April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leigh Swanson, 45yrs old, last seen 11/17/12, Saginaw Township, MI(body found)  (Read 19913 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »

Slain woman's friends can't make sense of why she was killed
Updated: Nov 30, 2012 8:11 PM MST

FREELAND, MI (WNEM) - Friends are still reeling from the loss of their friend Leigh Swanson. Swanson went missing nearly two weeks ago after going on a date with a man she met online.

And just this week, police discovered her body near the home of 30-year-old Michael Fabi, who has been named as a suspect in Swanson's murder. This case is far from over with many questions still remaining.

But in the meantime, many say they just want to remember Swanson for the person she was - their friend.

Friends of Swanson are at a loss.

"She was a great person, she had a heart of gold," said her ex-boyfriend Randy Lovell.

"She was a very loving, caring person," said friend Becki Rau.

Many of Swanson's closest friends met Friday night at The Log Cabin Bar in Freeland, not sure of what to make of the news or why the horrible thing happened to her.

::snipping2::

http://www.wnem.com/story/20232970/slain-womans-friends-cant-make-sense-of-why-she-was-killed
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/12/police_leigh_swanson_took_taxi.html#incart_river_news

Details of apparent murder-suicide slowly surface while police wait for lab results

After meeting Fabi online, Swanson was dropped off by a taxi at the home on Sanford Lake, Nielsen said. Swanson arrived on Saturday, not Friday, as investigators originally believed, he said.

The sheriff's office continues interviews and once the investigation is complete they plan to submit the case to the prosecutor's office seeking a warrant related to Swanson's death, even though the main suspect is dead.

These statements strike me - first it is out in the middle of no where - I very rarely see taxis in metro areas this far north much less out in the sticks. Also, wonder who the warrant is for? My guess, the dad.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.