March 28, 2024, 10:35:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abraham Lee Shakespeare 43, Missing May-June '09 Lakeland, FL(BODY FOUND)  (Read 27596 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 24, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »

Lottery winner from Lakeland reported missing
By HOWARD ALTMAN | The Tampa Tribune

A man who won $31 million in the Florida lottery three years ago is missing, his family is worried and Polk County Sheriff's Office deputies are asking for help to find him.

Abraham Shakespeare, 43, of Lakeland, was reported missing by his family on Nov. 9, according to PCSO. But Shakespeare was actually last seen by his family in early April, according to deputies.

According to deputies:

Shakespeare won the Florida Lottery jackpot in November 2006. A few months later, he was sued by a co-worker who alleged that Shakespeare stole the tickets from him. Shakespeare won the suit in October 2007.

Shakespeare, who is black, is 6-foot-five, and weights about 190 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.

Anyone with information about Shakespeare's whereabouts is asked to contact Detective David Clark at (863) 534-6379 or (863) 534-6200.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov/24/lottery-winner-lakeland-reported-missing/news-breaking/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:12:47 PM by klaasend » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »

Lotto winner missing for months

Last Update: 11/12 11:50 pm

LAKELAND, FL -- Abraham Shakespeare made headlines in the Tampa Bay area, when he won a 30-million-dollar lotto jackpot in 2006.

A friend accused him of stealing the lottery ticket so Shakespeare went to court and won, keeping his millions.

"I really would like my old life back where i could walk the streets like a normal person without people coming up asking for money.", he said back in a 2006 interview after the trial.

Shakespeare's mother said after her son won the jackpot people came out of the woodwork, looking for a handout.

"I couldn't even talk with him like 10 minutes his phone was ringing." Elizabeth Walker said, "By the time he'd get off the phone with that one another one would call.

Walker said she's worried because she hasn't seen or spoken to her son in months. In fact, authorities say he's been missing for 6 or 7 months, but the missing persons report was just filed on Monday.

The Sheriff's Office said its possible Shakespeare left on his own and just doesn't want to be found, but his mother isn't sure.

"Well I kind of in a way feel like something could have done happened to him." Walked added.

Property records show a few months before he disappeared Shakespeare sold his home on Red Hawk Bend Drive to a company called American Medical Professionals.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said a friend of Shakespeare claims to have spoken with the jackpot winner on October 6th.

But no one has seen him, including his mother, who's beginning to think the lotto prize may have been a curse.

"I'm just hoping to hear something."

If you have any information you are urged to the Polk County Sheriff's Office at 863-534-6200.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Lotto-winner-missing-for-months/vTLjnQrwGkyai8wP-A9ZgA.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Lotto-winner-missing-for-months/vTLjnQrwGkyai8wP-A9ZgA.cspx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

Reward offered in search for missing Florida Lotto winner
By Associated Press

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

LAKELAND — A $5,000 reward is being offered in the search for a missing Florida Lottery winner from Polk County.

Abraham Shakespeare won $31 million in 2006. The 43-year-old was last seen in the Lakeland area in early April.

The reward was announced Tuesday by the Polk County Sheriff's Office. Spokeswoman Donna Wood had previously said that perhaps Shakespeare does not want to be found, but authorities still need to ask for the public's help in locating him.

In April 2007, Shakespeare was sued by a co-worker who alleged that Shakespeare had stolen the tickets from him.

Authorities say Shakespeare won the suit in October 2007.

Anyone with information should call 863-534-6379 or 863-534-6200.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/dec/02/reward-offered-search-missing-florida-lotto-winner/?print=

IMO -- this man does not want to be found.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:39:54 AM »

The Ledger (Lakeland, FL) 
December 6, 2009 Sunday 

Woman Says Missing Man Publicity Upended Life

LAKELAND | The woman who says she helped missing Florida Lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare disappear now says she desperately wants him to come back.

"I felt like I was helping a man that got taken advantage of," Dorice "DeeDee" Moore said, tears streaming down her face. "In the same respect, I ended up with all his mess. That was not worth all the money in the world."

The Polk County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday posted a $5,000 reward for anyone who could help locate Shakespeare. The Sheriff's Office said a cousin reported him missing Nov. 9, and his friends and relatives said they had last seen the 43-year-old Lakeland man in April.

Moore, 37, drew immediate attention because she now lives in and owns Shakespeare's North Lakeland house and other real estate holdings and assets.

She said that was all part of a plan, one she helped Shakespeare craft.

Some people who know Shakespeare expressed doubts and said they questioned parts of her story.

His mother, Elizabeth Walker of Lakeland, said she's not sure what to think and she's just worried about her son.

Over nearly three hours last week, Moore described to The Ledger how Shakespeare's disappearing act was supposed to work and what's gone wrong since he left.

WANTED TO HIDE

"He planned on running. He planned on not coming back," she said. Moore said Shakespeare, whom she met last December, left because he was tired of fighting child-support battles in court and because people kept badgering him for money.

"He intentionally did not want to be found. He didn't care what it took."

An integral part of the plan included using Moore's medical staffing company, American Medical Professionals of Plant City, to buy Shakespeare's assets, including a house he paid $1 million for, she said.

That freed him from obligations and put money in his pocket, anywhere from $800,000 to $1 million, Moore estimated.

"For the way he lives his lifestyle, he's got enough to live the rest of his life out peacefully," Moore said.

Moore said she also helped him set up a power of attorney, which was given to a longtime friend whom she refused to name. That meant there would be someone available to deal with legal issues for Shakespeare without his having to be involved.

There was also a promise to ensure Shakespeare's mother was cared for, Moore said.

But the plan turned out to be a bad one, she said.

Since Shakespeare was reported missing, Moore said she's been treated like a suspect.

She said sheriff's detectives have searched her North Lakeland house, the one where Shakespeare used to live, combed through her Hummer, given her a lie-detector test and questioned her for hours. Those searches included checking the house and car for signs of blood or body fluids, she said.

"They (investigators) looked through all my papers. They took my computers, and downloaded the hard drives. Then, the other day, took it over the top. I had my stuff blue-lighted to look for blood. It wasn't supposed to end up like this," Moore said, crying.

And for months she said she has failed in trying to collect on debts people owed Shakespeare, debts she said she bought as part of the plan to free him to leave.

County records show that in January, Moore filed paperwork to take over five mortgages totaling about $370,000 that had been owed to Shakespeare. And she said there were many more debts she took over that were not recorded with the county.

The problem is that many of the people who borrowed from Shakespeare have refused to pay, Moore said, and she feels threatened by some of them.

To get out of that stressful situation, she said, she's sold those loans - at a loss - to someone she declined to name.

"I want these idiots, these drugheads and these cokeheads to know that I've sold everything," Moore said. "Abraham sold me his mess to get a better life, and I practically gave it away to get mine back."

Instead of everyone treating her like a suspect, Moore said, the focus of any investigation should be on the people who bilked Shakespeare out of his money.

"Because of these people, my life has been turned (upside down) in the last two weeks," Moore said.

Her friends said it's hurt them to see what's happened with Moore. Linda Kickliter, Moore's nail technician, said she can't believe how Moore has been treated. She said Moore has a caring heart and on several occasions Moore has brought needy people to her nail salon to receive services.

"She should be getting good Samaritan of the year, not such bad publicity," Kickliter said.

Brenda White, Moore's childhood friend, said Moore is a hard worker who comes from a good family.

"I hate to see she's been ripped apart," White said. "This country should be about being innocent until proven guilty."

WHERE IS SHAKESPEARE?

The Polk County Sheriff's Office declined to comment on what Moore said about their investigation, including whether they consider her a suspect and whether they have searched her house or vehicle.

For seven months, the Sheriff's Office said, his friends and family haven't seen Shakespeare, who won the $31 million Lotto jackpot in November 2006 and opted for a $17 million lump-sum payment.

Moore has a videotape that's dated April. On it, Shakespeare is seen reviewing footage from security cameras at his former residence at 9340 Redhawk Bend Drive, where Moore now lives, and talking about his problems.

He is heard saying he was tired of people asking him for money. During her video interview with Shakespeare, Moore asked where he wanted to go when he disappeared, asking about California or another country, like Cozumel, Mexico.

Shakespeare's answer is hard to make out, but he appeared to ask, "Are we about to leave?"

Moore said she shot that video so she could show people later that Shakespeare had planned to disappear.

"I wanted some protection," she said. "I did it for my protection because of the amount (of money) and what he was doing with everything. Unfortunately I should have videotaped every step so I didn't have the controversy I had to go through, but it's OK, I'm not like O.J. Simpson. I don't have anything to run from."

Moore would not comment about the last time she either saw or talked to Shakespeare, saying it was under investigation.

For months before Shakespeare was reported missing, Moore had been in contact with The Ledger, saying she could set up an interview with the elusive millionaire. And last week, she said she used to have a way to contact him, but not since the storm of attention stirred up by the missing-person report.

Besides telling The Ledger she could set up a meeting, Shakespeare's mother said Moore also promised one to her.

Walker, who works in the cafeteria at Florida Southern College, said Moore and the woman who has power of attorney for Shakespeare told Walker she would see her son in August. That never happened.

"Another thing that depressed me is ... I feel like he would've called me or put something in the mail," Walker said.

Moore told The Ledger that Shakespeare let his mother know Moore was taking over his assets. But Walker told The Ledger she knew nothing about that.

Walker said Moore has been helpful toward her and Shakespeare, though she did sometimes wonder why someone they had known only briefly was doing so much for them.

Shakespeare did have reasons to want to escape, Walker said, because wealth had brought him problems.

In August, Walker said her nephew, Cedric Edom of Lakeland, hand-delivered a card with a cross and $100 inside and told her it was from Shakespeare. Walker said she recognized the signature on the card to be Shakespeare's, but she said Edom didn't tell her how he got it.

"When my nephew brought me the card, I relaxed that he was out there somewhere," she said.

Walker said she has since given that card to detectives.

The Sheriff's Office said Edom is the person who reported Shakespeare missing, but Edom has adamantly insisted to The Ledger that he didn't. He wouldn't answer when a reporter asked who had given him the card for Walker.

The last time Walker saw any sign of her son, she said, was in September when his cell phone number appeared on her caller ID at home. She said that was unusual, because the call came while she was at work, and Shakespeare would not have called her during the day.

"I called the number back, and it went straight to the voice mail," she said.

MOORE AND SHAKESPEARE

Moore met Shakespeare through Barbara Jackson, a Realtor and former Winter Haven resident. The two talked about the lottery winner when they attended a conference for business people interested in doing work for the government.

Jackson, who was Shakespeare's real estate agent when he bought the Redhawk Bend house, said they discussed Moore writing a story about Jackson and Shakespeare for a local magazine.

Moore said Jackson introduced her to Shakespeare because Moore expressed interest in telling his story in a book.

As Moore grew close to Shakespeare, she said she noticed his business dealings were shaky, and her role expanded from book writer to being an adviser. He allowed her to review his financial books, Moore said.

Jackson said she was shocked when Moore told her she had bought Shakespeare's house.

"I think she saw a cash cow, because the story she said she was going to write never happened," she said. "I really feel like she misled me."

Moore said Jackson and her husband, Franklin, were among the group of people who may have received unrecorded loans from Shakespeare. Moore also said Shakespeare paid too much for the house Jackson helped him buy.

Jackson said she never got any money from Shakespeare; the only money she received was from the purchase of his house.

"I spent so much time with that man for free," she said. "I did nothing but try and help."

David Waller, the listing agent for the house, said the $1.075 million price Shakespeare paid was fair and included the parcel next to it and furniture in the house.

As for the book, Moore said she has already written eight chapters.

"I don't feel like I lost anything because the book is going to be phenomenal, Moore said. "I don't care what they say. The book is priceless."

But in the end, Moore said, helping Shakespeare wasn't worth what she has had to go through in recent weeks.

"Nobody should have to endure that in a lifetime, all over trying to help somebody else," she said.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1087304162&start=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22146873/detail.html

Fla. Sheriff Fears Missing Lottery Winner Killed
TAMARA LUSH, Associated Press Writer
Posted: 5:30 am EST January 6, 2010
Updated: 5:36 am EST January 6, 2010

Comment On This Story ››

LAKELAND, Fla. -- In 2006, Abraham Shakespeare -- a truck driver's assistant who lived with his mother -- won $30 million in the Florida lottery. His good fortune may have cost him his life.

Shakespeare vanished months ago. His mother hopes he is somewhere in the Caribbean, lying on a beach and enjoying the good life away from all the hangers-on who were constantly hitting him up for money.

The sheriff has a more ominous theory: Shakespeare was killed.

"There are a lot of odd and bizarre circumstances in this case," Sheriff Grady Judd said. "We fear and are preparing for the worst. We're working this case as if it were a homicide."

Shakespeare, 43, won the big jackpot after buying a lottery ticket at a convenience store in a town called Frostproof, claiming later that he gave the last $3 in his pocket to a homeless man just before the winning numbers were announced.

Shakespeare -- who had a criminal record that included arrests and prison time for burglary, battery and not paying child support -- took a lump-sum payment of $16.9 million instead of annual installments.

He bought a Nissan Altima, a Rolex from a pawn shop, a $1 million home in a gated community. He talked about starting a foundation for the poor and insisted the money wouldn't change him.

"I'm not a material person," he said in 2007. "I don't let material things run me. I'm on a tight budget."

The money quickly caused him problems.

A former co-worker sued him in 2007, accusing Shakespeare of stealing the winning ticket from him. Six months later, a jury ruled the ticket was Shakespeare's.

Then there were the people constantly asking him for a piece of his fortune.

"They didn't wait. They just came right after they found out he won this money," his mother, Elizabeth Walker, said recently.

She said her son was generous, paying for funerals, lending money to friends starting businesses and even giving a million dollars to a guy known only as "Big Man."

Not long after he bought the million-dollar home in early 2007, he was approached by a woman named Dee Dee Moore, said family and officials.

Moore -- who could not be reached by The Associated Press -- said she was interested in writing a book about Shakespeare's life. She became something of a financial adviser to Shakespeare, who never graduated high school.

Property records show that Moore's company, American Medical Professionals, bought Shakespeare's home for $655,000 last January. His mother said the last time she saw him was shortly afterward, around her birthday in February.

The sheriff said the last time anyone saw Shakespeare was in April -- but it wasn't until Nov. 9 that he was reported missing, by a police informant.

And the story gets more bizarre.

According to The Ledger of Lakeland, the 37-year-old Moore contacted reporters at the newspaper in April, saying Shakespeare was "laying low" because people tried to suck money out of him.

That made sense to Shakespeare's mother -- sort of. "I remember once, talking with me over the phone, he said he might go to Jamaica," she said.

On Dec. 5, a sobbing Moore told The Ledger that she helped Shakespeare disappear, but now wants him to return because detectives were searching her home and car and looking for blood on her belongings.

One reason he wanted to leave, she said, was a child support case for a child he allegedly fathered after winning the lottery. "Abraham sold me his mess to get a better life," she told the paper.

She even gave the paper a video that she said she took of Abraham. In the video, he says he is tired of people asking him for money. "They don't take no for an answer," he says.

"So where you wanna go to?" Moore asks in the video.

"It don't matter to me. I'm not a picky person," Shakespeare replies.

Moore told the paper that she took the video to "protect herself."

Moore said she filed paperwork to take over five mortgages totaling about $370,000 that had been owed to Shakespeare. She said she sold the loans at a loss to another person. She added that many of the people who borrowed from Shakespeare have refused to pay, and she feels threatened by some of them.

Moore's past includes a year of probation after she was charged with falsely reporting that she was carjacked and raped in 2001. Officials said she concocted the scheme so her insurance company would reimburse her for the SUV, which she claimed had been stolen.

The woman did not answer several calls placed to a number listed for her in public records. During a recent visit to the home she bought from Shakespeare, a security box rang to a phone number that had been disconnected.

Sheriff's officials won't comment on Moore's involvement in Shakespeare's life.

The sheriff said that Shakespeare spent the bulk of his lottery winnings. The fact that he didn't call his mother on Christmas reinforces the theory that Shakespeare is not just hiding, Judd said.

"I hope so much that he is alive somewhere," said his mother. "And I want people to know, if they ever win the lottery, I hope they know how to handle the people that come after them. They can be dangerous."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »

Was missing Florida lottery winner killed?
‘Odd and bizarre circumstances’ make sheriff fear for the worst

updated 54 minutes ago
LAKELAND, Fla. - In 2006, Abraham Shakespeare — a truck driver's assistant who lived with his mother — won $30 million in the Florida lottery. His good fortune may have cost him his life.

Shakespeare vanished months ago. His mother hopes he is somewhere in the Caribbean, lying on a beach and enjoying the good life away from all the hangers-on who were constantly hitting him up for money.

The sheriff has a more ominous theory: Shakespeare was killed.

"There are a lot of odd and bizarre circumstances in this case," Sheriff Grady Judd said. "We fear and are preparing for the worst. We're working this case as if it were a homicide."

Shakespeare, 43, won the big jackpot after buying a lottery ticket at a convenience store in a town called Frostproof, claiming later that he gave the last $3 in his pocket to a homeless man just before the winning numbers were announced.

Shakespeare — who had a criminal record that included arrests and prison time for burglary, battery and not paying child support — took a lump-sum payment of $16.9 million instead of annual installments.

He bought a Nissan Altima, a Rolex from a pawn shop, a $1 million home in a gated community. He talked about starting a foundation for the poor and insisted the money wouldn't change him.

"I'm not a material person," he said in 2007. "I don't let material things run me. I'm on a tight budget."

Money brings trouble
The money quickly caused him problems.

A former co-worker sued him in 2007, accusing Shakespeare of stealing the winning ticket from him. Six months later, a jury ruled the ticket was Shakespeare's.

Then there were the people constantly asking him for a piece of his fortune.

"They didn't wait. They just came right after they found out he won this money," his mother, Elizabeth Walker, said recently.

She said her son was generous, paying for funerals, lending money to friends starting businesses and even giving a million dollars to a guy known only as "Big Man."

Not long after he bought the million-dollar home in early 2007, he was approached by a woman named Dee Dee Moore, said family and officials.

Moore — who could not be reached by The Associated Press — said she was interested in writing a book about Shakespeare's life. She became something of a financial adviser to Shakespeare, who never graduated high school.

Property records show that Moore's company, American Medical Professionals, bought Shakespeare's home for $655,000 last January. His mother said the last time she saw him was shortly afterward, around her birthday in February.

Last seen in April, 2009
The sheriff said the last time anyone saw Shakespeare was in April — but it wasn't until Nov. 9 that he was reported missing, by a police informant.

And the story gets more bizarre.

According to The Ledger of Lakeland, the 37-year-old Moore contacted reporters at the newspaper in April, saying Shakespeare was "laying low" because people tried to suck money out of him.

That made sense to Shakespeare's mother — sort of. "I remember once, talking with me over the phone, he said he might go to Jamaica," she said.

On Dec. 5, a sobbing Moore told The Ledger that she helped Shakespeare disappear, but now wants him to return because detectives were searching her home and car and looking for blood on her belongings.

Child support case
One reason he wanted to leave, she said, was a child support case for a child he allegedly fathered after winning the lottery. "Abraham sold me his mess to get a better life," she told the paper.

She even gave the paper a video that she said she took of Abraham. In the video, he says he is tired of people asking him for money. "They don't take no for an answer," he says.

"So where you wanna go to?" Moore asks in the video.

"It don't matter to me. I'm not a picky person," Shakespeare replies.

Moore told the paper that she took the video to "protect herself."

Moore said she filed paperwork to take over five mortgages totaling about $370,000 that had been owed to Shakespeare. She said she sold the loans at a loss to another person. She added that many of the people who borrowed from Shakespeare have refused to pay, and she feels threatened by some of them.

Moore's past includes a year of probation after she was charged with falsely reporting that she was carjacked and raped in 2001. Officials said she concocted the scheme so her insurance company would reimburse her for the SUV, which she claimed had been stolen.

Number disconnected
The woman did not answer several calls placed to a number listed for her in public records. During a recent visit to the home she bought from Shakespeare, a security box rang to a phone number that had been disconnected.

Sheriff's officials won't comment on Moore's involvement in Shakespeare's life.

The sheriff said that Shakespeare spent the bulk of his lottery winnings. The fact that he didn't call his mother on Christmas reinforces the theory that Shakespeare is not just hiding, Judd said.

"I hope so much that he is alive somewhere," said his mother. "And I want people to know, if they ever win the lottery, I hope they know how to handle the people that come after them. They can be dangerous."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34735011/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:07:19 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/story/1418686.html
Posted on Monday, 01.11.10
POLK COUNTY
Man hits the jackpot, then vanishes
A Lakeland man who won $30 million in the Florida Lottery in 2006 said his good luck wouldn't change him. Now police believe he might have been killed.
BY TAMARA LUSH
Associated Press

LAKELAND -- In 2006, Abraham Shakespeare, a truck driver's assistant who lived with his mother, won $30 million in the Florida lottery. His good fortune may have cost him his life.

Shakespeare vanished almost a year ago. His mother hopes he is somewhere in the Caribbean, lying on a beach and enjoying the good life away from the hangers-on who were constantly hitting him up for money.

The sheriff has a more-ominous theory: Shakespeare was killed.

``There are a lot of odd and bizarre circumstances in this case,'' Sheriff Grady Judd said. ``We fear and are preparing for the worst. We're working this case as if it were a homicide.''

On Wednesday, Judd said investigators had a ``person of interest'' in the disappearance: a 37-year-old woman who befriended Shakespeare after he won the lottery.

Judd said Dorice Donegan ``DeeDee'' Moore has information about Shakespeare.

Shakespeare, 43, won the jackpot after buying a lottery ticket at a convenience store in Frostproof.

Shakespeare -- who had a criminal record that included arrests and prison time for burglary, battery and not paying child support -- took a lump-sum payment of $16.9 million instead of annual $1 million installments.

He bought a Nissan Altima, a Rolex from a pawn shop and a $1 million home in a gated community. He talked about starting a foundation for the poor and insisted the money wouldn't change him.
I'm not a material person,'' he said in 2007. ``I don't let material things run me. I'm on a tight budget.''

The money quickly caused him problems anyway. A former co-worker sued him in 2007, accusing Shakespeare of stealing the winning ticket from him. Six months later, a jury ruled the ticket was Shakespeare's. Then there were the people constantly asking him for a piece of his fortune. ``They didn't wait. They just came right after they found out he won this money,'' his mother, Elizabeth Walker, said recently.

She said her son was generous, paying for funerals, lending money to friends starting businesses and even giving a million dollars to a guy known only as ``Big Man.''

Not long after he bought the million-dollar home in early 2007, he was approached by Moore, family members and officials said.

Moore -- who could not be reached by The Associated Press -- said she was interested in writing a book about Shakespeare's life. She became something of a financial advisor to Shakespeare.

Property records show that Moore's company, American Medical Professionals, bought Shakespeare's home for $655,000 last January. His mother said the last time she saw him was shortly afterward, around her birthday in February. Detectives said Wednesday in a news release that Moore began using Shakespeare's cellphone in April 2009 to text the man's relatives and friends to have them believe it was Shakespeare trying to contact them.
A PRICEY GIVEAWAY

Officials also said Moore is believed to have offered to give away a home worth approximately $200,000 in exchange for making a false report to law enforcement regarding an alleged recent sighting of Shakespeare.

Detectives say Moore also paid one of Shakespeare's relatives $5,000 to hand-deliver a birthday card containing cash to Shakespeare's mother suggesting that the card was from her son.

A telephone number connected to Moore was disconnected Wednesday.

The sheriff said the last time anyone saw Shakespeare was in April -- but it wasn't until Nov. 9 that he was reported missing -- by a police informant.
Continued here    http://www.miamiherald.com/569/story/1418686-p2.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »

Officer arrested in lotto winner's disappearance

Updated: Monday, 25 Jan 2010, 10:50 PM EST

Ten months ago, Abraham Shakespeare simply vanished, along with all of his money: $12 million he won in the Florida Lottery.

"We fear he's died a sinister death with sinister motives," said Polk Sheriff Grady Judd.

Now investigators have arrested a fellow law enforcement officer.

Troy Young, a 20-year veteran of the Lakeland Police Department, is accused of selling confidential information about Shakespeare to a woman who is now considered a person of interest in the case.

"He's a very well-liked guy. He's a personable guy, well-liked by fellow officers and well-liked by people in the community," said Lakeland Police spokesman Jack Gillen.

Detectives say Officer Young sold the information to 37 year old Dee Dee Moore.

Investigators say they met through a mutual friend, and that she claimed she was writing a book about the millionaire.

They say she paid the officer $200 and a plane ticket to run tag numbers and searches through law enforcement databases.

"For very little amount of money and Troy's bad judgment, Dee Dee Moore ruined his career in her overall confidence scheme," said Polk Sheriff Grady Judd.

The sheriff calls Moore a con artist who befriended Shakespeare and Officer Young -- a law enforcement veteran whose record was spotless, until now.

"Troy Young may not have known her ultimate sinister motive. But he knows as a police officer, it is illegal to run tag numbers and provide that data our of the confidential systems to the public," Judd said.

Young is charged with unlawful compensation, a 2nd degree felony; and misuse of confidential information, a misdemeanor.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/polk/125-officer-arrested-in-lotto-winner-disappearance

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

Deputies' dig may be related to missing lotto winner
Updated: Tuesday, 26 Jan 2010, 11:43 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 26 Jan 2010, 11:01 AM EST

PLANT CITY - Law enforcement officials from Hillsborough and Polk counties are converging on an area near Farkas Road and Highway 60, just west of Turkey Creek Road.

Detectives, crime scene vans, and metal detectors are combing the scene. However, investigators would not confirm what they are looking for.

FOX 13 has learned that they are looking for evidence after a possible body was found at the site,, and the Lakeland Ledger is reporting that the dig is in connection to the case of long-missing lotto winner Abraham Shakespeare.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/plant-city-body-found-012610

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

Tip leads to search for missing lottery winner's body

Last Update: 7:14 pm
PLANT CITY, FL -- Investigators brought out heavy machinery and started digging behind a Plant City home for the second day after they say they got a that tip missing millionaire Abraham Shakespeare was buried there.

"The only way to know if this is a credible tip is to work this case like it's a crime scene," said Sheriff Grady Judd.

Until around noon Wednesday, investigators were just picking at the dirt behind 5802 State Road 60, but around noon that all changed. The group began turning their heads in the direction behind the home.

According to tax records, the owner of the home is the man investigators identified as Dee Dee Moore's boyfriend.

Moore is the person of interest in the case of the missing millionaire.

Sheriff Grady Judd wouldn't say whether the agency found something or came up empty-handed, but his homicide detectives and Hillsborough County investigators were looking at something behind that house. They were snapping photographs and suddenly an excavator began making it's way near the driveway.

"Hillsborough Sheriff's detectives are removing concrete. There is a concrete slab and we'll be searching under that slab," said Sheriff Judd.

Crime scene technicians placed a tarp over the area once the excavator came through. Sheriff Grady Judd and Sheriff David Gee left the scene around 5:00pm. Crews are still processing the scene.

Investigators are releasing very little information in the case.
"The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is assisting the Polk County Sheriff's Office in an active criminal investigation. We can't release any details at this point. We are working together. We're going to be here several days,"  said Colonel Albert Frost with the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office.

Earlier this month, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said he believed Shakespeare had been killed.

Shakespeare took a lump sum payout of $17 million after winning the Florida lottery in 2007.  He has been missing since April 2009.

On Monday, a Lakeland police officer was arrested by homicide detectives and charged with illegally passing information to Dee Dee Moore. Troy McKay, 42, is also charged with receiving unlawful compensation.

Detectives say Young provided Moore with information through law enforcement databases and received money in exchange. The unlawful compensation charge is a 2nd degree felony.

Moore was named a person of interest in the case earlier this month.

According to a sheriff's report, Moore met young in August 2009 through a mutual acquaintance. Moore told detectives she was writing a book about Shakespeare and "wanted Young to corroborate as he was a police officer and his credibility was greater than others with whom she had spoken."

She said she paid Young on different occasions.  Young admitted to the crimes, according to the statement.

He was jailed on a $5,500 bond.

Detectives say Moore used Shakespeare's cell phone to text Shakespeare's relatives in an effort to make them believe the messages were from Shakespeare himself.

The report goes on to say that Moore paid one of Shakespeare's relatives $5,000.00 to deliver a birthday card containing cash to Shakespeare's mother, suggesting that the card was from her son.

Moore has told investigators that she believes Shakespeare is alive.  She said Shakespeare told her he just wanted to get away.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/mostpopular/story/Tip-leads-to-search-for-missing-lottery-winners/VHYO0F6lTEe5qNHePOFY5A.cspx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »

Remains found in search for missing lotto winner
16 mins ago

Plant City, Florida - Investigators searching for the body of a missing lottery winner from Polk County have found remains on a property off Highway 60 near Plant City.

The medical examiner will have to determine if they belong to Abraham Shakespeare.

On Wednesday afternoon a large excavator began breaking up a cement slab in back of the house. According to county records, the house is owned by Shar Krasniqi. Judd has called Krasniqi the boyfriend of DeeDee Moore.

Moore befriended Shakespeare and Judd says Moore acquired nearly $2 million worth of Shakespeare's cash and assets. Shakespeare was last seen in April and Moore is considered a "person of interest" in his disappearance.

"She has a lawyer and is not cooperating at this time," Judd says of Moore.

While all this searching goes on, longtime friends of Shakespeare in Lakeland worry about his welfare. "We all love him and we miss him dearly," says Nathaniel Thomas. "We're praying and our hearts go out to his family members - his children, his mother."

Friends say Shakespeare used to come to a neighborhood food market nearly every day just to chat and hangout with friends. Those visits continued even after he took a lump sum payout of $17 million from the lottery.

"He didn't dress fancy. He did things out of the kindness of his heart and I think people took advantage of that," says friend Terry Denson.

Shakespeare hasn't been seen since April 2009 and while his friends long for answers, with investigators digging for a body, they dread the answer they might just get.

Thomas admits, "It doesn't seem or look good right now."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/custom/story.aspx?storyid=123784&catid=20

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

I'm glad they've found his body.  Now they need to lock up this Moore woman and her boyfriend for life.  They took advantage of him then murdered him.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 07:07:34 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22370918/detail.html

Body Found In Search For Missing Lotto Winner
Remains Have Not Been Identified

POSTED: Thursday, January 28, 2010
UPDATED: 7:18 pm EST January 28, 2010
Abraham Shakespeare
Abraham Shakespeare, 43.
PLANT CITY, Fla. -- Human remains been found near a Plant City house where investigators were looking for the body of a missing Florida Lottery winner.

The body found Thursday has not been identified, but a medical examiner was at the scene. Authorities had suspected they might find the remains of Abraham Shakespeare, who was last seen in April.

The house is owned by the boyfriend of Dorice Moore, who authorities have called a "person of interest."

Moore has said she doesn't know where Shakespeare is, but authorities say she transferred more than $1 million from his bank account into hers. She said the money was a gift. No charges have been filed.

Shakespeare won $31 million in 2006.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100128/NEWS/1285066/1410?Title=Judd-DeeDee-Moore-Offered-Money-for-Lies-About-Shakespeare
missing lottery winner
Judd: DeeDee Moore Offered Money for Lies About Shakespeare
Sheriff says Dorice Moore, a person of interest in disappearance, tried to pay people to say they saw Abraham Shakespeare.

Sentorria Butler with her son Jeremiah at her home, Wednesday, January 13, 2010. Jeremiah is the son of Abraham Shakespeare.
By Merissa Green
THE LEDGER

Published: Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 11:58 p.m.

( page of 3 )

LAKELAND | When Sheriff Grady Judd named Dorice "DeeDee" Moore as a person of interest in the disappearance of Abraham Shakespeare earlier this month, he said Moore offered money to people to say they had seen the missing Florida Lottery winner.
Sentorria Butler, the mother of Shakespeare's 1-year-old son, Jeremiyah, says she was one of those people.

Butler, 25, said in a recent interview with The Ledger that Moore helped her move into a rented house Sept. 1, 2008, and get a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria. Butler said she accepted the help because she was in desperate need, but she reported Moore's plans to investigators.

Butler said Moore later offered to buy her a house so she would no longer have to rent the Southwest Lakeland home Moore helped her get.

"The last time I talked to DeeDee is when this investigation got started," Butler said, which was in November. "She had to have some kind of proof that she was doing something for Abraham."

DeeDee Moore
Butler said Moore wanted her to call Shakespeare's mother, Elizabeth Walker of Lakeland, and tell her she had seen her son, but Butler said she refused and called investigators, instead.

Detectives on Thursday unearthed a body behind a Plant City house at 5802 State Road 60 E. where Judd had said Shakespeare, 43, might be buried. Judd and Hillsborough Sheriff David Gee said Thursday it will take time to identify the body.

The two-story home there houses the office of Howard Stitzel, a lawyer with connections to both Shakespeare and Moore.

Although Judd said investigators are interested in 37-year-old Moore of Lakeland, she has not been charged with anything.

Moore could not be reached for comment Thursday.

continued here.... http://www.theledger.com/article/20100128/NEWS/1285066/1410?p=2&tc=pg

~ Peter Frampton
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »

This ignorant trampy POS is going down!   (Dee Dee)

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »

Body has been positively identified as Shakespeare

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-missing-millionaire-body-20100129,0,2562847.story

Confirmed: Dead body is that of missing Lottery winner

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

3:09 PM EST, January 29, 2010

Hilllsborough County officials confirmed this afternoon that the body they dug up Thursday night in Plant City is that of missing former Florida Lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare.

Shakespeare, who had not been seen since April and was reported missing in November, was ID'd through fingerprint analysis, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.

Officials are not saying how Shakespeare died, but law enforcement officials have said they are investigating the death as a homicide.

Investigators have removed earth-moving equipment from where the remains were discovered on State Road 60 in Plant City.

Abraham Shakespeare, a 43-year-old truck driver's assistant, won a $31 million lottery jackpot in 2006, opting for a lump sum payment of nearly $17 million.

((snipped))
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »

Rest in peace, Abraham Shakespeare.     an angelic monkey         And now I hope there will be justice for him.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/29/florida.missing.lotto.winner/?hpt=T1

Police: Remains buried under driveway are lottery winner

By Mallory Simon, CNN
January 29, 2010 3:40 p.m. EST

CNN) -- Police have identified human remains found buried under recently added concrete at a home in Plant City, Florida, as missing lottery millionaire Abraham Shakespeare, police said Friday.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department said that a cause of death hadn't been determined and that it would probably be Monday before it could say how he was killed.

Deputies made the discovery of remains Thursday after a tip came in, suggesting that investigators would find a body near a home in Plant City, according to CNN affiliate WFTV.

However, Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee said the investigation and information specifically led authorities to the area after they began to believe that he might be dead because of "sinister means and motives."

"Our indications were it would be there," Gee said Thursday night.

Police scanned the newly finished concrete slabs near the home on Wednesday and removed them. On Thursday, Gee said that they discovered the remains buried 5 feet below the surface and that it appeared they had been there for a while.

Shakespeare, a 43-year-old truck driver, won a $31 million Florida lottery prize in 2006. A year later, he won a court challenge from a fellow trucker who accused Shakespeare of snatching the winning ticket out of his wallet while the two were delivering meat to Miami restaurants.

Shakespeare's family reported him missing November 9, telling the Polk County sheriff's office that they hadn't seen him since April.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said that when his investigation began, authorities had hoped to find Shakespeare alive "and he truly had just wanted to hide from those who were asking him for money."

"As our investigation continued, the information we developed led us to believe he may very well have ended up with an untimely death," Judd said.

Both Judd and Gee would not comment on whether anything else was found inside the man-made grave or whether a previous person of interest was connected to the area. The home, according to WFTV, belongs to the boyfriend of a person of interest in the disappearance of Shakespeare.

Police said they were now shifting their focus to a murder investigation.

"It's painfully obvious he didn't get there by himself," Judd said.

Gee said police from Polk and Hillsborough counties were already working with prosecutors on the case and hope to bring to justice the person responsible for what they say is clearly cold-blooded murder.

"Somebody put that body in that hole," Gee said. "This isn't by any means just where we find someone on the side of the road. Somebody has obviously put him there."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.