April 28, 2024, 12:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 543440 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1720 on: May 21, 2010, 11:25:19 AM »

I just received this totally awesome email...... 

Klaas, I agree and I am going to copy it and send it around!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1721 on: May 21, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »

This is me in the 5th grade.  As you can see I haven't changed much.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  I could pick you out anywhere!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1722 on: May 21, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »

Need some monkey suggestions..........

we are going to spend 5 days in Sedona in June, one day will be devoted to the Grand Canyon, another day to Antelope Canyon, Cameron Trading Post,  Wupatki National Monument, and Flagstaff.  One day to hike around the Red Rocks of Sedona. One day at a Spa and shopping and checking out Sedona art galleries.  That leaves one more full day.....any suggestions on something that is a must see/must do? We are spending 2 days in Phoenix just relaxing and getting pampered.  Any suggestions???

Sunny - go to this link: http://www.canyonranch.com/

I have never been, but My Girlfriend who is a 20 yr + veteran " Massage Therapist and Licensed Esthetician" who now owns her own Spa in metro Detroit. She went to Canyon Ranch with 2 of her girlfriends.. and she said it was wonderful. That is a lot coming from " A person who normally does the service of Massage". And never receives. She told me that " too " it was WAY over priced for what they offered. She said to all and any after her well deserved vacation " Don't be afraid to venture into the NOT so Commercial Spas. She said that the Women who worked in the smaller type setting Independently run " Spa's" were much more in tune and gave superior services, for a fraction of the price charged - She said You have to ask the Local's .. when your down there. She said Be Bold and Really Ask - Due to the fact there are " Spa's everywhere" almost like fast food joints. Always look for CLEAN - when you walk in the door - and collect Menu's prior to booking services. She said Spa's are a dime a dozen in AZ.

Sunny the rule of thumb within personal care services. Me being a retired spa worker - 8 yrs of experience, Esthetician.  Rule is and always has been - 1 dollar per minute of service rendered is the rule - flat out.  For example you have a manicure 30 mins - it should not cost more than 30.00, Actually for a mani 30.00 is high. If it does cost more than 30.00 your money is going to product/house and etc's that you will never see nor know. Same with Massage - One Hour Massage going rate - is 60.00.
That is with a massage therapist that is " educated" and knows the human body - not a fluff and buffer. When you get into Swedish or hot rock or specialty massage they will charge you more. But truly for a ONE hour massage - should not cost you more than 60.00. Maybe 10 over that - if anything - never more than 70.00/75. for a one hour massage.
My girlfriend Jane's spa * she went to Canyon Ranch - her link. You can see her prices. Even in our depressed area of Metro detroit. Her prices are fair and reasonable. Her having over 20+ years experience as a Massage therapist/Esthetician 10 yrs - she actually does the body work/facials - as well as owns the spa.
http://www.termedayspa.com/index.htm

If you have any questions you can ask me batgirlmonkey@gmail.com - If I can advise you in anyway - I am here.  Nothing like being able to go on Vacation and to enjoy ones self. Finding yourself ripped off while on vacation trying to Enjoy ones self.. not so good.    

deenie, thanks for all the info....actually I have been to Canyon Ranch. Several years ago I fell off a ladder and fractured my back....I was in braces for almost 8 months....my cousin's husband surprise me and his wife (my first cousin) sent us to canyon Ranch for 5 days...it was heaven!  We are staying at The Phoenician in Phoenix and at the Enchantment Resort and Mii Amo Spa in Sedona. I am sure the spa prices are escalated....but some are included in the package. Besides I am worth it!   Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: May 21, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »

Dogs day at the beach!!  I love it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=pkPNa4DBFHI

Rest in Peace Caylee

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1724 on: May 21, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »

Really cute...thanks.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1725 on: May 22, 2010, 03:08:17 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1726 on: May 22, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

I found a good technique for Flea's when I walk the Dog:  Vinegar in Water, in a spray bottle.

It works for my dog, I spray him before a walk or when I see a bug land on him.

This technique is not mind, I read it on the web a few years ago.  I put a small amount of white Vinegar in water

in spray bottle (like you use for plants).  I don't like to use manufactured shelf flea materials, vinegar works well.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1727 on: May 22, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

I found a good technique for Flea's when I walk the Dog:  Vinegar in Water, in a spray bottle.

This technique is not mind, I read it on the web a few years ago.  I put a small amount of white Vinegar in water

in spray bottle (like you use for plants).  I don't like to use manufactured shelf flea materials, vinegar works well.

Great, if you want your dog to smell like a salad! 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1728 on: May 22, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »

Need some monkey suggestions..........

we are going to spend 5 days in Sedona in June, one day will be devoted to the Grand Canyon, another day to Antelope Canyon, Cameron Trading Post,  Wupatki National Monument, and Flagstaff.  One day to hike around the Red Rocks of Sedona. One day at a Spa and shopping and checking out Sedona art galleries.  That leaves one more full day.....any suggestions on something that is a must see/must do? We are spending 2 days in Phoenix just relaxing and getting pampered.  Any suggestions???

Sunny - go to this link: http://www.canyonranch.com/

I have never been, but My Girlfriend who is a 20 yr + veteran " Massage Therapist and Licensed Esthetician" who now owns her own Spa in metro Detroit. She went to Canyon Ranch with 2 of her girlfriends.. and she said it was wonderful. That is a lot coming from " A person who normally does the service of Massage". And never receives. She told me that " too " it was WAY over priced for what they offered. She said to all and any after her well deserved vacation " Don't be afraid to venture into the NOT so Commercial Spas. She said that the Women who worked in the smaller type setting Independently run " Spa's" were much more in tune and gave superior services, for a fraction of the price charged - She said You have to ask the Local's .. when your down there. She said Be Bold and Really Ask - Due to the fact there are " Spa's everywhere" almost like fast food joints. Always look for CLEAN - when you walk in the door - and collect Menu's prior to booking services. She said Spa's are a dime a dozen in AZ.

Sunny the rule of thumb within personal care services. Me being a retired spa worker - 8 yrs of experience, Esthetician.  Rule is and always has been - 1 dollar per minute of service rendered is the rule - flat out.  For example you have a manicure 30 mins - it should not cost more than 30.00, Actually for a mani 30.00 is high. If it does cost more than 30.00 your money is going to product/house and etc's that you will never see nor know. Same with Massage - One Hour Massage going rate - is 60.00.
That is with a massage therapist that is " educated" and knows the human body - not a fluff and buffer. When you get into Swedish or hot rock or specialty massage they will charge you more. But truly for a ONE hour massage - should not cost you more than 60.00. Maybe 10 over that - if anything - never more than 70.00/75. for a one hour massage.
My girlfriend Jane's spa * she went to Canyon Ranch - her link. You can see her prices. Even in our depressed area of Metro detroit. Her prices are fair and reasonable. Her having over 20+ years experience as a Massage therapist/Esthetician 10 yrs - she actually does the body work/facials - as well as owns the spa.
http://www.termedayspa.com/index.htm

If you have any questions you can ask me batgirlmonkey@gmail.com - If I can advise you in anyway - I am here.  Nothing like being able to go on Vacation and to enjoy ones self. Finding yourself ripped off while on vacation trying to Enjoy ones self.. not so good.    

deenie, thanks for all the info....actually I have been to Canyon Ranch. Several years ago I fell off a ladder and fractured my back....I was in braces for almost 8 months....my cousin's husband surprise me and his wife (my first cousin) sent us to canyon Ranch for 5 days...it was heaven!  We are staying at The Phoenician in Phoenix and at the Enchantment Resort and Mii Amo Spa in Sedona. I am sure the spa prices are escalated....but some are included in the package. Besides I am worth it!   Monkey Devil!

Yes Sunny " You Are Worth It " You are so Worth it 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1729 on: May 22, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Vinegar is a wonder cure all. Especially Cider Vinegar.  I went to a Holistic store ..this was years ago after I adopted Dewey ..then a kitten. I adopted him from a not so " great" pet store .. he was around 6 wks old. Little did I think or know at the time " bringing him into my house" ...that his little body was ravaged by fleas/flea dirt.  Uggh.
Was only within a few hours when he was in my apt - holding him ..trying to comfort him, for me to realize he was a FLEA FEST. OMG. So I went and found this shampoo from the holistic health store - Neem Shampoo. 
Well the Neem shampoo almost killed him. I went online and read about it prior to applying it - I followed the directions within the product " For Dogs/Puppies/Cats/Kittens - it was sold for Pet use". The first time I used it on him, he showed no effects. The 2nd time wks later that I used it on him - He was a hot mess. He was puking his little heart out.. no food or anything but giant globs of clear sticky fluids. To the point he was dry heaving and I could not stop him from puking.  I wrote to this gal "that night" who was online ( In Australia of all places) that had a blog on Neem. She wrote me back within mins and said - the Neem was poison to Dewey. That could very well kill him. She said that many companies in the US and other Countries market such " Neem" and do not truly know the consequences " of how strong Neem" truly is. She said Stop using any form of neem in my house or on Dewey - for flea control. I had not used anything but the shampoo.
Now I had a kitten " naturally poisoned" that was still with fleas. And had another Cat in my apt as well to worry about. Fleas suck literally and are even worse in your house/carpet.
I waited for him to recover - then I treated Dewey with a over the counter flea med - applied within his shoulder blades -and did so with my other cat. ( Neither one of them ever to be outdoors in their lives except their birth - quite possible)

I bought a box of Borox Mule Team - and I tucked my cats into a bedroom. I laid that powder all over my carpet and took a broom as if my carpet was on fire - and pushed it deep into every square inch of carpet I could. Let it set over night and vacuumed. Then did so into the bedrooms - keeping the cats away. Not one flea was found on either of my Boyz after that, for years even. No nothing of illness within them either.  Fleas be Gone.

Its a controversial product " Borox detergent" but it does work - if you apply it and use it correctly for ridding fleas and flea control.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1730 on: May 22, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Vinegar is a wonder cure all. Especially Cider Vinegar.  I went to a Holistic store ..this was years ago after I adopted Dewey ..then a kitten. I adopted him from a not so " great" pet store .. he was around 6 wks old. Little did I think or know at the time " bringing him into my house" ...that his little body was ravaged by fleas/flea dirt.  Uggh.
Was only within a few hours when he was in my apt - holding him ..trying to comfort him, for me to realize he was a FLEA FEST. OMG. So I went and found this shampoo from the holistic health store - Neem Shampoo. 
Well the Neem shampoo almost killed him. I went online and read about it prior to applying it - I followed the directions within the product " For Dogs/Puppies/Cats/Kittens - it was sold for Pet use". The first time I used it on him, he showed no effects. The 2nd time wks later that I used it on him - He was a hot mess. He was puking his little heart out.. no food or anything but giant globs of clear sticky fluids. To the point he was dry heaving and I could not stop him from puking.  I wrote to this gal "that night" who was online ( In Australia of all places) that had a blog on Neem. She wrote me back within mins and said - the Neem was poison to Dewey. That could very well kill him. She said that many companies in the US and other Countries market such " Neem" and do not truly know the consequences " of how strong Neem" truly is. She said Stop using any form of neem in my house or on Dewey - for flea control. I had not used anything but the shampoo.
Now I had a kitten " naturally poisoned" that was still with fleas. And had another Cat in my apt as well to worry about. Fleas suck literally and are even worse in your house/carpet.
I waited for him to recover - then I treated Dewey with a over the counter flea med - applied within his shoulder blades -and did so with my other cat. ( Neither one of them ever to be outdoors in their lives except their birth - quite possible)

I bought a box of Borox Mule Team - and I tucked my cats into a bedroom. I laid that powder all over my carpet and took a broom as if my carpet was on fire - and pushed it deep into every square inch of carpet I could. Let it set over night and vacuumed. Then did so into the bedrooms - keeping the cats away. Not one flea was found on either of my Boyz after that, for years even. No nothing of illness within them either.  Fleas be Gone.

Its a controversial product " Borox detergent" but it does work - if you apply it and use it correctly for ridding fleas and flea control.

Hi Denie,

Interesting story.  I read about Borox for the carpet, the broom is a good idea to beat it into the carpet and then vacumn.

I read on-line to use Ivory Soap (cake soap) vinegar and water to wash pets.

Thank-you for informing us about "Deem". 

You sound like a good monkey mom! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1731 on: May 23, 2010, 08:12:13 AM »

Hi Deenie and Monkeys,

This shampoo seems easy to make, I remember looking for the Glycerin (at one time) seems I remember I needed to buy
Glyerin at the Pharmacy, it is cheap but at the time it wasn't in stock.

This shampoo is made without Glyerin, I imagine you could use it on any Pet.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4912383_make-dog-shampoo-glycerin.html

How to make Homemade Dog Shampoo

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1732 on: May 25, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »

Many of you may remember hearing about this in the news a while back.  This video brought tears to my eyes.

http://www.blindness.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2128:new-hope-for-gene-therapya-young-boys-fight-against-blindness&catid=73:videos&Itemid=143

New Hope for Gene Therapy...A Young Boy's Fight Against Blindness

The following video premiered at the 2010 BIO International Convention during the keynote address of BIO Chairman Dr. Stephen Sherwin.  The video features young Corey Haas, a 9-year old boy with Leber congenital amaurosis whose sight has been restored by gene therapy, along our own Chief Research Officer Dr. Steve Rose and FFB-funded researcher Dr. Jean Bennett. Dr. Sherwin lauded gene therapy as a terrific success in biotechnology and medicine and just one example of how patience, persistence, and passionate support can pay off. 

Video provided by WHITECOAT Strategies

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H0RvTOF1fEc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/H0RvTOF1fEc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: May 25, 2010, 03:39:21 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/99391-senate-bill-aims-to-take-+++++++-out-of-federal-lexicon

Bipartisan Senate bill aims to take '+++++++' out of federal lexicon
By Julian Pecquet - 05/23/10 05:41 PM ET

Senators are preparing to eliminate all references in federal law to the terms “mental retardation” and “mentally +++++++ individual.”

Rosa’s Law, which will be marked up on Wednesday, would replace those terms with “intellectual disability” and “individual with an intellectual disability.”

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) introduced the bill last November after promising a constituent she would act if the Maryland legislature passed a similar law. The Maryland law passed unanimously, and Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) signed it into law last year.

The bill is named after Rosa Marcellino, who has an intellectual disability and whose family was instrumental in passing the Maryland law.

It will be marked up in the Senate Health, Education and Pensions (HELP) Committee this week and is considered non-controversial legislation.

Attention to the word "+++++'s" hurtful consequences has taken off in recent years, thanks in part to the outspoken former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, whose son Trig has Down syndrome. Palin called for White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel to be fired earlier this year after he called liberal healthcare activists “f-----g +++++++,” but she has been less forceful when conservatives such as talk radio show Rush Limbaugh have used the term.

Rosa’s Law would benefit all children “who are labeled, stigmatized, and bear a burden the rest of their lives because of the language we use in the law books,” Mikulski said in her floor statement when she introduced the bill.

“It is a much needed change in the law that is fully deserving of our support,” said co-sponsor Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), who followed Mikulski on the floor.

Rosa’s Law has 42 bipartisan co-sponsors in the Senate, including health committee Chairman Tom Harkin (D-Iowa). The House version, introduced by Rep. Michael McMahon (D-N.Y.), has 30 co-sponsors.

"This bill, as I can assure all who might be concerned, will not expand nor diminish services, rights or educational opportunities,” Mikulski said.

And the American Psychological Association, which pays special attention to how mental conditions are named and described, has no issues with the bill either.

“APA has no concerns with this and most disability-related language has changed from mental retardation to the more PC [politically correct]  ‘intellectual disability’,” Anju Khubchandani, director of the APA’s Office on Disability Issues, said via e-mail.

Khubchandani pointed out the APA’s Division on Mental Retardation, which connects experts in that field, has been renamed to Division on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.

“However,” he wrote, “APA does not have an official endorsement one way or the other.”

Asked about the bill’s prospects on the Senate floor, a Mikulski spokeswoman said: “We’re currently focused on passing the bill out of committee. We’ll consult leadership after next Wednesday and hope that the strong general, and bipartisan, support will support our case to move to final passage.”
+++++++ = re tarded as one word.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 03:42:37 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1734 on: May 25, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

Click on the link below - show starts now!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:58:07 PM by klaasend » Logged
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1735 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Haven't posted in a while just been reading lately, but I have to ask the experts because I need some help. I've been searching for my uncle whom no one has seen/heard of for 16 years and he has a very common name. I'm trying to find a FREE people search that's legit and maybe has the ability to provide an email addy??? I have an idea of where he may be and I know his month/year of birth. ANY and ALL help is greatly appreciated as I'm becoming very frustrated with all of these "subscribe before you get any info" people search sites. I know there's got to be a way to track him.

an angelic monkey TIA--Jan  an angelic monkey
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1736 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »

Hi Monkeys! Haven't posted in a while just been reading lately, but I have to ask the experts because I need some help. I've been searching for my uncle whom no one has seen/heard of for 16 years and he has a very common name. I'm trying to find a FREE people search that's legit and maybe has the ability to provide an email addy??? I have an idea of where he may be and I know his month/year of birth. ANY and ALL help is greatly appreciated as I'm becoming very frustrated with all of these "subscribe before you get any info" people search sites. I know there's got to be a way to track him.

an angelic monkey TIA--Jan  an angelic monkey

Hi, Jan_in_Tx.  Have you tried Zaba Search or just the White Pages for listings, as a start.  Those come to mind first and I may be missing others.  Will give it some further thought, but others may come through for you while I'm 'thinking'. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1737 on: May 26, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »

TO ALL

SCARED MONKEYS WAS DOWN FROM LATE LAST NIGHT UNTIL THIS MORNING.  THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED NOW!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1738 on: May 26, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »

Petey got his rabies shot AND was neutered yesterday.  He was a little groggy last night but this morning he is back to his normal frisky stuff. 

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: May 26, 2010, 12:49:58 PM »

Hey Klaas,
Glad to hear Petey is doing fine. Personally, i think he was up late parting with his peeps, was the life of the party, dancing on the tables and put a lamp shade on his head upside-down like baseball fans do the Rally Hat!!! 
j/k he is too cute. So is the other one in that shot.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.