April 30, 2024, 04:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543624 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #880 on: March 10, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »

Congratulations Boo, how exciting  an angelic monkey
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: March 10, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »

Let me tell you how crazy I've been................

I was feeling guilty over not having much time to spend on Kubear, right?

I actually tore dog pictures out of a magazine in the Dr's office and taped them to the wall over her food bowl!   

CBB, it is good lookin male dogs?   

Yeah, and I put them on eye level with her, too!    I thought she could use some eye candy for dessert! There's a big St. Bernard.................. a real hunk! Then there's a chiaua, chi wow wow, a little Mexican rat dog, for her to toy with!   

lol.   My mother in law used to have a chi wow wow that ate bacon every morning for breakfast & chewed Juicy Fruit gum at the same time every day.  And that was one mean lil sucker.

My next door neighbor has a young one and it jumps all over you and barks forever at any movement.  They had a new baby on New Year's Eve and I am concerned about the baby especially when she starts to crawl.

Love your outfit, Chickie!  I see the purple, no hat and of course, your bike.

Do you think Blonde is jealous yet??   

Good to see you, love your retro posts.   

Thanks!  No one can say their posts are ignored.   

Good to see you, too.  I think Blonde has turned Brunette with envy.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: March 10, 2010, 06:19:58 PM »

Hey Monkeys!!! I know no one is in the cage right now, but I just have to tell you.........

I'm going to be a Grandma!!!!!   

My middle son called me last night and told me! My daughter-in-law is due beginning of November!!!

Oh yeah, I want to start shopping!! I'm so excited! My first grand baby!!!!!

Wonder if they will consider Boo as a name?? 

Boo,that is fantastic news!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: March 10, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »

The puppies are now in their lovely new 8 sided puppy pen.  They act like I have put them in a puppy concentration
camp and they stand at the gate and cry at top lung.

They have come a long way in the last few days.  They can all walk.  Most can sit on their haunches and
prop up with their arms.  The bigger fatter ones can't sit up yet.  They are all teething.  I can feel the little
tooth buds just under the gum.  They can bark and are beginning to play with each other...biting at ears and tails.

A couple of them will lap at milk, but most just stand in it.

Last night they blew out the TV box and I awoke to puppies everywhere.  It was like an Easter egg hunt
to round them all up.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #884 on: March 10, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »

The puppies are now in their lovely new 8 sided puppy pen.  They act like I have put them in a puppy concentration

They have come a long way in the last few days.  They can all walk.  Most can sit on their haunches and
prop up with their arms.  The bigger fatter ones can't sit up yet.  They are all teething.  I can feel the little
tooth buds just under the gum.  They can bark and are beginning to play with each other...biting at ears and tails.

Last night they blew out the TV box and I awoke to puppies everywhere.  It was like an Easter egg hunt
to round them all up.

Good for you Magnolia, looks like you got the pen in a nick of time!   

We need more pics please when you have the time!   

They may be a little young yet for it but you might try tossing a couple old socks or wash cloths in there for the ones that are playing to tug of war with! 

Maybe that will keep them away from the gate!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/dpgonc-owl-flies-off-with-chihuahua-in-california-fc-20100310_6491451
Owl Flies Off with Chihuahua in California

Wed. March 10, 2010
By Claudia Cowan

(Fox News) - Most pet owners take steps to protect their animals. In Santa Rosa, California, Odessa Gunn worried a car or coyote might one day claim the lives of her dogs, which is why she and her husband, renowned American cyclist Levi Leipheimer, fenced in their property.

But Fox News reported Wednesday that they're mourning the loss of their beloved Chihuahua, Trooper, and nursing their other dog, Bandit, back to health. The attacker came from an unlikely place -- the sky.

Gunn had just let her dogs out into the backyard and was preparing to join them. She recalls, "in the time it took me to put my boots on, I heard what sounded like a really horrendous cat screeching noise. I thought it was a mountain lion or a bobcat or something."

In fact, it was a pair of Great Horned Owls, birds that typically eat rats and squirrels. On this recent night, the birds set their sites on larger prey. From out of the darkness, the two owls swooped down and attacked Trooper and Bandit, just feet away from where Gunn stood.

After a violent struggle, Bandit escaped, bloody and limping, but Trooper was carried off and hasn't been seen since. No fur. No blood. Nothing.

While there are really no good statistics on the frequency of such attacks, wildlife experts say they're rare but almost always lethal. In many ways, owls are the perfect predators; they approach without warning, and their razor-sharp talons can snatch a pooch or cat two to three times their own body weight.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: March 10, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »

I saw that Muffy, it's so sad.  We have a big white owl that I see every once in a while.  I do think that even Petey is too big and heavy for one of them now though.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/dpgonc-owl-flies-off-with-chihuahua-in-california-fc-20100310_6491451

Wed. March 10, 2010
By Claudia Cowan

(Fox News) - Most pet owners take steps to protect their animals. In Santa Rosa, California, Odessa Gunn worried a car or coyote might one day claim the lives of her dogs, which is why she and her husband, renowned American cyclist Levi Leipheimer, fenced in their property.

But Fox News reported Wednesday that they're mourning the loss of their beloved Chihuahua, Trooper, and nursing their other dog, Bandit, back to health. The attacker came from an unlikely place -- the sky.

Gunn had just let her dogs out into the backyard and was preparing to join them. She recalls, "in the time it took me to put my boots on, I heard what sounded like a really horrendous cat screeching noise. I thought it was a mountain lion or a bobcat or something."

In fact, it was a pair of Great Horned Owls, birds that typically eat rats and squirrels. On this recent night, the birds set their sites on larger prey. From out of the darkness, the two owls swooped down and attacked Trooper and Bandit, just feet away from where Gunn stood.

After a violent struggle, Bandit escaped, bloody and limping, but Trooper was carried off and hasn't been seen since. No fur. No blood. Nothing.

While there are really no good statistics on the frequency of such attacks, wildlife experts say they're rare but almost always lethal. In many ways, owls are the perfect predators; they approach without warning, and their razor-sharp talons can snatch a pooch or cat two to three times their own body weight.

Two of Hudson's sisters were snatched by owls when they were 8 weeks old.   I thought it was just the saddest thing.

It was those huge gray owls with yellow eyes that can turn their head all the way around.

That is why I won't let my puppies outside....not that they are old enough yet.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2010, 12:19:14 AM »

I saw that Muffy, it's so sad.  We have a big white owl that I see every once in a while.  I do think that even Petey is too big and heavy for one of them now though.

My vet said sometimes when a cat or dog is missing, it might have been a victim of birds of prey, racoons, coyotes and other creatures, even in an urban setting.   This article just reminds me to keep an eye on my two yorkies, especially the little old lady.  The jack rabbits around here are a lot bigger than my yorkies and the owls do hunt the rabbits. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2010, 01:00:20 AM »

Wed. March 10, 2010
By Claudia Cowan

That's so sad!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »

Wed. March 10, 2010
By Claudia Cowan

Poor Trooper........I forwarded this to my cousin who has a 7 lb MinPin and a big old owl in the woods....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »

Hey Monkeys!!! I know no one is in the cage right now, but I just have to tell you.........

I'm going to be a Grandma!!!!!   

My middle son called me last night and told me! My daughter-in-law is due beginning of November!!!

Oh yeah, I want to start shopping!! I'm so excited! My first grand baby!!!!!

Wonder if they will consider Boo as a name?? 

Oh, I am so happy for you, you deserve this good news!  Yeah, Grandmom!  What do you want the baby to call you?  I am so excited!  I love when the Monkey Family grows!  Keep us informed!

If the baby's name is Boo it might cause too much confusion.  How about Boom?

You guys are so funny! Thank you for joining me in my happy news! As for what the baby will call me, I'm not sure yet. Will have to check with the other Grandma and see what she is going for.  My twin sister commented on my DIL's facebook, Hey maybe it will be twins! Didn't even think of that, maybe it skips a generation?!  This is going to be too much fun!! 
 an angelic monkey

I have been secretly hoping it was going to be twins.  We need something to replace the bad taste in our mouths left by the invistwins of the past.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »

to round them all up.

OMGoodness!  A puppy explosion, I love the way your descriptions make us feel like we are there!  I am laughing so hard my son had to come in to see what happened!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

to round them all up.

Pictures!  We need new pictures!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »

I'll add more as I get them.  Magnolia is sending and I'm posting.  So far I have these 4:

This is big fat Tex.  He is sooooo lazy!

This one is Marvin.

He looks like a bulldog....so does Joe, just smaller!

This is Amos.  He has the Catahouls Leopard Spots.  The Mama has those too, but red and brown.
Amos is Blue and white and I think at least one eye will be blue.
He is one of my favorites.

This is the new puppy pen...that they hate!

That is Wreck and Buck fighting.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:02:56 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »

It's like a smorgasbord of pups 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: March 11, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »

Did you ever see so many kinds of puppies?  I think Wreck may be kin to Hudson, but I am not so sure about any of the others.
I am not totally sure about Wreck.
It doesn't matter, I love them anyway.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:17 AM »

Magnolia - I've never seen such an interesting litter of pups.  They are all just so cute and different!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: March 12, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »

Did you ever see so many kinds of puppies?  I think Wreck may be kin to Hudson, but I am not so sure about any of the others.

Thanks for the pictures Magnolia and Klaas!   

I love them ALL too Magnolia!  They're sooooo cute! 

That looks like a great pen, even if they don't like it!   

I can just imagine how loud it is when they're all crying about it!   

But they are all beautiful, and you're an angel for taking such good care of them all!   an angelic monkey

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37:53 AM »

Thanks for the pictures Magnolia and Klaas!   

I love them ALL too Magnolia!  They're sooooo cute! 

That looks like a great pen, even if they don't like it!   

I can just imagine how loud it is when they're all crying about it!   

But they are all beautiful, and you're an angel for taking such good care of them all!   an angelic monkey

They liked their pen much better today.  I am so proud of them.  They always go to peepee on their Chux.
I coldn't believe they would do that at 3 1/2 weeks but they do.  They wake from a nap and all run over there to go.
The book that I bought told me they would do that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.