24 PM »

I am sorry you children are having a difficult time..... I don't know how anyone lived through that accident.

I don't either. If he survives all of this then God must have a very special plan for him.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #625 on: February 24, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6421.340

CBB avatar is Bette Boop.  The 4th avatar down on the above link.

Bette Boop is a comic character. I am sorry I misspelled her name earlier.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=b1ie7&p=betty+boop&rs=0&fr2=rs-bottom

Yes I know what CBB's avatar is, and I also know who Betty Boop is. Just never heard of a Bette Boob.

Bette Boob, LOL  Monkey Devil!

LOL!  Bette's well endowed.   

I came from another thread the other day when I mispoke. When I grew up kids were referred to as

'boobs" or maybe "boops", meaning (boob) 1.a stupid person; fool; dunce. The other day, I just read about the Satuma people

and the word 'boob' just fresh in my mind. I honestly mean't no ill will towards Bette Boop, I am afraid BB's fan club will bop me!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »

It has been a trying day in Puppyville.  The babies are a week old tonight.
They woke up fussy at 6:00AM and it was one crisis after the other until 10:00.
They move like little turtles on their fat little bellies.  One would get on it's back
and couldn't turn over and would scream.  One got out of the box and onto the rug
and screamed.  One got on top of the other and the one on the bottom would scream.
Then five of them got the hiccups at once and they looked like bouncing balls.

At ten, the mother couldn't take it any longer and she wanted to go outside.....and she
wouldn't come back in.  She looked at me like "you do it".  So she laid in the sun and slept
until 2:30.  I guess she had a little post partem(sp) depression.

Will send more pictures when I recover from babysitting all day.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

They move like little turtles on their fat little bellies.  One would get on it's back
and couldn't turn over and would scream.  One got out of the box and onto the rug
and screamed.  One got on top of the other and the one on the bottom would scream.

At ten, the mother couldn't take it any longer and she wanted to go outside.....and she
wouldn't come back in.  She looked at me like "you do it".  So she laid in the sun and slept

Poor Magnolia and poor mama!  That's alot of screaming pups! Just wait until their eyes open and they REALLY can get around   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:15 PM »

Poor Magnolia and puppies.    Gee it's been a week all ready. Hope you get some rest tonight. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the pups. They are so cute. I can imagine mama needed a break today. That's a lot of babies to take care of.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »

Well, tomorrow I think I should get to go and sleep in the sun for a few hours.

They are a lot a work.....but oh, so adorable.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #630 on: February 24, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

I don't either. If he survives all of this then God must have a very special plan for him.

Searching, prayers for all of you at this very traumatic time.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #631 on: February 24, 2010, 11:53:51 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6421.340

CBB avatar is Bette Boop.  The 4th avatar down on the above link.

Bette Boop is a comic character. I am sorry I misspelled her name earlier.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=b1ie7&p=betty+boop&rs=0&fr2=rs-bottom

Yes I know what CBB's avatar is, and I also know who Betty Boop is. Just never heard of a Bette Boob.

Bette Boob, LOL  Monkey Devil!

That's my evil twin!!!!   

You can tell it's not me................. I have similar two bulges as butt cheeks, too!     
crazybabyborg
« Reply #632 on: February 24, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »

I'm looking forward to more pics, Magnolia!   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:28 AM »

Searching...thinking of you and all you are dealing with at the moment..that car accident looks horrendous! hang in there friend....

Magnolia...funny description of your puppies! I could picture them trying to get around like turtles!
a long time ago, a dog of mine had 13 pups! a ton of work that is for sure!!!  Mommy doggie needed a break from all of that! bless her heart...and yours! lol

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »

too funny......can't wait to see more pictures!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »

Klaas, what is Petey up to?  I came for my Petey fix!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »

Got a new toy yesterday.  This morning they woke me up at 4am so I'm mad at both of them right now.  Of course, they have gone back to sleep now....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: February 25, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jC2kryuf0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7jC2kryuf0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »

Got a new toy yesterday.  This morning they woke me up at 4am so I'm mad at both of them right now.  Of course, they have gone back to sleep now....

You are gonna need a nap!!...4AM!!!    Where did he go when he went around the couch!  LOL  Have you given him a Kong yet?  They are so funny trying to get peanut butter outta the Kong. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2010, 10:33:46 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jC2kryuf0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7jC2kryuf0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.