March 28, 2024, 06:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 542228 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1900 on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »

Higher Hopes, get him to another vet. Don't wait.

Puppies ingest all kinds of things and something could be stopping up his intestine. He's so little he can't "afford" to lose a pound or two waiting for your normal vet.

My vet posted just posted a procedure on their facebook page. The dog was brought in listless, wouldn't eat, etc. they did surgery after spotting something on the x-rays and found he had swallowed a super ball!

You never know what can bind up inside them, cats can die from simple tinsel from a Christmas tree or hair bands they have played with. You never know.

Keep us informed! Will say a prayer for your baby!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1901 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »

HH saw your post in Nat's thread.  I have no info. Praying and will see what I can find.  Best to call an emergency vet place and see what they think.  Are his gums pale or noraml pink?
THEY ARE NORMAL PINK.....we r so far away from anything here, deep woods, but Im gonna tey to see what else I can do.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1902 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »

Higher Hopes, get him to another vet. Don't wait.

Puppies ingest all kinds of things and something could be stopping up his intestine. He's so little he can't "afford" to lose a pound or two waiting for your normal vet.

My vet posted just posted a procedure on their facebook page. The dog was brought in listless, wouldn't eat, etc. they did surgery after spotting something on the x-rays and found he had swallowed a super ball!

You never know what can bind up inside them, cats can die from simple tinsel from a Christmas tree or hair bands they have played with. You never know.

Keep us informed! Will say a prayer for your baby!!
I dont think his inrestines are stopped up, he has been using the bathroom, I just dont know what to do, Im gonna check into another vet, Ill let everyone know...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1903 on: June 11, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »

HH
Pale gums and tounge and or lisslessness (?) are the 2 big things the vets ask on the phone and if either or both they tell you to come in immediately.

How's he now?
Saying prayers for his quick recovery.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1904 on: June 12, 2010, 05:59:41 AM »

I hope your little pooch is feeling better today, HH.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1905 on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »

The missing sailing teen has been found alive, her rigging was broken!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018964340

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1906 on: June 12, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »

Hi all,

This was sent to me and I wanted to share. It's so simple and means so much. Thanking our service people for all  they do.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/index.php?c=pages&m=watch_short_video

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1907 on: June 12, 2010, 03:47:06 PM »

Any of you who have been following Abby
She is safe and on a French fishing boat.

What an idiot. Who pays for all the rescue efforts?

SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1908 on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »

Generally, the taxpayers of whatever jurisdiction executes the rescue mission pay.  In this case, the French fishermen are paying by having lost a week's productive effort to retrieve Abby and bring her to safety.  I've heard/read many people dismiss the costs of Abby's rescue on the grounds that the rescuers are "standing by" to help everyone, regardless.  These same people have also pointed to the case of Alaskan crab fisherman who willingly engage in a very dangerous occupation and who fairly frequently are in need of assistance from the Coast Guard and others.  "Why not outlaw crab fishing?" they ask. 
     These people completely miss the point.  Alaskan crab fisherman are engaged in LICENSED COMMERCE.  They are gathering FOOD for mankind -- a particularly delicious and expensive food, to be sure, but food nonetheless.  What valuable service to mankind was Abby providing?  What product was she bringing to market?  What goods or passengers was she transporting across the sea?  What scientific and/or technical knowledge was she attempting to discover?  In each and every case, the answer is NONE.  She was doing absolutely nothing to benefit the World.  She was merely indulging a personal whim and caprice, and expecting the rest of humanity to implicitly underwrite her personal safety.  It was profoundly selfish of her and grossly irresponsible for her parents to indulge her.  You're absolutely right.  Let the parents pay for the blessing of having their daughter returned to them safe and sound.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1909 on: June 12, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »

"The world" .. Australia sent out a plane to monitor her and many boats from many nation converged on her to help.
Her brother has already sailed around the world and this particular girl is well planned and seasoned. Her family are all into sailing.

Here is her Blog..

http://soloround.blogspot.com/2010/06/note-from-abby.html#comments

I support young adventurers and entrepreneurs
They are OUR tomarrow.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: June 12, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »

"The world" .. Australia sent out a plane to monitor her and many boats from many nation converged on her to help.
Her brother has already sailed around the world and this particular girl is well planned and seasoned. Her family are all into sailing.

Here is her Blog..

http://soloround.blogspot.com/2010/06/note-from-abby.html#comments

I support young adventurers and entrepreneurs
They are OUR tomarrow.

Oh, and how much money did you send?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1911 on: June 12, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »

SteveDinMD

Fully respect your opinion and you present the other side of the coin.

I still hold my opinion on well planned adventuring by young people.
What does it add for US today ? Nothing. Like running the 4 minute mile.. what does that prove ? How does it help humanity ? It does not.. But once one person did it many more have. It is like breaking the barrier.

We are busy educating our children for jobs that do not even exist yet. Math so high I can't help my 14 year old in her homework.. We have no idea of what the future brings. It is hard for me to say Abby brings or adds nothing.
Maybe the next generation will do the same kind of Adventure in homebuilt crafts in space.. What will they bring to our table by doing so ?
Hard to say.. But Your opinion is definite and respected.

20 years ago you would not even have considered how we are communicating worldwide live on the moment today.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1912 on: June 12, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »

Hi all,

This was sent to me and I wanted to share. It's so simple and means so much. Thanking our service people for all  they do.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/index.php?c=pages&m=watch_short_video

Thank you!

I believe in miracles!
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1913 on: June 12, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »

SteveDinMD

What does it add for US today ? Nothing. Like running the 4 minute mile.. what does that prove ? How does it help humanity ? It does not.. But once one person did it many more have. It is like breaking the barrier.

We are busy educating our children for jobs that do not even exist yet. Math so high I can't help my 14 year old in her homework.. We have no idea of what the future brings. It is hard for me to say Abby brings or adds nothing.
Maybe the next generation will do the same kind of Adventure in homebuilt crafts in space.. What will they bring to our table by doing so ?

20 years ago you would not even have considered how we are communicating worldwide live on the moment today.

Edward: 

It's easy to get caught up in the thrill of the adventure.  It's exciting.  It's romantic, and it hearkens back to childhood daydreams of long ago.  Abby might be a competent sailor, but her expedition was hardly well planned and executed.  If it were, she wouldn't have been sailing the "Roaring Forties" of the Southern Ocean at this time of year, she wouldn't have met with disaster, and she wouldn't have needed to be rescued.  In fact, the only reason she could even contemplate undertaking such an adventure was on account of vast networks of assistance she could implicitly rely on to ease her way.  Those networks were established and publicly financed for the exclusive purpose of mitigating the risks faced by those with legitimate business plying the world's oceans -- NOT for the purpose of saving fools from themselves.  Had this been a "voyage of discovery" in the true sense of the term, Abby would have sailed off into oblivion, never to be seen or heard from again.  Fortunately, neither she nor anyone else died on account of her folly. 
        This case reminds me of the situation ~15 years ago when there was a "competition" among those attempting to become the youngest to fly across North America.  At that time, there were a succession of ever younger record holders until, at one point, a 7 year old boy crashed his plane on takeoff killing himself, his father, and his flight instructor during one such attempt.  With dozens of would-be record holders making ready their own attempts, this sad and dangerous state of affairs ended only when Congress modified the laws to set a minimum age for those operating an aircraft. 
        Perhaps the time has come to modify U.S. maritime laws, as well.  Currently, there are NO licensing requirements for those operating certain vessels, among them most pleasurecraft.  Perhaps it should now be mandated that any vessel operating in U.S. territorial waters beyond three miles from shore be under the command of a maritime license holder who must remain on board at all times.  It should perhaps be further mandated that no one be granted such license until having at least attained the age of 18 years, effectively preventing future instances of child endangerment, or at least those originating from U.S. shores. 
    By the way, 20 years ago, I could certainly imagine communicating as we do now, because I was among those developing some of the technologies upon which the Telecomm Revolution was based.  In all the years I've worked in Government and industrial laboratories, not once did I ever encounter a child as a member of any development team I ever ran across.  The future is right now being invented by skilled, experienced, and well-directed ADULTS, not by capricious children.  It is the duty of youth to LEARN and of experience to TEACH.  Such has it ever been, and we would do well as a people to keep it so. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1914 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »

SteveDinMD

NOT for the purpose of saving fools from themselves.

Steve

Almost all search and rescue is about saving fools from themselves or there bad decisions they made.

Almost half of what doctors treat is because they are saving fools from themselves.
From race car drivers to smoking cigs or doing drugs or suffering because somebody else did.

I do not even want to mention that both my young 12 and 14 fly. lol

Anyways I am sure we could debate this in Monkey musings and I respect your opinion.

Edward
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: June 12, 2010, 05:06:07 PM »

Mods..I am sorry can you delete post 202 ..I made a mistake

Done.  MB
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:11:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1916 on: June 12, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »

SteveDinMD

Steve

Almost all search and rescue is about saving fools from themselves or there bad decisions they made.

Almost half of what doctors treat is because they are saving fools from themselves.
From race car drivers to smoking cigs or doing drugs or suffering because somebody else did.

Anyways I am sure we could debate this in Monkey musings and I respect your opinion.

Edward

I thought FAA regulations mandated a minimum age of 17 years for anyone to be issued a license. 
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1917 on: June 12, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »

SteveDinMD

Steve

Edward

I thought FAA regulations mandated a minimum age of 17 years for anyone to be issued a license. 

I think it is 17 to get a license to fly alone. I know my boys were about 12- 13 when they joined CAP and started to learn to fly.

2 4 1
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1918 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

HH
Pale gums and tounge and or lisslessness (?) are the 2 big things the vets ask on the phone and if either or both they tell you to come in immediately.

How's he now?
Saying prayers for his quick recovery.
He finally got up and moved around today....Thank God ...he drank water by himself and ate just a little bit.........Thanks to all who asked about him.......I hope he is coming around, will update more as the days go by.......poor little guy...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: June 13, 2010, 03:01:26 AM »

SteveDinMD

Edward: 

It's easy to get caught up in the thrill of the adventure.  It's exciting.  It's romantic, and it hearkens back to childhood daydreams of long ago.  Abby might be a competent sailor, but her expedition was hardly well planned and executed.  If it were, she wouldn't have been sailing the "Roaring Forties" of the Southern Ocean at this time of year, she wouldn't have met with disaster, and she wouldn't have needed to be rescued.  In fact, the only reason she could even contemplate undertaking such an adventure was on account of vast networks of assistance she could implicitly rely on to ease her way.  Those networks were established and publicly financed for the exclusive purpose of mitigating the risks faced by those with legitimate business plying the world's oceans -- NOT for the purpose of saving fools from themselves.  Had this been a "voyage of discovery" in the true sense of the term, Abby would have sailed off into oblivion, never to be seen or heard from again.  Fortunately, neither she nor anyone else died on account of her folly. 
        This case reminds me of the situation ~15 years ago when there was a "competition" among those attempting to become the youngest to fly across North America.  At that time, there were a succession of ever younger record holders until, at one point, a 7 year old boy crashed his plane on takeoff killing himself, his father, and his flight instructor during one such attempt.  With dozens of would-be record holders making ready their own attempts, this sad and dangerous state of affairs ended only when Congress modified the laws to set a minimum age for those operating an aircraft. 
        Perhaps the time has come to modify U.S. maritime laws, as well.  Currently, there are NO licensing requirements for those operating certain vessels, among them most pleasurecraft.  Perhaps it should now be mandated that any vessel operating in U.S. territorial waters beyond three miles from shore be under the command of a maritime license holder who must remain on board at all times.  It should perhaps be further mandated that no one be granted such license until having at least attained the age of 18 years, effectively preventing future instances of child endangerment, or at least those originating from U.S. shores. 
    By the way, 20 years ago, I could certainly imagine communicating as we do now, because I was among those developing some of the technologies upon which the Telecomm Revolution was based.  In all the years I've worked in Government and industrial laboratories, not once did I ever encounter a child as a member of any development team I ever ran across.  The future is right now being invented by skilled, experienced, and well-directed ADULTS, not by capricious children.  It is the duty of youth to LEARN and of experience to TEACH.  Such has it ever been, and we would do well as a people to keep it so. 

Do you know for sure she has not gone into waters that need licensing to operate pleasure craft?  I know there are places here in the US that do, even if you are close to the shore.  I was just wondering.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.